Chapter 37

Beautiful Secret

“Ji-eun ah……”

“Owh, unnie….you haven’t slept yet?”

“I can’t sleep, thinking what could possibly happen to my sister out there, with someone who’s not right.”

“Owh?? What do you mean?”

Ji-eun takes place on the sofa next to her sister.

“Ji-eun ah…I know you are with Kim Jong Kook today…is there something going on between you two?”

Ji-eun did not answer, but looking down to the floor.

“Ji-eun ah…don’t get me wrong..I’m more than happy if you choose to be with someone you love, especially who can make you happy…but, I’m afraid that Jong Kook oppa may not feel the same towards you…I’m afraid he’s just using you to gets to me..”

“Unnie, what makes you say that?”

“Because, I know him…it’s impossible for him to easily change his feeling from one girl to another, especially after what happened between us…”

“Yeah, that’s right. He’s torn apart because of you, because of your selfish decision….and now I’m collecting all the pieces to make him happy again….”

“……………I told you…I had to make that decision……..for his own benefit…”

“If that so, then stop interfering with his life……………and mine!!”

“Ji-eun ah! I’m telling you this because I’m your sister. I wanna protect you from getting hurt!”

“Really? And not because of jealousy? Tell me, unnie. Why do you think that he’s using me? Why do you think that he won’t fall in love with me for real?”

“Ji-eun ah, if he’s seriously in love with you, he won’t be kissing me today and confess that he still has feelings at me!”

“He did what?” Ji-eun pretend she’s shock.

“I’m sorry to let you know about this. But that’s the truth. He kissed me during our shoots today.”

Ji-eun just stay quiet.

“………….Did you kiss him back??................”

Ji-hyo is surprise with Ji-eun’s question.

“Unnie………..did you kiss him back??”

“I…..I……I was confused….at that time……”

“So you did kiss him back? Huh…you also still have feelings towards him…” Ji-eun speaks in frustration.

“Ji-eun, it’s not what you think…I said I was confused at that moment…”

“Huh! You wanna know what I think? I think you still love him, but you don’t wanna be with him, nor you wanna see him with other girls. You just want him to be alone, so that you can still love him from far away.”

“Ji-eun!!!”

“I can let him go if you want him back, unnie. But stop being selfish and only think about yourself!”

“I do not want him back!!!” Ji-hyo burst into cries. “………….I cannot have him back!!!.............” Ji-hyo continues to cry.

Their conversation was interrupted by their mother.

“What are you girls doing being noisy at this hour?”

Both Ji-eun and Ji-hyo did not answer.

“Seong-im ah, why are you crying? Hah Ji-eun? What are you fighting about???”

Ji-eun grabs her handbag and ready to get into her room but before that, she said something to Ji-hyo.

“You said it yourself……you don’t want him, and you can’t have him….then stop looking back and move on with your new happy life, if that’s what you want!”

“Ji-eun ah…you don’t understand….” Ji-hyo said in her cries.

“Don’t worry about me….coz all I know, is I love him…and I’ll stand by him…If one day I’m getting hurt, then it’s me who’s losing. Just stop standing between us anymore….”

Ji-eun gets into her room.

“Seong-im ah…what was that all about? Are you girls fighting over a guy?”

“Umma………” Ji-hyo run to her mom and hug her, letting all her tears out. “It hurt, umma! It hurt so bad…..”

“Ssyhh…….calm down……….tell me about it….”

Inside the room, Ji-eun keeps on listening thru the door.

“Mianhae, unnie! I’m sorry…but you are so stubborn….I have to do everything to make you realize it…..” Ji-eun talks to herself.

Ji-eun reports everything to Jong Kook that night, making Jong Kook feels glad that Ji-hyo still loves him, though she keeps on denying.

(Babe, I’m counting days till we get back together again….please…stop hurting ‘us’…let’s be happy again, babe….I love you, I miss you….)

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A month had passed by. Ji-eun still playing her role as Jong Kook’s girlfriend while Ji-hyo keeps on hurting inside. When she can’t hold the pain anymore, she spend most times at clubs and bars and getting drunk. Her manager, Baek Chang Joo is always watching from far to make sure nothing bad happened to her.

