Chapter 5

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo wakes up in the morning, seeing she’s all alone on the sofa. She tried to remember again what happened last night. Or perhaps it’s only a dream? She hit her face two, three times to make sure she’s not dreaming about last night. She asks herself if she’s drunk.

While she’s been trying to memorize things, someone’s at her front door. It was Kim Jong Kook, looks like he had just finished jogging nearby.

“Woh…oppa…you’re really here?”

Jong Kook looks at Ji-hyo with her messy hair.

“What? You think I’m a ghost or what?”

“No!...I mean, you were here last night right?”

Seeing Ji-hyo’s blank face, Jong Kook got the idea to trick Ji-hyo.

“I just arrived, Ji-hyo.”

“Hah? But last night….you…” Ji-hyo tries to remember everything last nite.

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s freezing out here..can I come in?”

“Owh..come in, oppa..”

 

Ji-hyo sit back at her sofa tries to clear her mind and confirm last night wasn’t a dream. She folds her blanket with a blurry face. Jong Kook had been starring at her for the last few minutes.

“Song Ji-hyo…you are sleeping with me last night, on this sofa, with this blanket…”

“Yah oppaaaa!!” Ji-hyo hits Jong Kook wherever she can. “I knew it wasn’t a dream…”

“Ahahahha…Ji-hyo ah, you really don’t remember?”

“I did…but I’m just not sure…”

“Wowww…this is dangerous..it could be anyone that’s with you and you’ll remember nothing then…Ji-hyo ah…please be alert with yourself.”

“Well….people doesn’t call me ‘blank’ for no reason right?”

“Ji-hyo…I am serious….be careful with yourself..”

“I will…I promise…”

But there’s something important that Ji-hyo really wants to confirm.

“Oppa…last night…we don’t….erm…we did not…err…” Ji-hyo doesn’t know how to put in words. She scratches her head though it’s not itchy.

“Did not what? Say it clearly, Mong Ji..”

“Erm…we…erm…we did not do anything besides sleeping right?”

“Did you remember that I’m wearing towel last night? Did you remember my y body last night?”

“Urghh…yeah…but, I don’t think…”

“Ji-hyo ah…we become ‘one’ last night. You were begging me in your sleep..how can I refuse that?”

“Hah!! What are you saying? Arghhhh!!!” Ji-hyo quickly covers her face with blanket. She feels really ashamed. (But I didn’t feels anything weird at my ladies part)

“Ji-hyo ah…do you want to know how did we start and ended?” Jong Kook’s already being naughty.

“Nooo!!! Oppaa…..how can we….arghhhh!!!”

“Ahahaha….Ji-hyo ah…we did not do anything…don’t worry…I’m just teasing you…ehehehe!!”

“Yahhh Kim Jong Kook!!! How dare you!!”

Ji-hyo attacks Kim Jong Kook by hitting and pinching him really hard. Jong Kook tries to calm her down and struggle to catch her hands. The love fights were paused when Jong Kook’s mobile ringing.

“Owh, Jae-suk hyung..”

“Oppa, he knows you’re here?”

“Of course. He’s the one who send me here..I shall take this call..”

Jong Kook gives sign to Ji-hyo to keep quiet.

“Yoboseyo!! Ai Jae-suk hyung…what an early call ah..”

“Yahh Kim Jong Kook…I’m so excited to hear good news, that I wake up early today…so how was it?”

“How was what? Hyung, she didn’t open the door. I guess she slept early last nite.” Jong Kook lied.

“Really? Aigoo…this girl really sleeps well…ahahah..”

Ji-hyo gives sign that she wants to take a shower but Jong Kook suddenly hold her hand and lock it on his chest. With Jong Kook’s strength, how can she escape…

“Yeah, hyung..she sleeps pretty well I guess. But I can hear her snore from outside the house. Hahah..”

At this point, Ji-hyo grabs a cushion and hit Kim Jong Kook’s head. Using only one hand, Jong Kook tries to protect himself without making noise coz he didn’t want Jae-suk knew he’s at Ji-hyo’s house.

“So how did you go back last night, Jong Kook ah??”

“What?? Err…”

Ji-hyo pulls Jong Kook’s hair hardly.

“Yah, Ji-hyo ah!!”

“Omo! Omo! You’re at Ji-hyo’s this early morning??”

Jong Kook knocks his head with his mobile phone. He blew it.

“Wait a second…Jong Kook ah…did you slept at Ji-hyo’s house??” asked Jae-suk.

“Hyung, it’s not what you think…”

“What exactly am I thinking right now Kim Jong Kook? Yahhh! I thought you are too slow to take action, but you’re actually having your own strategy ah…hahahah..congratulations!! I hope Ji-hyo didn’t get pregnant too soon…hahahah..”

“Owh, hyung!! Nothing like that happened okay….”

“Put me on speaker phone, now…”

Jong Kook switches on his speaker phone.

“Annyong haseyo, Jae-suk oppa!” Ji-hyo greeted Jae-suk.

