Chapter 21

Beautiful Secret

Jong Kook had just received a phone call from Yoo Jae-suk asking him and Ji-hyo to have dinner with both himself and Haha. Although Jong Kook feels lazy to meet anyone, but since Jae-suk insists, he agreed.

After fetching up Ji-hyo, they both proceed to the restaurant where Jae-suk had been waiting. Jong Kook wearing all black while Ji-hyo came with her swollen eyes.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo greeted Jae-suk and Haha.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! What happened to these two love birds ah?” Jae-suk started.

Jong Kook smile sourly to Jae-suk while taking a seat in front of Jae-suk while Ji-hyosit next to him.

“How are you, hyung?” Jong Kook asked.

“I’m fine…you’re the one I’m worried about. Jong Kook ah, why are you wearing all black like you’re attending a funeral? And you MongJi, why with all the swollen eyes? It looks like you’re being beaten by a husband,” Jae-suk joking around.

All were finally laughing.

“Hyung, you know I always wear black. How can you say I’m attending a funeral?” Jong Kook starts questioning Jae-suk.

“Hahaha…at least I get to make everyone smiling now.”

“Ji-hyo ah, how are you?” Haha asks Ji-hyo.

“I’m…..good..” Ji-hyo answered softly.

“Waaa…it’s the first time I saw you very lady like, soft spoken Miss Mong…hehehe…” Jae-suk start to tease.

“Well, I am a lady isn’t it!!!” Ji-hyo react to Jae-suk like she’s totally angry and everyone starts laughing including her.

“Ahhhh….at least the mood is slightly cheerful…”

“Hyung, I know you’re trying to entertain us…komawo…” Jong Kook thanked Jae-suk for his effort.

“Don’t say that. We’re all one big family. If any of you have problems, of course I can’t sit still.”

Jong Kook bow lightly to Jae-suk, a show of thankful and respect.

“Dong Hoon ah, how’s Gary doing?”

“Owh….let’s forget about this for now, hyung…don’t tense yourself with what happened today.”

“Yes! Let’s eat, I’m starving.” Ji-hyo suddenly added.

“Omo! You with your golf ball eyes, still think about food??” Jae-suk still teasing Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, my stomach still need to be feed especially when I cried the whole day today.” Ji-hyo pouted.

“Ahahaha…yeah!! That’s Song Ji-hyo style. Come rain, storm, and typhoon, never forget your tummy…hahahah…but seriously Ji-hyo ah, wear your sunglasses tonight. Your eyes look like it’s gonna explode..hahahah”

And everyone laughs again.

 

They had their dinner and chat about many things, beside Gary. Only after they’ve finished their dinner, Jae-suk starts to talk about Gary.

“Okay! Now let’s talk about Gary. If looking at his condition this morning, I don’t know what’ll happen at the shoot tomorrow,” Jae-suk speaks.

“Why? What happened to him, hyung?”

“He’s drunk….in the morning....It was only vodka, but I think he mixed it with something else…and that’s why not surprisingly he’s talking rubbish...” Haha answered before Jae-suk.

“Really?? Will he make it to the set tomorrow?” Jong Kook asks in worry.

“Of course. His manager will play his part and make sure he comes,” Haha explain.

“Okay! Let the manager do his job then. Now to both of you. Will you manage to face him tomorrow?” Jae-suk asks to Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

“I’ve think about it the whole day. I will act professionally and pretend nothing happened. If he wants to act weirdly, then he’s the one to answer that. But I’m sure he remember what’s in the contract, and know how he should act.”

“Good! That’s my man….Miss Mong, can you not let your emotional take control of your mind? You’re a professional actress; you should act better than your boring boyfriend. Hahaha!”

“Yah. Jae-suk hyung!! At least don’t say it in front of me….”

“Hahahaha…I’m joking…”

“I will do the same as Jong Kook oppa. I think I’m gonna be fine tomorrow.”

“Very good! Then tomorrow should be a fun and happy shooting for all of us….hwaiting!!”

 

They left the restaurant and Jong Kook sends his girlfriend back. Before getting out of the car, they chat for a while inside the car.

Jong Kook hold Ji-hyo’s hand and kiss it. “You okay, love?” Jong Kook Ji-hyo’s cheek softly.

“N-neh! As long I’m with you, I’ll be okay.” Ji-hyo now holding Jong Kook’s hand on her cheek, and look directly to his boyfriend.

“I’m sorry that I caused all this…you shouldn’t get involved.”

“I don’t regret anything, jagiya. It’s a process of learning thru out our life. Yes I’m sad earlier, but that’s it. I’ll wait for the time Gary oppa forgive us patiently.”

“That’s my girl. The strong Cheon Seong-im is back. Hehe!”

“Hahahah…Well, I better go now…thanks for the ride, oppa…”

Ji-hyo turn to open the door but Jong Kook stop her.

“Mwuh?”

“Is that all? You wanna leave just like that?”

“Yeah! What else?” Ji-hyo pretends she didn’t know what Jong Kook meant.

“Really?”

“Yeah!....Owh I get it….Good night, boyfriend. I love you. Drive carefully okay..”