It was until he realized that he can no longer handle Ji-hyo’s bad habit that he decided to call Jong Kook for the rescue. When Jong Kook heard about it, he came as fast as possible.

“Where is she, hyung?” Jong Kook ask when he meet Chang Joo outside the club.

“She’s inside. She didn’t want to stop drinking, and she’s angry with me.”

“What happen to this girl….” Jong Kook said, about to enter the club.

“Err….Jong Kook ah…we didn’t really have good relation the last time we met. I’d like us to clear all the grudge and I apologize for everything….”

“No, hyung…I’m the one who’s suppose to say sorry…I hit you last time without hearing your explanation.”

“A-ni! I admit I do have strong feelings towards her and I try to get her when she broke up with you. But I finally realize, you are the only one who can make her happy. She’s no longer smile when you two were separated, and it hurts to see her cry all the time. Thank God it doesn’t affect her work, but still…”

“Hyung, it doesn’t matter anymore…she didn’t want me now…so there’s no way we’re getting together…but I’m glad she’s being surrounded by those who care and love her…”

“No, Jong Kook! She needs you. She is just too afraid that she’ll be a burden to you. She’s afraid your fans will be angry with you…believe me….She can’t live without you..”

“Well, then we’ll see what happen in the future....Let’s go in, before she thrashes the place.”

 

When Jong Kook enters the club, Ji-hyo is already drunk and dancing while being surrounded by few mans. Jong Kook feels angry and drags Ji-hyo out of the club.

“Let me go!!!”

“Let’s go home!!”

“I can go back by myself! Just leave me alone!!”

Jong Kook ignores Ji-hyo’s instruction and carries her to his car.

“Hyung, open the door for me.”

After placing Ji-hyo in his car, Jong Kook tells Chang Joo, “Hyung, I’ll bring her to my house. I don’t wanna leave her in her house alone, and I don’t wanna send her to her family in this condition. I’ll send her back tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay! Thanks, Jong Kook ah. Update me if anything.”

Jong Kook drives off.

 

When they arrived at his home, Jong Kook brings her to his room.

“Will she be okay?” Gap Jin asks.

“I hope so.”

 

After getting towels and water, Jong Kook sit next to Ji-hyo and wipes her face although she tries to push him. Then he makes her drink lots of water coz that’s the best cure for drunkenness since alcohol makes you dehydrated.

When Ji-hyo already calms down and not fighting anymore, Jong Kook keep on wiping her face with wet towels, till she finally sleep. Jong Kook looks at her in sadness, and talking to himself.

“What happened to my Ace, babe?....Where did we go wrong???” Jong Kook said while caresses her face.

When Jong Kook stands to leave, Ji-hyo suddenly holds his hand.

“Don’t leave….Oppa, don’t leave me anymore….”

Jong Kook sit back next to Ji-hyo, still unsure if Ji-hyo is dreaming, or awake.

“Ji-hyo ah….”

“Oppa,….please hold me…..”

Still unsure with Ji-hyo’s condition, but Jong Kook lie down next to her and hugs her from behind, kissing her hair and her neck.  

“I miss you, babe…stop torturing yourself….” Jong Kook said softly.

Between sober and not, Ji-hyo tighten Jong Kook’s embrace.

“Oppa…..please don’t leave me anymore…..I can’t watch you being with someone else….please oppa….”

“………………Then come back to me……..” Jong Kook whisper softly. “I miss you so much, babe…I can’t help it anymore….please….”

Jong Kook starts to kiss Ji-hyo’s hair, ears, and cheeks before his kisses lands on Ji-hyo’s neck.

“…………Oppa…………..”

Jong Kook started to nibble and play with Ji-hyo’s neck, biting and marking all around it. It’s been a long time since he leaves love bites at Ji-hyo’s.

“…….Opp….ppaaa……I’m….dirty…..”

“Ji-hyo ah……stop saying that…...I accept you just as you are…..”

“No!! Stop…..you deserve someone else…..” Ji-hyo starts to push Jong Kook away.

“Ji-hyo ah….”

“Please, oppa…..stop….” Ji-hyo begged in cries.

