Chapter 08

D Loves N

 

Holding her tray of food, the tall girl walks towards her usual seat and sat down. The whole row of tables is empty, as no one dares to sit near her. Even the next two rows are almost empty too. She sighed, regretting the fact that she didn’t buy any bread on the way to school. She can just head to the roof to eat if she has a lunch box or bread, but she didn’t have any of the two. Immersed in her own thoughts, she didn’t notice that someone is settling down on that row she’s at.

 

“That idiot. I thought she’s a nerd and top in the whole level. Why is she so stupid to be sitting there? Didn’t she want to live anymore?” It’s only when the tall girl’s sharp ears caught some whispers among the students, then she noticed the extra person sitting at the end of the row.

 

“… Yoona ssi…?” The tall girl stood up and approached the bespectacled girl, sitting down in front of the girl with her tray of food. “Why are you sitting here?”

 

“It’s empty and quiet. Since no one wants to sit down here…” Yoona replied, putting a spoonful of rice into .

 

“Why didn’t you sit with the guys?”

 

“I don’t want any bad rumors to spread. You know how popular those guys are…. With their looks…” Yoona sighed. “Fan girls are scary, you know.”

 

“Ahh... No wonder you walk alone when coming to school this morning… I understand.”

 

“Sitting here might not do you good, Sooyoung ssi.. People might mistake it as you’re bullying me, you know.” Hearing that, Sooyoung turns around to look at the people staring at them. Judging from their look, what Yoona said is highly possible. It seems typical for the ‘school demon’ to be bullying the ‘school nerd’, so it’s easy to be mistaken if the two of them are together.

 

“Let them be. Not like it’s the first time they think of me in such a way.” Sooyoung looks at her tray of food that is almost untouched. Somehow, she doesn’t feel like eating anymore. However, she felt a hand on her head suddenly, causing her to look up.

 

“It must be hard on you..” Yoona pats the girl, with a gentle and kind expression on her face. From the other students’ perspective, it’s rather shocking. All of them are discussing how the ‘demon’ will bash the bespectacled girl, as a punishment for what she just did.

 

Sitting at another table nearby, are the guys, surrounded by girls. They also saw the bespectacled girl patting the tall girl, and couldn’t help but to laugh softly.

 

“Why are you laughing, oppas?” One of the girls snuggles closer to the guys, making their laugh fade away quickly.

 

“Can you please move to another table...? It’s uncomfortable.” Tao pushed the girls beside him away and moved closer to Kris, who is beside him, eating calmly. Slightly hurt by the rejection, the girls moved away and settled down at the table behind the guys’.

 

“It’s my first time seeing Yoong patting someone like this….” Sehun stares at the two girls, with a small spark of jealousy in his eyes.

 

“Someone is jealous… Woo~” Tao teased, making sure his voice isn’t too loud.

 

“I... I’m not!” Sehun retorted and Tao continues to tease, until Kris and Suho asked him to stop. Unknown to them, is the fact that those girls behind them heard their conversation.

 

“That nerd is close to our oppas?” The ‘leader’ of the group questioned. The rest shrugged. None of them knew. “Alright. Let’s just teach her a lesson, and get her to stay away from them.”