Chapter 9

Beautiful Secret

 

It is back to shooting for Running Man today.Everyone is assign to start from different parts of the Han River. Ji-hyo has been given priority to pick up three team members from the Han River to join her team. She’s already happy once she gets on her private water taxi because she already has one person whom she’s confident to pick.

When Ji Suk Jin knows the power of choosing three team members depend on Song Ji-hyo, he directly guess Ji-hyo will pick Kim Jong Kook, Kim Jong Kook and Kim Jong Kook only. It’s like he already sense something between the two and knew Ji-hyo only need to pick Kim Jong Kook to win anything. While Gary is already dreaming that Ji-hyo will pick him and fall in love because Ji-hyo loves water and when she meet him on the water she will meet her love as well.

The first person that Ji-hyo meets at Ban Po is Haha. But somehow she doesn’t pick Haha though Haha’s doing everything he can to persuade Ji-hyo. He even said he doesn’t know who is Kim Jong Kook when Ji-hyo asked if he’s willing to follow Ji-hyo the same way he follow Kim Jong Kook. Of course they both burst out laughing coz they both know what’s the real situation behind the camera. And when Ji-hyo left Haha, Haha get into character and goes crazy all by himself.

Ji-hyo move on to the next stop which is Dongjak Stop. Kim Jong Kook is already waiting and holding his girlfriend’s favorite coffee. Once Ji-hyo saw Kim Jong Kook, she’s already excited and can’t stop laughing. This is the first time they need to act professionally in front cameras since they are a couple. They doesn’t even contact each other before the shoot.

“Ahahahahha….yeay Kim Jong Kook….” Ji-hyo shouted from inside her boat.

“Yeah Ji-hyo ah….An-nyeong…Ji-hyo, I was afraid that you would be tired in the morning so I bought your favorite Americano coffee for you. I even hold the coffee tightly in my jacket since I’m afraid it’s getting cold.”

“Wahhhh…..really, oppa?? I’m touched….” (Oppa, you’re so sweet…I wish I can hug you now in this cold weather…uhuhu)

Although Kim Jong Kook is her boyfriend, but Ji-hyo has been cheeky and playful and did not allow Jong Kook aboard easily. When Kim Jong Kook passes the coffee to Ji-hyo before getting on the boat, he purposely holds Ji-hyo’s hand and speaks with his eyes.

(I miss you, Lioness….arghhh, this is so hard…)

Ji-hyo’s a little bit shocked but quickly pulls her hands before it was caught on the camera. The smiles between both of them have thousands of meanings.

“Ji-hyo, I’m the first one??”

(Of course, silly..) “Oppa, you’re the first one to aboard.”

“Owh, you come from somewhere else? Who’s been disqualified?”

“Err….one of oppa’s two dongsaengs…”

“My dongsaeng?Ahhh…..”

Then Ji-hyo point to herself to be one of Jong Kook’s dongsaeng. She even did it with her most cutie face.

“What? You?You want to be my dongsaeng??” Jong Kook asked.

Ji-hyo nodded and still acting cute.

“Arghhh…this is crazy, Ji-hyo…I don’t think this is right…” Jong Kook’s already covering his face while laughing. (Why are you doing this, babe? Acting normally is already hard for me..stop being a cutie or I can’t handle it anymore.)

Ji-hyo can’t stop laughing till her face turn red.

They proceed to the next stop where Jae-suk is waiting. The moment Jae-suk saw Kim Jong Kook alone on the boat with Ji-hyo, he can’t stop laughing.

“Why are you here?” Jae-suk asked Kim Jong Kook. (Wahhh…you really used this opportunity to be alone with your girlfriend yach?)“Ji-hyo ah, why did you let Jong Kook aboard? Are you out of your mind?” Jae-suk shouted.

All Ji-hyo did was laughing. Kim Jong Kook tries his best to be in character.Ji-hyo can’t be any longer with Jae-suk so she decided to leave Jae-suk at the harbor. Jae-suk gets frustrated but can only watch Ji-hyo left with Jong Kook. (Arghhh…if only I can blow up your secret…aihhhh)

They move on to pick up Gary. Gary’s excited at first and tries his best to persuade Ji-hyo until he suddenly saw Kim Jong Kook.

“Yah, why are you sitting inside?” Gary asked Kim Jong Kook who can only laugh. It seems like Kim Jong Kook has destroy Gary’s hope to be alone with Ji-hyo on the boat.

While Gary went to the store to buy water for Ji-hyo, Kim Jong Kook tries to suggest to Ji-hyo that selecting Gary is quite a good decision. But when Ji-hyo tells him if she chooses Gary, Jong Kook will have to get off, Jong Kook can only smile and not looking at Ji-hyo while trying to calm and be as patient as possible. Ji-hyo really loves to test her boyfriend.