Jong Kook couldn’t bear with her tears and let her go. He stands up and look at Ji-hyo who’s already cringing on the bed.

“I don’t know what’s got into you. But you better made up your mind. One second you want me and another second you kick me. Stop confusing yourself,...and me…..”

“…………………………..I’m sorry……………………….I’m so sorry……………” Ji-hyo apologizes while crying.

Jong Kook get fed up and decided to leave. But before he walks out, he looks back to Ji-hyo. “The only person you should ask for forgiveness is yourself. Coz you got everything mixed up inside you. You’re torturing yourself, punishing yourself for no reason. Pity yourself before thinking about others….goshh!!!”

Jong Kook walks out and slams the door, leaving Ji-hyo alone in his room.

 

Jong Kook calls Ji-eun to let her know about Ji-hyo.

“Ji-eun ah…come and pick up your sister tomorrow morning at my house. She’s drunk…”

“Omo!! Where did you find her?”

“At a club…..”

“Owh….Oppa….are you okay? You sounds…..intense….”

“I’m fine….I’m just, tired with your sister’s game.”

“Mwuh?”

“One time she act like she wants me,……..and seconds later she pushes me away….”

“Owh….she’s drunk, oppa…what do you expect?”

“She’s even playing games when she’s not drunk. Did she really want me to leave her for good? Do I need to kill myself so that she can make sure her true feelings?”

“Omo! Oppa, please…..don’t think like that….please bear with her…just a little while….please..”

“I’m just…..I’m starting to get tired with all this, Ji-eun…….I’m really tired…..” Jong Kook can’t hold his frustration anymore.

“I know….but please try to be patient a little bit longer, oppa. She’s just confused with herself.”

“I’ll try……but I can’t promise anything…I do have limits as well…”

“I know….I understand…we’ll plan something extreme after this okay?”

“We’ll see….So please come and fetch her tomorrow yach?”

“N-neh! Thank you oppa, for taking care of her…..and for loving her……”

 

The next morning, Ji-eun came to fetch her sister but she’s not awake yet. Jong Kook let her in and prepare breakfast for her.

“Ji-eun ah..I have to go to the recording studio…I’ve prepared everything at the dining table. Please make sure your sister eat something before she leaves, especially the bread, coz that will absorb all the alcohol in her body and make her sober faster. Also ask her to drink lots of water. If she refuses, force her.”

“Yes, doctor! Hehe…”

“Chih! You also eat something for yourself. Breakfast is important of all meal.”

“Arasso, appa!!”

“Ahahaha…pabo! Oh, Gap Jin is on the way back. Just make sure you don’t leave before he arrived. And no making love in the house……hahahah……” Jong Kook teases Ji-eun, imagining Ji-eun making love with Gap Jin.

“Yahhh!!!” Ji-eun burst in anger, but Jong Kook just left.

 

When Ji-hyo wakes up, she’s surprise to find herself at Jong Kook’s house. She tries to remember how did she end up over there but she’s having a bad headache.

“Arghhh!!” Ji-hyo screams while holding her head.

Ji-eun enters the room, making Ji-hyo more surprise.

“Owh, you’re awake. I brought your new clothes here. Get a shower and let’s have breakfast before we leave,” Ji-eun speak in serious voice.

After changing her clothes, Ji-hyo joins her sister at the dining table. She has many questions in her head, but because she’s still having a headache, she just keeps it to herself. She looks around to find Jong Kook but he’s nowhere to be seen.

“If you’re looking for my boyfriend, he already left.”

Ji-hyo can’t believe what she hears.

“What? So you’re both officially together now?” Ji-hyo wants to get a confirmation.

“Sort of….”

That simple answer had actually torn Ji-hyo apart.

“Ji-eun ah….”

“If you’re trying to say bad things about him, you better keep quiet. I’m afraid I’ll lose my appetite.”

They finished their breakfast in silence and left after Gap Jin arrived.

 

Jong Kook went to the recording studio, not to record his own album. But because he had create a song and he wants his colleague Jung Jae Hyung to sing it coz he feels Jung Jae Hyung is the right person to deliver it with soul and passion, and understand his feelings towards the song. He’s not really a producer, but because of what happened between him and Ji-hyo, he seems to have many ideas to write songs.

