Chapter 4

Beautiful Secret

 

Flight from Tokyo landed Incheon International Airport at 12 midnight. Kim Jong Kook went out of the departure hall with only one luggage. Well it was kind of rushing and sudden trip, luckily he still have valid visa to Tokyo. Jong Kook went straight to his pickup, waited outside the airport.

“Jae-suk hyung, how are you?”

“Yeahhh…Kim Jong Kook…what an act haa..suddenly missing from Korea.”

“Ahah…I’m not missing, hyung. I just went to pamper myself. It’s really tiring these days.”

“Yah! Yah! Lies all you want..”

“Ahahaha…thank you hyung for picking me up…but you really don’t need to do it, I can ask Gap Jin to fetch me.”

“It’s okay. As long it’s not 4:00am, and we don’t have shooting tomorrow. Also, I have things to discuss with you.”

“Hiyaaa…you sound like a father who wants to give your company to me..”

“Aiyah…did I sound too old for you? Anyway, I don’t know if you already heard this…but…Ji-hyo is getting married…”

“What?? You’re joking!!” Jong Kook is pretty shock with they news.

Jae-suk suddenly laughs. “Why are you so panicked? She means nothing to you right?”

Kim Jong Kook goes silent.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook, I’m just testing you…it’s clearly shown that you love her, Jong Kook. But why do you have to play the entire nonsense hide and seek?”

“I…I…hyung, I just don’t know how to explain to you.”

“You don’t have to explain to me..it’s your right to either keep it to yourself or tell anyone you trust. But, I believe Miss Mong has her right to get your explanation. Why are you suddenly mad at her? What could possibly be the reason you are angry with her? Cause everyone knows you’re the most gentleman to women.”

While Jong Kook still think of what to say, he notice the road is not the way to his house.

“Hyung, where are we going?”

“I’m sending you to be a man..”

“What?”

“I want you to deal with Ji-hyo tonight. The longer you put in on hold; it will become worst for both of you. And if you don’t quickly confess to her, I’m not surprise if you lost her. ”

“But Jae-suk hyung..it’s already late..it’s not nice to go to someone’s house at this time..and I haven’t showered, hyung…”

“Yahhh…already has the idea of hugging her is it??”

“My goodness…you really have fishy thoughts, hyung…aiihh…”

“Jong Kook ah, you’re like a brother to me. Though people think you’re tough, but I know that you’re a coward. You’re not the type of man who has the guts to confess to women. But, I can tell you that it’s worth if you confess to Ji-hyo. I’m not worried to let Ji-hyo be with you, because I know you’re the right person for her. I know you’ll take care of her, and protect her. So I’m giving my bless and support to both of you.”

“But Jae-suk hyung…it’s not that simple..Gary loves her too..and, Ji-hyo probably loves Gary too..so where do I stand between both of them?? Might as well I just back off and love her secretly..”

“Can you do that??”

“What?”

“Do you think you can love her secretly? Without expecting anything from her? Chih…if you really can deal with your own feelings, than you won’t be jealous when Ji-hyo’s with Gary, you won’t be angry with her for no reason.”

Jong Kook just keep quiet.

“Kim Jong Kook, stop thinking about sacrifice your own happiness for others. I know you have a good heart, but sometimes you just have to think and give priority to your own happiness.”

 

They’ve arrived at Ji-hyo’s house.

“Yah, Kim Jong Kook..trust me..you won’t regret this…good luck!”

Kim Jong Kook hug Jae-suk before he go to Ji-hyo’s house.

“Thank you, hyung…so much…”

“Yah…stop all the teary drama…ga! Ppaleun!”

Right when Jong Kook wants to close the door, “Yah, Kim Jong Kook..I shall receive your wedding invitation soon ahh..good luck!!”

Jae-suk laughs.

“Hyung, you are really exaggerating things..I’d be lucky if she even open the door…Good Nite, hyung..Drive carefully!”

And Jae-suk drives off.

 

Ting!

Ji-hyo’s surprised to see Kim Jong Kook at her doorbell monitor. She opened the door.

“Oppa….what are you doing here?? When did you come back??”

“Can I come in?”

Ji-hyo invites Kim Jong Kook into her house.

After handed a glass of fresh orange to Kim Jong Kook, Ji-hyo sit next to him.

“You don’t drink coffee..so this is all I have, to offer..” Ji-hyo starts her conversation.

“It’s okay…I didn’t come to drinks, anyway.”

And then both of them keep quiet.

