Chapter 27

Beautiful Secret

 

The day has finally arrived. Everything has been set up as planned. Everyone has been given their role to play. The highlight will obviously be Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji-hyo. The surrounding of the ballroom at Best Western Incheon Airport Hotel is now packed with the arrival of invited reporters and media broadcasters. Tight security has been line up to avoid any unnecessary incidents.

As for the guests, all the Running Man casts attend the event for moral support including Kwang Soo and Suk Jin. All these important people have gathered in another small room before they will together enter the ballroom.

When Jong Kook and Ji-hyo arrived together, they walk directly to another waiting room which places only the two of them, their managers, hair stylist and makeup artist. Both have chosen to wear black and white clothes from Bensoni Boutique, owned by Jong Kook childhood friend. Both have also had new haircut and hair color which is light brown copper. Jong Kook and Ji-hyo are pretty much well prepared for this event.

“Hey, are you nervous?” Jong Kook tries to ease the tense on his girlfriend.

“Very…I never thought I’m gonna be this shaky…”

Jong Kook holds both Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Look! It’s just a simple event. Jae-suk hyung will introduce all of us, I will explain about our relationship, and you’ll be saying your part a little bit, then there’ll be questions by the reporters, and that’s it. We’ll be on our way to our vacation.”

“Yeah! I’m only looking forward for that vacation part. Oppa, what if I mess up? What if I’m blank during the interviews?”

“Err well….we don’t call you 'Miss Blank' for no reason right?”

“Oppaaaaa….”

“Ahahaha…don’t worry love. I will be right by your side. I will save you from any kind of humiliation okay?”

“Yeah….hope there won’t be any….”

“Love, it’s only gonna take about two hours the most. Stand by me, okay?”

Their conversation was interrupted by Yoo Jae-suk.

“So, how’s my star doing? You both ready now?”

“I am. But Ji-hyo is too nervous. Please give her some motivation, hyung.”

“Omo, Miss Mong…this is what you normally do for your new movies right? It should be easy for you.”

“That was different, Jae-suk oppa. This is too personal…”

“Nahh! I believe in you, Ji-hyo ah. You are professional in everything you do. You’ll be able to handle it, you’ll see. But if you have panic attack, me and Jong Kook and everybody in front will save you. Don’t worry.”

“Okay! Thanks, oppa. I will do this.”

“Yeobo, you can do this. You’re my ace; you have to be strong, okay?”

“Okay…hwaiting!”

“Fifteen minutes before we’re on!!” Gap Jin announced.

 

All the three of them Jae-suk, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo go to the other waiting room where some of the guests were gathered. PD Jay is also in that room, as well as Haha and his fiancé, Byul. After few minutes of chatting with everyone, it’s time for them to meet the press.

Yoo Jae Suk lead the way entering the ballroom and walk straight to the podium next to the main stage, while Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji-hyo, Gary and PD Jay take their seat at the main stage. Other guests walk up to their reserved seats.

“Annyeonghashimnikka! I am Yoo Jae-suk, and I will be the MC for today. I would like to thank everyone for your time and commitment today. As clueless as some of you might be, the purpose of this event is to justify the real relationship behind all the gossips that had been spread about the Monday Couple, whether it’s true, or just a creation for the show. Also, there is a purpose why Kim Jong Kook is sitting in front here. In fact, he is the organizer for this PC. I hope there’ll be no interruptions and please spare all your questions for the last session. Thank you. With that, I will start with PD Jay to explain about the existence of this ‘Monday Couple’ which I believe was his idea. Please welcome PD Jay, from the Running Man.”

Everyone applause, but PD Jay only needs to speak from his seat, since they have been allocated with their own microphones.

