Chapter 44

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo walks directly to her bed and get under the sheet, preparing herself to sleep. But she sits up leaning to the headboard, looking directly to her boyfriend. Jong Kook walks in lamely with his injured ankle carrying the bouquet of flowers. He sit in front of Ji-hyo on the bed and handed the flowers.

Ji-hyo accepted the flowers and put it on her lap.

“So, what do you want?” Ji-hyo ask seriously, without any smiles.

“You’re angry…I can see that…”

“A-ni! I just don’t see the point talking to you anymore.”

“Ji-hyo ah…I’m sorry…for ignoring your advice…” Jong Kook talks slowly.

“Huh? Why apologize? After all, you’re the one who’s in pain…”

“….Babe, please….I’m sorry…”

“It doesn’t matter what I said, how I felt…the most important is your fans isn’t it? I know you love them and appreciate them so much. But do you have to risked yourself like this? If they are so important to you more that your health condition, more than everything, might as well we never get back together…coz they won’t like me with you…” Ji-hyo burst out, can hold herself anymore.

Jong Kook quickly put a finger on , making her stop whatever she said. “No! Please don’t say that!”

Ji-hyo just stare Jong Kook quietly.

“Okay, I am stubborn. But the main reason I’m here, not necessarily because of the fans. I am here….because I knew Lee Dong Wook is the guest, and being in the same team as you, together with Gary as well. And then, I heard you did the bungee jumping, same as Dong Wook……I can't hold myself at home………..that’s why I’m here….”

Somehow Jong Kook’s explanation calms Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo move closer to Jong Kook. She lands her chin on Jong Kook’s shoulder while her hand hug Jong Kook’s waist in front.

“Owh jagiya…..are you jealous of Lee Dong Wook-ssi?” Ji-hyo talks softly.

“A-ni! I’m just afraid of your securities. I’m afraid they’ll take advantage of you….” Jong Kook denies his jealousy.

“Ahahaha….you’re so cute, jagiya…Well, I’m touched! I never thought you’ll endure your pain only to be with me. But you should trust me. I will never let anyone steal my heart that’s totally for you……..even if Lee Dong Wook-ssi is handsome and charming and tall and……..”

“Yahh!! Am I deaf or what??”

“Ahahahah…Admit that you’re jealous, ppaleun!”

“No, I’m not!”

“Yes, you are!”

“Am not! Why would I feel jealous with him?”

“Because he’s undoubtedly handsome…” Ji-hyo starts playing her index finger on Jong Kook’s chest. “He’s charming…..he’s tough…he’s a gentleman…”

Jong Kook grab Ji-hyo’s finger and bite it hard.

“Oppaaaa!!!”

“Say that again and I’ll eat you!!”

“Ahahaha….yahh!! You said you’re not jealous….”

“I am not! But that doesn’t mean I wanna hear you praise another guy in front of me…”

“Aigoo!! My lovely jagiya…you make me love you more each second…Listen!,” Ji-hyo cupped Jong Kook’s face. “You are the only one in my heart. You are the most handsome guy for me, the best for me, the love of my life. You have a special place in here,” Ji-hyo pointed to her chest.

“Can I see it?” Jong Kook being naughty referring to Ji-hyo’s chest.

Ji-hyo push Jong Kook’s face hard. “Get out!”

“Ahahah…yah, I’m joking….”

“No way! Get out!”

Ji-hyo keep on pushing Jong Kook until he fell off the bed. He screams loudly when his ankle landed wrongly on the carpeted floor.

“Omo! Oppa…I’m sorry…I’m so sorry….”

“Arghhhh!!!”

“Mianhae, oppa!! Where did it hurt?? Let me see…”

Ji-hyo is in panic and tries to look at Jong Kook’s ankle. But Jong Kook suddenly pulls her into his arm and hugs her tightly on top of him.

“Yahhh!!” Ji-hyo shouts to his face, in surprise.

“Ahahaha…I miss you, babe. You haven’t given me any kiss yet today….”

“In your dream…..”

“Ahahaha…Babe, you know you’ll never be able to release yourself from my arms.”

“Really? And you know that your ankle is just waiting to be broken right?”

“Aihhhh…Okay! Okay! I surrender…”

Jong Kook let go of Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo gets up and helps Jong Kook as well.