“Oppa, if you’re coming all the way this far, only to be silent,…..then I think you’re wasting not only your time, but mine as well…”

Kim Jong Kook still didn’t say a word. He don’t know where, and how to start.

 

Right when Ji-hyo stands up, he holds Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Ji-hyo, please…”

Ji-hyo sit back.

“I owe you…an apology..” said Jong Kook, softly.

“Why?”

“Ehm…I…I have been acting stupidly..I’m angry to you, for no reason..”

“Are you sure for no reason? Unless that person is crazy, everything have its own reason, oppa..”

“I know…I’m..sorry…”

“I want to know why, oppa…I want to know why you are always acting weirdly when you saw me with Gary..” (I need to know the truth, oppa…from inside your heart…stop torturing my feelings..)

Kim Jong Kook feels like he’s choking his own voice.

“Ji-hyo ah…do you love Gary?”

“That’s not the answer I’m looking for, oppa.”

“Do you love Gary?”

“What??”

“Just tell me the truth…”

“Oppa….”

“Gary loves you so much…he may seems playful, but he’s serious about his feelings towards you..you both makes a perfect couple…you should be with him..”

Anger suddenly filled inside Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, stop it!”

“Ji-hyo ahh..just tell me what’s your feelings towards Gary..you seems happy every time you’re with him..” There’s sadness in his voice.

Jong Kook didn’t even look at Jihyo’s eyes. He just stares the floor.

“Kim Jong Kook!! We’re talking about us right now...but why did you keep bring up Kang Gary’s name??”

“Ji-hyo ahh…this is important for me…please answer me..” said Jong Kook, slowly.

“No! This conversation ends here!!..Oppa, I really thought you’re such a cool guy…but I never thought you’re a coward. You better leave now…” (You’re just not brave enough to let me know your feelings, oppa…)

Ji-hyo directly goes and opens the door. Kim Jong Kook knows he has make Ji-hyo upset. When he walks to the door, he simply close it back instead of walking out, and hug Ji-hyo from back. Ji-hyo couldn’t move, little bit shock.

“Ji-hyo ah….mianhaeyo….I’m so sorry….” said Jong Kook with husky voice.

Ji-hyo stands still. Jong Kook’s right hand is now hugging her shoulder and the other hand is on her waist.

“Ji-hyo…I’m sorry…..for loving you…”

Hearing the confession makes her tears flows like rains.

“Ji-hyo,…I know this is not right…I know you may fall in love with someone else..but I can’t help it anymore..I can’t stop loving you…I can’t keep denying my feelings..I can’t bear to see you with other people..”

Ji-hyo keeps on crying.

“Ji-hyo ah…please say something…”

“Oppa….don’t you know my feelings?”

“Ji-hyo ah…you know I’m the slowest in this matter..I’m not good in predicting someone’s feelings.”

Ji-hyo smiles, and turned to face Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook still wouldn’t let her go.

“Kim Jong Kook…..I love you!!...”

Jong Kook smiles till his small eyes almost close and he did not say a word. He feels like he’s blushing. He feels like he’s back to high school love story and feeling young again.

“Cheon Seong-im, can you say it again?”

“Yahhh, oppa!! Why make me say it again??” Now Ji-hyo’s already blushing.

“Ji-hyo ah…you’ve said it in front cameras in Family Outing..you’ve said it during Running Man..why can’t say it again only for my hearing?”

Kim Jong Kook wipes the leftover tears on Ji-hyo’s cheek.

“Ne…Kim Jong Kook…..sa…rang…hae…”

Right after she say it, Kim Jong Kook hugs her even tighter.

“Ji-hyo ah… komawo…I’m so happy to finally be with you…I’ve been keeping all these by myself, all this while..”

“And what about me? I'm suffering too, oppa....oppa, please don’t be angry with me anymore…”

“Ahah…I won’t be angry if you don’t make me jealous yah, Mong Ji…”

“Oppaaa..it was the PD’s idea…about the Monday Couple..about Gary always following me…you should be mad with them, not me…”

Jong Kook understands the exact situation. But when you’re in love with someone, it’s really hard to control your jealousy.

“Fine! You’re allowed to be flirty with Gary only on Monday, only on set. But you’re welcome to be in love with me, all your life…”

“Ahaha…you really know how to be unfair, oppa..”

Jong Kook kiss Ji-hyo’s forehead. “Saranghae, Song Ji Hyo….”

And they drown into their own feelings, own moments, hugging each other for few minutes. All the misunderstanding flew away the moment they confess their love to each other.

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s very late now..I should go…”

“Oppaaaa,…….please stay…..” Ji-hyo requested with a very y voice.

