Chapter 2

Beautiful Secret

 

Time passed really fast. It's been three months already.

Without notice, Kim Jong Kook and Song JiHyo had become closer than anyone else. But of course, nobody knew about this as everything had been kept and done secretly by both of them.They haven’t declared as a couple, but inside them both, there’s a feeling that’s growing. Even their managers didn’t know about this.

Another day of Running Man shooting ends. Everyone packs their stuffs and prepare to go home. Kim Jong Kook is already in his car, waiting for Haha. They always come and go back together for the shoot, unless they have different schedule.

Today’s shooting makes Kim Jong Kook feels uneasy, with MC lines being highlighted thru out the day, which means Ji-hyo is spending a lot of times and scenes with Gary. He senses himself being jealous during the shooting, and that had made him not focus in the game and lost. He even tries not to talk to Ji-hyo the whole day.

While waiting for Haha, he saw Gary and Ji-hyo walk together to Gary’s car. Ji-hyo enters the car, and Gary even fastened Ji-hyo’s seatbelt. Ji-hyo hit and pushed Gary because she knew what Gary tries to do, acting like he’s the most romantic boyfriend in the world. But they both were having a good time together, laughing and teasing each other.

Kim Jong Kook feels jealousy keeps burning inside him. (Ji-hyo ah, I thought we both shared the same feelings. But why did you do this to me? As much as I want Gary to be happy, it still hurt to see you with him..what should I do..)

“Hyung, let’s go..”

Haha take place next to the driver’s seat. Kim Jong Kook starts his car and drive away.

Jong Kook asks Haha to go and have a drink with him. Haha agreed. He knows something is wrong with Kim Jong Kook. He seems quiet the whole day.

After drinking three glasses of soju, Haha asks Kim Jong Kook.

“Hyung, is something wrong?”

“Ani-yo…cheers, Dong Hoon..”

Haha just sit and watch Jong Kook’s reaction.

“Hyung, what’s your problem? Come on..share with me..you can’t keep it to yourself, hyung..” Haha felt sorry to see Jong Kook in that condition. He’s sure something is wrong.

Jong Kook just smile and keep on drinking.

“Nothing, Haha..I just feel like having a drink with you, that’s all..”(I’m deeply hurt..it’s hurt when you love someone, but all you can do is keep it to yourself..it really hurt, Dong Hoon)

 

Ji-hyo has tried to call Kim Jong Kook several times already. But he didn’t answer even one call.

Ji-hyo tries to sms him.

  • Oppa, you are being quiet today. Are you okay? I’ve tried to call you several times, but no answer. Please reply/call me back yah. I’m worried.

Jong Kook replied the sms shortly.

  •   I’m okay. Don’t worry. Sleep tight. Good nite.

Ji-hyo feels like Kim Jong Kook is avoiding her. (Oppa, what happened to you? Have I done anything wrong? I miss you, oppa). And all of sudden she fell asleep.

 

The next morning, Kim Jong Kook had been called to come early to meet the Running Man producers.

“Don’t tell me I’m on another spy mission, PD.”

“No. But we want to ask you something.”

“Waa, you guys look serious. I hope it’s not about terminating my contract.”

“Ahaha…it’s nothing related to that.”

“Feuhhh!! Okay, what is it?”

“Kim Jong Kook, what’s your relationship with Song Ji-hyo?”

“What?? What do you mean?” Jong Kook is totally in shock with the question.

“We have this Spartace fans that is growing really fast. Day by day, many had asked us to have Spartace episodes, moments or anything. We’re still considering about it. So I want to know what is actually your relationship with Ji-hyo. It’s too obvious, Jong Kook, that you two weren’t only friends, not even like a sister and brother.”

“Yahh…how can you assume that? We have nothing more than friends. But maybe because we’re comfortable with each other, and can get along very well, it seems like more than friends. But it’s nothing, PD”

“Are you sure? Okay, let say we want to produce the Spartace moments, do you mind? Or would you rather we delete the scene?”

Kim Jong Kook is quiet for a while. He’s been thinking what’s the best answer he could give.

“Tell you what. We’ll give you few days to think about this. Discuss with Ji-hyo as well. Then let us know the outcomes in the next meeting.”

 

Jong Kook left the meeting room to be with other Running Man casts. His head is really swinging right now, thinking about when the PD mentioned his closeness with Ji-hyo is obvious whereas he had been trying to hide it the best as he could.

When he arrives, everyone greets him, including Ji-hyo. But he just nodded lightly without saying a word with Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo feels quite sad with Jong Kook right now.

During the game, again Jong Kook had been assigned as a chaser, while Ji-hyo’s team as defense. If previously, Jong Kook had let go of Ji-hyo, not in this episode. Right when he found Ji-hyo, he tears off Ji-hyo’s name tag and quickly left. Ji-hyo was stunned. 

 

After shooting, all other members plan to go for a light dinner. But Kim Jong Kook prefers not to join them and gives excuses.

