Chapter 24

Beautiful Secret

It’s been the second day of Running Man shooting in a week. But Ji-hyo has yet forgiven Jong Kook or speaks to him. Jong Kook as usual refers to his advisor Jae-suk and Haha on how to make Ji-hyo speak to him again.

“I tell you what. If there is a female guest, you get close to them. Ji-hyo is the queen of jealousy. I’m sure she wouldn’t allow you to flirt around with the female guest. She will keep you under guard,” Jae-suk suggests.

“Don’t you think that’s pretty risky, hyung? It could turn out that she’s getting angrier at me.”

“Noooo….I’m sure she couldn’t help herself seeing you with other women. She loves you that much; she won’t allow other females to be close to you.”

“That could work Jong Kook hyung. If not, let’s ask her to have a coffee chat after the shooting. We’ll force her to sit next to you, and you can try to work things out. I also have an announcement to make later.”

“Well….I guess I should try both your suggestions…wish me luck…”

Just before the shooting starts, Ji-hyo arrived in a very stunning red shirt with black tight jeans and high heels. Jong Kook couldn’t hide his stunning expression and couldn’t let go his eyes from looking at Ji-hyo. When Ji-hyo walks to the set, Jong Kook slowly approach her from behind.

“Why are you overly dressed today, darl? Trying to impress anyone?” Jong Kook feeling uneasy when thinking Ji-hyo purposely dress up to impress the male guest, if any.

Ji-hyo suddenly stops and looks at Jong Kook. “Even if that’s my intention, it’s none of your business. As far as I’m concern, I don’t need to answer to anyone.” Ji-hyo then leaves Jong Kook. Jong Kook is a little bit hurt with the statement, but he knows Ji-hyo is just angry and didn’t mean whatever she said.

 

The show starts with Gary apologizing for his statement to quit all variety show which include the Running Man. Jong Kook is happy that things work out pretty well for him and Gary after the accident. Then Jae-suk invites the guest to appear.

The guest for today’s episode is Moon Geun Young, who happens to be the person that Jong Kook had admired before this. It makes it easier for Jong Kook to play his act since he likes her. From the beginning she appears, Jong Kook already shows his interest in her. He even confesses that he likes her. At the same time, Jong Kook secretly glances to see Ji-hyo’s reaction. It’s obvious that she’s upset. Jong Kook was hoping that Ji-hyo would say something to him. But she didn’t say a word until end of the shooting.

 

After the shooting, Haha approach Ji-hyo and ask her to join them having coffee chat, just as they had planned earlier.

“Ermm…Dong Hoon ah..I don’t think I can face ‘him’ right now. You guys go ahead and enjoy yourself hah..”

“Jong Kook won’t be around. He said he has other appointment. Please, Ji-hyo. I have an announcement to make.”

“Are you sure he won’t be around? Hurmm…maybe he has a date with Miss Moon ah…okay then. I’ll be there.”

“Okay. You need a ride?”

“Err….yeah I’ll come with you…”

 

Ji-hyo goes to the cafe with Haha. When entering the shop, she’s relieved not to find Jong Kook, although she’s also sad when imagining that Jong Kook could be dating Moon Geun Young at that time. Ji-hyo took place at the sofa seat in between Gary and Haha.

After they ordered, they started their chit chat and laughs among them. They may have been together on the set every week, but it’s hard for them to sit together like that and share their stories since everyone is busy with their own commitment.

Then come Jong Kook entering the café, which he looks directly to Ji-hyo and smiles. Ji-hyo’s surprise to see him, and started to feel uncomfortable.

“Thought you said he won’t come?” Ji-hyo whisper to Haha.

“He must have changed his mind..or maybe finished his appointment early. Just calm down.”

When Jong Kook reach their table, Gary automatically get up and let Jong Kook sit next to Ji-hyo. He’s back to the old Gary, being supportive as Jong Kook’s dongsaeng. Gary then grabs a chair and sit next to Jong Kook.

After greeting everyone, Jong Kook purposely pat Ji-hyo’s thigh which cause stern surprise to Ji-hyo and she looks at Jong Kook. But Jong Kook as always, acts like nothing happened. Ji-hyo tries to move a little bit from Jong Kook but Jong Kook grabs her hand underneath the table which causes another surprise to Ji-hyo. Jae-suk and Haha is already whispering and smiling to each other.

