Chapter 10

Beautiful Secret

 

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo finally landed on Ji-hyo’s bed. They have been kissing and cuddling and exchange their sweet words to one another. When Ji-hyo broke the kiss, she turns her back to Jong Kook and Jong Kook hugs her from behind. His right hand is on her waist while another hand caresses her hair.

“Oppa….” Ji-hyo said softly.

“Hmmm….”

“We’ve only been together for few days…but it feels like I’ve been with you for a long time..”

“Hurmm…that’s because we’re comfortable being with each other, that we feels like we’ve known each other for a long time. Ji-hyo ah, are you happy to be with me?”

“N-ne..oppa, I haven’t been into many relationship before…but I also never feel this much love comparing to the previous one. Thanks for loving me, Kim Jong Kook..”

Jong Kook landed another sweet long kiss on Ji-hyo’s lips.

“Lioness, can I mark you as mine?”

“Okay…” Ji-hyo answered shyly.

Jong Kook started kissing Ji-hyo’s neck till he found a suitable place to mark on Ji-hyo, which is behind her neck. He gently nibble, and bite at the same place until a pinkish reddish mark appear. It’s the only area he can mark Ji-hyo that can’t be seen obviously.

“Are you okay?” Jong Kook asked sweetly.

“Ermm…I love you..”

“I love you more…let’s sleep, okay..” Jong Kook tighten his hug and Ji-hyo feels comfortable and easily fall asleep.

 

Around 2:00am, Jong Kook’s mobile ringing. Gap Jin make a wakeup call for him to go back home. He slowly remove his hand from Ji-hyo’s and get into the washroom. After washing his face and put on his clothes, he come back to bed and whisper to Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo ah…” and he landed a kiss on her forehead.

“Hurmm….” Ji-hyo is still half in her dreamland and half in reality when Jong Kook call her.

“Ji-hyo, I’m going back now okay…you continue your sleep, okay love?”

“You are leaving now? What time is it? Can you drive at this hour?” Ji-hyo ask many questions with her closed eyes.

“I’m fine! I can drive, don’t worry okay. I’ll see you in few hours.” Ji-hyo tries to open her eyes and want to send Jong Kook to the door but Jong Kook stops her.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to send me. I’ll lock the door. You go back to sleep. Sweet dreams, yeobo!” Jong Kook gives another kiss on Ji-hyo’s lips.

“Hurmm…oppa, drive carefully okay..”

And Ji-hyo’s back into her dream world.

Jong Kook started his car and drive back home.

 

The shooting for Running Man today starts Banpo, Han River Park as early as 6:00am with a theme Running Man Sports Competition. The earliest person arrive is Yoo Jae Suk, followed by Ji Suk Jin. When another car coming, Suk Jin as always guesses it’s either Jong Kook or Ji-hyo. He just love to partner both of them without knowing the truth of their connection. Well his guess is right when it’s Ji-hyo who turn out from the car with a very cheerful face. She even wear a lipstick which she seldom did for Running Man. Suk Jin said she looks like a bride with the lipstick, and Ji-hyo’s face turn red. Jae-suk however seems to know why Ji-hyo looks happy and cheerful, but he only smiles without teasing her.

Jae-suk and Suk Jin were partner together and left for the first mission, while Ji-hyo need to wait for the next person arrived before she can proceed as well. And when she needs to be partner with Haha, they both look at each other awkwardly and started laughing. Of course it feels awkward, when Haha need to partner with his hyung’s girlfriend. When Gary arrived, he seems confuse when Haha said he’s leaving with Ji-hyo. Gary asked for confirmation where are they going, but Haha teasingly mention they are going for vacation, which makes Gary’s jealousy explode. Haha then leave with Ji-hyo and Gary wait for his partner who is Kim Jong Kook. Only Kwang Soo didn’t have any partner and need to do the mission alone.

The first mission is to do a sit-up 60 times which means 30 per person for each team. After success, they need to go to the rest area and throw drinking cans in the dustbin. Once success, the need to proceed to either Chung Ju Dam or Wongju. Ji-hyo and Haha choose to go to Wongju while Kim Jong Kook and Gary choose to go to Chung Ju. On their way, Jong Kook calls Haha.

When Haha saw Jong Kook’s name on his mobile, he’s a little bit panic coz he thought Jong Kook is checking on her girlfriend. But both of them tries to act naturally since they are on speaker phone. After a general conversation between Jong Kook and Haha, Jong Kook suddenly said something to Haha.

“Haha ah..I didn’t say this before…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“You may have gained love, but you lost friendship.”

Haha’s suddenly stunned. Ji-hyo continue the conversation to ease the blank situation by Haha.

“Oppa, keep it up. See you in a bit..”

(Owh, it’s my girlfriend..aihh) “Haha, please drive safely…” (Please take care of my girlfriend.)

“Ahhh….hyungg!!” Haha shout to Jong Kook. But Jong Kook suddenly hang up. “Ahh…there he starts again…” (Jong Kook with his jealousy will never end.)

Jong Kook then talk to Gary, “Ahh..no matter you or me, we are still dumped.”

Then they both laugh.

 

The next mission, they need to catch the guest at Daegu Stadium. The guest for today is IU and Shin Bong-sun. While everyone’s trying so hard to catch the guests, one by one has been eliminated until only Jong Kook and Gary survive.