Jong Kook shows an irritating face and let go of Ji-hyo. “Fine! Good night then…you take care…”

Ji-hyo almost opens the door but she suddenly turns and grab Jong Kook’s neck and kiss his lips affectionately.

When she break the kiss, “How can I forget our “sign of love”, jagiya?” Ji-hyo said, breathless.

Jong Kook smile shyly. Ji-hyo then grab Jong Kook’s neck again, but this time she place a hickey on Jong Kook’s mole on his neck. “Here’s your goodnight gift, love,” Ji-hyo said.

Jong Kook feel lots of love from his girlfriend since it’s the first time Ji-hyo make that kind of move. After thanking Ji-hyo, he checks at the rear view mirrors and surprised when Ji-hyo place it quite obviously.

“Yahhh!! Why place it at obvious place? What am I gonna wear tomorrow?”

“Wear the turtle neck shirt then,” Ji-hyo speak with smile as she’s about to get out of the car.

“What if tomorrow they prepare the round neck team shirt for us?”

Ji-hyo smile naughtily at Jong Kook. “Then you deal with it, jagiya. It’s payback time. Remember???”

“Yah!! How can you get revenge of your own boyfriend?” Jong Kook try to grab Ji-hyo but she’s already out of the car, laughing hardly.

“Goodnight, boyfriend. I love you!” Ji-hyo wave cutely to Jong Kook and close the door.

Jong Kook turns down his window and call back Ji-hyo.

“What???” Ji-hyo walks back to Jong Kook’s window like a little girl. “What is it??”

Jong Kook Ji-hyo’s hair and only said, “I love you……you can go now……” which caused Ji-hyo to scream.

“Mwuh?? You ask me to walk back here only for this??”

“Ahahha…I love you…I love you…I love you soooooooo much….Now go in…I’ll call you when I arrive….hehe…”

“Arghhhhh!! You really pissed me off, Kim Jong Kook…Just wait for tomorrow!!” Ji-hyo turn back to her house and Jong Kook drive off with smiles.

 

Today is the shooting for Running Man. All the male casts arrived at the same time and gather together. Jong Kook professionally acts as usual while Gary has been a little bit quiet. Since the theme for the episode is The Princess Race, Ji-hyo has been separated at another place together with another two guests who is Noh Sa-yeon and Shin Se-kyung. The team have been divided which is Kwang Soo and Jae-suk, Suk Jin and Jong Kook, Gary and Haha. These teams need to find the princess to join their team.

After few minutes of searching, Noh Sa-yeon joins Jae-suk and Kwang Soo, Shin Se-kyung joins Haha and Gary while Ji-hyo joins Jong Kook and Suk Jin. Of course both of them were jumping inside but pretend like they don’t like to be in the same team.

“Aihh!! We’re always unlucky coz we need to team up with Ji-hyo in the end,” Jong Kook starts.

“Yeah right! We’ve seen her almost all episodes and now still need to team up with her. We need to change our view,” Suk Jin added.

“You two pabo!!! Do you think I’m delighted to be with you guys? I’ve always hoping for a male guest but it never happened. Huh!!” Ji-hyo reacts to both her team mates. (You wait and see, jagiya!!)

“Yah!! Why are you wearing high heels coming to the set? Do you think this is a runway show?” Jong Kook still wanna tease Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo feels annoy when Jong Kook keep on teasing her. “Well, I need to be beautiful for my future boyfriend who may be watching the show. Besides, I can change the shoes later and I don’t see why is it a problem for you. Anyway, why are you wearing a turtle neck shirt when it’s not yet winter? Is there anything on your neck that you wanna hide?”

Jong Kook knows Ji-hyo is already pissed off with him when she counter-attack him about his shirt but Jong Kook just smiles. “Ahh! I’m not hiding anything. I just feel like wearing this shirt today. No big deal….you’ll get to see my body afterwards.”

“Ahahaha!! Not interested!!”

 

PD gives a briefing about the game and what the episode is all about. After the briefing, all teams change to their team color shirt. Ji-hyo used this time to get revenge of Jong Kook.

“Owh, oppa!! What happened to your neck?? Why is it covered by a plaster?”

Jong Kook is surprised to hear his girlfriend mentioning about his neck, which he tries really hard to cover it. Now that Ji-hyo mentioned it, everyone turn to him and look at his neck. He looks at Ji-hyo with very meaningful eyes.

“My neck? Owh!! Something scratches my neck. But it’s just a small matter. Don’t worry.”

Jae-suk and Haha already look at each other and trying to hide their smiles. Of course they can assume what’s behind the plaster.

“Owh, something scratched you? Is there anything that doesn’t afraid to a tiger like you? Perhaps it’s a cat yach,” Ji-hyo added.

“No! I think it’s a lion…..Owh no! Maybe a lioness….coz it seems like it wanna attract my attention..” Jong Kook smile cutely to his girlfriend. (I know what’s in your mind, love. Don’t make me wanna bite you coz you’re a princess today.)

At this point Haha and Jae-suk already laugh out loud. Ji-hyo and Jong Kook were also laughing leaving Kwang Soo, Suk Jin, Gary and the other two guests in blank. Gary looks to them with a sad face.