“Annyeonghashimnikka! I’m PD Jay. As you all know, Monday Couple appears in The Running Man, at first is just as a character, with no further intention. But since it received lots of support and encouragement from the fans, the term ‘Monday Couple’ has remained until today. And with the good play by both Gary and Ji-hyo, it makes them more popular than what we expected. But, I strongly denied that we’ve created Monday Couple, to match making Gary and Ji-hyo. What we’re trying to do is just to highlight their personalities, since these two have been very shy at first, and also to make it more fun for the show. However, if you are wondering whether the real feelings between them exist, I think we will have to ask them and I’m sure you’ll get the answer by the end of this event. Thank you.”

“Thank you, PD Jay. Since he’s referring to Gary and Ji-hyo, we will now let Gary to speak, and maybe later on from Ji-hyo.”

“Er…ehem…Annyeonghashimnikka! I’m Gary, as being said, the partner of Miss Song Ji-hyo for Monday Couple. I, firstly would like to thank PD Jay for the creation of Monday Couple. It really helps to highlight my personalities, which I believe many had saw the romantic side of me..ehehee...”

Everyone laugh.

Gary continue, “Pretending with Ji-hyo as Monday Couple, is a very sweet memories for me. Well who wouldn’t be happy to have a girlfriend as beauty as her, smart thinking, bright, brilliant, she’s even tougher than me……although she’s blank sometimes…hehehe…but I am happy to be her couple, even if it’s only on Monday. I know many have cherished and hope, that these Monday Couple becomes real in reality. But, when it involves feelings, love, it is something that you can’t plan, force, or do as a favor for someone else. It is something pure; it is something that will only happen, when the time is right, with the right person. And I can assure everyone,……that I’m not the right person for Song Ji-hyo.”

With Gary’s last sentence, makes everyone start looking to each other and talking among themselves. Ji-hyo and Jong Kook look at Gary with devastated feelings. They know it took a lot of courage for Gary to say that although he said he has move on. Jong Kook grab Ji-hyo’s hand and hold it under the table to calm her. 

“Song Ji-hyo has already found her Mr Right. He’s tough, smart thinking just like her, a good singer, a little bit shy than me actually, but he can protect Ji-hyo, much better than me. He makes Ji-hyo laugh, while I make her cry; he makes Ji-hyo happy, while I make her miserable; he fights for Ji-hyo in reality, while Ji-hyo fights for me in Running Man, which shows I can’t protect Ji-hyo…hahaha…but most important, he loves Song Ji-hyo very much, and so does Ji-hyo. While I can only be Mr Wrong, he is the Mr Right for Song Ji-hyo. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, the love of Ji-hyo’s life……Kim Jong Kook……..”

Everybody applause while still looking surprise to each other. Whispers can be heard everywhere in the room.

“Annyeonghashimnikka! I am Kim Jong Kook,…..First of all, I would like to thank everyone, for coming to this PC. I know this is not such a big issue, but I’m organizing this PC, to be fair to all reporters, media, and everyone….so that everyone gets the same statement on this one day. It is true, as Gary said; I am officially the boyfriend of Song Ji-hyo. We have been seeing each other, more than six months now…Personally, this is not something that we prefer to share with everyone, more than the story of our career. But, we feel that it is time to let everyone knows about us, once and for all. So that we can easily go around without hiding the fact,…that we are in love…This is also a full stop to all those nonsense story saying I’m still waiting for Eun Hye. It should also be a full stop for all stories that tries to relate me with those from my past. I think it’s important to respect the feelings of my now, present girlfriend, and I really hope, that we will get support and bless from everyone. I know with this announcement, we may have created many haters out there, especially those who wish to see Ji-hyo and Gary to be together in real life. But we still hope, everyone will understand the real story of us. Now I would like to ask Ji-hyo for her words, before we proceed to the next session. Thank you!”

Ji-hyo, as nervous as she can be, look blankly to Jong Kook. Jong Kook holds her hand on her lap again, before whispering something to her. At this time, many photographers were snapping their pictures.

“You can do it, love. I love you…..”

Ji-hyo kind of getting new spirit when hearing Jong Kook whispers.

