Chapter 26

Beautiful Secret

It is a busy day for Kim Jong Kook today and the rest of the week. Not only he needs to take care of the mini press conference scheduled to be held on 15th August, but also he needs to make arrangements for Ji-hyo’s birthday present which is a holiday trip with him together with Haha and his fiancé.

 

At first, he went to meet Gary to ask his attendance for the PC.

“So Jong Kook hyung…this is it hah? You finally will tell everyone about this..”

“Yess! I don’t know if it’s good or bad. But sooner or later, we have to do this. We can’t hide forever.”

“Yeah. The truth is always the best….” Gary seems a little bit down.

“Gary ah…I’m so sorry for everything that happened between us…I swear to you, I’ve never planned all that…...” Jong Kook confesses, still feeling guilty.

“Aisshhh!! Hyung, we’ve passed all that…Put it behind. The most important, all of us are moving forward.”

“I know…I’m glad..but Gary ah, are you totally okay now?”

“Of course..I mean, yeah it hurt at first. But now that I come to think of it, me and Ji-hyo were being paired by the producers. Unfortunately that I’m falling into the real feelings, while Ji-hyo felt nothing towards me. But you and Ji-hyo fall in love at the same time, for real, not because of a set up or anything. It’s unfair that I force Ji-hyo to accept me when she feels nothing about me right? And besides, she never shows her love to me….aihhh…it’s always a one way love…I should have expect it…”

“Ahahhaha…thank you Gary ah…for your understanding…”

“You’re welcome, hyung..I’m sorry too for being childish, for being bad, for saying all rubbish….”

“Arkk!! That’s enough..We won’t go anywhere if we keep on blaming ourselves and keep apologizing.”

“Yess…let’s continue with the purpose of our meetings today..what can I help?”

“Owh…I would like to ask you to attend the PC, and explain about your relationship with Ji-hyo. You know, to make the ‘Monday Couple’ supporters understand what’s actually going on.”

“Aahhh…that’s right…I can do that. At least, they will not hoping for something impossible after this…and I can start being like Dong Hoon, flirting with all female guests…hehehe…”

“Yahh!! Don’t be so obvious…hahahah….”

 

Their conversation ends up in a good conclusion. Jong Kook then proceed to meet Haha and Gap Jin to discuss about their holiday trip planning.

“So, I was thinking, to go to Maldives. It has beautiful beaches, peaceful resort, and we can enjoy our privacy there.”

“Maldives?? Wowww…sounds tempting…I’m on, hyung. I leave it to you.”

“Ahahaha..but do you want us to stay in a two bedroom villa, or two separate resort?”

“Ermm….up to you…if you’re comfortable to be smooching in front of me and Byul…” Haha then act like he’s gonna kiss Gap Jin.

“Yahh!! Do you think I’m like you?” Jong Kook feels embarrassed being teased by Haha.

“Hahahah…Hyung, stop covering yourself. We both know how in love you and Ji-hyo are. Don’t tell me you’re just going to sit and talk over there. Hahaha….”

Jong Kook feels his face turn red. He’s not sure if holiday with Haha will be a very good idea, since Haha had been teasing him from the beginning.

“Dong Hoon ah….maybe you should join us next time eh??”

“What?? Jong Kook hyung, I’m sorry…I promise I won’t joke around…I’ll keep my mouth shut…”

Jong Kook feels great he could threaten Haha.

“Hyung, if Dong Hoon is not going, can I be a replacement?” Gap Jin interferes.

“Yahh!! How dare you, Gap Jin!! I’m going, whether with a partner or single. Better if I’m single..”

“Hahahahha…stop it, you two! Gap Jin ah, I’d love you to come along. But I’m just afraid you’ll get bored, if you’re alone…”

“Haha, it’s okay bos. I’m just joking. I also don’t think I can handle seeing people smooching all around me the whole time..hehehe…you guys enjoy yourself.”

“Yahh! You two ahh…do you think that we’re just gonna be sticking to each other and do nothing else? Stop talking about ‘smooching’…”

“Hehehhe…Hyung, I’m still in yach? Yahoo!! Hope Byul will be as happy as I am.”