“Yah, Ji-hyo…what’s going on with you two ah?? One time you’re like in a war, another second you’re already sticking to each other.”

“Ahahaha…oppa, someone comes and knocks the door last night, asking for shelter…he’s very pitiful, oppa…” Ji-hyo’s looking at Kim Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ahh…why did you let him enter your house? What if he does anything to you??”

“He already did, oppa…” Ji-hyo hit back at Jong Kook.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!! Don’t try to create story yahh!! Hyung, this Mong Ji is still dreamy. She’s not even taking her bath yet. Excused what she said.”

Ji-hyo’s already laughing.

“Aiyah these two kids…makes me wanna go to bed again..hahaha..Never mind you two..go and continue your cuddly bubbly..I will see you all later to hear the full story…”

“Hyung, please keep this to yourself yah…I still wanna discuss things with you, before anyone else know about this.”

“Okay, Kim Jong Kook. We’ll meet then. Call me when you’re free..”

“Alrasseo..take care, hyung..”

 

After disconnected the call, Jong Kook smile at Ji-hyo.

“Jae-suk hyung has been a very good family to us ah..I’m so glad to know him.”

“Yeah..he can be a brother, friend,..anything..”

“Ji-hyo ah, we still need to discuss about our relation after this..”

“Ne…I’ll take a bath now….oppa, make yourself at home ah..you want to eat, drink, anything…”

“Let’s take a shower together, since I’m also sweating…”

“No!!!” Ji-hyo quickly run into her room and locks the door. (Aih these Kim Jong Kook has been really naughty and Kookie since yesterday.)

 

After showered, Ji-hyo found Jong Kook at her dry kitchen, looks like preparing some breakfast for her.

“Wahh, Kim Jong Kook…did you prepare breakfast for me?” Ji-hyo asked with high hopes.

“Yess!! Come and have some.”

But disappointingly, the breakfast that Jong Kook prepare is only salad and orange juice.

“Yah oppa…do you think I’m a goat who only eat grass??”

“Ji-hyo ah…this is a very healthy food…you should eat less meat and eat more salad, vegetables and fruits from now on..”

“Oppa…we lost many energy during Running Man..we need to eat heavy food like meat to counter back all our missing energy..” Ji-hyo snout .

Kim Jong Kook hug her from behind.

“Ji-hyo ah…ok, we’ll eat meat for lunch okay? But for now, let’s just finished all this.”

“Hurmmm….I’ll just eat cereal then…”

While they were having breakfast, they discuss about their relationship.

“Oppa…what’s gonna happen to us after this? We can’t come out and declare our relationship right?”

“Do you wanna do that?"

“What? Go public about us?? No!!”

“Hehe…but we still need to tell few peoples, like Jae-suk hyung, and Dong Hoon. We also need to tell our managers about this. We can’t just keep it between us, coz things will get harder later..”

“Tell our managers? You mean, including Baek Chang Joo? Oppa, I’m afraid he’ll get angry.”

“Why? Ji-hyo, we maybe celebrities, but we’re also human being, with normal feelings. Of course we wanna fall in love, and be loved by someone.”

“But oppa…”

“Don’t worry…we’ll do it together…I’ll be with you to explain to him..”

Ji-hyo just continue with her breakfast with her mind wondering if Chang Joo will accept the news happily. As far as she know, Chang Joo had always warned her not to fall in love right now since her name had just risen.

 

In the afternoon, just before they went out to meet Jae-suk and Haha, they broke the news to both managers.

“What do you mean you’re seeing each other? Song Ji-hyo…”

“It means, we’re now dating each other…but, of course we’re not going to publicize this news,” Jong Kook explained. Ji-hyo just keep quiet next to him.

“Kim Jong Kook, do you know that this is bad for her career? She had just started to be known..do you know how hard she works to be where she is today?”

“I know..and I can assure you, we’ll do our best not to jeopardize our career,” Jong Kook answered for Ji-hyo.

“You are being quiet, Ji-hyo…say something..” asked Chang Joo.

“Ermhh…Chang Joo oppa, I know you’re worried about me..but I’m happy to be with Kim Jong Kook. I hope you’ll support my decision and be with us all the way. I promise I won’t disappoint you..”

And now Chang Joo being quiet.

Gap Jin interferes. “So what do you plan to do after this? With tight schedule, you won’t be able to meet frequently. And you still won’t be able to meet openly. Then what’ll happen?”

“Gap Jin, we’ll figure it out. All we need right now, is your support. And we can’t keep this from you guys since you’ll be tagging with us most of the time.”

“Kim Jong Kook, promise me you’ll take a good care of her..you hurt her, and you’ll be facing me..,” warned Chang Joo.

 

Then Baek Chang Joo left the house after they end their conversation.

“Song Ji Hyo, I wish I’m the one who you’d love..I’m the one who’s gonna make you happy..I guess it’s too late now..but I will not lost hope..”

Chang Joo closes his eyes for a minute before started his car and drove off. He left Ji-hyo’s house with thousands of disappointment.