“Annyeonghashimnikka! I am Song Ji-hyo. I am officially the girlfriend of Kim Jong Kook…..I would like to apologize to Monday Couple fans, if this news hurt them. All this while, they have been nothing but supportive to MC. Just like what Kang Gary said, many had wished MC to be a real couple outside the show. However, I don’t see that happening, even from the beginning. Gary is a nice man, funny,…I’m sure many girls, woman, are crazily in love with him and wished to have a boyfriend like him. But unluckily, I’m not one of that many girls who fall in love with him. He deserves a much better person that could treat him well. I really hope, no one put the blame on Kim Jong Kook for this. Even if he’s not in the picture, I still don’t see MC being real in reality. I’m sorry again to all MC fans. I can only ask for your support and bless, for my relation with whoever I choose. Thank you.”

Jong Kook patted Ji-hyo’s shoulder meaning she has done well in the first part. With that, Yoo Jae-suk now opens the next session which is questions and answering session to the audience.

Reporter 1: “Ya Kim Jong Kook. This is totally a shock to everyone since we didn’t have a clue about it at all. You’ve said that you’ve been seeing each other for more than six months now. Why wait until today only to announce it?”

“Erm…we have never plan anything about our love story. It happen one thing at a time. We just proceed with whatever we think is right at that moment. We can’t just announce it to public the moment we are together right? We still need time to know each other. And there’s so many things that we need to consider, before we can announce it.”

Reporter 2: “You’ve been together more than six months. Does this means when Ji-hyo was admitted earlier to the hospital, you were the person who sneaked out late night from the hospital?”

With a shy smile, Jong Kook admit he’s the guy who sneaked out from the hospital.

Reporter 3: “Gary, did you know about this from the beginning? Knowing that you used to have crush with Song Ji-hyo, how well did you accept this fact?”

“Errr…..I didn’t know from the beginning. These two were very smart in keeping secrets, that I didn’t even have the clue they were seeing each other. Until……”

Gary looks at both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. Then continue, “….until they told me about it…Of course I was surprised, but I accept it. It hurt at first, but I’m not a child who would cry over something I can’t get. As an adult, you move on from your hurting past. Besides, I see this as a good chance for me to be with the female guests in Running Man….ehehehe…”

Reporter 3: “Gary, there’s a news before saying you were being seen drunk at various clubs. You also surprised your fans with your tweet earlier about quitting reality show and focus on your singing. Does this related to the fact, that you are hurt when Ji-hyo chooses Jong Kook over you? I also heard that you and Jong Kook were in tense and fighting each other at that moment. Can you confirm that?”

“…….I can confirm that, I’m over Ji-hyo, and she’s with Kim Jong Kook now. Whatever happens in the past, whether it’s good, bad, painful, happy, you just let it go and move forward. If you keep on digging my past, then people will only get backdated news about me. Write something that happens now, today. I don’t see the importance to highlight whether I hit Jong Kook, or Jong Kook kisses me, or we’re both jumping happily in the past.”

Reporter 4: “PD Jay, could it be that Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji-hyo need to hide these stories, because you were afraid it will affect the Running Man ratings?”

“Erm…I’ve always tell Kim Jong Kook and Ji-hyo that, although ratings are important to us, but we’re still human. We did ask them in the beginning if there is something going on between them, but they deny it. So we proceed the show as usual. Only after they told us about it I think last month if I’m not mistaken, I ask them to hold their announcement. Not asking them to hide it, only to hold it. Because we need to give hints to the viewers that there’s something between these two. You cannot just slap them with this kind of news, especially to the MC fans.”

Reporter 5: “Song Ji-hyo, what makes you choose Jong Kook over Gary?”

Ji-hyo seems a little bit surprise to be questioned.

