Chapter 41

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo walks in to her room with mix emotions, happy and touched. She never imagine Jong Kook would do everything and anything for her. Now she knows that she can’t lost Jong Kook forever. While she’s still thinking about her fiancé, her mom suddenly knocks the door. She invited her in and they both sat on the bed.  

“Seong-im ah…..how are you feeling now??”

“Of course happy, umma..I cannot express my feelings today in words….”

“Yeah….we can see that…your face is glittering all the time today…erm, can I see the ring?”

Ji-hyo shows the ring to her mother.

“It’s beautiful. Jong Kook really know what he’s doing.”

“N-neh! He even bought this dress for me.”

Ji-hyo shows her mother the dress, making her mom surprise to see that beautiful dress.

“Aigoo….this is really beautiful, Seong-im ah….He is the perfect guy for you….”

“N-neh! In fact he is too perfect, umma….that I feel I don’t deserve such a good man like him…” Ji-hyo speak softly, looking down to herself.

Her mother bring up her chin, both hands now holding her cheeks.

“Seong-im ah…stop looking down on yourself…Before this, you are always confident in everything you do, always confident with yourself. That’s why they call you the ‘Ace’. But since the exposure about your past, you totally changed. You have very low self esteem. This is not you, Seong-im,” Ji-hyo’s mom speaks while brushing her hair now.

Ji-hyo play with her fingers.

“Seong-im ah…I know you feel terrible with what happened before..But you have to fight those who want to bring you down..Don’t let them fill satisfied with your suffer. Never said you don’t deserve this and that, coz everything happens for reason. Promise me I’ll get back my ‘Ace’.”

“Ahaha…Umma, you make it sound like I’m a superhero..”

“You are to me…You are always stronger than Ji-eun. But now, I feel like Ji-eun is my eldest daughter…so you need to come back…”

“N-neh!! I’m sorry for everything I said…I promise not to make everyone worried anymore…okay?”

“Good for you…Now go to sleep…You must be tired with all this..”

“N-neh! I will…thank you, umma….”

They both hugs each other before her mother leave the room.

 

When Ji-hyo’s ready to sleep, she checks her mobile but find no updates or text from her fiancé. She text Jong Kook asking if he already arrived home.

Few minutes later, she receives a call from Jong Kook.

“Yeoboseyo!” Ji-hyo greets.

“Yeoboseyo, darling!”

Ji-hyo smile. “Auwww….so sweet…heheh…Jagiya, have you arrived? Why didn’t you text me?”

“I’ve arrived 10 minutes ago. But I wanna see if you miss me that much.”

“Aihh!! If you wanna test me, not something like this. I’m worried something happened to you when you didn’t update me.”

“Oh, did I make you worry? Sorry, yeobo…didn’t mean to…”

“It’s okay.”

“Erm….Yeobo, you don’t have anything to do tomorrow right?”

“No! Tomorrow I have free schedule. Wae?”

“I wanna bring you to meet my mom. We should tell her about the proposal before she finds out from someone else.”

Ji-hyo suddenly keep quiet.

“Hello! Yeobo ah…”

“Err….yes, I’m still here….”

“Why are you quiet? You don’t wanna meet my mom?”

“It’s not that. I’m just….don’t you think it’s too early?”

“Of course not. She’s already sad when she only learnt about our relationship from the news. We cannot leave her out from something big like this.”

“N-neh! I understand. Oppa….do you think she’ll like me?”

“Ji-hyo ah…We’ve gone thru this over and over again…”

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry…..”

“She will love you just like I do….Don’t worry….”

“N-neh! If you said so…”

“That’s my girl. So I’ll fetch you tomorrow morning okay?”

“….Okay…I’ll see you tomorrow…”

 

The next morning, Jong Kook waited for his love one in the car. When Ji-hyo walks out from her family’s house, Jong Kook is in gape watching his stunning fiancé wearing a cordial blue dress with creamy beige high heels and purse same color as high heels.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Ji-hyo greeted when entering the car.

Jong Kook still staring at Ji-hyo.

“Hello!! Please come back to the ground…..” Ji-hyo keep on waving in front of Jong Kook.

Seeing Jong Kook still not moving, Ji-hyo pull his hair making him screams.

“Ouchhhh!!”

“Good for you! I thought you’re frozen…hehe…”

“Well, I wouldn’t be in this condition if you’re not dress up like this.”

“Like this….as in good…or bad??”

“Too good….Why are you overly dress up?”

