Chapter 46

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo wakes up early this morning and prepares breakfast for her loved ones. She prepares seaweed soup with turnip and fish, served with rice and kimchi. She even bakes a cake for Kim Jong Kook. It may not be the food Kim Jong Kook will eat, but she will make him eat it.

“Good morning, love…” Jong Kook snake his arm around Ji-hyo’s waist and give morning kiss on her neck.

“Good morning, jagiya. Did you sleep well?”

“Of course…With you around, I don’t even wanna wake up..”

Jong Kook take a place at the island in the kitchen.

“What’s with the food? Are you inviting guests?” Jong Kook asks while still drying his hair.

“Nope! This…..is all for you…”

“For me? All of these? Wae?”

“Ermm….one of my way to apologize….for yesterday….”

“What? Owh, babe…We’ve already close the story right? I forgave you, so you don’t have to do all this.”

“But I want to…..”

Jong Kook look at all the food. Then he hear the ‘ting’ sound from the oven.

“Err….that is not especially for me right?” Jong Kook asks when he smell the cake.

Ji-hyo smile and bring out the cake.

“Tadaaa!! Especially for you….”

It was just a round cake with plain white cream, but what make it special is because of a word ‘Sorry’ in blue topping on top of it.

“Ji-hyo ah….you really don’t have to trouble yourself like this…”

“Aishh..don’t mention it…here, try!”

Ji-hyo cut a small piece and try to feed Jong Kook, but Jong Kook refuse.

“Babe….I’m really touched with your effort…But you know I don’t eat cakes….”

“Owh….” Ji-hyo start pouting. (You have to eat it…I don’t care….)

“Aigoo!! Look at that chubby girl pouting…Come here, babe…”

Ji-hyo walks to Jong Kook and lean to him.

“Since today you have made my day a special one, I’ll eat it…just for you, love…”

Ji-hyo automatically smile.

“Yeay! You have to finish all this.”

“What?? All this? No way…at least we need to share…”

“But I cook all this for you…”

“Yes…and I’m thankful…but I’ll blow up if I finish all this…You have to help me….”

“Okay then…”

Jong Kook try to taste all the food a little bit.

“Hurm…this is really good, love…But are you sure you cooked it yourself?”

“Yes!” Ji-hyo answer without looking at Jong Kook, focus on her food.

Jong Kook suddenly walks to the dustbin and take one of the food container from it.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo…what is this??”

Jong Kook showed the food container that has a label of ‘Ajima Café’ which means Ji-hyo didn’t cooked the breakfast, but bought it from the cafe.

Jong Kook walks back to Ji-hyo who’s already laughing and start tickling her.

“Trying to impress me with your cooking ah??”

“Arghhh! Oppa…okay! Okay! I’m sorry…..stop!!”

Jong Kook finally stops tickling Ji-hyo.

“But I bake the cake myself okay…that’s for real…hehe…”

“You know I will still love you even without the cake….and you know I’ll still love you even if you can’t cook…….”

“Yahh! Don’t spoil my mood!”

“Ahahahha…Babe, it feels like we’re already married….with you preparing all this…”

“Hurmm…..let’s treat this as our rehearsal of a marriage life..hehe…”

“Erm….When are we gonna rehearse our first night of the wedding? Ehehhe….” Jong Kook feeling naughty suddenly teasing Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo grab a knife in front of her and point it to Jong Kook.

“Yah Cheon Seong-im!!! You shouldn’t play with a knife like that!!”

“Then stop your mind!!” Ji-hyo said while laughing.

“Ahahahah….haih…what should I do without you, love..Maybe I should move in here, don’t you think?”

“No way! Not until we are married…”

“Owh…why not? Don’t you want me to always be around you?”

“Yess! But only after you officially become my husband. I don’t want you to start bossing around and treat me like a maid….”

“Awww…..I will not do that to you, dear…but do you mean that I can be a boss after we get married? Wuhuuu….”

“Then I’ll re-consider being your wife…ehehe…”

“Aisshhh…fine! I’ll let you be the queen!!”

Suddenly Jong Kook received a text message.

 

Gap Jin           : Hyung, I already pack your things. You only need to get a lorry to move to Ji-hyo’s house. Hehehe….peace!

 

“Ahahahahaha….stupid Gap Jin!” Jong Kook burst out laughing.

“Wae?”

Jong Kook show the sms to Ji-hyo, and they both laugh together pretty loud.

“Owh, did you saw the news today? We’ve been highlighted,” Ji-hyo tells Jong Kook.

“Jinja?”

Ji-hyo get the newspaper from living hall and show it to Jong Kook.

> KIM JONG KOOK & SONG JI-HYO: LOVERS REUNITED???

