Chapter 34

Beautiful Secret

 

It was a harsh decision, Ji-hyo knew it. But it was a decision that she should take for the best of Jong Kook and probably everyone. She feels dirty, humiliated, when the pictures of her making love scene in a movie were being exposed. She cannot turn back time, so the least she can do is to make sure she doesn’t spoil anyone else name.

When Ji-eun enter Ji-hyo’s room, she’s surprise to find her sister sitting on the floor with her head lying on the bed.

“Owh….unnie…..” Ji-eun approach softly.

She saw Ji-hyo’s eyes were wet. Ji-hyo looks up to her sister blankly and then lie her head again. Ji-eun comes and joins her sister on the floor.

“I saw Jong Kook oppa outside. He doesn’t look good…and you don’t look good either. I assume you have told him your decision, unnie?”

Ji-hyo starts to sob again.

“Wae, unnie? Why are you doing this when you both are suffering? Why bother what people said about you two?”

“Ji-eun ah…I don’t wanna talk about it anymore….Anyway I did this for his best..He will realize it one day and be thankful…for not ending up with someone like me….” Ji-hyo’s cry gets harder.

“For his best? Did you saw what you did to him, unnie? He’s like a walking corpse. His face turns pale and blank.”

Ji-hyo didn’t answer anything to Ji-eun.

“Unnie, Jong Kook oppa is a very good guy. He’s willing to forget whatever mistakes you made for as long as you let him be with you. He didn’t want you to go thru this alone. Please….let him be by your side. You will be much stronger, unnie.”

Ji-hyo then tell her sister, “Let’s not talk about him anymore after this. Our relationship is over.”

“Just like that?? Right after your honeymoon, you choose to end up everything?”

“Ji-eun, stop it! This is not easy for me either.”

“You know what unnie, I wanna be sorry for you. But with you making cruel decision for your loved ones, I am sorry for Jong Kook oppa more than you.”

“That’s enough! If you love him so much, go and stand by him!!”

Ji-hyo burst in anger. Ji-eun look at her sister in silent, before starts to walk to the door. But before she left, she turn to her sister.

“Just for you to know unnie…although you’ve hurt Jong Kook oppa, he still asks me to take a good care of you….and he wants you to know that he loves you so much…..”

Then Ji-eun left, leaving her sister cringe in devastation.

 

Jong Kook wake up the next day surprised to see Jae-suk in his room.

“Hyung, what are you doing here early morning??”

“Morning? Yahhhh….how can you know morning or night when you’re locking yourself in this dark room? It’s already lunch time. Come on! Clean yourself and let’s go for lunch, my treat.”

“It’s already afternoon? Did I really sleep for that long?”

“Looking at your condition right now, you don’t even realized you’re alive….your mind is flying everywhere this few days.”

Jong Kook massages his neck trying to absorb what Jae-suk said.

“What are you waiting for? Go and take a bath. We’ve got all day to chat. I’m reserving today just to spend times with you. My family even understands your situation right now.”

“Owh, hyung. You really don’t have to do that. I am fine. Really!”

“Aishh…I still wanna spend times with you…I miss you, you know??”

“Euwww….hyung, you don’t have any weird feelings towards me right?”

“Yahh!! You’re not even my taste if I choose to be gay!!”

“Hahaha……but hyung, can we just order for takeout and have it here? I don’t think I’m ready to be stare by people.”

“Fine!!! As you wish! Gaja!!”

 

After Jong Kook has change his clothes, he went to the tv room to find Yoo Jae-suk. He is watching the entertainment news and the news about Ji-hyo had been highlighted. When Jae-suk realize Jong Kook comes in, he quickly switch channel.

“Hyung, it’s okay. You don’t have to switch channel.”

“Owh?? You’re okay?”

“Okay or not what else can I do? She has made her decision.”

“Ya..I’m surprise when Gap Jin informed me about it. I thought she just need time to be alone. I never thought she wanna break up with you. Especially after you guys had fun in Maldives. Haha said you guys look like you can’t be separated anymore.”

“Huh…who knows she can change in a second..”

“But all of us now how sad she is with everything that happened. Maybe this is the only solution she can think of.”

