Chapter 45

Beautiful Secret

 

It has been few weeks since they came back from Vietnam. Jong Kook already recovers from his injury. And today is the big day for Haha and Byul. It’s their wedding day. But they did not follow the traditional Korean wedding. They do it in their own way. Well, they are a funky couple after all.

Ji-hyo had been with Byul since the night before the wedding, so did Jong Kook with Haha. But they have been texting each other from time to time.

“Ah unnie…how can you be more beautiful than me? You’re gonna steal the limelight….” Byul said to Ji-hyo once Ji-hyo is ready in her dress.

“Aissh, Byul ah…that’s too much I think. Of course you’re more beautiful than me. Don’t look down on yourself.”

“Seriously unnie…I shouldn’t have cut my hair..It makes me look weird with the short hair.”

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Dong Hoon oppa loves you for who you are. Not for your hair.”

“Ahhh unnie…but you look so lovely…everyone will be looking at you…”

“Stop it, Byul ah! Then do you want me to change into jeans?” Ji-hyo said jokingly.

“Ahahahah….a-niyo..I just need to make-up prettier than you..hehe…”

“Aish, this kid…”

Suddenly Ji-hyo receive a call, from non-other than her fiancé Kim Jong Kook.

“Excuse me…I need to answer this call…” Ji-hyo excuse herself.

“Yeah! Must be your loved one..”

 

Ji-hyo walks out from the dressing room and sit at the sofa outside.

“Yeoboseyo!”

“Hurmm….Hi, love! I miss you already…” Jong Kook started with his cheesy words.

“Chih! Weren’t you supposed to be busy calming Mr Shorty Dong Hoon? Kekeke…”

“Ahahaha…if only he hear you call him that, he’ll chase you out….”

“Hihi…He will not do that on his big day…”

“Yeah…He’s really nervous…But to control himself, he’s being crazy inside. So I left him with Jae-suk hyung, Gary and others. Heheh…”

“Owh…you’re bad…Can they handle Dong Hoon oppa’s craziness?”

“Jae-suk hyung should know how to handle it. Coz he’s crazy also…hehehe….Love, watcha doing?”

“Erm…before you called, I’m waiting for Byul to get ready. She’s beautiful. But she has a little bit low self-confidence today.”

“Owh really? Wae?”

“I don’t know what’s got into her. But she said I look more beautiful than her, I will steal the limelight and so on. Which is definitely not…”

“Hurm…makes me wanna go and find you now…I just wanna have you for myself before everyone else see you…”

“Aishhhh! Don’t be another crazy one….you’ll see me when the time comes…”

“Anyway, what did you wear? I mean, I know it’s the same colour as mine. But I hope it’s not something y….and exposing too much of your body…”

“Ahahaha…you and your jealousy…Well you have got to wait and see then…”

“Hurm…babe, don’t you miss me?”

“Do I need to answer that?”

“Yessss…coz right now I feel like I wanna kidnap you and go somewhere else….”

“Yahh!! You think I’m a chicken or what? Hahah…I miss you jagiya…I wish I’m in your arms right now…I wish it’s our wedding day today….”

“Eherm…say that again…”

“Ahahahah….No way! I think something wrong with your hormones today. I better go now.”

“Wait! You wanna hang up?”

“Yes, darling. Byul has been calling me. We’ll spend times after all this okay? I love you!”

“I love you…Don’t try to seduce other people when you walk down later,” Jong Kook warned Ji-hyo jokingly.

“I’ll try….hahah!”

“Yahh!! You better not!”

“Goodbye, jagiya!”

After hang up, Ji-hyo get back to Byul.

 

When the time arrives, Ji-hyo and Byul get ready to walk down the aisle. Byul seems nervous but her beauty still shines thru her face. With Ji-hyo being with her, she’s a little bit calm.

Ji-hyo walks to the aisle first before Byul, while Haha and Jong Kook is already waiting over there. When Ji-hyo enters, you can hear many whispers and “Awww” sounds from the guests. Many were startled with Ji-hyo’s beauty.