Jae-suk, Haha and Ji-hyo go by Jae-suk’s car, while KwangSoo, Gary and Sukjin go by Gary’s car.

“Oppa, can I asks you something?”

“What is it Ji-hyo?”

“Oppa, did Kim Jong Kook said anything about me? Did he said if I did anything wrong to him? He’s been cold to me since yesterday. He doesn’t even talk to me.”

“Really?” Jae-suk is surprised.

“Jae-suk hyung, he’s been weird since yesterday. He asked me to have a drink with him, but he just drinks and don’t say anything.”

“Yah, this Kim Jong Kook..what’s with the attitude??”

“Oppa, can you help to find out for me? He won’t answer my call, or even talk to me. Can you ask him what’s his problem with me?”

“Hurmm…ok Ji-hyo..oppa will talk to him and let you know okay. But don’t worry so much. Sometimes Jong Kook is like that. If there’s something bothering his mind, he just couldn’t talk to anyone.”

“But Jae-suk oppa, he only didn’t talk to me.”

“Aihh…then I will definitely talk to him..”

Ji-hyo just look outside with a sad feeling.

 

Later that night, after supper, Jae-suk go to Jong Kook’s house.

“Ohh, hyung..weren’t you supposed to be with them?”

“Yahh…look at the time now..do you think I’m gonna sleep there?”

“Ahahaha…then, whhhat are you doing here?”

“Aren’t you gonna let me in? Do you know that I could freeze outside?”

“Ahahahaha…sorry, hyung…Come! Come in! Have a seat ah.”

After closing the door, Jong Kook takes place next to Jae-suk.

“Jong Kook ah, are you okay?”

“Waaa…hyung, since when you are this concern about me? Ahahah..you surely love me so much ah.”

“Kim Jong Kook, Haha and Ji-hyo said you were weird since yesterday. And you don’t even talk to Ji-hyo. What is wrong with you?”

Jong Kook just smile.

“Kim Jong Kook, if you have any problems, you can share with me. We are family, right?”

Kim Jong Kook looks down to the floor, but still smiling.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook…do you want to keep quiet until tomorrow? Then let me have your pillow and comforter.”

“Ahahaha…sorry, hyung..I’m just speechless…to have such caring person like all of you.” (Especially Ji-hyo)

“Jong Kook ah..did something happened between you and Ji-hyo? Why didn’t you talk to her today? You don’t even answer her calls. She’s so worried about you.”

“Oh, really??Ehehe..I’m fine, hyung. Nothing related to Ji-hyo. Just something buzzing in my mind. But I need to deal with it myself.”

“What is it?”

Silent.

“Are you in love with Ji-hyo??”

“Yahhh…what is this, Jae-suk hyung..why do you keep making assumption about me and Ji-hyo?”

“Jong Kook ah..I may like to tease people, but I also can see what’s the actual feelings behind their laughs. Do you think I didn’t notice your closeness with Miss Mong? Even Haha can see it. But we just want you to admit it by yourself. You won’t be able to keep it on your own, Jong Kook. You’re gonna need our helps to cover it up for you.”

Jong Kook grab a cushion and cover his shy face.

“Aih..don’t make that Kookie face ah..I won’t be interested” said Jae-suk.

“Hyung, there’s nothing between me and Ji-hyo..really…if there is anything, I will tell you, okay? But at the moment, no..”

“So that means, you did have feelings for her right? It’s just that you’re waiting for her to feel the same…yesss! Gotcha!!”

“Aiyahh…hyung, not like that, hyung..”

“Got my answer already. Okay, I’m leaving.”

“Hyung, you’ve misunderstand my statement. What will Gary think if he heard what you said? Please, Jae-suk hyung. It’s nothing like what you think.”

“Kim Jong Kook, I’ll give you both my bless 200%. Okay? Don’t worry. The love is on the way. Hahaha..hiyaa, go to sleep..I’ll see you tomorrow. Just try to call Ji-hyo and talk to her tomorrow. She’s very sad with you.”

Jae-suk leaves the house.

 

Kim Jong Kook still couldn’t sleep. He browses thru his mobile and look for Ji-hyo’s number. He’s not sure if he should call Ji-hyo at that time, but he knew he can’t sleep before speaking to Ji-hyo.

“Yoboseyo?” sleepy Ji-hyo answered.

“Ji-hyo ah…sorry to wake you up..”

Silent.

“Ji-hyo ah…..MongJi…”

After few seconds of silent, “Oppaaaa…how are you?” with a very y, husky voice.

Jong Kook smile.

“I think I better talk to you tomorrow, Cheon Seong-im. You’re already in dreamland. I see you tomorrow, sweet dreams Ji-hyo ah. Sorry to disturb you.”

Jong Kook smile alone when imagining Ji-hyo’s sleepy face right now. He surely misses his MongJi. He feels like he’s being unreasonable to Ji-hyo when she’s totally not at fault. He will make it up to Ji-hyo tomorrow.