Chapter 25

Beautiful Secret

When Jong Kook’s mobile ringing, Jong Kook still didn’t move to answer it. Ji-hyo who suddenly wake up try to reach the phone but only to find out that Jong Kook has grip her waist tightly, making her fail to move.

“Jagiya…answer your call…”

“Let them be…let’s continue to sleep……” Jong Kook answer with his eyes closed.

“Jagiya, it could be something important….”

“If it’s important, they’ll know how to reach me…They will sms me many times…”

“It could be Moon Geun Young you know..”

“What??” Jong Kook hurriedly find his mobile and answer it, making Ji-hyo looking in awe.

“Yeoboseyo!”

“Yeoboseyo! Jong Kook ah, sorry to disturb you early morning.”

“Oh, PD Jay…it’s okay. What’s up? Don’t tell me we have a surprise shooting now??”

“A-ni! Just want to tell you some good news, well at least for me its good news. We’ve just get the ratings and feedback about you and Ji-hyo. It seems that the ratings had not been affected that much since we showed the connection between you two and you even have your own fans now. They give name Spartace to you two, and you will not believe how rapidly your fans increased time by time.”

“Really?? Wow…this is…amazing..”

“It is right? Anyway, I guess it’s time for you and Ji-hyo to make a public announcement about you two. I suggest that Gary be there as well to make the Monday Couple fans understand the real situation. Monday Couple is actually something that we created in the program and fans suddenly get into it, while Spartace appear because of the love between you two. We’ll be there as well if you need any help to clear things out.”

“Wow….this is quicker than I thought. Thanks, PD Jay. I will discuss with Ji-hyo and our managers and we’ll let you know the conclusion. Thank you so much for your understanding.”

“Hey…As much as we want to make money, we’re also human, and have feelings. You take care; I’ll be waiting for your call.”

“Yes, sir!”

After Jong Kook hang up, his mind suddenly wander somewhere else.

“So, what did PD Jay wants this early morning?”

“What?”

“I said, what did he want?”

“Owh…he said, many viewers like me pairing with Moon Geun Young, and the ratings is quite high.” Jong Kook smile in flirtiest while testing her girlfriend.

“Fine!!” Ji-hyo quickly rush to get out of bed but Jong Kook quickly pinned her on the bed with Jong Kook on top of her.

“Get away!!”

“No! Not until I kiss you…”

“Oppa, you are heavyyyyy!!!”

“But you like it didn’t you??”

“Pabo!! Only silly girls will like heavy things on top of her!!” Ji-hyo still trying to release herself. Jong Kook is already laughing.

“Love, you better treat me good. The power is in my hand. You know I could do more than kissing you right now….” Jong Kook jokingly threatens his girlfriend.

“What do you plan to do?? Yah Kim Jong Kook!! If you dare being wacky, I’ll cut your ‘thing’ and feed the street dogs with it!”

“Ahahah….you are mean, do you know that? Just stop fighting, will you?”

“No! Get off of me!!”

“Love, did you know that you’re making me hornier when you’re like this?” Jong Kook teases her girlfriend again.

“What is wrong with you?? Oppa, you’re scaring me!! Umma! Appa! Save me from this bigfoot!!”

“Ahahahahah….okay, quiet! I’ll let you go…”

Ji-hyo shut and Jong Kook releases her. But when Ji-hyo tries to get off of the bed, Jong Kook once again pulls her till she lay down on her side and Jong Kook back hug her tightly.

“Oppa!!”

“Syyhh…hear me out….” Jong Kook whisper to Ji-hyo. “PD Jay has approved us to announce our relationship to public. Which means, we don’t need to hide anymore after this. We don’t need to keep it secret anymore.”

“Jinja?”

“Yes…so, are you excited??” Jong Kook ask while kissing Ji-hyo’s hair, neck and cheek.

“I am excited…but I’m also nervous….”

Jong Kook stop whatever he’s doing and turn his girlfriend till she lay down and face directly to him.

“Hey….are you sure this is what you want? We can always keep it between us, you know.”

“I…..I want everyone to know…how much I love you…”

With a smile, Jong Kook kisses Ji-hyo’s lips. “I’m proud, happy to have you in my life, love. But, I need to warn you, this is not going to be easy…coz not everyone can and will accept us…There’ll be a lot of critics, questions, opinions…There’ll be a lot of haters as well…You have to promise me, that you’ll be strong to face it.” Jong Kook brushes and plays with Ji-hyo’s hair.

“I will be strong…for as long, you’re with me, oppa….”