“If that’s the case, then…..let’s go…it’s not a bad thing to leave Gary as well..”

“Ahahahaha….oppa!”

Gary came back with water and also a hotbar that he bought specially for Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo, if you’re leaving me, just takes this hotbar with you. I used my heart to heat it up,” Gary said.

Ji-hyo seems touched and looks at Jong Kook. His reaction is as expected, but he tries to control it.

When Gary aboard, Ji-hyo plays her part as Monday Couple with Gary. She treated Jong Kook just like her servant and Jong Kook pretend like he doesn’t see the entire love act between Gary and Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo understand Jong Kook is burning inside but she need to play her part without fail or people will start to notice tiny little thing. Gary obviously enjoy the love lines with Ji-hyo as he expected.

Gary feed a candy to Ji-hyo’s mouth and said to Jong Kook, “Aihh…why are you even here…”

Jong Kook totally feels like blowing up but when he saw Ji-hyo’s eyes look like she’s asking him to calm down, he did not react.

“Ahh…this is so uncomfortable…although I felt it last time…” Kim Jong Kook suddenly speaks softly, more like speaking to himself.

Ji-hyo then feed the candy to Gary which makes Gary blush. When Ji-hyo tries to feed Jong Kook, Jong Kook just offershis hand and controls his sulky face.

“Aihh…today hyung must be feeling even lonelier,” Gary said to Jong Kook.

“It’s okay..don’t put it in your heart..” (I’ll make sure she pays all this later…Song Ji-hyo, I’m not letting go your playful act here…)

When they arrived at the camp site, they start their task to catch the guests which is Yong Hwa from CN Blue and Daesung from Big Bang. It takes about two hours before Ji-hyo’s team caught Yong Hwa and Jae-suk’s team caught Daesung.

The shooting continues till night where Yong Hwa joins Ji-hyo’s team and Daesung joins Jae-suk’s team. Both teams wear a scout’s uniform. The first task for that night is to cook. Ji-hyo and Jong Kook represent their team while Jae-suk and Daesung represent another team and they have been assigned to shop for groceries.Ji-hyo and Jong Kook are excited to be alone again. Although they can’t make any obvious action, at least by being lonely and get to look at one another is enough for them.

When they arrive at the supermarket, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook quickly find their groceries. When they almost completed their list, Jong Kook whisper to Ji-hyo.

“Yeobo, is this something that we will do after marriage?”

Ji-hyo looks at Jong Kook with surprise. But Jong Kook just smile at his girlfriend with a naughty face. Ji-hyo understands now that Jong Kook is trying to get revenge for what happen on the boat earlier. Ji-hyo then tries to be calm again.

“Yah, jagiya..you will do all the groceries while I take care of our child at home. Okay?” Ji-hyo whisper back.

Now Jong Kook gets stunned with Ji-hyo’s answer. And then she continues, “I love you, oppa….I’ve missed you badly, today…hehe.”

Jong Kook can’t take it anymore and speak up, “Arghhh…I think we better make a move to the campsite now.”

Ji-hyo just laughs while enjoying her wins over Jong Kook. They came back to the camp site and continue with their tasks. In the end, Ji-hyo’steam wins the challenge. Since Jae-suk’s team lost, they need to do their punishment somewhere else.

While Ji-hyo packs her things to go back, Gary approach her.

“Ji-hyo ah…ehh…thank you for today..I’m so happy that you picked me and we’re in the same team…” Gary speaks shyly. Ji-hyo just smile while waiting for Gary to finish his statement.

“Err…are you going back now? How about we go for a coffee chat? It won’t take that long, and you’ll still be able to go back and rest.”

“Hmm…but my manager…”

“I can send you home after that. So you don’t have to trouble your manager.”

Jong Kook who’s standing nearby has been listening to Gary and Ji-hyo’s conversation. But he did not say a word. He’s waiting for Ji-hyo’s answer, whether she will join Gary or not.

“Aih…Kang Gary…I am so sorry…but I feel really tired today..how about after the shoot tomorrow? Because the day after tomorrow we won’t have any shooting for Running Man. And I think everyone here will be around to join.”

Gary’s plan is actually to only hang out with Ji-hyo. But it seems that Ji-hyo didn’t get his intention and want to hang out with the whole group. Gary can do nothing about it since it’s not the right time to let Ji-hyo know his true feelings.

“Okay then..we’ll hang out tomorrow night,” Gary said in a low voice.

(Sorry Kang Gary…I’m just not comfortable to hang out just the two of us. And I know Jong Kook has been patient all day today..I don’t wanna upset him more…mianhae, oppa!)