“I just cannot understand the way she thinks. She said she’s too ashamed with her mistakes. I told her I did not look at those pictures. But she still asks for a breakup. I really don’t understand.”

“Hurm…just let her be alone for a while. Maybe you both can be together again after this issue cool down.”

“I don’t know. I’m tired to think.”

Jong Kook seems fed up to talk about Ji-hyo. He is tired.

 

Ji-hyo search thru her mobile and found the video that Jong Kook left her at Maldives. That’s all she has besides their vacation pictures to cure her yearning at her boyfriend.

“Hello, love! Did you miss me? You should be isn’t it? If not you won’t view this video right? Hehe….erm, I wanna thank you for coming into my life. You make me crazy about you, crazy of loving you. No words could express my happiness right now. Aihhh…I’m not good with words, dear. But I have a song for you……erm…….♫♫ I can’t finish the story about her in one day, she’s more beautiful than anybody else….She so lovely, and I can’t help loving her,..I want to hug her all day long ♫♫…..ahh I can’t go on anymore..It makes me missing you more…Anyway, I just want you to always remember, that I love you so much…never ever have doubts about it…okay? Saranghae, babe! Take care. Mmmuahhh!!”

Ji-hyo curls up herself on the bed, missing her boyfriend so much. (Oppa, only God knows how much I want to be with you, missing you. But……I couldn’t be selfish anymore….you are a good guy, you deserve someone better…I can’t stain you with my dirt…although right now I’m painfully longing for you…It hurt deeply, oppa…But I guess, this is the price that I should pay, for my mistake….I’m sorry….I wish you the best in your life…and love…)

Ji-hyo then receive a call from Chang Joo, telling her they need to attend urgent meeting with all involved in the movie.

 

On the way to the meeting, Chang Joo starts to talk to Ji-hyo.

“Your mom said Jong Kook came to see you. So you two are okay now?”

Ji-hyo didn’t answer and look out to the window.

“Ji-hyo ah…how long do you want to torture yourself? This is not you…Song Ji-hyo who I know is someone who will fight for her happiness.”

“Oppa…..I have break up with Kim Jong Kook….so don’t ask me more…….” Ji-hyo answered emotionless.

“What?? But why?? You both deserve to be happy. Ji-hyo ah, he’s the best man that could come into your life. I never saw you that happy than when you’re with him.”

Ji-hyo did not answer and close her eyes. She’s tired to explain why she made such decision. Chang Joo then just leaves Ji-hyo with her dream world.

 

A press conference for the team especially the main casts will be set up in a few days as a result of the meeting due to a press statement from the government regarding the movie.

The press statement stated, “Ssaranghwajeomio is suppose to be a historical film during Goryeo Dynasty and is loosely based on the reign of Gongmin of Goryeo (1330–1374). However, the production team of the movie does not strictly comply with historical facts and this turn out to be a controversial story especially when the intimate scene had been highlighted too much. We have banned the movie from being published not because someone thinks it is like a movie. It was never a movie. But, we feel that this will insult the history and maybe the minority that still exist and we did not want future generations to get the wrong idea of the history. Therefore we have decided to banned the movie even from entering Korea. As such, whoever that keeps a copy of the movie is illegal and will be facing the government. Thank you.”

With the press statement, the production team feels a little bit relieved that at least it was stated Ssaranghwajeomio is not a movie. But for Ji-hyo, she still has to face some humiliation during the press conference because everyone had been pointing fingers to her and not other casts, probably because she’s a woman.

 

Since the break up with Kim Jong Kook, Ji-hyo is now working closely with Baek Chang Joo especially when the date for the press conference is getting near. Some reporters had started new gossip asking if Baek Chang Joo is now Ji-hyo’s new boyfriend since Kim Jong Kook is hardly being seen around Ji-hyo anymore.

When Jong Kook read all the gossips about Ji-hyo and Baek Chang Joo, he feels like he’s going to explode. He tries not to believe the rumors but half of his mind would like to believe that the rumors are true, especially when Ji-hyo has change her mobile number and Chang Joo hardly reply any text or answer calls from Jong Kook. And when Jong Kook thinks about Chang Joo having crush for Ji-hyo, he’s more confident that the rumors could be true.

