Chapter 40

Beautiful Secret

 

Just as Jong Kook and Ji-hyo were about to leave the restaurant, Jae-suk approach them.

“Yahhh…you two…I really didn’t see this coming…at least not before you two get back together….”

“N-neh, oppa! I’m surprised too…I never imagine Jong Kook oppa will have the courage to do something like this..” Ji-hyo smile to her fiancé.

“Ermm….well….you’ll never know unless you try isn’t it? I just know I had to go with what my heart tells me..and that is, I couldn’t let you go anymore…” Jong Kook kisses on top of Ji-hyo’s head with his hand on her waist.

“Aihhh…don’t do it in front of me…you know my wife is not around…hehe….Anyway, I just want to tell you both, to always tolerate one another..and trust is the most important thing in a relationship. Ji-hyo ah, do not be so stubborn like before ah…you know you’re not making things easier, but harder for both of you…”

“N-neh, ahjussi!”

“Yahh! Am I really that old?”

“Ahahah…hyung, but you’re obviously not younger than us…” Jong Kook added.

“Aisss…this is what I regret when you two were back together…you will team up and makes me goes crazy…”

“Oppa, you know we love to tease you right?”

“N-neh! I know everyone loves me….okay then, I’m leaving now…I hope we can hang out few times before Ji-hyo lock you with chain, Jong Kook ah…kekeke….”

“Oppa!!!” Ji-hyo shouted.

All three of them were laughing.

 

Ji-hyo then checks with her sister if she wants to go back together.

“Ji-eun ah…are you coming with us??”

“Hurm….Unnie, are you sure you want me to tag along? Kekeke…..can you promise I won’t be watching any 18sx movie?”

“Aih this girl!! Do you think that’s all we do?” Ji-hyo burst out to her sister.

“Hahahah….why are you mad? Well, if thru my experience with Jong Kook oppa for few days, he seems like he cannot control his hand and his lips from wandering around….kekeke!!”

“Yahhh, Song Ji-eun!! How can you say that to your favorite oppa???” Now Jong Kook shout to Ji-eun, while Ji-hyo looking at Jong Kook with angry eyes when she heard Ji-eun’s statement.

“Did you do anything with my sister, besides hugging her???” Ji-hyo widened her eyes.

“What?? How did you know I was hugging her??”

“I saw everything I need to see!!!” Ji-hyo sounds pissed.

Seeing her sister getting angry, Ji-eun quickly interfere, “Erm…okay…I guess the idea of going back together with you two is not a good idea…I’ll find another ride…heheee…”

“Yah Song Ji-eun…how can you left us after you caused us this??” Jong Kook call Ji-eun.

“Oppa…I’m just a cat…I cannot be in between a tiger or lioness…you both will bite me..heheh…annyeong..” Ji-eun hurriedly leaves them.

Jong Kook smiles to Ji-hyo while showing both hands as if he surrender.

“Eheheh…yeobo….let’s go back, ah…..”

Ji-hyo follow Jong Kook but still staring sharply at him.

“Peace!!” Jong Kook makes the peace sign to Ji-hyo and smile.

 

In the car, Ji-hyo keeps on playing and staring at her ring while ignoring Jong Kook.

“Aih…so now I have to compete with the ring to get your attention.”

“You have my attention 24/7 jagiya…don’t be too greedy…”

“Yeay…at least you’re talking to me….”

“Of course I will talk to you, jagiya…I’ve missed you so much….I won’t waste it just because of Ji-eun’s crazyness….hehee.”

“Hurm…my love is becoming more wiser and brilliant….come here….”

Jong Kook pulls Ji-hyo’s shoulder to him and kisses on top of her head. Ji-hyo continues to lean her back at Jong Kook while Jong Kook places his hand on Ji-hyo’s waist. Ji-hyo then starts playing with Jong Kook’s right hand on her waist.

“Oppa, are you sure you can drive like this?”