“This is over? This is nothing, jagiya. Anyway, I have to look good and impress my future mother in law, isn’t it? This is the proper dress that I have. I actually wore something ier just now, but umma asked me to change. Hehe...”

“Why don’t you just dress up with jeans like usual?”

“Wae? Don’t you like it?”

“Are you crazy? I love it….but I’m just afraid my brother will fall in love with you too…”

“Awww….Jagiya, I’ve already said yes to your proposal…It doesn’t matter even if Ji Jin-hee oppa falls in love with me.”

“Really? Then maybe you should comfort me with a morning kiss.”

Jong Kook lean closer to kiss Ji-hyo’s lips but Ji-hyo stop him.

“Wae?”

“Oppa…you’ll ruin my make-up.”

“Owh that’s more important than to please me?” Jong Kook shows his sulky face and quickly look to the front.

“Aigoo…look at his sulky face…ya jagiya…I love you….jagiya…” Ji-hyo tries to get Jong Kook’s attention but being ignored.

“Aigoo…Jagiya, I’m sorry…Why being so sensitive over something like this?”

Jong Kook still didn’t say a word.

Ji-hyo take a drastic action by start kissing Jong Kook’s neck. She knows Jong Kook is sensitive in that area. When Jong Kook still doesn’t react, Ji-hyo start kissing all over his face until her kisses land on his lips.

But to her surprise, Jong Kook suddenly pull her into his hug and kiss her passionately till she’s out of breath.

When he breaks the kiss, Ji-hyo look at him in disbelieve. But Jong Kook just smile to her.

“Yahhh!! Did you just pretend ignoring me??” Ji-hyo ask in anger.

Jong Kook simply answers in smile, “I love you, yeobo! Now I can start to drive. Hehe…”

“Oh dear….I cannot believe I actually fall for your act…Just wait for your turn…huh…” Ji-hyo said while looking at the mirror, fixing her make-up. Jong Kook only laughs at her.

 

They finally arrived at Jong Kook’s family house. Ji-hyo didn’t say a word the moment Jong Kook stop his car.

“Hey….everything’s gonna be okay….Remember, I’ll always be with you…..” Jong Kook tries to ease the tense on Ji-hyo.

They both walk together into the house and being greeted by Jong Kook’s mother.

“Umma….this is Ji-hyo….Ji-hyo, my lovely mother….”

“Annyeonghaseyo! It’s nice to meet you,” Ji-hyo said whilst bowing at a 45 degree.

Ji-hyo then walks closer to shake hand with Jong Kook’s mother but she is suddenly being pull into her hug.

“Thank you very much…..for making my handsome son happy…You don’t have any idea how much you mean to him,…and to me…”

“Owh…please don’t say that, mam…..”

Jong Kook’s mom release Ji-hyo but then cupped her cheeks in both hands.

“But it is true…Thank you for taking care of my lovely son…And you're such a lovely and beautiful girl....”

“Aih…Umma, don’t make her cry. She’s too sensitive of such compliments..” Jong Kook teases Ji-hyo.

“Yah!! I did not..” Ji-hyo defends herself but still control her manners, making Jong Kook’s mother laughs.

“Hahaha….Don’t worry Ji-hyo ah. I know he love to tease you. Let him be. Come, have a seat.”

“Umma, Ji-hyo brings this food for you. But do not feel too delighted, she didn’t cook it. She bought it.”

Ji-hyo feels her face turn red. (Why are you looking for trouble with me, oppa??)

“Owh..thank you very much Ji-hyo ah. Don’t trouble yourself next time.”

“Er…It’s okay.”

“Umma, where’s appa?”

“Owh…he’s still at work. But I already told him to come back and have lunch together with us. Your brother will also try to join us.”

“Ahhh…that’s good.”

 

They chat until it’s time for lunch. Ji-hyo helps Jong Kook’s mother preparing and setting the table while Jong Kook stays in the living room.

When his father arrives, he’s surprise to find Jong Kook sitting in the living room.

“Owh..how long have you been here?”

“Almost an hour ago. Appa, are you busy? I need to talk to you personally.”

Before his father answer, his mother call them for lunch. They both enter the dining room together. Jong Kook’s father is surprise to find Ji-hyo in the room.

“Appa….this is Song Ji-hyo…Ji-hyo,..my dad…” Jong Kook introduces Ji-hyo and his dad.

“Annyeonghaseyo! It’s nice to meet you, sir” Ji-hyo said whilst bowing at 45 degree, repeating just like she did to Jong Kook’s mother.  