“Hurm….I guess we better sleep now..We’ve got a long day to handle tomorrow…”

Jong Kook turns around to go back to his room. But Ji-hyo grabs his wrist making him turn around.

“Sleep with me, jagiya!”

“Hurmm….thought you’ll never ask….” Jong Kook smiling to Ji-hyo.

 

They both get on the bed. Ji-hyo lay her head on Jong Kook’s chest.

“Love…..may I know your intention asking the guy in the jewelry shop to keep a ring for you under Gary’s name…”

“Owh…jagiya….you know about that?” Ji-hyo look up to Jong Kook with her chin on Jong Kook’s chest.

“I know everything about you. So don’t ever think you can cheat on me.”

“Ahahah…That was just a joke, nothing serious. It’s just for the show. And it suddenly pop-up at that time……..Don’t tell me you’re jealous of Gary oppa, jagiya….”

“I am not! Why are you always saying I’m jealous of those guys?”

“Ahahahahah….okay fine…you’re not….”

“That’s right. Why would I be jealous when I’m the only one who can do this….” Jong Kook bring up Ji-hyo’s chin and kisses her lips. “And I’m the only one who can do this to you….” Jong Kook starts to nibble and nuzzle along her neck, making Ji-hyo giggle.

“Jagiyaaaa…..”

Jong Kook’s tongue darted out, the sensitive skin and teeth grazed on her neck before he on it marking Ji-hyo as his on few spots.

“Now that’s my seal…No one can have you for whatever reason…”

“Ahah….I love you, jagiya…”

“Love you too.....Let’s get some sleep before we turn into panda bear tomorrow.”

“N-neh!”

Ji-hyo lay back on Jong Kook’s chest and they both easily fall asleep, too tired for the day.

 

The next day, they act as usual in front of everyone. The Running Man continues their shooting to Vietnam. But the team has change and mixed up. Gary is now in the same team as Haha and Hye Jin; Jae-suk, Suk Jin and Ji-hyo in one team while Dong Wook, Jong Kook and Kwang Soo in another team. Ji-hyo can’t help but laughing looking at Jong Kook’s expression when Dong Wook joins his team.

During their break, Dong Wook sit next to Jong Kook, trying to have a conversation.

“Hyung…..how’s your ankle?”

“Still in pain..but not as bad as the first time…”

“Ahh…Hopefully you’ll recover soon…”

“Yeah….thank you, Dong Wook ah…Err…I heard you did the bungee jumping..”

“N-neh! It was like killing yourself and get a second life back…It’s too scary, hyung..”

“Yeah! But it will show your manly skill.”

“Ahaha…If you look at my video before I jump, you won’t say anything about manly. But because Ji-hyo is there, I feel a little bit motivated.”

“Owh really?” Hearing Ji-hyo’s name from Dong Wook makes Jong Kook interested.

“Yes! She’s even braver than me. She jumps like it’s just a few feet. She’s daebak!”

“Well, we don’t call her an ‘Ace’ for nothing.”

“Yeah…..err, hyung, can I ask you something?”

“Sure!”

“Erm…are you, and Ji-hyo….getting back together?”

“Ahaha…why did you ask?”

“Just wanna know….It’s really bad the way it turns out between you and Ji-hyo. But if there’s no way you two are getting back together, then Ji-hyo should try to open up to other people.”

“Owh….Why? You know anyone who’s interested in her?” Jong Kook asks, curious to know.

“I’m sure there’s many. But Ji-hyo may only have that place for you….Are you sure you two weren’t together? Coz I saw the way you both glance at each other. And the way you both smile….other people may have not notice…but I did…”

“Aihh! Stop making assumption. Yes we are still friends. But if you’re saying more than that, I can’t confirm that. You need to ask her.” Jong Kook try to hide their relationship.

“Aih hyung. Just admit it. I will not tell anyone.”

“Ahahaha…you really need to get that answer from her.”

“Well….if you really said you both were just friends, then I may try to get closer to her. Don’t you think, hyung?”

“Mwuh?? Err….err….”

“Actually I really like her from the moment we act together. When she cries in the movies, I actually feel her sadness. That’s why it’s easier for us to act together. Coz we understand each other.”