“Aa….I don’t think it is about choosing Jong Kook over Gary. Because it’s not like they were racing to get me. Both Kang Gary and Kim Jong Kook were unique in their own ways. But with Kang Gary, there’s never been any feeling more than a friend; more than a sister to brother. While with Kim Jong Kook, he makes all the feelings within me working…” Ji-hyo turns to look at Jong Kook next to her. “He makes me feel calm, safe, angry, sad, crazy, jealous, excited, surprise, touch, delighted, happy…..but the most important, he makes me feel ‘love’……”

Jong Kook smile lovingly to Ji-hyo. He’s glad Ji-hyo can answer with confidence and didn’t seem nervous anymore.

Reporter 6: “Kim Jong Kook, what is it about Ji-hyo that makes you falling in love? I believe, many didn’t see this coming. You’ve always been describe as shy, gentleman, romantic,…so people would have expect that your partner will be someone like Yoo Eun Hye. If it’s not her, well at least someone like her. Not to say Ji-hyo is not beautiful. But we all know that she’s a little bit tough. No hard feeling, Ji-hyo ah….”

Ji-hyo tries to smile although that statement from the reporter kind of hurt her feelings a little bit. She knows she’s not as beautiful as other girls, although Jong Kook always say she’s pretty. She knows she’s not as ladylike as Eun Hye, but she’s still a lady. To be compared with someone who used to be in Jong Kook’s life in public, really makes her feel down.

Jong Kook noticed the sadness in Ji-hyo’s eyes. He even doesn’t like when anyone tries to compare Ji-hyo with someone else. He believes everyone has their own specialty, their own value. It’s unfair to compare one from another especially when he himself never did that.

“Ji-hyo completes me. She may be different from whoever you wanna compare, but that’s what makes her special. People may saw her as someone tough, tomboyish, not ladylike, but I know her more than anyone else. You’ve got to think this way. Sometimes, what you saw, is not who the person really is. Like you said I’m shy, Ji-hyo knows how shy I am when I’m with her…..”

Ji-hyo interferes, “Believe me…he’s not as shyly as you think…He’s funny, loves to joke around…and loveeeeeeee to tease me a lots…and I mean, really a lots…Sometimes he even teases me till I cried…” Ji-hyo glances at Jong Kook.

Everyone laughs with Ji-hyo’s statement.

Jong Kook then continue, “That’s why I said, you need to know the person internally, not only thru newspaper, gossips. And I believe in what I strongly feel. Ji-hyo really makes me happy and addicted to her love.”

“Wowww…you are deeply, madly in love with her, can I say??” The reporter adds to her question.

“Yes! I can confirm that…..”

“So are we gonna hear wedding bells sooner that we expected? Together with Haha maybe?” One of the reporter ask.

“That…..is something too early, and we never talk about…The moment we make our decision, you’ll be hearing from us…Don’t worry…”

The session goes on for about two hours. When it comes to an end, Yoo Jae-suk close the event with his last words.

“Well, we have come to the end of the event. Again, we would like to express our thanks to everyone who attend this PC. We apologize for any inconvenience situation. We hope for your continuous support to each one of us. As we know, all of us need each other to complete these entertainment industries. May we have a brighter future for the sake of our country. Thank you. Owh, please enjoy some refreshment at the back of the room. Thank you again.”

After Yoo Jae-suk left the podium, all photographers gather in front of the stage for photo session. At first, it is the session for everyone including Kwang Soo, Suk Jin, Haha and Byul. Then it is only for Jae-suk, PD Jay, Gary, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. Then they ask for Gary, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. They pose for various actions. Gary acts like a jealous boyfriend, then Ji-hyo in the middle and both men’s were trying to grab her. Lastly it’s only for Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. Of course there’s an intimate connection between these two loving couple. Jong Kook is openly showing his love towards Ji-hyo in the picture by holding her waist tightly. However Ji-hyo is still shy to even hold his hand.    

While everyone looks happy in the room, by far there’s a pair of eyes looking sadly at those two.

“Are you okay?” Gap Jin asks, making him surprise.

“Of course I am. When Ji-hyo is happy, I will be happy. It means my job is done well.”

“I didn’t mean okay in terms of work. I mean, deep inside your heart.”