 

It takes almost a week before the press conference being held. Ji-hyo still remembers the PC that she and Jong Kook attend to announces their relationship. She is now regretful that she gave the idea to Jong Kook to make public know about them cause what happened to her now could be as a result of the announcement. But things had happened. No matter how she cries, she cannot turn back time.

During the PC, Ji-hyo for the first time face the press since the incident.

“Hello everyone. I know everyone had been looking for me after the pictures of me and Zo In-sung-ssi being published on the internet. I’m not running away, but I just need one specific time, like today, to properly deal with everyone, answering your questions. Frankly, this is not something that I could easily deal with, since it’s involving everyone close to me especially my family. But, I know sooner or later, I will have to come out and clean my own name.” Ji-hyo stops for a while, to control her tears from running down, before continue again. “I would like to personally apologize to everyone who feels insulted and offended with my act, during my teenage years. I would like to apologize especially to my family, to those around me, to those who are close to me, to those who loves me a lot, and who I love the most. To my fans and supporters, I’m sorry to disappoint all of you. But I beg to be given a chance to start a new life. Without the support from all of you, I will be nothing……..I’m sorry again,….Thank you…...”

When Ji-hyo put down the microphone, her co-actor Zo In-sung comforted her, knowing that she has been holding her sadness during her speech. All flashes and cameras starting to focus on both Ji-hyo and Zo In-sung when Zo In-sung rub behind Ji-hyo’s back.

 

After the press conference, reporters surrounded Ji-hyo to ask about her relationship with Kim Jong Kook. Baek Chang Joo who stands by her side is also being questioned about the rumors between him and Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo-ssi, we did not see Kim Jong Kook around today, or even during your tough time dealing with this issue. Can you tell us what happened between the two of you? Are you two still together?” a reporter asked.

“……….Erm………Me and Kim Jong Kook……have decided to go on our separate ways….for the best of us……..”

Everyone is surprised to hear the statement from Ji-hyo and start talking to each other.

“Owh, Ji-hyo-ssi…does this mean that he doesn’t want to continue the relationship, once he learn about your involvement with the movie?”

“A-ni! He had stood by my side during this harsh moment…..but……….when thinking about the future, we feel it is better if we both focus on our career first.”

“But you have just announced your relationship to the public few weeks ago…and you both seem very lovely, and couldn’t be separated. Why suddenly talking about focusing on career? Can’t you do that while you’re together? Out of focus is it?” Another reporter asks, creating laughs on others when talking about out of focus.

“That’s not it. We……we just had to go on our separate ways now....maybe we’re not meant to be together at the moment.”

“Baek Chang Joo-ssi, you seem to be really close with Ji-hyo-ssi lately. Could it be the rumors about both of you falling in love is true, since Ji-hyo has break up with Kim Jong Kook? But there’s also rumors stated that you have link with gangsters and you had been jailed before, which many suggested that you’re not suitable for Ji-hyo, compared to Kim Jong Kook or Gary.”

“Wow….this is too much for one day……ermm,…well, if all the rumors about me being link with gangsters and being jailed should take into consideration, I think I’m the most suitable person to be with Ji-hyo, don’t you think so? Coz Ji-hyo is also a gangster behind the camera. She’s always bullying me to get what she wants.”

Everyone laughs. Chang Joo then continues, “But sorry to upset everyone, we’re not together more than for a professional reason. In the future, we never know. But if you’re talking about right now, I don’t think Ji-hyo has any space for me yet.”

“Ahahahah…yes, I can only confirm that Baek Chang Joo oppa has been the closest male to me right now, but because he is my manager. If related to personal feelings, I don’t think so at the moment.”

Baek Chang Joo look hurt with the statement, but still cover up.

 

When Jong Kook read the news about Ji-hyo and her manager the next day, he cannot hold himself anymore. Reading the article title “Ji-hyo let go of Jong Kook for her manager” and “The secret between Ji-hyo and her manager” really test his patient. He tries very hard not to get involve with Ji-hyo anymore but he cannot lie to himself that he still loves her so much.