 

Just when Ji-hyo’s on the way back to her house with Baek Chang Joo, Jong Kook text her to meet him somewhere on the road. And when they arrived at the place as planned, Jong Kook is already there with Gap Jin. Jong Kook walks to Ji-hyo’s car.

“Owhh…oppa…why do you want to meet me here? Is everything okay?” Ji-hyo asks curiously.

“I’m fine. I just want a lift to your house, to pick up my car. So Gap Jin don’t have to go all the way only to send me there, right?”

“Ahh…you should have informed me earlier. My heart is about to explode thinking if something is wrong. Come in, oppa….eh, come and sit in front…”

Their conversation seems little bit awkward with Chang Joo around.

“Hyung, how are you doing now? Light head?”

“I’m doing well, thanks to you.”

“Ahh, don’t mention it…”

And the conversation goes on just about their work, schedule, plans and other things.

 

When they arrived at Ji-hyo’shouse, Chang Joo just drop them at the entrance and left.

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook quickly enter the house to avoid from neighbors curiosity. Only inside the house they begin to relax and act normally.

“Oppa, you want a drink?” Ji-hyo walks to her kitchen.

“Sure…water will do..” Jong Kook answered while walking to the kitchen as well. He already has a naughty plan to get revenge with Ji-hyo.

“Owh…oppa, why are you looking at me like that??”

Kim Jong Kook didn’t answer but instead keep on coming near Ji-hyo with his smile.

Ji-hyo started to feel shaky with the way her boyfriend looks at her.

“Ahhh, here’s your drink. I need to go to the washroom,” Ji-hyo make excuse and trying to distance herself from Jong Kook.

Just as she passed Jong Kook, Jong Kook grab her waist and backhug her.

“Oppaaaa….let me go…I need to go to the washroom…”Ji-hyo beg her boyfriend.

“You know what, my girlfriend has been very naughty today…teasing everyone in front camera..” Jong Kook said.

“Ahahah…Oppa, you said we need to be professional…so that’s what I’m doing..”

“Oh really?? Yes we need to be professional, but do you have to treat me like a servant?” Jong Kook is already tickling Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo just can’t stand it and start laughing.

“Oppa…stop it! Ahahah…I’m sorry…I’m sorry…ahahahah……”

“Say it, am I a servant to you? Hurmm??”

“No! No! Of course not…oppa, please…ahahahha…”

“Tell me..are you going to do that again??”

“I…will………pull your hair till it’s fallen out if you don’t let me go…” Ji-hyo grabs and pulls Jong Kook’s hair as hard as she can to release herself.

“Yahhh! Yahh!!...why are you treating your boyfriend like this??” Jong Kook is now trying to release his hair from Ji-hyo. Both of them is already laughing hardly but still looking like they are fighting.

Once Ji-hyo feels like she can run from Jong Kook, she quickly let go of Jong Kook’s hair and run to the dining room. She stands behind the dining table in case Jong Kook tries to come for her.

“Yahh, Song Ji-hyo…do you still think we are in Running Man?” Jong Kook come closer while repairing his hair.

“Ahahaha…Oppa, mianhae…it’s the only way I can save myself..hahahah…anyway it’s not the first time, so get used to it…”

“Ahahaha…this girl, is really different from any other girls. Ji-hyo ah, come here…”

“A-ni…Oppa, let’s just talk like this..don’t come nearer…”

“Aihh…how can we talk like this…this is like when you are afraid I will rip your tag..Ji-hyo ah, you’re my love one…do you really think I’m going to hurt you?” Jong Kook tries to persuade Ji-hyo.

“I know you’re not going to hurt me…but your tickles make me out of breath…”

“Really? I’m sorry then…peace okay?? I won’t do it anymore….come here…”

“A-ni, just stand there….and talk…” Ji-hyo still stand a distance from Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah…I’m asking you politely to come to me..I miss you, yeobo…” said Jong Kook with a naughty smile.

“Ahahahah…yah Kim Jong Kook!  I know your tricks more than anyone else…”

“What? What tricks? How can you not trust your own boyfriend?”

“I trust you, but not tonight…ahaha…”

“Ji-hyo ah…I really don’t wanna do this…but I need to try other plan then..”

“What? What plan?” Ji-hyo is already grabbing a book to be thrown to Jong Kook in case Jong Kook act aggressively.

Kim Jong Kook suddenly takes off his shirt and throw it on the floor. He know apart of Ji-hyo’s weakness is his six packs.

“Oppa…what are you doing? Put on your shirt back!” said Ji-hyo while trying to close her eyes.

“Come here, ppaleun!” Jong Kook stand like he’s doing a photo-shoot when he’s just trying to seduce Ji-hyo.

