Chapter 22

Beautiful Secret

Time passed without notice. It’s already been about three weeks that Gary did not speak to Ji-hyo and Jong Kook, other than during their shooting. It seems like everyone is already getting used to the situation. Well not exactly everyone, only those who know about the three of them. As for Kwang Soo and Suk Jin, they notice the awkward situation, but they don’t really push everyone to tell. Jong Kook and Ji-hyo just proceed with their life, although every day they tried their best to apologize from Gary.

Life goes on as usual for everyone until they received shocking news when Gary tweet ‘I plan to put a halt to all variety activities in order to concentrate more on the management of LeeSsang Company and its musical performances. I′m very sorry this announcement had to be made so suddenly. I′m sorry.′

And right after that, everyone has been trying to reach Gary but failed. Jong Kook quickly called Yoo Jae-suk asking about it.

“Hyung, did you get the news?”

“Yeah! I’ve been trying to call him but couldn’t get through,” Jae-suk answered.

“Hyung, what is he trying to do? Is this because of what’s happening between us? This is crazy!”

“I really…have no idea of what’s happening…even his manager couldn’t be reach at the moment.”

“You said everything’s gonna be okay, hyung. But it seems that we’re wrong about Gary. He’s totally hurt. And I can’t let time heal him. I need to do something.”

“Jong Kook ah…we don’t even know why Gary is doing this. Stop blaming yourself. Let’s wait until one of us get to speak with him, then we’ll think what should we do. Okay?”

“I don’t know,hyung. But I just can’t sit and wait anymore. I need to see him, before he makes more ridiculous mistakes.”

Jong Kook hang up on Jae-suk.

“What did Jae-suk oppa said?” Ji-hyo questioned.

“He ask to wait until one of us get to speak to Gary. But I can’t wait anymore.”

“Well maybe he’s right. We should wait and be patient. Gary wouldn’t like it either if you keep on forcing him.”

“I can’t deal with this anymore. The longer I put on hold, the further he distances himself. He’s my dongsaeng. I can’t let him destroy whatever he already achieved.”

Jong Kook walks out of the house although Ji-hyo try to stop him.

 

He’s been driving all over the town and has been calling Gary every few minutes but still couldn’t reach him. (Gary ah, this is not right. If you’re doing this because of us, please stop. You’re destroying your career. You’re hurting your fans. Where are you Gary ah?)

When Jong Kook get the text from Haha stating Gary is at one of the club in town getting drunk, Jong Kook hurried himself to the place. Just when he enters the club, he saw Gary still drinking at the bar. At first he just watched him from far, and then he slowly walks to him.

“Gary ah…” Jong Kook approached.

“Chih…why can’t you just….leave me, Kim Jong Kook?” Gary said in drunk.

“Gary, let’s go..Everyone’s worried about you…”

“Hah? Everyone? Who is everyone? And why suddenly worried…..about me?....”

Jong Kook just look at him in silent.

“Ahhh…..I get it….It’s because of what I tweeted right? Ahahah…So everyone….is worried…that….it’s gonna affect….the ratings…hah hah hah….”

“Gary, let’s talk somewhere else. We can settle this, without you doing any drastic action.”

“Really?? Fine!! Let’s settle this now.”

“What do you want me to do, in order for you to forgive me?”

“………..Let go of Ji-hyo……………”

“What??”

“………Let me be with Ji-hyo…I want her,…..I need her, more than you…”

Jong Kook feels like hitting Gary on his face but he try his best to calm down. The way Gary ask for Ji-hyo is kind of insulting, and Jong Kook couldn’t accept it.

“Ji-hyo…..is not a thing…that I can pass around…or to you,…just to please you, Gary….”

“I know this is gonna be your answer. This is just….you, Kim Jong Kook…still the hypocrites…first you said you’re willing to do anything….but I ask simple thing….and you come out with all your reasons…hahaha……I knew it…….”

“Gary, if you love Ji-hyo so much….you wouldn’t disrespect her the way you say it….”

“Ahhhh!!! You….are….full….of craps…..you’re just….bull!!” Gary pointed to Jong Kook’s chest. Then he walks out of the club, trying to walk straight on the street. Jong Kook still follows from behind. Once in a while Jong Kook will try to hold him, helping him to stand straight, but then being pushed away by Gary.

When Gary getting too pissed off with Jong Kook for trying to help him walk, he suddenly shouted to Jong Kook, “Get the hell out of my sight!!!”.

 

Then Gary simply walk in the middle of the road without realizing a car coming to him. Jong Kook who noticed it rush to push Gary aside while himself getting hit by the car. Being surprised, Gary suddenly run with his heavy head to Jong Kook who’s lying on the road.

“Hyung! Hyung!! Wake up! Please wake up!!!” Gary shake Jong Kook’s body trying to wake him up. Jong Kook slowly open his eyes.

“Gary…..don’t tell Ji-hyo about this…..” And Kim Jong Kook fainted.

