Chapter 20

D Loves N

“Alright class, listen up.” The bell rang to signal the start of the day’s curriculum. The teacher came in with only a piece of paper and his bag. Without even greeting the class, he calls for their attention and notice a certain girl sleeping at the back or the class. “Sorry but can someone wake her up…?”

 

“Teacher, are you kidding us? We will die if we do that!” The class exclaimed, showing their unwillingness clearly. In the midst of all theses din and noise, the doe-eye girl sighed and walked over to the tall girl, nudging her gently. No one actually notice her doing that.

 

“Sooyoung ssi…” She whispered as she nudged.

 

“… Yes…?” The tall girl opens her eyes slowly and yawned, stretching her body in the process. “Why is it so noisy…?”

 

Her voice caught the attention of everyone in class instantly. Everyone quiets down quickly, and silence filled the air for the next five minutes.

 

“… What is this? You guys get Yoona ssi to wake me up but now you are not doing anything?” Sooyoung frowns.

 

“S… Sorry. Because it… it’s about the upcoming school festival and since you’re part of the class…” The teacher stuttered. In the school, no one dares to get near the tall girl. Even the teachers and Principal are scare of her for a very obvious reason. Her past and her family background.

 

“I’m not interested. Sorry.” The tall girl stated her opinion instantly, not even giving the teacher a chance to finish talking. Still standing beside the tall girl, the doe-eye girl frowns and pokes the tall girl before she can place her head on the desk again. “Oww… Yoona ssi…”

 

“Sooyoung ssi…” Yoona sighed, staring straight into Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

“… Fine. I will listen. Carry on talking please.” Sooyoung turns away quickly. The stare of the girl is making her weak.

 

“They are close…? But they are still addressing each other formally.”

 

“When did it starts…?”

 

Various conversations could be heard throughout the class and the noise level increases rapidly. Irritated, Sooyoung banged her desk, accidentally cracking it in the process.

 

“Oh crap.” She stares at the crack before turning to look at the frowning doe-eye girl. “… Sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

 

“Is Yoona ssi powerful…? Why does it seems like the demon is scared of her?”

 

“But Yoona ssi is a nerd, isn’t she? She can’t even throw a ball properly.”

 

“Shut up an let the teacher talk!” Sooyoung shouted, this time not daring to look at Yoona. Yoona sighed return to her seat quietly, not wanting to further disrupt the lesson. The class quiet down once again and the teacher went on to talk to them about the details about the festival.

 

“Okay. So now, what kind of event do you want to hold?” The teacher asked, holding up his marker pen and ready to take down the suggestion.

 

“Haunted house!”

 

“Maid cafe!”

 

“Woo! Yes! Maid cafe!” The guys in class got excited suddenly after Maid Cafe is mentioned.

 

“You guys just want to see the girls in maid costumes! erts!” The girls stated angrily.

 

“Oh god. You’re stating the obvious. Even though the girls in this class is kind of…”

 

“What?!”

 

“There are too little girls in this class. I doubt that… S… Sooyoung ssi will be willing to help… Right?” One of the girls tries to be as careful as she can with her words.

 

“Rejected.” Sooyoung replied.

 

“See! She didn’t-“

 

“No I didn’t say I reject the idea. No matter what you guys are doing, I reject to help out. So don’t ask me. I’m just listening to this for the sake of listening.” Sooyoung interrupted and glanced over to the doe-eye girl, who seems to be a little uneasy. … Is she afraid that they will ask her to take off her glasses or something…?

 

Bearing with the noise, Sooyoung sits through the whole discussion without a word and being the majority, the guys won in their debate and voting. In the end, the choice is still maid cafe.

 

“But there’s too little girls!” The girls argued.

 

“So all the girls have to help then! Is that okay, Yoona ssi…?” Suddenly, all attention are on the doe-eye girl, somewhat pressurizing.

 

“… I… I… I guess…” Yoona’s face turns red with embarrassment as she looks away to avoid looking into their eyes.

 

“That’s it then! Maid cafe!” The guys cheered.

…..

“Why did you agree to their decision?! Now we really need to do Maid cafe.” The moment break starts, some girls came and surrounded the doe-eye girl, blaming her.

 

“I… I…” Yoona didn’t know what to do. If she doesn’t agree, it will be the guys blaming her. Either way, she will be blamed.

 

“Don’t be such a sore loser.” Sooyoung came and pushed the girls away. “It’s not like it’s her decision. The guys decided it and never thought of changing no matter what she says. They are just ensuring that she’s fine with it, idiots.”

 

“S… Sooyoung ssi… W… We are so sorry.” With that, the girls scurried back to their seats and the guys who witness it laughed loudly at them.

 

“Will you be okay with that…?” Yoona asked.

 

“Since you are doing it, I guess there’s no helping it then.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“Nah~ it’s okay. I will make the others work for you, don’t worry.”

 

“Sooyoung ssi!”

 

“Just kidding. Those guys are right. You’re really naive, Yoona ssi.” Sooyoung grins and Yoona blushed immediately. She turns away, not wanting to talk anymore and Sooyoung just chuckles at her actions. You’re so cute, Yoona…