Baek Chang Joo sends Ji-hyo back to her own house after she complete the first day of her shooting for “The Fugitive of Joseon”. Just as he wait for Ji-hyo to open her entrance door, someone pull his collar shirt from behind harshly. When they both turn around, they were surprised to see Kim Jong Kook in anger and before they get to speak a word, Jong Kook already punch Chang Joo’s face which makes him fall to the ground.

“Oppaaaaa!!!” Ji-hyo scream.

But Jong Kook pick up Chang Joo again and now hit his stomach. Chang Joo couldn’t fight back since he’s already in pain.

“Opppaa, stop it!!! Opppaaa!!!” Ji-hyo shouted while hitting Jong Kook, asking to release Baek Chang Joo.

Jong Kook couldn’t hear anything since he’s fully controlled by his anger. Until Ji-hyo slap his face to make him awake, then only he stop hitting Baek Chang Joo and catch his breath.

Ji-hyo quickly helps Baek Chang Joo to sit up and look at his face, before turning angrily to Jong Kook.

“What is your problem, Kim Jong Kook?? If you’re angry with me, deal with me!! Don’t hand it over someone else!!!!” Ji-hyo shouted to Jong Kook but her voice sounds shaky, maybe because she’s too angry and sad at the same time.

“You…of all people…that I trust to be with Ji-hyo when I’m not with her, hyung. But how can you take advantage of our problems for your personal crush on her?? Tell me……now……are you acting as her manager,…..or as her boyfriend??”

“What are you talking about?? Chang Joo oppa is my manager, and our relation is obviously professional. Of course we’re close because he’s been helping me to deal with my problems, but that has nothing to do with personal interest.”

“You are always blank, Ji-hyo. I’m not sure he saw you as someone he works with. I bet you don’t have a clue about it.”

“This is crazy. You are making crazy assumptions now, oppa. I’m sorry if you’re angry with our break up, but stop making stupid stories like this.”

“I can never be angry with you, Ji-hyo. But I’m totally upset. I should have known from the beginning that you may as well have feelings with your Mr Manager, that’s why you choose to be with him rather than me in these tough moments. You’ve been together for a long time, how can you not have any feelings towards each other right? Stupid me!”

“Oppa, stop it!! Stop your crazy accusations!!”

“I thought I still have hopes of getting you back, Ji-hyo. But now I know I’m wasting my time. You will never come back to me. You will never accept me again. You never want me…..anymore…coz there’s always him in you, your savior right?...….Well, I wish you both….all the best…and have a happy life…you two fits perfectly to each other.”

For the first time Jong Kook cries hard in front of Ji-hyo. After he calm a little bit, he continue, “But Song Ji-hyo,……even if you hates me now…..even if you have no feelings towards me anymore…..please let me love you secretly…..all by myself…………………coz you’re the beautiful secret…………………….I ever had….”

Ji-hyo couldn’t take it anymore and start sobbing. Her eyes are getting swollen really fast.

“Oppa, that’s not true….you know I still love you……”

“Ssyhhh…don’t!!”

Jong Kook stands in front of Ji-hyo looking directly into her eyes and hold her cheeks with both his hands, wiping her tears with his thumb. “Goodbye, Cheon Seong-im………..” Jong Kook said in whisper then walks on and never look back.  

Ji-hyo falls down on her knees and cry as hard as she can. Chang Joo holds her shoulder and try to lift her up but she refuse him from touching her.

“Is that true, oppa? Did you have feelings towards me all this while??”

“Ji-hyo…I….I…..”

“Oppa,……I need to be alone now…..and I’m sorry for what Jong Kook did to you…”

“It’s okay…I understand…you take care okay…”

Chang Joo walks out slowly to his car since he’s in pain, and Ji-hyo enters her house.

 

 

I CREATE THIS VIDEO CLIP ESPECIALLY FOR THIS CHAPTER. ANOTHER SAD SONG FROM KIM JONG KOOK. THE LYRICS MAY NOT RELATED 100% BUT I JUST LOVE THE SONG. ENJOY!

THE PARTING YOU WANT - KIM JONG KOOK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGMwcMsXaE&feature=youtu.be