 

With the help from others, Gary brought Jong Kook to the hospital. While he’s in the emergency room, Gary feels blank. He didn’t know what to do, who to call. After few minutes being quiet, he calls Yoo Jae-suk.

“Hyung!”

“Owh, Gary ah…where have you been? We’ve been looking for you….”

“Hyung….Jong Kook hyung…..” Gary couldn’t speak anymore. He’s in tears.

“Wae? Gary ah, what happened to Jong Kook? Gary ahh!!” Jae-suk asked, panic.

“He’s…….he’s been hit….by a car…..”

“What??? Where is he now?? Yahh Gary!!! Answer me!!!”

“He’s in….SNU hospital..now in emergency room…”

“I’ll be there!”

 

Yoo Jae-suk quickly inform Jong Kook’s manager, Gap Jin about it. He did not inform Ji-hyo yet, cause he want to see Jong Kook with his own eyes first.

When he reach the hospital, he quickly find Gary.

“Gary ah!!”

“Hyung…..he’s still, in there, hyung….the doctors haven’t come out until now..” Gary’s about to cry.

“Let’s think positive and just wait. But what happened, Gary ah?” Jae-suk asking for explanations.

Gary couldn’t answer and started to cry.

“He’s trying to save me…..”

Jae-suk pat Gary’s back and let him calm down.

 

When a doctor finally comes out of the emergency room, both Jae-suk and Gary rushed to get information.

“I can say he’s stable now. So far no injuries found except for bruises. But we need to wait for the x-ray result, to see if there are internal injuries. I predict there’s a fracture on his leg, but how bad it is, we need to wait for the x-ray.”

“Ahh..but is he okay now?”

“He’s awake from the faint. But we make him sleep so he can rest.”

“Owh, thank you doctor.”

Jong Kook has been push from the Emergency Room into the ward. Gary and Jae-suk follow him as well.

While Gary is sitting, staring at the floor, Jae-suk talk to him. “I’ll get you coffee to ease your headache.” Then Jae-suk leave.

 

Gary walk slowly to Jong Kook’s bed.

“Hyung……mianhae……” Gary cries again. He may be drunk earlier, but when the accident happened, it’s like a slap on his face and make him realize things. “I thought I can hate you, hyung, but I know I can’t. I’m sorry for everything. You’ve always protected me, just like the old days back then.”

 

The news about Jong Kook spread really fast. Ji-hyo suddenly enters the room followed by Gap Jin, Chang Joo, Haha and Yoo Jae-suk who bring coffee for Gary. Ji-hyo directly goes to Jong Kook and push Gary aside.

While holding Jong Kook’s hand and caressing his cheek, she whisper, “Jagiya….I’m right here…please wake up…” Ji-hyo can’t stop her tears from running down her cheeks. She doesn’t care if everyone is watching her right now.

“Ji-hyo ah, the doctor has put him to sleep. So he may not wake up today. But doctor said nothing to be worried, coz so far they did not detect any serious injuries. If there are injuries inside of him, he would have vomit earlier,” Jae-suk explain.

“Hyung, what happened?” Haha ask Jae-suk.

But Gary suddenly interfere. “He…..he tries to save me…”

“What do you mean?” Haha ask Gary.

“I…was…in the middle of the road…when a car coming, Jong Kook hyung….just pushed me, but he get hit instead…..mianhae…..” Gary crushed again.

Hearing Gary’s explanation, Ji-hyo suddenly grab Gary’s collar and shout to him, “So this is all because of you?? Why? Are you satisfied now???”

“Mianhae, Ji-hyo ah……”

“He’s been trying all his best, to get your forgiveness. He cares so much about you. But this is what you gave him? Do you really wanna delete him from your life, Kang Gary??” Ji-hyo shout in her cries.

“Ji-hyo ah, calm down…” Chang Joo tries to calm Ji-hyo, and pull her shoulder back.

“I’m sorry, Ji-hyo….It was an accident…I never want anything like this to happen…please believe me…..”

“Ji-hyo ah, I’m sure this is just an accident. Gary wouldn’t want things like this to happen, to anyone. Just calm down….” Haha persuade Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo ah……..”

Everyone look at the person who belongs to the voice. Jong Kook already wake up. Ji-hyo directly go to Jong Kook and hug him, lying her head on top of his chest.

“You’re awake, love….” Ji-hyo whisper.

“Erm….sorry…she must have missed me so much…” Jong Kook said to everyone else who’s looking at them both.

“Yahh Ji-hyo ah! You’re gonna break his lung if you don’t get up..” Jae-suk start his teasing.

“Omo! I’m sorry, oppa…Did I hurt you?” Ji-hyo look at Kim Jong Kook.

“A-ni! I’m fine….don’t worry…I’m the strong one, remember?”

“Hyung, are you really okay? Did you feel pain anywhere?” Haha ask.

“I’m fine! Maybe a little bit pain on my knee. But I’m sure it’s nothing bad. You guys really shouldn’t trouble yourself coming here.”