“Ya Dong Hoon ah. I really hope she’s gonna relax and enjoy the trip very much.”

“She will…I will make her happy…Anyway, thanks hyung.”

“Thanks to you too….”

“So, can I make the reservation now?” Gap Jin ask Jong Kook.

“Yes! Here’s all the details. Please make sure they keep it as a secret. I don’t want reporters to ask questions about this trip in the PC, or before the PC.” Jong Kook passes the details to Gap Jin.

“Don’t worry. It’s their policy to meet our requirements. I’ll make sure it’s safe.”

“Thank you very much, Gap Jin ah. I’ll make sure you’ll get your holiday as well.”

“N-neh, hyung!”

There goes another part.

 

While Jong Kook had been busy with all his planning, Ji-hyo goes back to her family house. She needs to explain about the PC that will be held and she’s delighted to get full support from her family. However she’s a little bit in tense when Jong Kook seems too busy and hard to be reach even thru sms.

Even after two days she stays at her family’s house, Jong Kook still didn’t contact her.

“Huh! I wonder if he’s really busy with the PC preparations or something else. Didn’t he look at his phone at least every hour? Didn’t he notice my text msg? Aihhh…” Ji-hyo talking to herself while lying on her bed. She keeps on looking at her mobile phone hoping to receive any text from her boyfriend.

And while she expresses her frustration in her room, Ji-eun suddenly enters her room and surprised to find pillows and cushions on the floor.

“Omo!! Is there an earthquake or what?”

“I’m not in a mood…What do you want, Ji-eun? And don’t you know how to knock?” Ji-hyo asks while still lying on her bed.

“Not in mood? Haih…PMS again ait?”

“Shut up! What do you want??”

“Erm…I have a guest outside…I want to introduce to you…”

“Who is it? Can you like…introduce us another day? I’m really not feeling good right now.”

“Awww….Unnie, he’s someone special to me…you have to come out now..or he will think that you don’t like him, and don’t approve us…..”

“Haishhh!! Why do you always love to drop a bomb on my face? Fine! Give me five minutes.”

 

After refreshing herself, Ji-hyo went out to meet the guest as Ji-eun referred to. She walks slowly to the living room. From behind, the person looks familiar. But seeing the hair style and hair color put Ji-hyo in doubt.

“Ahh…Unnie, this is my special friend..”

Ji-hyo is too surprise to see Jong Kook now standing in front of her.

“Kim Jong Kook!!” Ji-hyo shouted a little bit. Then she quickly covers when she realized she’s too loud. “What are you doing here?”

“Ehemm…..I’ll leave you two first, before you peeps start to throw bombs and bullets. Hehehe…All the best, brother in law…”

Ji-eun left those two alone, making Jong Kook smile till his ears knowing Ji-eun purposely leave them alone. Ji-hyo’s parents weren’t at home.

“What did you do with your hair?” That’s the first thing Ji-hyo asks when Ji-eun was nowhere to be seen.

“Err…..Don’t you wanna asks if I’m okay or not, rather than focusing on my hair?”

“Ahh, sorry…How are you, oppa?”

“Not good.”

“Omo! Why? Are you sick, jagiya?”

“Sort of. The doctor said nothing to be worried about, but if I didn’t cure it fast, it will be worse.”

“Ohh, what is it jagiya? What’s wrong with you?” Ji-hyo come closer and rubbed Jong Kook’s back, worried.

“The doctor said, something is wrong with me…He said..if I missed you too much…and if I didn’t cure it, it will hurt me more….and it will get worse…” Jong Kook trying so hard not to smile.

“What???? Kim Jong Kook!!!” Ji-hyo hit Jong Kook so hard for lying to her and makes her worried about his condition. Jong Kook couldn’t stand it and run away from Ji-hyo. They are now playing chase and run in the living hall.

“You come here, Kim Jong Kook!! How dare you playing with my emotions hah!!! Making me worried about you, and yet you make fun of it hah!!! You come here!!” Ji-hyo still try to chase Jong Kook.