How can Kim Jong Kook refuse when his own girlfriend ask him to stay.

 

While Kim Jong Kook takes a shower, Ji-hyo cook some noodles for both of them.

Just when Ji-hyo call Kim Jong Kook to eat, she’s surprise to see Jong Kook come out to dining table wearing only towel at his waist, with his bare chest and six pack abs.

Ji-hyo screams at Jong Kook. “Oppaa….what are you doing? What are you wearing?” And she closed her eyes.

But Jong Kook is feeling naughty and purposely wants to tease Ji-hyo.

“Why, Ji-hyo? Haven’t seen anything like this before??” Kim Jong Kook stands opposite the dining table, facing Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, please…go and dress properly..” Ji-hyo still closing her eyes. (Oppa, please wear your shirt before I'm melting here.)

“I thought you call me coz you already miss me. So I hurried coming out here wearing only this.”

“Aaa…oppa…go, change!!"

“Okay…but come and hug me first…”

“Oppaa…stop it…don’t come near me…like that....or I’ll scream!!”

Kim Jong Kook is already laughing seeing Ji-hyo panicked.

“Ji-hyo ah..just hug oppa once, then I’ll go and change…”

“No!!”

“But I miss you so much….”

“Oppa!! Go!!”

Kim Jong Kook can’t take it anymore and laugh out loud. He then turns to get his clothes in Ji-hyo’s room. But he suddenly stops halfway.

“Ji-hyo ah….or shall I just pulled this towel and wears nothing?” said Jong Kook with a very naughty face.

“Aaaaa!!! Oppa, nooooo!!! Yah Kim Jong Kook!! If you dare do that, I’ll carve your skin with this fork.” Ji-hyo shouted but with laughter.

Jong Kook’s already laughing with Ji-hyo’s statement. (Ji-hyo ah…how can I not love you, my cutie lioness?)

 

After finishing their noodles, they rested on the sofa bed at living hall. While playing “Wild Romance” dvd, they both were cuddling and kissing on the sofa. When they finally stop, Jong Kook sit back and Ji-hyo lean her back on Jong Kook-s chest. Jong Kook’s hands are already hugging Ji-hyo’s waist.

“Oppa…sing for me..” Ji-hyo requested.

“Sing? What song?”

“Anything..doesn’t have to be only your song.”

Jong Kook then starts singing Afraid of Love by Bobby Kim.

 

“Ireoda michyeobeorilji molla..

ani imi neoege

michyeo beoryeonneunji moreuji…..

 

Ireoda jugeobeorilji molla..

ani ije neo eobsin

sal su eomneunjido moreuji…..

 

I sesangen an doeneun sarang…

saranghaeseon jeoldae an doeneun saram…..

 

Neoreul doraseolsurok deo neomu bogo sipeoseo

jakku geobina sarangi nan museowo

geurimjakkajido geuriun saram

geuge neoraseo neomu duryeowo…..

 

Neol seuchyeo gasseoya haenneunde

saranghaji marasseoya haenneunde……

 

Neoreul doraseolsurok deo neomu bogo sipeoseo

jakku geobina sarangi nan museowo

geurimjakkajido geuriun saram

niga neomu duryeowo…..

 

Gareuchyeo jullae eotteokhaeya

i unmyeong apeseo beoseonal su isseulkka…..

 

Neoreul saranghae..saranghae..jugeul

mankeum saranghae…

gaseumi apa michil geotman gateunde

swil sae eobsi nunmul heulleodo neoreul

saranghal su eobseodo saranghae…..”

 

Translation:

 

I might go crazy

No, actually I already might be already crazy about you

 

I might just die

No, actually I already might not be able to live without you

 

A love that can’t happen in this world

A person that I shouldn’t fall in love with

 

The more I turn my back against you

I miss you even more

I’m getting scared, I’m scared of love

I even miss your shadow

I’m so scared that my love is you

 

I should have just passed you by

I should not have fell in love with you

 

The more I turn my back against you

I miss you even more

I’m getting scared, I’m scared of love

I even miss your shadow

I’m so scared that my love is you

 

Can you tell me what to do?

Will I be able to get out of this fate?

 

I love you, love you

I love you to death

Even if my heart aches so much

Even if my tears won’t stop

Even if I can’t love you

I love you

 

 

And Ji-hyo finally fell asleep in Jong Kook’s arm.

“Ji-hyo ah…even if my heart aches so much…even if my tears won’t stop…even if I can’t love you one day….I will always love you, secretly..” Kim Jong Kook whispers to Ji-hyo, then close his eyes.