Chapter 3

Beautiful Secret

 

It’s Valentine’s Day. Song Ji Hyo bring cakes for all the Running Man members. When they were walking towards the W Education building, Jong Kook walks with Ji-hyo at the back.

“Ji-hyo, thank you ah…and I'm sorry..”

“Oppa, we need to talk about what happened.”

“Neh…we’ll meet up after the shooting.”

 

Entering the building, they were being introduced with the guests for today’s episode which is Tony and Kim Kwang Gyu. Then they were divided into two teams. Jae-suk team members are Jae-suk, Tony, Kim Kwang Gyu, Joong Ki and Ji-hyo while in Jong Kook’s team are Kim Jong Kook, Kwang Soo, Haha, Gary and Suk Jin. 

PD explains about the game “Office Basketball” which they will be playing without standing, and they need to sit in alternate position. Ji-hyo was assigned to distract Jong Kook as a defender. Right when she sit, Jong Kook already pulls her chair close to him.

“Don’t try to play dirty, Miss Mong..” Jong Kook whisper to Ji-hyo, sort of warning her with smiles. But Ji-hyo act like she didn’t care and weren’t afraid at all.

When the first round start, Ji-hyo quickly pull Jong Kook’s tie and block him from seeing the ball.

“Ji-hyo yah…how can I see the ball if you’re blocking my view? I can’t even move.”

Ji-hyo start to tease Jong Kook by making funny faces, by playing with her lips as if she wants Jong Kook to kiss her. (Ji-hyo ah..you’re putting yourself in dangerous mode by doing this. Please stop it, Ji-hyo. I’m afraid I can’t stop myself from kissing you.)

Kim Jong Kook suddenly grabs both Ji-hyo’s hand and lock her till she couldn’t move.

“Jae-suk oppa!! Kim Jong Kook’s holding my hand…he’s touching me!!!”

“Yah, Ji-hyo ahh!! I did not touch you with any bad intention!! This is a game strategy.”

Gary suddenly stands up. “Weh! Weh! Weh! Kim Jong Kook…what are you trying to do ah?? She’s my girlfriend, you know.”

And now Kim Jong Kook also stand up. Obviously he’s taller than Gary “What?? Gary yah…which one is your team??”

Gary realizes that he’s over reacting. “Aih,..captain Kook…I’m sorry…I will sit now.”

Ji-hyo and others laugh loudly.

“Gary ah..you look like a small ant when Jong Kook stand up..hahahah” said Jae-suk.

“Hyung, I’m afraid he’ll swing me and throw me out of the building. Let me sit at that side, hyung.”

“Yah Kang Gary. Why did you simply call me your girlfriend? Watch out, ah. They may call us Monday Couple, but I’m never your girlfriend..and will never be…so, stop dreaming!” Ji-hyo jokes with Gary.

Gary makes crying face.

“Huwaaa..where’s the window? I want to jump off this building…Ji-hyo ah, can’t you be more loving and sentimental?? It’s Valentine’s Day you know!”

And everyone’s been laughing with Gary’s act.

 

When second round starts, Ji-hyo quickly pushes Kim Jong Kook to the wall. With Jong Kook being held at the back of Ji-hyo, Ji-hyo shouts, “Oppa, ppaleun! Scores as much as you can!!”

“Yah Ji-hyo. This is not fair…”

Ji-hyo uses all her strength to lock Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook start being naughty and pull Ji-hyo’s back hair slightly.

Ji-hyo can only laugh at that time because she has no energy to be angry anymore. Seeing Ji-hyo being tough, Jong Kook get the idea to melt her.

“Ji-hyo ah, saranghaeyo….” Jong Kook whisper to Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo suddenly stunned and looks at Jong Kook. But Jong Kook quickly pushes Ji-hyo aside and get back in the game.

Jong Kook’s team won this round.

 

“Yah, Ji-hyo ahh..why did you let go of Kim Jong Kook?” asked Jae-suk.

“Jae-suk ahh..did you saw this two love birds? I don’t think we can trust them both.” Suk Jin speaks out.

“Weh, Suk Jin oppa..Why can’t you trust us? We’re defending each team what..” said Ji-hyo.

“Noona, are you a spy??” Joong Ki checks out with Ji-hyo.

“What?? Aihhh…you guys really want to see me get mad ah…”

“Noona, are you drunk?” KwangSoo added to Ji-hyo’s anger.

Ji-hyo directly stands up.

“Yahh, you two ahh…do you know how hard I try to lock Kim Jong Kook…do you know how tired I am? It’s like you lock an elephant.”

“What did you call me??” Jong Kook shouts by surprise to Ji-hyo. Of course Ji-hyo will only laughs.

“Jong Kook hyung, you can’t deny that you’re heavy.” Haha answered.