“Jae-suk hyung, what’s so funny?” Kwang Soo ask.

“Yeah Dong Hoon, Jae-suk. Why all of you were laughing?” Suk Jin added.

“Haaaahhhh…..nothing that involve you all….I’m sorry, PD. Okay let’s continue the game,” Jae-suk apologize.

“Yahh Yoo Jae-suk! You better spare your energy for us to win today ah,” Noh Sa-yeon warned Jae-suk jokingly.

 

The first game begins. All team need to go to Hong Dae to play The Princess Marble game where they need to carry their princess to the end spot. But throughout the trip, they need to stop to a few stations to complete their tasks and the princess feet cannot touch the ground till the end spot.

Unfortunately for Jae-suk and Kwang Soo coz they need to carry the heavy Noh Sa-yeon all the way. When Jong Kook heard about the game, he already smiles widely knowing that he will carry his girlfriend which he had always waiting for. And while they were waiting for the cue to start their game, Jong Kook suddenly winks to Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo is quite surprise he bravely did that in front of many people.

“Did you just wink to Ji-hyo, Jong Kook ah??” Suk Jin suddenly asks.

“What?? A-ni!! Hyung, you maybe need to add your glass power,” Jong Kook trying to deny. Luckily the conversation stops when they started the game.

Just when Ji-hyo jump behind Jong Kook’s back, Jong Kook is already happy.

“Yah!! She’s very light. It’s like I’m carrying a bag,” Jong Kook shout to Jae-suk.

 

Their first station is the R1 where they need to eat the soy bean paste soup. Since Jae-suk arrive first, Jong Kook’s team need to wait for their turn. While waiting, Jong Kook purposely queue behind Jae-suk, Sa-yeon, Kwang Soo and Suk Jin. Ji-hyo rest her chin on Jong Kook's shoulder, make it look like she wanna kiss him but Ji-hyo use this opportunity to boyfriend, since Gary’s team is not around. It makes her and Jong Kook pretty comfortable at the moment.

Ji-hyo whisper to Jong Kook, “Jagiya, I love you!!”

Jong Kook of course can only smile without saying anything back because he can’t turn to whisper to Ji-hyo since Ji-hyo is on his back. Besides, they were using a microphone which they need to be extra careful.

“Oppa, say something please…..” Ji-hyo pleaded. She know Jong Kook couldn’t do anything but she still wanna . “Love, don’t you miss me? I miss you like crazy already…..”

Looking at Jong Kook’s red face, Ji-hyo laugh by herself.

“Arghhhh!!! Hyung, ppaleun!!” Jong Kook couldn’t stand the teases from Ji-hyo anymore and want to finish the game faster.

 

It’s quite unlucky for their team coz they finished last in the first game. They now proceed to Mang Won Area Swimming Pool of Han River for their next game. It’s a game where they need to across the pool carrying the princess within 30 seconds. It sounds like pretty easy but the pool is too wide and the beam they need to cross is quite shaky. Therefore they really need a perfect balancing to success.

When it’s Ji-hyo and Jong Kook’s turn, unexpectedly Jong Kook is a little bit scared to cross the beam. Ji-hyo try to motivate his boyfriend in the middle of the pool by whispering to her boyfriend. “I love you, love…You can do it! You’re my man…..my hero….my protector…..” And Jong Kook suddenly get motivation from that and try to hurry but they exceed the time. It takes Jong Kook’s team a few round before they can finish the task.

By far, Gary can’t let go his eyes of them both. Although he’s laughing hard during this game, he still has some pain in his heart. Watching Jong Kook and Ji-hyo together, their smiles, their laughs, their touch; they seem really in love with one another. Gary started to accept little by little the fact that they both were meant for each other. But when he’s hurt thinking they both cheated behind him, he can’t forgive them just yet.   

 

After the final game where they need to eliminate The Beast which is another secret guest that is Yoo Jun-sang, finally Jong Kook’s team wins the overall game. Ji-hyo is very happy when Jong Kook kneel to her and present her reward which is a gold ring. Everyone look in awe at both of them.

“Yah! Are you proposing??” Jae-suk tease Jong Kook.

“A-ni!! She’s the princess, so I need to present in protocol….” Jong Kook in denial, although he really wish he can do that.

“Auwwww!! So sweet…….” Noh Sa-yeon interrupt.

“Err…noonim…We will not present it like that to you even if you won. So, don’t put any hope,” Kwang Soo hint to Noh Sa-yeon.

“Yahhh!!” Noh Sa-yeon chase and hit Kwang Soo for his words and everyone end up laughing at those two.

 

After the shoots, Jong Kook tries to talk to Gary, since during the shoots he seems okay.

“Gary ah, good job. Wanna have a drink?”

“………The shooting is over….So did we…..” Gary carry his bag and walk away in a totally different character than during the shooting. Jong Kook just smile though he’s hurt inside.

“I love you, jagiya! Don’t worry…time will heal….” Ji-hyo suddenly whisper to Jong Kook without Jong Kook even realizes when did she stand next to him. But he's glad Ji-hyo said that.