While they were chatting, Kwang Soo sense a weird action and expression between Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. He pretend to pickup something from the floor but to his surprise found out that Jong Kook is holding Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Hyung!!!” Kwang Soo close his mouth with his hand.

“What Kwang Soo? Found something interesting down there?” Jong Kook giving a hint. He knows Kwang Soo already saw what he did to Ji-hyo under the table.

“Yah Kwang Soo….what is it??” Suk Jin ask Kwang Soo. Basically only Kwang Soo and Suk Jin doesn’t know about Jong Kook and Ji-hyo being a couple.

“Err…I…err…Gary hyung….”

“What? Did you saw two become one?” Gary ask Kwang Soo without any expression.

“Two become one? What’s all this?” Suk Jin getting more confused.

“Ahahahah…Jong Kook ah…I think it’s about time you tell them..”

“Tell us what?” Kwang Soo starts to question Jae-suk.

“Kwang Soo ah…Suk Jin hyung….Me and Ji-hyo….we’re officially together…”

“A-ni!” Ji-hyo suddenly speak up. Jong Kook looking at her confusingly. But all Ji-hyo did was stuck out her tongue.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo…don’t make us more confused…” Suk Jin asking for clarification.

“We are together, hyung…” Jong Kook explained. “And as for you, we’ll settle our problems behind them later…” Jong Kook highlighted to Ji-hyo.

“Omo! But what about you, Gary hyung?” Kwang Soo asking in concern for Gary.

“Me? I’m good…I’ve decided to open my heart to other options. Beside, the female guests are always trying to woo me, but they thought I’m with Ji-hyo, so they back off. After this, I’m free…..yeehaaa!!”

Everyone’s happy to see Gary had finally overcome his frustration.

“Yahh Jong Kook ah…how can you keep this from us ah??” Suk Jin questioned again.

“Err…basically only you and Kwang Soo just found out…others already knew…” Jong Kook talk slowly, feeling guilty.

Suk Jin turns to Jae-suk who’s already smiling. “Yah!! You keep this from me??”

“Ahahahah…sorry Suk Jin ah…It’s not my story, so how can I simply tell you?”

“Aihhhh….Jong Kook ah…Ji-hyo…how can you do this to us? I thought we’re like a family…why did you hide it from us? And why only me and KwangSoo?” Suk Jin let out his frustration.

“Sorry, hyung. It was never meant to be like that. It just happened that one by one get to know about it. And now that we’ve decided to let the public know, I guess you should know as well. I’m so sorry…”

“Noona…you are quiet…Why don’t you say something?” Kwang Soo interfere.

“Mwuh? I leave it to Jong Kook oppa…”

“You look like you’ve been force to be with him. Did he force you, noona? I can rescue you if you want…” Kwang Soo starts his act.

Jong Kook quickly grab his collar shirt. “What did you say?”

“Arghhh!! Hyung, I’m joking! I’m sorry…” Kwang Soo try to release himself from Jong Kook.

Others were laughing looking at Kwang Soo being panicked.

“Just a note Kwang Soo ah…If you dare touch her, or betray her, or make her angry, you’ll face me ah..” Jong Kook let go of Kwang Soo after that.

“Yes, sir! I understand!” Kwang Soo quickly sit a little bit far from Jong Kook. Ji-hyo is already smiling, and it’s a good sign for Jong Kook. At least Ji-hyo show some response. But when Ji-hyo saw Jong Kook looking at her, her smile quickly fade. Despite that, her hand is still in Jong Kook’s grasp.

“Err….but please keep this to yourself first ya Kwang Soo, Suk Jin hyung. The PD’s ask us to hold the announcement until they give us green light. So I hope all of you can keep it to yourself till we tell the media.”

“Okay…I think that’s not hard, right Kwang Soo??” Jae-suk ask in smile.

“Aihh, hyung…why looking at me? Do you think I have that really big mouth??”

“Ahahahah…Kwang Soo ah, I think everybody knows….hahahah…”

KwangSoo pouted but still smiling. Then Haha make his announcement.

“Okay..I have an announcement to make…”

Everyone pay attention to Haha.

“Me and Byul, may have to postponed our wedding.”

“Oh my…why??” Everyone’s wondering.