 

Then the final round begins.

This time, Ji-hyo pulls Kim Jong Kook aside. She hugs Kim Jong Kooks neck from behind using both her hands. Although there shouldn’t be any touching, but PD’s and others just let it happened.

While everyone’s busy to win the game, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook looks like a couple taking loving pictures. Ji-hyo even laid her chin on Jong Kook’s broad shoulder.

Being surprised, Jong Kook suddenly ask “Ji-hyo ah…do you love me?”

Ji-hyo tightens her grip.

“Ji-hyo ah, are..you trying..to kill me? I’m chok…king…I…can’t breathe..”

“Oppa, sorry ah…then don’t talk rubbish with me.”

Ji-hyo let go her right hand from Jong Kook’s neck. Now she’s only using her left hand to lock Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook feels a little bit better.

“But I know you love me, Cheon Seong Im…hahah!”

Ji-hyo pulls Jong Kook’s hair strongly. Both were screaming and shouting like no one is there.

“Yah, Ji-hyo ahh…do you want to kill me?? My head feels like burning..”

“Hahahah..oppa, I never heard of people died because someone pulls their hairs. Hahahah…such a cry baby…”

“Yahh…you two…don’t you see us here??” Suk Jin speaks.

“Ji-hyo ahh…today is Monday…why are you flirting with him?? Take back your cake. Huwaaa….” Gary pretends he’s sad.

“Ahahahha…Kang Gary..I learned from you..”

“Urghhhh….strrrressss!!”

Jae-suk’s team win this round.

 

 

The next game, it’s The Chaser. Ji-hyo has been switched with Lee Kwang Soo in their team. So now Ji-hyo, Gary, Haha,,Ji Suk Jin and Kim Jong Kook were the chaser, while Jae-suk, Kwang Soo, Joong Ki, Tony and Kim Kwang Gyu were in one team, but they need to do a mission.

After 15 minutes,…

 

*Announcement: Song Joong Ki, Lee Kwang Soo Out!!

 

Others continue their assignment. While Jong Kook, Suk Jin and Haha busy finding the other team, Gary and Ji-hyo take their own sweet time and spending time to celebrate Valentine’s Day. They both sit at one hiding spot and enjoy eating the cake that Ji-hyo brought. Gary purposely stained his mouth with hope that Ji-hyo will clean it by kissing the stain; just like the scene in the Secret Garden. Of course Ji-hyo wouldn’t do that but instead wipe it with her hand harshly.

“Yahh…you are very unsentimental!!!”

Ji-hyo laughs. After they finished the cake, then they continue with their assignment. They bump into Jong Kook and Haha.

“Yah you two…come here!!” Jong Kook gives instruction.

When Ji-hyo and Gary comes nearer, “I haven’t seen you both for a while. Where have you been hiding?”

“Aaa…we went to look for Kwang Gyu..” lied Gary.

“Gary yah…Kwang Gyu is already out..” explained Haha.

“Aaa..ermm..aaa…” Gary suddenly lost of words to speak. He didn’t even dare to look at Kim Jong Kook. It’s obvious that he was lying.

“What’s that on your mouth, Ji-hyo?”

Ji-hyo seems blank. Kim Jong Kook comes closer and holds her face with his hard hands. He then wipes the stain near Ji-hyo’s lips. Ji-hyo is stunned.

“Did you two just switch a chocolate cake kisses??” Jong Kook asked with slow voices but fiery eyes.

“Yah!! How can both of you goes for a date when we’re struggling to eliminate them?” Haha added.

“Aihh…both of you and Suk Jin hyung can easily find them. But we’re also looking for them what,” said Gary.

“Suk Jin had already been eliminated together with Jae-suk hyung. Yah, what has the two of you been doing…that you didn’t even notice who’s been out..”

Silent for a while. “They were smooching, while we’re finishing our energy here..” There were angry tones in Jong Kook’s voice. He looks deeply into Ji-hyo’s eyes, with a very upset expression.

“Oppa, that’s not it..that’s not true!!” Ji-hyo tries to explain.

“Ji-hyo ahh..you don’t have to be shy…they are our family, we can share it with them..” Gary joke around.

“Kang Gary, this is not funny…people will have bad impression of me when there’s nothing actually happened. Mind your words.” Ji-hyo is more worried that Kim Jong Kook has got the wrong idea of what actually happened.

“Let’s finish the game!” said Jong Kook and walk away.

Jong Kook and Haha go separate ways than Gary and Ji-hyo. Haha knows Kim Jong Kook is angry and perhaps jealous with Gary and Ji-hyo. But Haha didn’t want to voice it out. Not when Kim Jong Kook is in a bad mood.

With only 15 minutes left:

 

*Announcement: Kim Jong Kook, Haha Out!!