“Of course….I can drive even if you straddle me…”

“Hahah!! Yeah right!! That is too much okay…erm………..what if I do this?? Can you handle it?” Ji-hyo tries to kiss Jong Kook’s lips from the side since she doesn’t want to block Jong Kook’s eyes from the road.

“Omo!!” Jong Kook in shock but still trying to focus on the road.

“How about this?” Ji-hyo now tries to kiss Jong Kook’s neck and start playing with his ears using her tongue.

Jong Kook is a little bit shivering especially when he feels ticklish with Ji-hyo’s act but he tries very hard to control it since he’s driving.

“Ahh……Ji-hyo……st….stop it….” Jong Kook pleaded to Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo just smile while still kissing his neck. Jong Kook gets too distracted that he has no choice but to lock Ji-hyo in his arms.

“You….not only becoming more brilliant, but also becoming naughtier…..”

“Ahahaha….jagiya, you are no fun anymore…..”

“No fun?? Should I stop the car and show you how I had fun?”

“A-ni!! Okay! Okay! I’m sorry...I just missed that red face of yours…I miss messing around with you…”

“I promise I will fulfill your wish…..but later okay…I need to focus on the road, yeobo….or else we’ll end up somewhere else..”

“Okay…I love you…”

“I love you more…”

Ji-hyo still leaning to Jong Kook and rested her head on his right shoulder.

“Love…I’m so touched with your words when you confessed today….I never know you can be all that romantic type, and create such wonderful words…”

“Owh that……erm……actually…..…..It’s from the internet……hehehe…….”

“Mwuh???”Ji-hyo looks at Jong Kook with small eyes.

“Hey…don’t blame me…you’re really hard to coax…so I need something that could really touch your hard feelings…but I arrange the words myself…...so it’s still my effort right??”

“N-neh! I still thank you for your effort….Oppa, I miss doing something to you…”

“What is it?....Owh I know.....Fine…here…”

Jong Kook offers his cheek, thinking that Ji-hyo wanted to kiss him. But Ji-hyo suddenly bites his hand till her tooth mark appeared.

“Ahhhhh…….Song Ji-hyo!!!!”

Ji-hyo laughs hard loud and returns to her seat when seeing Jong Kook’s pained face.

“Owh….mianhae, jagiya….I just missed you so much…I can’t help it…..” Ji-hyo making her cute face.

“Huh….just pray for your life….”

 

They arrived at Ji-hyo’s family house, but Ji-hyo walks in first while Jong Kook waiting outside for Ji-hyo’s sign.

“I’m home….umma, appa…..” Ji-hyo calls her parents.

“Owh…Seong-im ah…where did you go one whole day today?” Ji-hyo’s mom ask her.

“I told you I accompany Byul for her wedding gown fitting.”

“For one whole day??”

“Erm….well…….”

“Ah….you’re back….but…let me see…….something is different today….”

Ji-hyo’s dad take a seat on the sofa, while Ji-hyo come to sit on the arm rest of the sofa next to her dad.

“What’s different, appa?”

“Looks happy….your face is glowing…Are there anything you wanna share?”

Ji-hyo rest her hand on her dad’s shoulder, and coincidently her mom saw the ring on her fingers.

“Omo! What is that?? I don’t remember buying that kind of ring for you…” Ji-hyo’s mom speak up.

“Erm…..this….is….a propose ring…..I’ve been proposed…..” Ji-hyo said slowly, still shy to tell her parents.

“You what?? By whom??”Ji-hyo’s dad asks.

“Seong-im ah….what about Jong Kook? Are you sure you can forget him? Are you sure you can live without him?” Her mom added to question.

“Umma, appa….actually…….”

“Unnie, why did you leave Jong Kook oppa outside??” Ji-eun suddenly interrupts, with Jong Kook following behind her.

“Ji-hyo, Ji-eun, what is this?? One girl tells me she’s engaged, another one bringing her boyfriend home suddenly…What is happening??” Ji-hyo’s dad seems a little bit angry.