The closer Ji-hyo gets to Jong Kook, the more nervous she felt. Especially when Jong Kook didn’t let go of his eyes from Ji-hyo even for a second.

“Eherm….I hope everyone knows that this is my wedding….not yours and Ji-hyo’s…” Haha whispers to Jong Kook, making him smile shyly. “Owh…and please cover your amazement…It’s too obvious that you wanna jump on her…”

“Ahahah…yah Dong Hoon….How can your wife choose this y dress for Ji-hyo? Everybody is now agape,” Jong Kook talk slowly to Haha.

“Well, I think you’ll have to deal with your fiancé later on. Anyway, it’s girl thing…you know they will try their best to impress us…”

“Yepp! That, I agree..”

 When Ji-hyo stand opposite Jong Kook, Jong Kook secretly wink to Ji-hyo, making her blushed.

And then comes Byul and her dad, walking to the groom.

 

And there you go. After an hour of the ceremony, Haha and Byul are now husband and wife. Everybody are cheering and clapping for them. Then everyone proceed to the ballroom for the reception. Ji-hyo and Jong Kook walk together behind Haha and Byul. But Jong Kook finds a chance to whisper to Ji-hyo, “You look stunning…and y….and daring….Wait until we go back….” Ji-hyo laugh softly hearing Jong Kook’s words.

 

At the reception, the party goes on. Everyone enjoy their selves. They were singing, dancing, toasting and eating. Reporters were everywhere at the reception. But Jong Kook and Ji-hyo doesn’t plan to hide from them. They just enjoy themselves. At some point, when Jong Kook were chatting and laughing with Ji-hyo, some reporters came by to interview them. Of course they were curious about the relationship of Ji-hyo and Jong Kook now.

“Song Ji-hyo-ssi, you look very happy now compared to previous months. May we assume that you’re in love again…with Kim Jong Kook perhaps?” The first reporters ask.

“Ahahaha…Erm…Yes I’m happy…It’s a big day for one of my close friend, how can I not be happy. But I don’t think your assumption has got anything related to it.”

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, what about you? You look happy as well. Were you two back together now?” Another reporter asks Jong Kook.

“Erm…Whether we are together or not, we’re still friends. And we’re very close to each other. When we are at a celebration like this, gathering among all our friends, who had been busy all this time, of course we’re happy.”

“But it seems like you are just spending time with each other, not with your other friends. You both really look like you’re still in love. Why don’t you just admit rather than hiding it? I’m sure your fans will be happy with the news.”

“Ahahahah…We wish we have something to share, but sorry….We don’t have any story for now. If later on we have some news, we will announce it. But not at the moment.”

Ji-hyo look proudly to Jong Kook. Jong Kook is very confident answering all questions.

“Song Ji-hyo-ssi, I notice now you’re wearing a ring which was not there before this. Could it be a special person had given you the ring and that is the factor you’re happy? Are we gonna hear wedding bells after this?”

“Ahahahah…Wow…If you’re talking about this ring, yes this ring makes me happy. It’s a promise ring to myself. For me to promise myself to be strong, to be confident and to love myself before others. With this ring, I’m always happy.”

“Who was it from? Kim Jong Kook-ssi, was it from you? You don’t seem shocked with the ring.” One of the reporters shouted.

“Erm…If the ring can make Ji-hyo happy, why should I bother who was it from. The most important for me is Ji-hyo’s happiness. Even if that means with somebody else, I will still be happy for her.”

(Ahh jagiya…sweet words…you know you can’t handle your jealousy..ekeke...) Ji-hyo looks cynically to Jong Kook with smile.

“Aih…It looks like both of you were trying to avoid answering our questions about your relationship. Song Ji-hyo-ssi, couldn’t we get any hint about the giver of the ring?”

“Ahahahaha…I think it’s not good to be too exposed about myself. I would like to keep some story only for myself. But I promise when there’s bigger news, I will share it with everyone.”

“Hurm…okay then…We’ll wait patiently. Can we get a photo of both of you? Give us the happy face.”

