Chapter 12

D Loves N

Sitting at where she’s sitting just now, Sooyoung leans back on the back of the chair and let out a small sigh, as she tries to figure out why the bespectacled girl doesn’t want to show her face. Looking at how she looks like with glasses, she won’t look too bad without it. So ugly isn’t the reason why she doesn’t want to show. It’s truly puzzling for her.

 

“Sooyoung ssi…” Yoona called out softly. Being deep in her thoughts, Sooyoung didn’t realize that the girl, together with the guys, is standing behind her. Thanks to her ability to adapt and react quickly, the shock she gets isn’t big. “Thanks for helping me...”

 

“It’s nothing. Is your face okay…?” Sooyoung replied, staring at the girl with slightly oversized glasses. Her eyes scan the body of the girl thoroughly as she checks for injuries and she’s glad that there’s none except for the one on her face.

 

“Let’s go home, shall we?” Suho asked and the two girls nodded. As the group pack up and leave, Sooyoung’s sharp eyes caught sight of some suspicious looking shadows behind some of the shelves. However, she ignored it as the guys called her. Right before stepping out of the library, she took one last look and smirked.

 

“Are they gone?” The leader of the group asked, peeking out slightly from her hiding place.

 

“Yes.” Her friend replied after checking. “Darn. Our plan backfired. Suho oppa is so caring towards that nerd. All four of them rushed over just for her. Just what is their relationship?!”

 

“That nerd must have something to make them listen to her command. There’s no way they won’t fall for our charm and yet fall for that ugly nerd.” The leader frowned, as she clenched her fists tightly.

 

“Anyway, did you see the school demon? Why is she with them? Is the nerd using her to control our oppas?” Another girl stated.

 

“Must be. Maybe she is using something to control the demon, and using the demon to control our oppas with fear.” The first girl added. “B... But did you see the smirk on the demon’s face just now, right before she leaves? I think she saw us already. Are we going to die?”

 

“W… What? I... It’s alright. D... Don’t be afraid. We just have to deny everything. If she dares to hurt us, we shall take revenge on the nerd. After all, the nerd is the one controlling everything. The demon is under her.” The leader gulped at the thought of getting into trouble with the school demon and she tries to calm herself down. Her friends nodded, hoping that they will be fine.

-----

The tall girl lies on her bed and stared at the ceiling of her room. She already knew the culprits of the whole incident. The thief that stole that gangster’s pen, and the one that tries to harm Yoona by putting the stolen pen into her pencil case.

 

Why would someone want to harm such an innocent and kind girl…? Sooyoung frowned. Her expression softens as she suddenly got reminded of what happened in the school canteen. The bespectacled girl’s kind words and gentle pat. At that moment, the aura that the girl emitted seems familiar. It’s as though she has seen it somewhere before. I will take care of it tomorrow. Let’s just go and bathe first.

 

With that, Sooyoung got down from her bed, and her wallet fell to the ground after she hits it off the bedside drawer by accident. Something drops out from it as she picks it up. She doesn’t remember putting any paper into her wallet. She stares at the white piece of paper-like thing on the floor for a while before picking it up. It’s a photograph. The photograph of a doe-eye girl. Even though it’s just a photograph, the girl in the picture seems to be emitting an innocent and warm aura.

 

“Wait a minute. The aura… It’s the same… But why..?” Sooyoung stares at the picture intensely. Everything is like a difficult puzzle right now, and she didn’t have a single clue to solve it.