Ji-hyo give signs to Ji-eun to explain, but Ji-eun enlarge her eyes to her sister and shake her head meaning ‘no’.

“Owh, Kim Jong Kook…please….have a seat….” their mother offered and Kim Jong Kook take place.

“Sorry Jong Kook ah…We really don’t know what happened to these two girls today…Hello….Please explains…” The dad’s talking seriously.

“Ehem….erm….mam, sir….Sorry to interrupt….but if I could explain what’s happening right now…” Jong Kook tries to be manly.

“What do you mean? You know about this? You know someone proposed to Ji-hyo? And you’re okay with that?” Ji-hyo’s mom asking many questions at once.

“I’m more than okay….if that makes Ji-hyo happy….but I’m happier….because I’m the one who proposed to her….”

“You what??” Both their parents were shock with Jong Kook’s statement.

“I know….it’s a shocking news…and I know, I should have ask for your bless first…but, I need to do this as soon as possible….coz I’m worried that I might lost her…for good….since she’s too stubborn…” 

Jong Kook looks to Ji-hyo and Ji-hyo stare into his eyes like they were talking thru their eyes.

“Let me get this clear…you were with Ji-eun…but you propose to Ji-hyo….then what happen to Ji-eun now?”

“Appa….I’m never serious with Jong Kook oppa. It was just part of my plans to make unnie jealous and come back to oppa….but she has a very large rock in her head…that oppa need to do something drastic like this, without telling you both first.”

“So all this while you’re just acting? So when Ji-hyo saw you with Jong Kook at the jewelry shop, that was also acting?”

“Erm…actually I ask oppa to really buy me the ring…hihhihi…but we have made another deal which is just between us…right oppa?” Ji-eun wink to Jong Kook, making Ji-hyo stare at her.

“So I’m slapping you for nothing?”

“I told you to trust me, appa….but it’s okay…I forgive you…heheh.”

“Oh dear! Come here, my little girl…I’m so sorry…I thought you’re just a crazy girl…I never know you have such a good heart….” Ji-eun’s dad hugs her as thankful for her kindness.

“Yah good girl…please go into the kitchen and prepare some tea please..”Ji-eun’s mother instructed her.

“What? Umma…….you know I never prepare anything…..”

“So start now….gaja!”

“Aihh umma….please come along…I promise I will learn hard from you…”

“No! All the four of us need to have a serious discussion. Just do as I said..”

Ji-eun pouted and walks into the kitchen alone, making Ji-hyo smile at her.

“So, it’s finally happening ah, Jong Kook? Ji-hyo?” Her dad ask.

“N-neh! First of all, I want to apologize for not asking your permission before the proposal. I felt that I need to do it straight away…Ji-hyo just wouldn’t listen to anything I said…except today..so…”

“Yeah! I know how hard she can be. Anyway, it’s okay about the permission. You know we always like you to be in the family. I’m just worried before this that it’s gonna ruin the sisterhood, but thank God it’s just an act. Yah Cheon Seong-im…..you’ve been quiet from just now…”

“Erm….I have nothing to say….Besides, I leave it to Jong Kook oppa to handle it…”

“Seong-im ah, you’re so lucky that you are back with Jong Kook. Please do not act childish anymore. You’re about to become a wife…and later on a mother…so start behave yourself…”

“Umma….of course I know that…you’re embarrassing me…..”

“Jong Kook ah…you have the wedding date already?”

“Err….not yet…I have things to settle step by step. Coz after this, I need to bring Ji-hyo to meet my family. And then only I will bring them to meet both of you….then we’ll discuss about the date and preparation and so on…..”

“Yeah, that’s how it should goes…your family needs to know everything….and needs to decide if they can accept Ji-hyo as their family…”

“Ahh appa…don’t make me scared…”

“Er…I’m sure everything will be fine, sir….they gonna love her as much as I do…” Jong Kook tries giving Ji-hyo and family assurance, although he know his dad will be a little bit tough to handle.

While they were talking, there’s a sound of broken glass in the kitchen.