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo stands for the picture. But many reporters ask them to get closer. Jong Kook simply grab Ji-hyo’s waist from behind and pose romantically making Ji-hyo’s surprised.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook-ssi, that doesn’t seem like a friendly pose. That’s a couple pose…Come on! Tell us the truth!”

“What? This is how I pose with my friend. And you want us to give a happy face, romantic pose, so this is what I’m giving you.” Jong Kook laughs with his own statement, joined by Ji-hyo.

 

After the wedding, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook spend their night together at Ji-hyo’s house. They love to spend times at Ji-hyo’s because Ji-hyo lives alone while Jong Kook lives with Gap Jin. So there’ll be more privacy at Ji-hyo’s house.

“No wonder Byul are jealous of you…You look stunning, love….”

“Ahahahah..stop it! I’m blushing.” Ji-hyo feeling shy with Jong Kook’s compliment.

“But……..I don’t like it……that I have to share your beauty with everyone else. This y body of yours should only be mine. Why did you choose this dress? Did you saw the way they stare at you? Some of them look like they wanna eat you!” Jong Kook starts running his hand behind Ji-hyo’s neck and .

“Aishh, jagiya! This dress was chosen by Byul. How can I simply pick my taste? Anyway this is a beautiful dress. You should be proud you have a beautiful fiancé. Hehe…”

“I am proud…but you make me hungry…………………..…and ……hahah……...”

“Yahhh pabo!! Control yourself! Hahah…..”

“Fine, ahjumma!!”

“Yahh!” Ji-hyo tries to hit Jong Kook but Jong Kook already run away.

“Ahahahah…Babe, you better not spoil your dress. If I get to hold you, then I’ll be ripping your dress. So, stop chasing me….” Jong Kook warned. Ji-hyo actually stops, afraid that Jong Kook will do as he said.

When Ji-hyo walks to her bedroom to change, Jong Kook received an sms from Ji-eun, saying she’s in front of Ji-hyo’s house. She wants to meet Jong Kook personally, without her sister knowing it. She seems like she has some personal problems. Jong Kook only tells Ji-hyo that he’s going out for few minutes, making Ji-hyo wondering where he’s going at night like that.

 

Actually Jong Kook just stay in Ji-eun’s car, a little bit far from Ji-hyo’s house, listening to her problems while she’s crying. Ji-eun is already like a sister to Jong Kook. She’s always crazy, fun and enjoyable. But when she’s crying, that means she’s really heartbroken and can’t handle her emotion. Therefore Jong Kook is willing to lend his ears to listen to her or even a shoulder to cry on.

The moment Jong Kook step out of the car, Ji-hyo’s already standing in front of him. Looking at her shocked face, he knew she saw Ji-eun crying on his shoulder. She must have seen him comforting Ji-eun.

“Ji-hyo ah…listen to me first…” Jong Kook asking for a chance to explain.

Ji-eun came out of the car when she saw the upset face of her sister.

“Unnie, don’t misunderstand first. I’m just looking for some advice from Jong Kook oppa, and I have some problems that only he knew. That’s why I’m looking for him…”

“Ji-hyo ah….”

After being quiet for few minutes, Ji-hyo started to speak.

“I don’t know what I should believe…your lies, or my own eyes…”

“Unnie….We did not lie to you…”

“Ji-eun ah…If you really have problems, why aren’t you looking for me? Why looking for Jong Kook oppa?”

“Because…it is something related to Jong Kook oppa…It’s about the person that he introduced to me...”

“Owh…So now you both shared some secrets behind my back…If before this, I keep telling myself that you both were just pretending to be a couple to make me jealous….to make me come back to Jong Kook oppa….but maybe, there’s something else going on between you two..Or maybe, the love that you both had is no longer pretentious, but real…”

“Ji-hyo ah, stop your silly accusation….” Jong Kook said.

“What silly accusation?? What else should I be thinking? If you saw me doing the same like Ji-eun to another guy, can you really think there’s nothing going on between me and that guy?”

“But unnie….”

“Ji-eun ah….if you want him so bad, you can have him….”

And that word really makes Jong Kook blows up.

“She is your sister for goodness sake!! If I ever think of choosing her, than you…I will never…come back to you….Song Ji-hyo!!!!”