“As you know, her father had been sick lately…and need to undergo an operation..in the States..so we’ve decided not to rush things, until his condition gets well..then only we’ll focus on our wedding.”

“Owh..that’ssad..how is she holding up?” Jong Kook being concern of Haha’s future wife.

“She’s okay. But I can see that she’s torn apart when she need to divide herself between her father’s condition and our wedding. That’s why I told her to focus on her dad first. It’s the least that I can do.”

“Ya..that’s for the best I think…well, we hope everything goes well for you and her..Do let us know if you need anything…” Jae-suk offered.

“Thanks, hyung…thanks to all of you…”

 

When they want to go back, Jae-suk agrees to send Jong Kook while Haha is going to send Ji-hyo home. But just when Ji-hyo is about to get into Haha’s car, Jong Kook grab her hand.

“Can I send you home?”

Ji-hyo frown in confuse cause all she knows she and Jong Kook did not have their transport at that time.

“I mean, you follow me and Jae-suk hyung to my house, and then I’ll take my car and send you home. Okay?”

“No thanks!”

“Erm….can I call you then?”

“No!”

Jong Kook look down with an upset expression. He thought they were okay since Ji-hyo had been laughing and smiling earlier.

“So I guess you’re still angry with me?”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, oppa….sleep early…”

And that sentence of care is enough to make Jong Kook smiles.

 

It’s been a back to back shooting for Running Man this week coz after this they will have a break for two weeks. Today they’ll shoot for another episode before their long break. The guests for today’s episode are Lee Jong Won, Son Byung Ho, Shin Jung Geun, Go Chang Suk and Im Ha Ryong. When all the guests were being introduced, Lee Jong Won couldn’t stop praising Ji-hyo for her beauty. Ji-hyo feels honored with the compliments but Jong Kook is irritated and jealous when other man praises his girlfriend.

The shoot goes on from early morning till it’s almost night. When it was down to only Jong Kook, Ji-hyo, Jae-suk and guest Im Ha Ryong, Jong Kook uses this opportunity to bring Ji-hyo away from Jae-suk’s team although he and Ji-hyo is not in the same team. He tries very hard to control himself from hugging or kissing Ji-hyo when they stop in front of the elevator.

(Ji-hyo ah…I missed you so much….)

And while Ji-hyo almost can read what’s on Jong Kook’s mind, she tries to act cute in front of Jong Kook, purposely want to seduce him and try to use her strategy to eliminate Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook knows Ji-hyo’s intention therefore he quickly grabs Ji-hyo’s hand before she can start to do anything.

When Jong Kook tries to prevent Ji-hyo from removing his tag, he uses that opportunity to hug Ji-hyo from behind and Ji-hyo couldn’t hide her smiles anymore. She knows exactly what Jong Kook is trying to do. She didn’t even use her full strength to fight or get away from Jong Kook because she also missed her boyfriend. Only when Jae-suk and his team appear they pretend to act naturally. After half an hour of battle, Jong Kook finally wins that episode.

When Jong Kook is on the way home, he receives a call from Baek Chang Joo.

“Yoboseyo, hyung! It’s quite surprise to receive your call,” Jong Kook answered while driving.

“Yes. I know you would least expected this call. Anyway, Jong Kook ah…I wanna ask you. What happened during the shooting today?”

“Owh? What do you mean what happened? It’s just a normal shooting as always.”

“Then how did she get the bruises on her wrist? Who did that to her?”

“Omo! She had bruises on her wrist? Ahhh shhhhoooott!! I’ll come over to see her, hyung.”

“Yes, please go and see her. Coz I need to rush somewhere else, and she refuse to go to the clinic. So, I leave it to you, okay? Please take care of her.”

“Sure, hyung. Thank you very much.”

Just after disconnected the line, Jong Kook make a U-turn and drives to Ji-hyo’s house. He may have held her wrist a little bit tight during the shooting but he never thought it could leave any bruises.

 

When Ji-hyo opens the door and found her boyfriend standing there, she’s totally surprise.

“Owh…Oppa, what are you doing here? Come in….”

Jong Kook follows Ji-hyo from behind and sit next to her on the couch. When Jong Kook saw the first aid kit on the table, he knew Ji-hyo is hurt. Quickly he grabs both Ji-hyo’s hand and kisses her palm.