“Aihh this girl….excuse me, Jong Kook ah…I better go into the kitchen before Ji-eun burn the house..” Ji-eun’s mother excuse herself.

“Ahahahah…I really hope she knows what she’s doing…”

 

After having tea and about two hours at Ji-hyo’s house, Jong Kook excuse himself to leave. Ji-hyo send him to the car.

“Oppa…thank you very much….for everything…”

“Is that it? Just a thank you words?”

“Yeahhh…what else??”

“Come in….I have something else for you….”

“Ah no!! You’re just trying to mess with me…”

“I’m serious…you know how I love to give surprises to you….hop in…come on! Just for a little while……”

Ji-hyo agrees and enter the car. They were both in silent for a minute before Jong Kook grab a large box from behind.

“Here….I know you love the ring so much…but I couldn’t help not giving you this gift…I hope you’ll like it just like I love it..”

“Jagiya….what else is this?? You have given me so much….”

“Something just for you….open it..”

Ji-hyo untie the ribbon and open the box cover. She’s in shock to find the wedding dress that she had been wearing earlier during the proposal.

“Ahh……jagiya……….I cannot except this…this is too much…” Ji-hyo said shakily while holding her tears.

“Love, please….I cannot see other women wear this dress…..I don’t want to imagine either… …that’s why I got it for you…It’s meant for you….”

Ji-hyo already burst into tears. Jong Kook put the box on the seat at the back, then quickly pulls Ji-hyo into his arms and hugs her tightly while comforting her.

“Hey…I’m sorry if you don’t like it, love…I’ll keep it at my house then, coz I don’t wanna see anyone else wear the dress besides you…okay? Please stop crying…It’s supposed to be our happy day..”

“Jagiya….you’ve done…..so mm…much….for me….but all I did….was hurting you…Why are you….so nice to me??”

“Do you always have to question me like this? I don’t have any other answer except that I love you so much. Please don’t say that you don’t deserve all this…coz if it’s not for you, then for who else? Love, please…accept my love with no condition…Stop questioning yourself…Let me do what I want to do to show my love, to make you fall in love, to make us enjoy our love.”

“Okay…mianhae, jagiya…..”

“So, will you accept this dress??”

“Of course…..but please don’t waste your money like this again….you’ve done enough…”

“You’re worth more than anything I could give you….”

“Jagiya, you need to stop spoiling me…or I’ll ask you to buy a house and car after this..”

“Erm…that’s what I was thinking…We should go and look for our future house..hehe…”

Ji-hyo let go of the hug and look at Jong Kook.

“Pabo!! Even if you have lots of money, keep it for our future and our kids.”

“Hurmm….our kids….that sounds nice……when are we gonna produce the first one? Hehehe…”

“What??”

Ji-hyo pulls Jong Kook’s hair which she also missed for a long time.

“Arghhhhhhh!! Song Ji-hyo!!!! That hurts okay!!!”

Ji-hyo starts to laugh and let go of Jong Kook’s hair. Then she brush and tidy his hair with her fingers before hugging his neck and kiss all over his face.

“Ahh jagiya….I never know I’ve missed you this much…hehe…”

After sealing their lips together for quite sometimes, Ji-hyo excuse herself to get out of the car. But before she open the door, Jong Kook grab her wrist.

“What is it?” Ji-hyo ask.

“I’ve already missed you…..”

Ji-hyo smile and pull Jong Kook’s neck close to her lips. She kisses all over his neck before placing few marks on his neck.

“Here……this could last for few days…at least until I be with you tomorrow, okay?”

“Promise?”

“I promise….”

“Okay…..thanks, love….I love you so much….”

“Love you more, jagiya…mmuahhh….drive carefully, call me when you arrive.”

“N-neh! Don’t forget your dress…..”

“N-neh….thank you so much….bye!”

 

 

 

JI-HYO's OUTFIT FOR TODAY....... (I know...I have this crazyness of uploading the outfit that I can imagine Ji-hyo in it....sorry...hehe)