“No! Oppa, wear your clothes back…pleaseee…uhuhu…” Ji-hyo already standing uncomfortable.

“Or maybe I should take off my pants now, babe? You know what can happen if…..”

“No! No! Oppa, stop right there!!….Let me breath…”

Jong Kook is smilling with his small eyes, waiting for JI-hyo’s reaction.

“Okay..I will come to you…just don’t move okay? And don’t do anything…”

Ji-hyo walks slowly to Jong Kook. But just when Jong Kook is about to reach her, she run away to her bedroom and hurriedly tries to close the door. But Jong Kook already put his foot at the door and Ji-hyo’s energy doesn’t level with Jong Kook. Jong Kook pushes the door and Ji-hyo take a step further from the half- Jong Kook. Jong Kook locks the door and lean on it while staring at his shaky girlfriend.

“So, what should we do now??” Jong Kook started to tease Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo tries to smile but of course she can’t hide her feelings right now. “Err…oppa..it’s already late..and we have another shoot tomorrow…why don’t you go back first? We’ll continue this tomorrow okay?”

“Owh…you’re kicking me out now? Don’t you wanna be with me tonight?”

“Err…oppa, I’m not trying to get rid of you, but you still need to drive back home…and…”

“Ji-hyo ah…don’t you miss me?” Jong Kook take a step forward.

“I…of course I miss you…”

“Ji-hyo ah, did you know how hard it is for me today?” Jong Kook take another step forward.

“I know, oppa…it’s not easy for me as well…”

Jong Kook keeps on coming closer to Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo grab a small pillow on her bed and shout at Jong Kook, “Oppa stop!!” she said while threatening with her pillow.

“Ahahhaa…Ji-hyo ah…do you really wanna do this pillow fight?”

“Oppa, I know you’re stronger….but you’re scaring me, oppa....”

“Why? You’ve always kissed me and hug me, then why are you scared of me tonight?”

“Because……you’re half-…and...” Ji-hyo cover her face with a pillow and continue, “I’m afraid I can’t stop staring at your body…”

Jong Kook is now right in front of Ji-hyo, smiling. He take the pillow from Ji-hyo and throw it away. Ji-hyo just close her eyes. Jong Kook put his hands on JI-hyo’s waist and pull her closer.

“Ji-hyo ah, open your eyes…” Jong Kook said, softly.

Ji-hyo shake her head.

“My love, please open your eyes,” and now Jong Kook’s trying to sound as romantic as he can.

Slowly Ji-hyo open her eyes.

“Look, I’m sorry if I scare you okay…I’m just teasing you…but you have to remember one thing, I’m supposed to be the man who protects you, who you can rely on..not someone who you should be scared off..okay?”

“N-ne…I’m not really that scared…it’s just….”

“And now she’s bubbly again….ahahah….I love you, Lioness…”

Ji-hyo lean her face to Jong Kook’s chest, covering her shyness. Jong Kook tighten his hug.

“Ahhh…this feels nice…I’ve been longing to do this since in the boat.”

“Oppa…I miss you so much…I’m sorry if you’re hurt about my act with Kang Gary today…I have no choice..”

“It’s okay..I understand…I may not like it, but I know you’re just trying to give the best to everyone…”

“Thank you for your understanding, oppa..”

“I know you’re just trying to give the best to everyone…although that means you need to treat your boyfriend like a maid…” Jong Kook tease Ji-hyo.

“Oppaaaaaaa….I’ve already felt guilty the whole day today..,” Ji-hyo sounds like a girl crying for a candy.

“Ahahah…I’m joking, Mong Ji…”

They’ve been hugging like that for few minutes now.

“Love, can I kiss you??” Jong Kook asks permission from Ji-hyo. It’s not like it’s the first time they want to kiss but since Ji-hyo feels a little bit scared of Jong Kook tonight, he doesn’t want to make her jump away if he tries to kiss her.

Ji-hyo did not answer directly. After a while, “Oppa, you sounds like Casper…hehee.”

Jong Kook hold Ji-hyo’s chin and make her look at him in the eyes. “Why do you always need to spoil the mood, babe?”

Ji-hyo then makes a funny face. She squint her eyes and bloated her cheeks. Jong Kook can’t help it and let go of Ji-hyo while laughing.

“Yahh!! What’s get into you? Why are you being so naughty today?”

“So you don’t like the “naughty” me?” Ji-hyo teases again by making a crying face.

Jong Kook quickly pulls Ji-hyo into his arms. “I love you, Song Ji-hyo..whether it’s the good, the bad or the ugly..no doubt, okay?”

“N-ne…,” Ji-hyo look into Jong Kook’s eyes.

“May I?” Jong Kook refer back to his permission for the kiss. Ji-hyo nodded and close her eyes.