“Yahhh! Listen!! Calm down will you??”

“What?? Calm down?? Let me pull your hair till it come off of your head, then I’ll come down…You come here!!!!”

Jong Kook couldn’t help but laughing although Ji-hyo’s face seems burning red like a lobster.

“Please, Ji-hyo…..please calm down….I’m sorry, okay?? You know I love to tease you…pleaseeeeeee….” Jong Kook begging to Ji-hyo from a distance.

“Hah?? Forgive you?? Sorry?? It’s bad enough that you didn’t care about me this few days, you didn’t bother to text or call me,…but then you gang up with Ji-eun to trick me as if you were her special friend, then you come up with news that you weren’t in good condition…and now you simply said sorry?? That easy? I don’t think soooooo……”

“Look, the ‘pretend to be Ji-eun special friend’, that was her idea. She should get her share too right? Why are you only after me??”

“Because she lives here, I can kill her anytime while she sleeps. But you, you’ll be leaving soon. In fact, you should leave now….Shuh! Shuh!” Ji-hyo try to kick Jong Kook out of her house.

“Pleaseeeee yeobo…I missed you so much…that’s why I came…I can’t hold myself anymore…”

“Serves you right!! You were the one looking for trouble!!!”

Ji-hyo still wanna hit Jong Kook. But Jong Kook suddenly got the idea to calm her. “No I’m not looking for trouble…I’m terribly busy…getting your birthday present wrapped up….”

“My what?? Did you said, birthday present???” Ji-hyo’s voice is already tone down.

(I know your weaknesses, yeobo…..) “Ermm…yes, your birthday present…It’s too huge that I need few days to wrap it up….”

“Wrap it up?? Ermm….you did not buy me a car then?? Let see…it’s definitely not a house also??”

“Ahahahaha…..If you’re asking for a car and a house on your birthday, what else could I give for your wedding??”

“Who’s wedding???”

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo both look at the entrance door in surprise. Her parents stand still at the door the moment they heard the word ‘wedding’.

“Umma, appa,…you’re back!!” Ji-hyo quickly walks to her parents.

“Yess!! Why? Would you rather us don’t come back?” Ji-hyo’s father joking with Ji-hyo.

“A-ni!! I just thought you’ll come back at night, since you both hardly spend times together. Umma, how’s shopping? Did appa treat you good?”

“Ahahhaa…I think I’ll keep that to myself or you’ll be jealous of us being married.”

“Owh, Jong Kook, it’s good to see you here. How are you?” Ji-hyo’s father approaches Jong Kook.

“I’m good, sir. How about you? Having good time?”

“Yes of course. Please, have a seat. It’s been a long time since we chat together ah. You must be pretty busy.”

“Err…a little bit…rushing here and there…”

The four of them take a seat in the living hall.

“Okay, back to business. Who’s getting married? Are you proposing to Ji-hyo?”

“Appa!!! What are you talking about??” Ji-hyo is surprised with her father’s question.

“What? I’m just asking…since the word ‘wedding’ is being highlighted.”

“Erm..I can assure you, that I have yet to proposed to Ji-hyo…” Jong Kook said with a very blushing face.

“Ahahaha…forgive Ji-hyo’s appa, Jong Kook. He’s sometimes too outspoken.”

“It’s okay…”

“Yeobo, I’m just testing him. Who knows if it’s true? You were the one who will be over excited right?”

“Jagiyaaaa…” Now Ji-hyo’s mum is blushing.

“Ahahaha, now your mum is blushing, Seong-im ah…Just like you…Anyway, what were you two doing here? Playing hide and seek?”

“Appa…..”

“Ermm…Actually, I come to fetch Ji-hyo. We should be discussing about the PC and I think it’s much easier for her if she stays at her house. Because we will be going here and there to settle things….so..”

“Owh…you did not say anything about that just now…” Ji-hyo complaining.

“That’s because you were busy chasing me….and try to hit me…” Jong Kook purposely let Ji-hyo’s parents know that. He has his own strategy to get support.