Jong Kook walks away and enter Ji-hyo’s house, pack his things to leave. Normally he’s just upset with Ji-hyo, but tonight, he’s totally angry with her accusation.

“Unnie….please open your mind…Do you think that I would do this to you? Do you really think I’ll stab you from behind? Then what for I go thru all the trouble only to get you and Jong Kook oppa back together? Please, unnie…before you lost him for good…”

Ji-hyo started to realize Ji-eun’s words with tears running down her cheeks. Ji-eun grab both Ji-hyo’s shoulder, making her lift up her chin.

“Unnie, I promise I will tell you everything about tonight. But I think, you need to stop Jong Kook oppa from leaving. Go!”

 

Ji-hyo run back to her house. When she enter, Jong Kook is about to leave. She quickly hugs him making him stumble back a little bit.

“I’m sorry….mianhae…..I’m sorry, jagiya…”

Jong Kook stands still, not even hugging Ji-hyo back, like he always does. Ji-hyo look up to Jong Kook, but Jong Kook try looking elsewhere than Ji-hyo.

“Jagiya….please…I’m sorry….I shouldn’t have doubt you…or Ji-eun..I’m sorry….I’m so sorry…”

Jong Kook still being silent.

“Jagiya, please….say something…”

“Have you come to your sense now?” Jong Kook asks, emotionless.

“Yes! Yes! I’m sorry…for all my words…I’m sorry, jagiya…”

Ji-hyo hugs tightly and starts crying on Jong Kook’s chest. Jong Kook melted with Ji-hyo’s tears. Slowly his hands hug Ji-hyo and rub her back.

“Well,..your accusation did hurt me, Ji-hyo ah….Do I look like someone who cheats behind your back? Do I look like someone who’s willing to ruin your sisterhood? And then you simply pass me to Ji-eun…if she wanna have me…what am I to you?”

“I know! I know! I’ve said all the wrong things. I’m sorry, jagiya….Please!”

“Have you ever trust me all this while?”

“Yess! Of course I trust you!! Please forgive me, jagiya. I’m in my blurry mode at that time….”

“Maybe…we should not spend our night together tonight….”

“No! No! Please stay! Please! I’ll do anything for you…as long you forgive me..”

Jong Kook cannot be angry with Ji-hyo for too long. He’s totally weak when it comes to Ji-hyo. Jong Kook removes Ji-hyo’s hands from his waist and place it to his neck. Then he hugs Ji-hyo’s waist and bring her closer.

“Do you love me?” Jong Kook asks softly, in a hoarse voice.

“Yes!! Of course I love you….”

“Prove it……”

At first Ji-hyo didn’t get what Jong Kook means. But when Jong Kook just stares deeply into her eyes, she slowly pulls Jong Kook’s neck and kisses his lips, transferring all her love.

When she breaks the kiss, Jong Kook looks puzzle.

“Is that enough as my proof?”

“Hurm…..try again…..”

Ji-hyo kiss him again, this time passionately. When she sense that Jong Kook is smiling, she simply bite his bottom lip.

“Argghhh!!”

Ji-hyo giggles lightly.

“What is that for?”

“As my proof of love…..hehehe….”

“You are so….unpredictable…but that’s the beauty of you….”

“Jagiya…do you forgive me?”

“Can I not forgive you? You know I’m weak when it comes to you….”

“But you are really angry with me just now…I’ve never seen you like that…You scared me…”

“Yes I am angry…coz you don’t trust me…and you don’t trust your sister….and added to that, you simply wanna pass me to her…”

“Okay! Okay! I said, I’m sorry…Don’t remind me of that…You know me…People don’t call me Miss Blank for no reason right? Huhu..”

“Fine….just don’t do that again….I don’t mind you being blank, or blur,…but never have doubts on my love for you…”

“Yeah,….ahjussi!”

“Mwuh?? Hahahah…..naughty girl…..”

Jong Kook hugs Ji-hyo tightly before they both go to bed.

 

 

 

THE BRIDESMAID DRESS AND BEST MAN SUIT