“Of course, love. I’ll be with you all the way…I love you so much..”

They kiss and cuddle for few minutes before Ji-hyo ask Jong Kook to take a bath.

 

After shower, they both sit and discuss about what need to be done for their press conference.

“Oppa, do we really need to do a press conference? Can’t we just hang out and let them conclude themselves?”

“It’s a proper way to do a press conference and announce it. So you only deal with it once and for all. Why, love?”

“I just don’t like to deal with press conference, especially if it’s not related to my film or my new project. They will attack you like hungry fish.”

“Hahaha…that’s their job..Let them be….Okay, I will try to answer it for you okay..But just cooperate with them, it won’t harm you.”

“N-neh!” Ji-hyo pout.

“You already finished all your shootings right, yeobo? Meaning we can make the PC anytime during this break?”

“Yeah….” Ji-hyo answered unenergetically.

Seeing Ji-hyo’s mood changed, Jong Kook try to attract her attention.

“Hurmm…why not we do it on 15th August?”

“15th August? Up to you……oh wait!! 15th August? You know what day is that??” Ji-hyo suddenly look excited.

“I haven’t checked the calendar yet. What day is that?” Jong Kook said while not looking at Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, 15th August….Doesn’t that remind you of anything?”

“No! Any special occasion? We’re not getting married on that date right?”

“Oppa!! You really didn’t know anything about it?”

“Just tell me so I won’t guess rubbishly…” Jong Kook still focused on his writing.

“Oppa!!”

“Yes yeobo!”

“I’m serious…look at me..”

“I’m serious too….” Jong Kook look at Ji-hyo. “Yes, love?”

“You really don’t know what 15th August mean to me?”

“No…..”

Ji-hyo’s expression certainly change, feeling upset with her boyfriend. But Jong Kook suddenly continue. “Owh…but 15th August is the day my naughty pumpkin was born..Did you know her, Mong Ji? She’s very special to me. I love her too much that I feel like I wanna squeeze her..Sometimes she’s fierce like a lioness. But I still love her, you know…”

Ji-hyo couldn’t stop smiling now. “Jagiya!!!” Ji-hyo hit Jong Kook’s shoulder softly.

“Now you’re smiling. You really think I wouldn’t know when your special day is?”

“I thought…well, you’re not the kind that take note of tiny little things. And you also have become such a good actor. How would I know…”

Jong Kook interferes. “I will take note of everything about you, love. The only thing that I wouldn’t know is probably what color you’re wearing inside your shirt now. But I can still find out if I call your sister, right? Hehehe….”

“Yahhh!! I will kill both of you!!”

“Hahahah…I love you, Song Ji-hyo.” Jong Kook try kissing Ji-hyo’s lips.

And Ji-hyo kiss him back. “I love you too. Jagiya, since it’s going to be my birthday, so I can ask for my present right?”

Jong Kook get back to his writing, pretend he doesn’t hear Ji-hyo.

“Yahh!! You’re one stingy tiger, you know that?”

“Ahahaha…you already have me, why need a birthday present? I will be your present every day, every time.”

“You as my present??? Urghhh….”

“Okay…We’ll discuss about this later on, okay? Right now, let’s discuss about the PC. Can we do it on 15th August?”

“It’s fine with me. Who else will be there?”

“I think, we need to get Gary & PD Jay with us. Jae-suk hyung and Dong Hoon if possible. What do you think?”

“Oppa, can I leave it to you? I really couldn’t think of anything when thinking about the PC. I’m so nervous.”

“Hurm…okay…Then I’ll discuss with your manager and Gap Jin about this. Don’t worry, love. I’ll be with you.”

“I know. I’m going to be fine. But I just don’t want to think of the details and so on.”

“Okay. Just sit back and think of what you want to request for your birthday present, okay?”

“Jinja?? I love you, oppa!!” Ji-hyo kisses Jong Kook on his cheek and hugs him tightly. Just like a little girl get a lollipop from her dad.

“Talking about present and you suddenly jumping! You are really cheeky, you know that?”

“Hahaha…suits you, jagiya..Owh, I forgot to show you something.”

Ji-hyo runs to her room and come back with a manuscript.

“What is this?” Jong Kook ask his girlfriend.

“This is my new drama that I’m going to shoot.”

“Heaven’s Order (The Fugitive of Joseon)?”

“N-neh! I’m excited to start shooting already.”

“How many episodes are there? Don’t be like when you’re shooting Gyebaek. I don’t want you to overwork anymore.”

“N-neh, oppa! It’s only for 24 episodes. It won’t take longer time to finish it.” Ji-hyo answered happily.