“Hit you?? Seong-im ah, didn’t we warn you to get rid of your tomboyish act?” Ji-hyo’s mum lectures her.

“Umma…I have a reason to do that…Yah Kim Jong Kook!! Since when were you being a cry baby ah?? Complained everything to my parents?”

“Ahahah…I’m not complaining…I’m just letting them know what’s happening…”

“Ji-hyo ah…stop fighting..go and pack your things. It must been hard for Jong Kook to come all the way here only to fetch you..with his busy schedule...”

“Umma, why did I feel like you’re sending me back to my husband?? Arghhh!!”

“Ahahahha….that is much better…think of it as a rehearsal, Seong-im ah…” Ji-hyo’s father added to Ji-hyo’s anger.

“Arghhh…in case you both forget, I am still your daughter you know….ahhhh!!!” Ji-hyo walks fast to her room, can’t handle being surrounded by a gang of three.

“Erm…actually sir, mam, I would like to get your permission…Ji-hyo may have tell you that the PC will be held on the 15th of August, which is also Ji-hyo’s birthday. But what Ji-hyo didn’t know, is that I have plan to go for a vacation right after the PC with her together with Dong Hoon and his fiancé. Not only as her birthday gift, but also to get away from reporters after the PC. I mean, I’m sure there will still be reporters looking for us until few days later. So this is a good break for us to get rid of them, at least for the time being.”

“Jong Kook ah, you have our bless from the moment you make Ji-hyo happy. I’m sure she’ll be thrill to accept this as her birthday gift. But please take a good care of her. She’s too precious for us.”

“I know, sir. Of course I will take a good care of her more than myself. You have my word. Ermm…but please don’t tell her anything about this, because I will tell her later.”

“Sure, no problem. I’m so glad she found you, Jong Kook ah. You are a true gentleman. It’s hard to find a man who would come and ask for permission for something like this.”

“Aih…I’m sure there are still lots of good man outside. I’m just being me…”

 

While in Ji-hyo’s room, the moment she enters, she found Ji-eun sleeping soundly on her bed.

“Yahhh!! Go back to your room!!”

“Ouchh!! Unnie, your voice is like a nuclear bomb….”

“Nuclear bomb?? Good, if you don’t want me to drop another bomb, you better get back to your room…or go sit in the toilet…”

“Ahahaha….unnie, I wonder how many wrinkles have you created today…” Ji-eun said with her eyes still closed.

Getting pissed with Ji-eun’s statement, Ji-hyo simply climb on Ji-eun and sit on her while she’s sleeping on her side.

“Unnie!!! You are as heavy as a container…..”

Ji-hyo is already laughing, but she purposely bounces the bed while sitting on Ji-eun.

“Arghhhh….unnie, get down….arghhhh….”

“You wanna get out or not???”

“Okay….okay…haishh...I don’t know how Jong Kook oppa fall in love with you….”

“What did you said?” Ji-hyo make the bed bouncing again.

“Arghhhh!! Okay…I’m sorry….Unnie, why were you always stressed out?? Chill, unnie. Enjoy life.”

“I will..the moment you get out from my room…”

Ji-eun get up from the bed and walks to the door.

“Unnie, I think you have gained weight. You must be around 80kgs now…ahahahha!!” Ji-eun then run and exit thru the door.

“Arghhhh!! Why is it, that everyone choose, to make me angry at the same time, on the same day? I need a stronger heart….uhh!!”

After getting her stuff, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook leave the house.

 

On the way home, Ji-hyo tries not to look at Jong Kook and just enjoy the view outside the window.

“Yeobo….”

Silent.

“Yeobo….I missed you….” Jong Kook tries to melt Ji-hyo’s heart.

Still no feedback from Ji-hyo. Jong Kook then slowly hold her hand, with his other hand steering the wheel. Ji-hyo quickly tries to pull it back but fail. Jong Kook brings her hand close to his lips and kiss it, then lean it to his chest. Ji-hyo look in confuse.

“Did you feel that? My heart beating….really fast…and miserable…”

Ji-hyo smirk and look out to the window. She’s actually melting, but pretend that she’s still angry.