It has to be happy news for Spartace fans when reading the title. But, nothing was confirmed until today since both Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji-hyo refuse to answer or give a confirmation. One thing we can confirmed,..is that they seem like they can’t let go of each other even for a second during the wedding of their good friend Ha Dong Hoon and Kim Go-Eun (who is also known as Byul). Both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo were the best man and bridesmaid for the couple. Ji-hyo also was seen wearing a diamond ring which none of us had notice before this. When asked about the ring and also the relationship, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo keep on smiling without giving any direct answers. It looks like they have something, but they shared us nothing. The only thing that the fans can do is just waiting for the good news from them, if there is any. If from my opinion, I would say there is love in the air between them. Let’s just hope for the best from them and hope they’ll open up to us. To Spartace fans, you can judge their relationship from the picture. <  

“Ahahaha…wow…we’re a hot news….Lovers reunited…that sounds good, right lovers?” Jong Kook asking Ji-hyo.

“Yes, lover. Hehhehe…Arghh….I need to change now. Need to be on set in two hours. Enjoy your breakfast, love!”

 

After breakfast, they both get ready to continue their schedule. Jong Kook has a press conference to attend regarding his Asia Tour while Ji-hyo will be on set for her new movie filming. So far everything goes smoothly and happily for both of them.

Ji-hyo only finishes her shooting at night. Her manager, Baek Chang Joo is waiting to bring her back. But he was approach by a man who wants to meet Ji-hyo. After Ji-hyo change her clothes and get ready to go back, Chang Joo inform her about the man. Ji-hyo is surprise to find that man standing there is actually Jong Kook’s dad.

“Ahh….Ahjussi….Sorry to keep you waiting….” Ji-hyo approach warmly.

“It’s okay. It has not been that long…erm, I was thinking if you could join me for a coffee chat?”

“Err….sure..Where do you want to go?”

“There’s a café nearby. I’ll meet you there in ten minutes?”

“N-neh! I’ll be there.”

Jong Kook’s dad walk away, and Chang Joo approach Ji-hyo.

“So, what did he wants that he need to find you here?”

“I don’t know. But he wants to talk to me at the café nearby. Can you send me, oppa?”

“Of course! But Ji-hyo ah, I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

“I’ll be fine…After all, he’s gonna be my father in-law right? Hehehe..don’t worry…but please don’t tell Jong Kook oppa about this.”

“Okay!”

 

At the café, Ji-hyo come and sit in front of Jong Kook’s dad while her manager sit few rows behind him, just to monitor.

After order their drinks, Jong Kook’s dad start his conversation.

“Ji-hyo ah…I know you’re surprise that I came to see you here. But because this is something important, I can’t wait and keep it to myself anymore.”

“Yeah, ahjussi. You can tell me.”

“Ji-hyo ah..I know, your relationship with my son is serious….and I know, he loves you so much. But,……I am so sorry….I cannot accept you even until today. People may seem to forget about your past, but not me…and not my friends…When the news about you and Jong Kook appear today, my friends had been teasing me about your past…About your body..and so on….This is making me crazy….”

Ji-hyo listen to every single word from her future father in-law.

“Ji-hyo ah…I have no doubt that you are a very good girl…but because of your past mistakes, not everyone can forgive and forget. You have been the topic of jokes among my friends. Even if I want to defend you, there’s nothing I could say coz everything about your past is true, not something that had been made up.”

“Yes, ahjussi! So what do you want me to do? I’m sure you’re asking for my favor right?”

“As much as I want Jong Kook to be happy, I also want to protect my family’s reputation. And I’m tired of people making jokes about my family, just because of you. I know I can’t ask Jong Kook to leave you….but you can do that for me, for my family, for Kim Jong Kook’s future.”

Ji-hyo feels like she’s about to collapse the moment she heard about leaving Jong Kook. But she tries her best to show she’s strong and not affected by it.

“Ji-hyo ah..what do you say? Can you do it for me?”

With her watery eyes, Ji-hyo answer, “I….I will try….”

“Trying is not good enough. Can I count on you? I’m telling you, I didn’t do this because I hate you, Ji-hyo. I’m just thinking about my family. I’m sure you can find a very good man outside other than Jong Kook.”

“I….Jong Kook will be angry with me…”

“You are a brilliant, smart girl. I’m sure you know how to handle him in the best possible way. That’s why I know I can depend on you.”

Ji-hyo couldn’t speak anymore. She’s too sad to even breathe.

“I’m sorry to make you sad, Ji-hyo. But I’m begging you…leave him, leave my family….We will all have a better life then.”

With that, Jong Kook’s dad excuses himself and leaves the café, leaving Ji-hyo in blank. Baek Chang Joo hurried himself to Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo ah…..are you okay?”

Ji-hyo tries to smile.

“Yes, I’m fine! Let’s go back, oppa. I’m tired.”

 

Thru out the whole way back home, Ji-hyo had been quiet. Chang Joo leaves her alone to calm her mind. He didn’t know what happened between Ji-hyo and Jong Kook’s dad, but it doesn’t look good.