“Owh…erm…then you better ask her…who knows you may have the chance…”

“Really, hyung? And you won’t have a problem with that?”

“Hey, there’s no way I can control her life…if that’s what she wants….”

“Yes, hyung. You’re right. Thanks.”

Dong Wook then get away from Jong Kook, leaving him in silent. The shooting continues for two days in Vietnam.

 

After the last day of shooting, right after the director shouted “Cut!”, Jong Kook suddenly fall on the ground, in pain.

“Arghhh!!”

Everyone rush to him. His ankle look swollen and he cannot move his feet. They carry him into the car and speed up to the hospital.

While Ji-hyo’s waiting for the result from the doctor, Dong Wook sit next to her.

“You okay?”

“N-neh! Of course!”

“You don’t look good…”

“Owh…I’m just, tired..”

“You seems, worried…You still love him, don’t you?”

“What?”

“You still love Jong Kook hyung, right?”

“Ahh…erm….I love everyone I know..including you..So when your friends or anyone you love got injured, of course you’re worried.”

“But I think, Jong Kook hyung is different right?”

“Your point?”

“You both are still in love. I asked Jong Kook hyung earlier if you both were back together, but he didn’t answer. He said to get the answer from you. I think I already have the answer.”

“Ahh…is it really important for you? Whether we’re together or not?”

“Of course. At least if I know the truth, then I will control myself from being too close to you.”

“Ahahah…he won’t mind at all…don’t worry…”

Ji-hyo still didn’t give the exact answer that Dong Wook expected. But Dong Wook wouldn’t force her, coz he think he know the answer.

 

They fly back home on the same day. Jong Kook needed to use crutches to walk. In the flight, Ji-hyo sit next to Jong Kook.

“So, are you happy now?” Ji-hyo teases Jong Kook. “This is what I’m worried about, but since you’re so stubborn, you deserve it….”

“Ahaha…fine! I get my punishment…”

Jong Kook grab Ji-hyo’s hand and cover it with his jacket.

“Erm…did Dong Wook ask you anything?”

“Yeah…why?”

“I think he had crush on you…he admit he likes you..”

“But I like you…so it doesn’t matter…” Ji-hyo said trying to close her eyes.

“Am I the lucky one?”

“No! I’m the lucky one….to have someone like you…not only handsome…but cheeky, naughty….and stubborn…”

“Ahahaha…Don’t start! You make me wanna bite you…”

“Hurm…how’s your leg? Still painful?”

“So far okay. They’ve injected the pain killer. So I shouldn’t feel anything at least until we reach home.”

“Hurm…will you recover by the time of Dong Hoon oppa and Byul’s wedding? We’re both best man and bridesmaid.”

“I think I’ll be fine before the wedding.”

“Yeay! You should! Or I’ll carry you to the wedding.”

“Ahahaha…how about you carry me to the bedroom??”

Ji-hyo pinch Jong Kook’s hand under the jacket really hard. Jong Kook tries his best not to scream but then his face looks funny while he tries to endure the pain.

“Are you okay sir?” One of the stewardess asked.

“Err….yess!!”

“Owh....coz you look like you’re in pain…”

“Err…just a little bit…erm…do you have any sedative??”

“Sedative?”

“Yes! Coz this lady here needs to sleep, but she can’t get any..so maybe sleeping pill or sedative will do…”

“Sorry sir, we don’t have that..”

Ji-hyo is already smiling. But she’s still pinching Jong Kook’s arm and Jong Kook still try to control his pain.

“Or…do you have…a nail clipper?”

Ji-hyo burst out laughing. She cannot control it anymore.

“Do you need a nail clipper sir? I’ll get it for you…”

When the stewardess left, Ji-hyo let go of Jong Kook’s hand and continue to laughs.

“Ahahahahaha….nail clipper?? Really, oppa?”

“Well, someone needs to stop being a crab. Or all of my skin will peel off.”

“Ahahahha….you are funny, you know that?”

“I think we both know that…hehe…Ji-hyo ah…We need to start planning our wedding…I’m afraid I can’t wait any longer..”

“Awww….We’ll find sometimes to sit and discuss it properly, okay jagiya? Don’t worry.”