Chapter 17

D Loves N

"Did they hurt you, Yoona ssi?" After searching all the corners in the school, the tall girl managed to find the bespectacled girl in one of the girls' restroom. She stares at the face of the girl and noticed the trace of dried tears. "Why did you cry? What did they do?"


"I... It's nothing. I'm just scared..." Yoona replied, sniffing a little.

"... Wait here for a moment." The tall girl went out and Yoona could hear some smashing and crashing sound. Worried about what is happening, she rushed out quickly, to see the bunch of guys lying on the floor, groaning in pain. And Big's collar is gripped tightly, in the tall girl's hand. The bamboo sword is totally destroyed. "Are you going to tell me? What did you do to her?"

"I... I... I pulled off her glasses... By force..." Big stuttered. The tall girl hold up the destroyed bamboo sword, ready to hit him with that but someone caught her hand.

"S... Sooyoung ssi... Stop..." Yoona said with a pleading look. Sooyoung looks at the hand at her wrist and blushes immediately. She dropped the guy and bamboo sword instantly. Taking advantage of the pause, Big gathered his lackeys and ran off immediately.

 

“T... They didn’t do anything to you after pulling off your glasses, did they?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“No. I ran away after they did that….” Yoona replied. “Why…?”

 

“Cause you’re beautiful! I’m afraid those guys might jump at you after they saw your flawless face…” Sooyoung’s voice gets softer as she continues, realizing slowly that she just said the wrong thing. She didn’t intend to let the bespectacled girl know that she knew how she looks like without glasses.

 

“Y… You saw me without glasses before…?” She doesn’t remember meeting the girl without her glasses before. She was very careful about this matter, and she even wore her fake glasses at home when she’s alone. Knowing that she can’t hide anymore, Sooyoung fished out her wallet and passed it to Yoona, before turning away to hide her reddened face. Yoona opens the wallet, surprised and shocked to see her own photograph inside. The one she intended to give to Sehun that time. “… S... So this is why I couldn’t find the photograph… When did you take it…?”

 

“When I went to your house to get my bag…” Sooyoung’s face got even redder as she answers. She started looking around and even picked up the destroyed bamboo sword to fiddle with it. As she does that, a small piece of the bamboo sword that is sticking out pricked her by accident. “Oww…”

 

“What happened? Did you get pricked by it?” Hearing that, Yoona grabs Sooyoung’s hand immediately. She looks at the small hole in the girl’s finger worriedly, and drags the girl into the restroom to wash the wound. She even dried Sooyoung’s hand for her. As she takes out a Band-Aid to put it on the wound, Sooyoung snatches the Band-Aid over and pulls her hand away.

 

“I… It’s okay. I will do it myself…” Sooyoung said, as she moves to a corner to stick the Band-Aid on. “Please don’t be so nice to me….”

 

“Why…?” Yoona asked, as she steps forward to stand beside the girl.

 

“B… Because... Because…” Sooyoung tilts her head a little and their eyes met. She turns away quickly and she could feel her face heating up. Because I will fall for you if you continue to be so nice to me… “B… because, … I’m the school demon. You’re not supposed to be nice to me. Y… You should be scared of me and avoiding me.”

 

“I’m the school nerd. I’m supposed to be ‘invisible’, you know? But you noticed me. And you even helped me. No, save is a better word. You saved me from those gangsters. And you’re too nice to be a demon. Being labeled as the school demon doesn’t mean anything.” Yoona replied, with a smile.