“Why are you suddenly getting excited when talking about this?”

“Because…I will be acting with Lee Dong Wook…ahhh, he’s very handsome…”

Jong Kook drop the manuscript and frown looking at Ji-hyo.

“Handsome??”

“He is handsome, jagiya. Don’t deny it. But don’t worry. I’m still in love with you. That’s for sure. So you don’t need to feel insecure or jealous okay?”

“I’m not feeling insecure. But, will there be any kissing scene or intimate scene?”

“That…I haven’t check..I’ve just read a few synopsis…but I’m sure it’s nothing intimate.”

Jong Kook go thru every page of the manuscript to find if there’s any unwanted scene. He couldn’t imagine seeing his girlfriend being intimate with one of the good looking and famous actor.

“Oppa….”

Jong Kook still ignore Ji-hyo and focus on the script.

“Jagiya, I promise if there’s anything like that, I will reject it…”

Jong Kook suddenly put down the script and hold Ji-hyo’s hand.

“I’m sorry, yeobo…I shouldn’t let my emotions take control…This is your opportunity to work with a very good actor. You should do it……And I will support you…”

“Jagiya…..”

“I trust you…and I trust our love…You will know what you should and shouldn’t do right? Go ahead. I’ll be patient to watch it.”

“Owhh…jagiya…thank you….” Ji-hyo hugs Jong Kook from aside.

 

After leaving Ji-hyo’s house, Jong Kook went to meet Haha and Jae-suk.

“Yahh…you are smiling even from outside. Any good news?” Jae-suk approaches Jong Kook when he walks into the restaurant.

“Hahah…you always notice everything, hyung. Anyway, I want to tell you both, that me and Ji-hyo, will be having a press conference to announce our relationship to public.”

“Omo! You sure?” Jae-suk ask.

“Yes! This is what Ji-hyo wants, so this is also what she’ll get.”

“Owh, hyung…but did she know the consequences of this? I mean….” Haha express his worry.

“She knows. We’ve talked about this, and she still wanna do it. She doesn’t want to hide anymore. She wants us to be able to go dating freely.”

“Owh, good for you then.”

“But we may need to ask both of you to be there as well. At least for our support. Ji-hyo seems pretty nervous about this.”

“Of course, hyung. I’ll be there.”

“Yes, I’ll be there too. But when do you plan to do it?”

“We plan to have it on 15th August.”

“Owh…that’s about five days from now.”

“Yess….and it’s also Ji-hyo’s birthday.”

“Hyung, don’t you think it’s a bit risky to have it on her birthday? I mean, she should be happy on her birthday. But what if the PC doesn’t go well as expected?”

“I’ve think about it. And I’ll prepare her birthday present after that as well.”

“What do you have in mind, hyung?”

“I was thinking to bring her on vacation after the PC….and I would like both of you to join…if possible..You can bring your partners too.”

“Holidayyy??? Hermmm….I like….” Haha start his crazy act, trying to persuade Jae-suk. “Jae-suk hyung, come on…bring your Mrs for another honeymoon. Hehe….”

“Aishh….I’d love to..but I don’t think I can make it. It’s hard with kids and so on…I’m gonna have to pass on this one. You guys go ahead. Dong Hoon ah, bring Byul to release all the stress..Maybe she’ll be happy a little bit after the holiday.”

“N-neh, hyung. That’s what I’ve been thinking. She’s too much intense nowadays.”

“Okay...but this will be a secret to Ji-hyo yach. At least until I settle all the bookings and got the flight tickets.”

“Hyung, where are we going actually? I don’t wanna go to Papua New Guinea..haha..”

“Aih Dong Hoon ah..We won’t have enough time to reach there. I was thinking maybe somewhere in Australia..or Mauritius…or Maldives..At least somewhere we were not recognizable….”

“Maldives?? Jae-suk hyung, Maldives…yummeh…there’ll be a lot of bikini babes…maybe I shouldn’t bring Byul…hehehe…”

“Yahh!! Stop flirting around…you’re about to become a husband..” Jae-suk hit Haha’s head.

“Hyung, I need to have fun before being like you….”

“Hahahah…I’ll confirm again with you, Dong Hoon ah…” Jong Kook interferes.

“Ya Kim Jong Kook. I never thought you could be this in love with Ji-hyo. You’re willing to do anything to make her happy.”

“N-neh, hyung. It feels different when I’m with her. Every little thing she did makes me happy.”

“Good for you. I hope it will end up with wedding bells.”

“Pray for us, hyung. I really hope so.”