Jong Kook’s dad just answers a simple “Hmm…” and take a seat at the end of the table where a leader of the house usually sit. Ji-hyo feels uneasy with the reaction but pretend cool and smile. Jong Kook, his mother and Ji-hyo take place at the dining table. Just when they are about to eat, Jong Kook’s elder brother Kim Jong Myung arrive and join them.

 

They eat their lunch while asking and chatting with Ji-hyo. Jong Kook’s mother and brother seem friendly but his father had been quiet and just eats his food. Only after few minutes, he starts to question Ji-hyo.

“So, Ji-hyo ah…what happen to the news about your past movie? Has it finally cool down?”

That question actually making everyone silent.

“……Erm….….Yes, it….has finally cool down,” Ji-hyo answer, stutter.

“How did your parents face with the surrounding, with their friends during that time? You know, it has turn out to be such a big issue. If I were them, I wouldn’t know how to face it.”

“Appa……please…..” Jong Kook try to control his anger.

Ji-hyo couldn’t answer anything, since she’s shocked with the question.

“What? I just wanna know how they handle it. Coz I may need to learn and face the same thing later on if….you know…..”

“They were being very supportive to their own daughter. Coz they know, it was a mistake that had been made during her young age. To them, family comes first. So they will stand by Ji-hyo no matter what the situation is,” Jong Kook answers for Ji-hyo.

His mother tries to calm the situation by interrupting. “Owh….Ji-hyo ah….That’s a very nice ring you have….”

“N-neh?”

Jong Kook then hold Ji-hyo’s hand with the ring and make an announcement.

“Ehem….I have an announcement to make…I have actually propose to Song Ji-hyo…..” Jong Kook looking at Ji-hyo before continues, “…..and she accepted my proposal…..and this is our promise ring….”

“Omo!! Jinja??” Jong Kook’s mother sounds excited.

“N-neh! I don’t think anyone could say no to someone as good as Kim Jong Kook,” Ji-hyo said while looking at Jong Kook. Jong Kook then kisses the ring on her finger.

“Excuse me….I just lost my appetite….” Jong Kook’s father said and leaves the dining room.

His mom then walks to Ji-hyo and kiss her head.

“Aigooo….I’m so happy for both of you…Ji-hyo ah, don’t worry about his dad. He’s always in bad mood when he comes home from work. Let him be.”

“Owh….okay….”

“Yah!! You, Kim Jong Kook….how can you propose to her without telling me anything first hah?”

“Owh…Umma, it was a long story….I will tell you when I come back later, k…hehe..”

“Yah Jong Kook ah…you finally did it. I never thought you’ll have the guts to propose to anyone. Ji-hyo ah, you’re lucky. I will tell you all his naughty dirty secrets when we meet again ah…heheh….”

“Aihh, hyung. How can you do this to me?”

“Hahaha…It’s how brother in law gets closer to his sister in law.”

“Owh…Jong Myung oppa, don’t worry. We’ll set time to meet secretly ah,” Ji-hyo purposely making Jong Kook jealous.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo! If you dare to…..”

“Hahaha….Ji-hyo ah, it’s really nice to have you here. This house finally has laughter,” Jong Kook’s mother said.

They continue to eat and had a great laughs without Jong Kook’s father.

 

When Ji-hyo and Jong Kook’s mom are cleaning the dishes, Jong Kook use this time to meet his father in his room.

“What do you want?” His father asks, seriously.

“Appa, do you have to act that way in front of Ji-hyo?”

“What? Are you trying to teach me now how I should act in front of your girlfriend?”

“She is now my fiancé, and later on will be my wife.”

“Which I doubt gonna happen….”

“Appa….Don’t you wanna see me happy? Don’t you see how happy I am when I’m with her? Isn’t children’s happiness is the most important to all parents?”

“To me, when you are being stubborn, and disobey what I said, nothing else matter. It shows that she’s more important than me, your own father.”

“Appa, please…I have never lost respect towards you. I know everything you taught me, when you’re being strict with me, it’s all for my own good. I never argue with that. All I’m asking now is for your bless…to the only decision that will make me happy forever…”

His father didn’t say a word.

“Appa…” Jong Kook begging his dad with his sad voice.

“…………..I have nothing to say….Please leave……”

The words break Jong Kook’s heart. He bow lightly to his dad while saying, “Mianhae, appa. I love you. You’re the only father I have. Mianhae….” Then he leaves the room.

Jong Kook tries to erase all his sadness when he walks into the living room to find the others. After staying for few minutes, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo leaves the house.

 

 

JI-HYO's DRESS WHILE MEETING HER FUTURE IN LAWS