After recording, they both went for a live program which is ‘Yu Huiyeol Sketchbook’. Jong Kook was invited to discuss of his latest progress and same goes for Jung Jae Hyung since he just came back from Paris after few years staying there. Jong Kook takes this opportunity to promote his new song that Jung Jae Hyung had just recorded.

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi…thank you for coming to our show. We’ve been waiting for so long for your appearance but I was inform that you hardly have a free schedule. I’m glad that you can finally make it especially on our 4th Anniversary Special,” You Hee-yeol, the MC of the show greeted.

“N-neh! I would like to apologize for not being able to come before this. I hope that everyone is happy with my appearance today.”

“Yeah, of course! When you walk in just now, everyone is screaming like crazy. Owh, and Jung Jae Hyung-ssi, thank you also for coming. It must be my lucky day to finally be able to have two important and busy guests coming in one show. Thank you very much.”

“N-neh! I feel I should thank you more coz I’m not as famous as Kim Jong Kook-ssi but you still wanna invite me as a guest,” Jung Jae Hyung being humble.

“Aih…don’t underestimate yourself. Anyway, I’ll start with Kim Jong Kook-ssi first. Err,…tell me about your progress now. I mean, beside Running Man, will you come out with new album?”

“Erm…I am compiling songs for my new album. But I can say it’s still too early to predict when it will be release. The progress is not even fifty percent yet. However, my friend Jung Jae Hyung here had just recorded a single that I created this morning.”

“Owh, really? Is there any possibility that we can be the first one to hear the song, before it is being released?”

“Erm…I don’t know…what do you think, hyung?”

“Well, it’s your song. You’re the boss,” Jung Jae Hyung answered.

“Okay then. Because today is a special episode, I present this song as a gift to everyone.”

Jung Jae Hyung then walks to the piano to start performing while Jong Kook and Yoo Hee-yeol sit at the center stage.

 

you need to listen to this to get the real feelings as I imagine

"> 

RESIGNATION – JUNG JAE HYUNG

If you were so free after you left me

If it was so easy to forget me

What are you doing by my side now?

If you left me, you should be happy

You should have met someone better

You should have lived a nice life

 

c/o: Come back

We only live once

Even if it was a bit lacking

We were happy together

It’s harder to forget

Just give in and come to me

Where will you find love like this again?

Are you going to start over?

 

If you still don’t trust me

If you want me to forget you

Don’t ever come to me again….

 

When Jae Hyung sings, Jong Kook’s expressions suddenly change. From smiling, it’s fading little by little. And when it comes to chorus, Jong Kook couldn’t hold his tears anymore. He turn around with viewers behind his back to control his sadness but fail. The MC hand him a tissue to wipe his tears.

After Jae Hyung finish performing the song, the MC starts to interview Jong Kook.

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, are you okay now?”

“N-neh! I’m sorry….”

“It’s okay….well, it seems that the song really meant something to you.”

“N-neh! It’s related to me. When I got the idea, I quickly call Jung Jae Hyung-ssi and discuss about it and we record it in a short time.”

“Ehem….if I may ask you…Are you dedicating this song to anyone? Coz the lyrics look like you’re begging someone to come back to you.”

“Ahah…I will not mention any name…But she should know it…and think about it thoroughly…”

"I think, many of us had known about your love story as well as your breakup story. How are you holding up?"

"Huh..I'm not really holding up coz most of the time I'm totally down...It hurt, I won't lie....but I don't blame her.....coz she made the decision for the sake of my fans. Coz it seems like my fans didn't approve our relationship, therefore she choose to back off. It's unfair, but....she has made up her mind..."

"Erm...no wonder you're so sad. I can imagine you're writing this songs while you're deeply hurt. You must be missing her so much while writing this."

"N-neh! I miss her.....and I love her........so much...." Jong Kook said with tears still not dry.

“I understand your feelings now...............…Well, it’s time for commercial break, and I believe Kim Jong Kook-ssi need to do some touch up. We’ll continue after this with our guests so don’t go away. Stay tuned!”