When they arrived at Ji-hyo’s house, Ji-hyo just say thank you and goodbye and turn around to walk in. But only after five steps, Ji-hyo suddenly feels weak and sat down on the ground. Chang Joo saw that and quickly runs to her.

“Ji-hyo ah….gwaenchanh-a?”

Chang Joo tries to bring her up. But Ji-hyo suddenly grab his arm and cry.

“Oppa…….I’m not okay……”

“Ji-hyo ah….Tell me what happened. What did Jong Kook’s dad want?”

Ji-hyo told the whole story to Baek Chang Joo.

“Oppa…..what should I do? Help me…..” Ji-hyo pleaded to Chang Joo.

“Ji-hyo ah…You should tell Jong Kook about this.”

“A-ni!!”

“Ji-hyo ah..maybe he know what to do or how to talk to his father.”

“I don’t want him to know…Please, oppa! He’s gonna be mad if he knows about this. Please….”

“Fine! But you should not keep this for too long. You should be able to handle this alone then. And please, don’t give that old man what he wants. He’s never that close with Jong Kook.”

Ji-hyo stay silent while Chang Joo helps her into her house. Just as Chang Joo leaves, Ji-hyo continue to cry. She doesn’t know what option that she has. She’s torn apart.

 

Jong Kook had been wondering why Ji-hyo is quiet today. Usually she will update him when she finishes her shooting. But today, she had been quiet. When Jong Kook tries to call and sms, none of it were answered or replied. Jong Kook cannot stand still and contact Baek Chang Joo.

“Hyung, Ji-hyo didn’t answer my calls or reply my text. Is everything okay with her?”

“Err…..ya…She’s fine…She may be tired, maybe already asleep.”

“Really?? But that’s just weird….She’s not avoiding me right, hyung?”

“A-ni! Why would she do that?”

“I don’t know..I just feel like…something is not right….”

Chang Joo keep quiet for few seconds.

“Jong Kook ah……”

“N-neh hyung?”

“Erm…I don’t know if I should tell you this….”

“What is it hyung? It’s about Ji-hyo right? I know something’s not right.”

“Er…..promise me you won’t burst out…coz Ji-hyo didn’t want you to know..”

“Tell me, hyung. I promise I won’t burst out to her…”

“Actually….your dad came for her on the set. They chat for a while at a café, and then he left. But Ji-hyo seems upset after that.”

“Mwuh rah goo?”

“Yeah…I don’t know the real story…I hope she will tell you herself….”

“Ahhh….this is crazy….okay hyung…Thanks a lot…Really appreciate it..”

“Er..you’re not going to attack your dad right?”

“Of course not! I’ll see what I can do….Goodnight, hyung..”

“N-neh! You too!”

 

Ji-hyo suddenly awake when her phone keeps on vibrates on her tummy. She is shocked to see more than ten miss calls from Jong Kook and many texts as well. But the last message makes her jump from the couch when Jong Kook said he’s on the way to her house.

Ji-hyo washes her face and look into the mirror. She had a soggy and swollen eyes, puffy face, and she don’t know how she can hide her face like that. Jong Kook will surely ask her lots of questions about her face. Then she gets an idea. She wears the mud facial mask and place a cucumber on both eyes.

When Jong Kook arrives, she opens the door with the mask and cucumber.

“Ahh oppa…It’s a little bit late you came. I’m getting ready to sleep.”

Ji-hyo walks into the tv room like a blind girl and still playing with the cucumber on her eyes. She lean back on the couch.

“Why did your voice sounds husky? Have you just finished crying?” Jong Kook test Ji-hyo.

“Me? Crying? A-ni! I just wake up from my nap…need time to adjust…” Ji-hyo answers without looking to Jong Kook.

“What’s with the eyes?”

“My eyes? Why? Owh you mean this? Cucumber is good for your eyes. It’s cooling. You’ll be able to sleep easily.” Ji-hyo still doesn’t remove the cucumber, afraid that Jong Kook will notice her swollen eyes.

“Then what happened today?”

“Today? Nothing happened. I finished my filming and come back home.”

Jong Kook couldn’t stand with Ji-hyo’s acting. He goes into the bathroom, get a clean towel and come out with a bowl of water. He wets the towel and wipes the mask on Ji-hyo’s face.

“Omo! What are you doing? It hasn’t dry yet.”

Jong Kook keeps on with his work until Ji-hyo’s face is clean. Then he tries to remove the cucumber but Ji-hyo holds to it. But in the end, Ji-hyo let it go when Jong Kook struggle.

When everything is clean from her face, Jong Kook can see clearly the sadness in her eyes. He can see the outcomes of her cries. Her nose seems bloated. Jong Kook feel his heart breaks knowing Ji-hyo tries to handle this by herself. He knows Ji-hyo doesn’t want him to get angry with his father, that’s why she’s keeping it to herself. He grab Ji-hyo’s cheek with both his hands and make her look into his eyes.

“Pabo!”