 

Jong Kook and Haha went to join the others in the fake jail. Everyone were chatting, laughing and joking except for Kim Jong Kook who pretends to read a magazine.

“Yahhh…look at those two, holding hands…they are really a cute couple.”

Kim Jong Kook glances and saw Ji-hyo and Gary were holding hands.

“Joong Ki, are you okay?? Is anything burning inside you seeing those two love birds?” Suk Jin teases Joong Ki who used to have a crush at Ji-hyo.

“Eii Suk Jin hyung…she’s like a sister to me..”

“But you did kiss her in the previous challenge. Is that how you kiss your sister?” Kwang Soo added. Joong Ki just smile with a blushing face.

“Aih Kim Jong Kook…you are quiet..what’s wrong??” asked Suk Jin.

Jong Kook didn’t answer or even look up. Haha give a sign not to talk to Kim Jong Kook.

In the end, Jong Kook’s team won the game.

“Yahhh, Captain Kook..we have won this game for you....don't be angry anymore ah...sorry for all the misunderstanding just now..” Gary speaks up.

Kim Jong Kook force to smile, but Ji-hyo, Haha and Jae-suk can see it was a fake one.

 

After the shooting ended, Jong Kook quickly left the set and goes back with his manager Gap Jin. He’s supposed to meet Ji-hyo, but that doesn’t seem to happen, with all the frustrations that he felt.  

Song Ji-hyo has been calling over and over again.

“Aren’t you gonna answer that?” asked Gap Jin.

Jong Kook didn’t answer, just looking straight on the road, though he’s not driving.

“Who’s that? I don’t think it’s Eun Hye..the last time you did something like this was when you’re with her, like 10 years ago..”

“Yah Gap Jin, can you please not say anything? I’m terribly tired today..and stop mentioning something from the past.”

Gap Jin keeps quiet and continues his drive.

On the other side, Gary asks Ji-hyo to have a drink with him, but Ji-hyo refuse. After her calls have been rejected by Kim Jong Kook, how can she go and have fun with Gary.

“Oppa, I think Kim Jong Kook is angry with me. Can you accompany me to his house?” Ji-hyo asks Jae-suk a favor.

“What happened, Ji-hyo?”

“I..I can’t explain now. But I need to see him before things get worse.”

Jae-suk feels sorry for Ji-hyo. She seems really sad. Luckily they have been given one week off from Running Man shooting.

 

When they arrived at Jong Kook’s house, Ji-hyo goes alone to ring the door.

When the door’s opened, surprisingly it was Gap Jin, not Kim Jong Kook.

“Aih…annyeong Gap Jin oppa..”

“Ohh..Ji-hyo..annyeong..what are you doing here?”

“Err…I need to see Jong Kook oppa. Can you let him know I’m here?”

“Errrmm….Ji-hyo ah..Jong Kook’s not in..”

“Not in? But his car is here.”

“Yess, but…he’s gone somewhere..he said to release tension..”

“Owhh…where did he go, oppa? Can you give me his address??”

“Ji-hyo ah,….he fly out of Korea, on tonight’s flight...”

“Outstation?? But, he didn’t said anything to us..”

“Yeah..I’m surprised too…he makes a flight booking on our way home just now.”

Ji-hyo ponders for a while. But she can’t think actually. She’s just too surprised with Jong Kook’s sudden decision.

“Err…but maybe you can catch him at the airport…”

“Owhh…it’s ok..I don’t think he want to see me at all..”

“Ji-hyo yah…what happened between you two? Were you the one whom he rejected calls just now?”

Ji-hyo just smiles in teary eyes.

“I…I better leave, oppa..thanks anyway…”

“Do you want me to send you home??”

“No, it’s okay..I came with Jae-suk oppa..”

Right when Ji-hyo turns around, Gap Jin calls her.

“Ji-hyo ah..I will sms you his address, when he arrived, okay? Well, who knows if you want to find him there..but crazy idea, I guess.”

“Thank you, oppa..please don’t let him know I came.”

Ji-hyo walks to the car helplessly.

“Yah, Song Ji-hyo..what happened?” Jae-suk asked her.

Ji-hyo didn’t answer.

“Did you meet Kim Jong Kook?”

Ji-hyo shakes her head.

“Then why are you so sad?”

Ji-hyo suddenly covers her face and cry. To his surprised, Jae-suk starts the car and drive home.

“Ji-hyo ah, cry it all out..you’ll feel better..oppa really don’t know what happened between you and Kim Jong Kook…when I said you two were together, both of you denied. Now I can’t help much when anything happened..”

(Jae-suk oppa, how can I answer you when I myself am confused with all this…Jong Kook oppa, why are you doing this to me?? I missed you, oppa..)