“What are you talking about?” Baek Chang Joo ask, didn’t get the point of Gap Jin’s question.

“Hyung, I know your feelings towards Ji-hyo.”

“What?? What do you mean??”

“It’s okay, hyung. You are also human being, who has feelings. You don’t have to worry about it. Ji-hyo didn’t know what you felt for her, that, I can assure you.”

“But…how did you…”

“How did I know?? It doesn’t matter, hyung. But I hope, you will accept the fact that Ji-hyo already has Jong Kook. And I hope you won’t let your feelings affect the professional relationship you have with Ji-hyo.”

With a guilty look, Baek Chang Joo stares the floor.

“I know. I won’t do anything to affect their relationship either. Of course at times I am jealous looking at those two. But Ji-hyo’s happiness is everything that matters to me. And seeing her with Jong Kook,…I never saw her that happy…not during I’m in charge of her before this..Jong Kook is the right man for her…”

 

From the ballroom, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo went upstairs to one of the room which they have book for Ji-hyo’s family and put their luggage before heading to the airport. Even Haha and Byul’s luggage were inside the room. They prepare everything in the room coz they didn’t want to waste time going back to their homes then heading to the airport since the hotel itself is already near to the airport. They say goodbye to Ji-hyo’s family when it’s about time to leave for the airport.

“You be good, Seong-im ah…do not make trouble especially you’re far away from us…” Ji-hyo’s mom adviced her.

“Umma…I’m going for a holiday, not for a war…”

“Yah Kim Jong Kook…please take a good care of her…..do not make her pregnant ah…” Ji-hyo’s dad teasing both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo, making Ji-hyo scream.

“Appaaaa!!!!!! What kind of advice is that…ahhhh…you really embarrassed me…”

“Hahahah…I was joking Seong-im ah…you are being really sensitive lately…and spoiled too…”

Ji-hyo pouted. Jong Kook pats her shoulder, asking her to calm down.

“Don’t worry sir. I promise to take a good care of her. And I’ll make her happy…”

“That’s for sure, Jong Kook ah….”

"Unnie........" Ji-eun call her sister.

"If you are trying to speak rubbish things, then don't!"

"Why are you always angry with me, unnie?? Afraid that Jong Kook oppa might fall in love with me ah??"

"Ahahahha...I'd rather have him falling in love with Bong Sun than you...."

"Yahhh!! Stop fighting over me. I'll marry both of you if you want me so bad.." Jong Kook try to stop the fights by joking.

"Jong Kook hyung, that's the best solution I think. If only I have a sister in law who's crazy for me,......" Haha glance at Byul.

"What did you say?? Try me, jagiya!!" Byul warned Haha by pulling his ears.

"Ahahha...you all have fun and rest a lots. You guys have been working really hard and didn't have any rest. Make sure the trip is worth it. Seong-im, don't be too spoil ah..." Ji-hyo's dad giving advice.

When Gap Jin and Baek Chang Joo giving signs to them, they leave for the airport.

 

Once they were at the airport, they went for check-in and proceed to the departure hall. Since it’s only their managers who are sending them, it’s easier to say goodbye and enter straight to the immigration. Besides, the news about them had been spread out only in few hours which make it safer for them to be inside before being surrounded by the fans.

Even after the immigration checkup, they have been approached by fans who wanna snap pictures. But it is still under control comparing to if they were outside. Once they wanna have their private moments, they choose to stay in the First Class Lounge, which later on, they will be escorted to the flight. That’s the only way to enjoy their privacy. Not that they don’t want to entertain their fans, but after the PC, they need some moment alone.

And when it’s time to get into the flight, Ji-hyo couldn’t be happier.

“This is it….” Ji-hyo looking at her boyfriend, happily.

“Yepp…this is it…gaja!”

“Woohooo….Maldives, here we come….” Haha said from behind, making Byul, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook laughs.

 

 

 

THE OUTFIT FOR JONG KOOK

   

 

THE OUTFIT FOR JI-HYO