“Yah….we’re family right? Don’t treat us like strangers, hyung.” Haha added.

While they were chatting, Gary just stand behind and keep quiet. He still feels guilty about all that happened.

“Oppa, do you wanna eat anything?”

“It’s okay. Maybe later. Gap Jin ah, can you reschedule my activities? I’m not sure when I can start my work. I assume maybe tomorrow, but just try to adjust till further notice yach?”

“Okay, it’s my job isn’t it? Leave it to me…”

“Yah Kim Jong Kook. Can you please stop thinking about work? This guy is really ah…..” Jae-suk seems pissed.

“Ahahaha…hyung, there’s so many things to handle.”

“Aih this man….anyway, everyone let’s go down and have coffee. I’m sure this two will have things to discuss. Let’s go, Gary…” Jae-suk referring to Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

“Hyung, you go first. I have things to talk to him.”

“Okay. We’ll see you at the café ah.”

 

All of them leave the room except Ji-hyo and Gary. When Gary walk closer to Jong Kook and looking at Ji-hyo, Ji-hyo suddenly speak, “I’m not leaving…” Ji-hyo tells Gary while holding Jong Kook’s hand. Jong Kook already sit up and lean to the head board.

“Hyung, thank you….for saving my life…” Gary started slowly.

“Gary ah, don’t mention it. I’m sure you’ll do the same if you’re in my position, right?”

“But…it would not happen if I….if I’m not drunk…”

“You should have think like this from long time ago, Kang Gary.” Ji-hyo’s still angry.

Jong Kook pat Ji-hyo’s arm lightly, asking her to calm down.

“Gary,…I really hope, we can be friends again…despite whatever had happened between us.”

“Hyung, I’m such a terrible person. Why do you still wanna be my friend?”

“Coz you’re my dongsaeng…always….”

“Mianhae, hyung! Mianhae……” Gary started to cry.

“Gary ah, please…It’s not your mistake….”

“I’m sorry for everything I said. To you too, Ji-hyo.”

“Oppa, I’m sorry too. I hope you can be happy for us, and we’ll still be friends.”

“N-neh! I have noticed today, how much you love Jong Kook hyung…and I hope both of you will remain happy and in love forever.”

“Thank you, Gary. You will surely find someone else as well. You’re a good guy. Erm...Gary ah, I guess you will not quit Running Man after this?”

“Yeah! I wasn't thinking right, at that moment. I will fix it.....Well, I better leave you two now. I’ll see you later, hyung.”

“N-neh!”

 

When Gary left, Ji-hyo continue to hug Kim Jong Kook.

“I missed you, oppa. And I’m so worried about you.”

“Don’t worry, love. I didn’t feel any pain. So supposedly I’m okay right? But I’m surprised to see you here. I ask Gary not to tell you about this..”

“He didn’t tell me anything. I heard from the news, then Gap Jin oppa confirmed it.”

“I see…so now everyone knows…”

“Wait a second…why did you ask Kang Gary not to tell me? Are you trying to hide this??”

“I….”

“I thought we promise not to have any secret. I thought you were the one who’s angry when I didn’t tell you about me getting sick. And now….”

“Ji-hyo ah…come closer…”

Ji-hyo face is right in front of Jong Kook. Jong Kook suddenly kiss her lips for a few second. Ji-hyo’s face turn red after he release her lips.

“Owh…what is that for?”

“I hope this is enough to ask for your forgiveness. Mianhae, yeobo…”

“Ahhh….you always used this tricks when you’re guilty…not fair…”

“Ahahaha…but you like it didn’t you? I know you miss me a lot…”

“Silly!!”

 

After few minutes of chatting, Ji-hyo suddenly suggest to Jong Kook.

“Love, let’s tell everyone about us….”

“Mwuh?”

“I wanna go public….about us…I want everyone to know…that I’m in love with you…”

“But…”

“No but!! This is an order!! Jagiya…are you ashamed of me so much, that you don’t want people to know about us?”

“No! Please don’t say that, love….I want the whole world to know about us if it’s possible. I’m just worried about you.”

“Why always give me as a reason? Or perhaps you are worried many of your fans will turn away from you eh?”

“Chihhh….I told you I’m worried for you. You know everyone is chanting for Monday Couple…what will happen when they know about us? Will they accept it?”

“They have too..I don’t care anymore..I want us to go dating without hiding. I want everyone to know that I love you, Kim Jong Kook…not someone else…” Don’t know why Ji-hyo suddenly feel like crying.

“Okay! Okay, love. If you insist, then we’ll go public. But we need to discuss with PD first. It may affect the ratings and so on.”

“Okay! You’re not upset with me, right?”

“Of course not!”

“Hurm..at least after this no more girls will be screaming for you..hehehe….”

“Ahhh, so this is why you want everyone to know is it? Hahaha…clever girl!”

“I want everyone to know, Kim Jong Kook belongs to me……”

“And Song Ji-hyo belongs to Kim Jong Kook……deal!!”