Chapter 40

D Loves N


As expected, the bath was an awkward one. They don't even dare to talk to each other, for no reason, other than the awkwardness they are feeling. The tall girl had been blushing madly ever since the bath, after she accidentally turns around a little and saw the doe-eye girl's . Obviously the doe-eye girl didn't know about that.

Control, Sooyoung. Control. The tall girl repeated that in her mind for the nth number of times, as she tries to calm herself down while walking side by side with the doe-eye girl. Seeing the back of the girl reminds her of whatever she sees in the bathroom, making things worse.

"Are you okay, Youngie? Your face has been really red since just now..." The doe-eye girl asked, staring straight into Sooyoung's eyes.

"N... No... Nothing. I... I... I'm fine." Sooyoung stuttered, turning away quickly as she feels that her body temperature is raising again.

"Tell me if you're unwell, okay?" Yoona smiled, pulling Sooyoung's arm and hugging it happily. The tall girl likes it but she knows that her heart couldn't take it much longer with all these 'combo attacks' from the doe-eye girl. She removes her arm from the girl's embrace, resulting in the girl pouting cutely at her. That's it. It went over her limit and the next thing she knows, is that she's steaming and her world goes black.

…..

"Are you okay...? Why did you faint suddenly?" The doe-eye girl asked worriedly when the tall girl finally opens her eyes.

"... N... Nothing..." Sooyoung replied, getting up quickly. "Dinner..."

"It's over there. I asked for teacher's permission to bring it to our room since you fainted... Do you want to eat now? I'm hungry~" Yoona whined as she rubbed her tummy like a little kid. Though happy to see the girl acting so cutely, Sooyoung silently hope that this girl would stop doing it, at least for now, to let her body temperature have a break. She nodded and the doe-eye girl jumps off the bed happily, bringing the food over. "Let's eat~!"

Sooyoung smiles weakly at her and the two of them start digging in quietly. During the whole time when they are eating, Sooyoung couldn't help but to stare at the doe-eye girl, watching her as she eats the food. No matter what the girl does, she always looks so cute and innocent. Sooyoung didn't even know what she's doing, when she suddenly pulls the girl into her embrace, hugging her tightly.

"Y... Youngie?" Yoona is obviously surprised.

"Thanks for everything, Yoong..." Sooyoung smiles faintly, as she enjoys the warmth the girl gives her.

"It's Yoongie!" Yoona protested with a pout, which Sooyoung did not see.

"Oh right... Sorry... Y... Yoongie."

"But why so sudden...?"

"I'm happy, that's all." Sooyoung moves away, smiling brightly for the very first time in her life. It's probably the brightest and sweetest smile she ever gives someone.

"That's random." Yoona chuckled. "But glad to hear that. You should really smile more, Youngie. You look really cute when you smile."

"I... I... I will..." Sooyoung blushed at Yoona's compliment and she quickly stuffed the food into .

"Slowly! I'm not going to steal any from you, shikshin!"

"Pot calling the kettle black?" Sooyoung smirks, stealing a piece of meat from Yoona's box.

"Yah~!" And the atmosphere in the room increased greatly. So does the noise level.