“What are you doing, oppa?”

“I’m sorry, love. I’m so sorry that I hurt you….I’m sorry….”

“What do you mean?”

Jong Kook look at Ji-hyo while caress her wrist.

“I caused these bruises right?”

“Owh…it was nothing..No need to apologize..”

Jong Kook take the medicine oil on the table and rub it on Ji-hyo’s wrist.

“You should have told me, that I’m hurting you…”

“Jagiya…….I said I’m okay…maybe because of my pale skin, it’s easy to see the bruises…but it’s not that painful at all…trust me…”

Jong Kook smiles when Ji-hyo call him ‘jagiya’.

“Does this mean that you’re not angry with me anymore? You were calling me ‘jagiya’?”

“A-ni! I’m still mad at you.”

“Jinja?”

Jong Kook stares Ji-hyo till she turns away.

“Stop staring at me..”

Jong Kook then kneels on the floor and land his head on Ji-hyo’s lap. Frankly Ji-hyo is not mad anymore, but she just doesn’t want to be too easy to Jong Kook.

“Love, I’m sorry please…..” Jong Kook sound like a baby asking for his mother forgiveness.

Ji-hyo melted straight away. She brushes Jong Kook’s hair with full of loves, and that makes Jong Kook look at her.

“I know I’ve been hurting your feelings. I know you feel betrayed. But please believe me that I never have such intention towards you. Your trust is important to me, and our relationship. Please don’t hate me, love. Please don’t ignore me anymore.”

“Oppa, get up…..”

Jong Kook obeyed and sit back on the couch still holding Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Oppa…..yes I’m hurt….yes I feel betrayed….but I can never hate you….So don’t you ever think like that, if you’re still in love with me….”

“Yes! Yes I’m still in love with you…I won’t think like that anymore…So are we good now, love?”

Ji-hyo nodded. Jong Kook smiles and tries to kiss Ji-hyo’s lips. But Ji-hyo simply turn away making Jong Kook’s kiss landed on her cheek.

“Love…..”

“We are good..but that doesn’t mean that you can kiss my lips…” Ji-hyo started her teasing game. She missed being naughty with her boyfriend.

“Hmm….So does it mean I can kiss other places??” Now Jong Kook starts to feel naughty.

When Ji-hyo realize she has said wrongly, she quickly put her hand covering Jong Kook’s mouth. “That is not what I meant….you better not thinking dirty, Kim Jong Kook ah….”

But Jong Kook is too strong and push her till she lie down on the couch, with Jong Kook on top of her. “Yahh!! You better stop whatever you have in mind…..” Ji-hyo warned Jong Kook with her hand still on Jong Kook’s mouth.

Jong Kook using one hand, grab both Ji-hyo’s hand while he used his other hand to make him balance on top of Ji-hyo.

“Please, love….Can I kiss you?? I missed you badly…”

Ji-hyo feels her face blushed. It’s not like it’s the first time they are together like that. But somehow Ji-hyo feels a little bit awkward since they have been experiencing “silent moment” in their relationship.

When Jong Kook’s face suddenly became closer, Ji-hyo spoil it by saying “Love…did you know that you’re heavy???”

And Jong Kook seems a little bit disappointed with Ji-hyo’s act. He quickly sit up and lean back on the couch. When Ji-hyo notice that Jong Kook seems angry, she quickly try to persuade her boyfriend. But Jong Kook tries not to look at her.

“Oppa….”

No answer.

“Jagiya…..”

Still no answer.

“Love, I’m sorry…..”

Seeing Jong Kook have no response, Ji-hyo straddle on Jong Kook’s lap and put her hands behind Jong Kook’s neck. Jong Kook has no choice but to look at her.

“I’m sorry, okay love…It’s been a long time since I be naughty to you. I thought you missed that…I love you, jagiya.” Ji-hyo starts to kiss Jong Kook’s lips and Jong Kook response.

After they break their kisses for air, “I’m not exactly angry to you, love. I just pretend so that you’ll kiss me….hahah…gotcha!!”

“Mwuh rah goo? You, Kim Jong Kook………!!!!!”

Jong Kook quickly lock his lips on Ji-hyo before Ji-hyo started nagging at him and he push her back till she lie down again on the couch with Jong Kook on top of her.