“Love….pleaseee….talk to me…I miss you so much…”

Ji-hyo gives no response. Jong Kook then decide to bite her hand, which makes her scream.

“Arghhhhhh!!! Yah, pabo!!!” Ji-hyo scream and hit Jong Kook.

Jong Kook is laughing loudly now and release her hand.

“If that’s the only way to make you talk, then I’ll do it love….hahahaha…sorry..Did I hurt you that bad??”

Ji-hyo just ignore her boyfriend, and keep on rubbing her hand.

 

When they arrived at Ji-hyo’s house, Jong Kook send her to the door.

“Thank you very much. You can leave now.”

“What? I can’t come in?”

“After what you did? You’ve got to be joking….”

“Love, that was all a joke…please don’t take it too serious…”

Ji-hyo still holding the door, refuse to let Jong Kook in.

“Love, please…I have something to show you…”

“Just show it here….”

“Here? Are you sure? What if the neighbor saw it?”

“It’s your problem…”

“Okay fine…”

Jong Kook start to release his belt buckle from his waist, making Ji-hyo’s stunned.

“What are you doing??”

“I told you I have something to show you..You said show it here….”

“Ya but why are you loosening your belt?” Ji-hyo’s voice a little shaky.

“Because that ‘something’ is in here…..”

“Yahhh!! Stop it!! Or I’ll call the police…” Ji-hyo started to panic.

“And say what yeobo? That your boyfriend is releasing his belt?? Ahahaha..just let me in, I promise you will be happy…”

“Let you in to show what’s inside your pants? No way!!!”

“Ahahahaha…I’m just teasing you, love. Do you think I’m that crazy? I wanna give you your birthday present. Just let me in, please…”

“My birthday present?? Promise??”

“Yes! Do you want it or not?”

“Okay fine! But if you dare lie to me, I swear…..”

“And if I’m not lying, then you’ll let me kiss you for as long as I want…Deal!!”

Jong Kook pushes Ji-hyo aside and simply enter her house. Ji-hyo hasn’t even finish with the deal, but since Jong Kook has rushed in, she can’t do anything but making an annoying face.

“So, speak up…”

 They both sit on the couch.

“Give me your hand…”

“Hah? Just now you don’t even bother asking permission, and now….”

“Pleaseeeeeeee…”

Ji-hyo handed her hand, and Jong Kook place the flight ticket on her palm.

“What is this? Are you telling me you’re going outstation?”

When Ji-hyo opens it, she’s speechless to find her name on the flight ticket. Moreover, the destination stated Maldives. Automatically her eyes filled with tears.

“Oppa…..Igo mwoya???”

“Love, I know it’s too early for your gift. But I need to give it to you now, so you can make preparations. If you remember when you’re admitted at the hospital, I promise to bring you on vacation. So this is the perfect time. And we’ll be leaving just after the PC, which makes it more perfect.”

Ji-hyo can’t hold her tears anymore and start to cry.

“Owh…..Ji-hyo ah…..are you okay?”

Ji-hyo shake her head, not okay.

“Hey love…did you not like it?? We can change the destination if you want….” Jong Kook coaxes his girlfriend, concern.

“I love it, oppa….I love you…..but….I can’t accept this…this is too much….”

“Hey love…for you, nothing is too much…It’s how I show my love, so please accept it…Beside, I really wanna spend our times together on holiday…privately…..well not really private, since Dong Hoon and Byul will be joining us…”

“Owh really?? Woww….oppa, why do you always make me cry?”

“Cry as in being too happy is okay, dear. You deserve this gift, coz you show me the real meaning of love…you make me feel ‘love’….you make me enjoy ‘love’…and you make me appreciate 'love'…”

“I love you, jagiya…….” Ji-hyo stretches her hand to hug Jong Kook tightly.

“I love you more…So, is that a ‘yes’?”

Ji-hyo nodded. “Yes! Yes! Yes! Love you!!!”

"Can I kiss you now??"

Ji-hyo nodded in blush, and their lips become one.