Gary finds Bong-sun but didn’t know how to eliminate her. Therefore he called Jong Kook. As being known, Bong-sun did have a crush on Jong Kook. So when she finally meet Jong Kook, they both sit in the stadium like a couple having a date. She even talks nicely to Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook needs to use his advantage to eliminate Bong-sun. Bong-sun purposely show her bracelet on her knee and ask Jong Kook to remove it. Jong Kook being a gentleman will never touch a woman unnecessarily, except her girlfriend. Jong Kook seriously feels guilty and doesn’t know what to do. How can he simply touch a woman’s knee just to get rid of the bracelet.

While Jong Kook and Bong-sun have been acting like a dating couple, from far Ji-hyo has been looking with a weird feelings. She knows it’s just a game. She knows it’s just in front camera. But knowing that Bong-sun have a crush on her boyfriend, makes her feels uneasy especially to watch their scene, where Bong-sun have been holding Jong Kook’s hand and showing her knees to Jong Kook.

End of the mission, Jong Kook and Gary have been eliminated by IU. They then proceed to the final mission, which guests can choose to be in which team. Obviously Bong-sun pick Jong Kook’s team, IU choosed Jae-suk’s team and Kwang Soo choose Haha’s team. But Bong-sun is over excited and keeps on hugging Kim Jong Kook. Ji-hyo tries not to look at both of them and just looking at Kwang Soo and Haha. Haha understand Ji-hyo’s feelings and try to entertain her. Even when PD explains about the final mission which is to find five best food in Daegu, Bong-sun keeps on leaning at Jong Kook, pinch his cheek, and pretending like she’s his girlfriend.

After they finish buying the food that they think is the best in Daegu, they gather to meet the PD and crews. Jong Kook’s team and Jae-suk’s team arrived together and waited for Ji-hyo’s team. When Ji-hyo arrived, she saw Bong-sun has been holding Jong Kook’s hand. Her face totally change but she force a smile.

In the end, Ji-hyo’s team lost, and need to do a punishment which is to act as an elevator operator at Daegu City Hall wearing red long underware. It takes about one hour for them to do the punishment. Just after finish the shooting, Ji-hyo, Haha and Kwang Soo prepare to go back. Ji-hyo’s mood totally change today, especially after Bong-sun appear at the stadium.

“Ji-hyo ah, everyone’s waiting at the coffee shop. Let’s go,” Haha tells Ji-hyo.

“Err…oppa, you guys go ahead. I’m not feeling good.”

“Owh, noona..are you sick? Do you want a medicine? I’ll get for you, noona.” Kwang Soo hurriedly gets some medicine and plain water for Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo ah, are you okay? You don’t seem cheerful like this morning.”

“I’m okay. You better go now before everyone’s waiting. I’m leaving now.”

“Owh, noona…here’s your medicine, and your drink.” Kwang Soo comes with a plastic bag.

“Thank you, Kwang Soo ah…you guys have fun yach..let’s go, oppa,” Ji-hyo calls her manager.

Haha get the sense that Ji-hyo feels a little bit jealous with Jong Kook and Bong-sun. And when she knows that Bong-sun and IU joins them at the coffee shop, she refuse to join though she has promise Gary the day before.

 

When Haha and Kwang Soo arrived at the coffee shop, everyone’s looking for Ji-hyo especially Gary.

“Where’s Ji-hyo? Dong Hoon ah, where’s Ji-hyo?” Gary asked.

“Ji-hyo…couldn’t join us…” Haha answered.

“Why? Why? What did you do to her?” Gary grab Haha’s collar and act like he’s going to hit him. “It’s all because of you..she partner with you forcefully till she get sick,” Gary continue his act.

“Heeeyaaa!! She’s not sick because of me…she’s sick because of this Bong-sun…” Haha also play his crazy role.

“What? What about me?” Bong-sun asked, pretending to be angry.

“She’s sick because of your ugly face!” Haha simply joke about Bong-sun, and everyone’s laughing.

“Hey, shorty! You’re just jealous because I’m hanging around with Jong Kook, and not you right? You’re just jealous because you can’t hang out with me for the last time, before you’re tied as a husband right??”

Haha suddenly sit down when hearing Bong-sun mentioning about his marriage.

“Hahaha…yah Dong Hoon ah..why are you suddenly quiet? It’s true is it? You’re just jealous this Bong-sun is with Jong Kook and not you?” Jae-suk started to tease Haha.

“Hyung,…..aihhh I better not say anything…” Haha shut his mouth.

“I better call my girlfriend Ji-hyo and check on her,” Gary suddenly speak up.

Haha look directly to Jong Kook to give a hint. Though Jong Kook doesn’t really get Haha’s meaning, he knows Haha had been trying to say something about Ji-hyo to him. Jong Kook then offer to buy a drink for Haha and Kwang Soo. They both went to the counter to order.

“Dong Hoon ah, is she okay?”

“Hyung, I think she’s a little bit upset with you. Since you’re hanging around with Bong-sun the whole day.”

“Yahh..I have the feeling she’s not okay with all this. What should I do, I’ve been trying to avoid Bong-sun, but she keeps coming to me.”

“Hehe..I don’t know, hyung. But you better sort it out before getting worse.”

Jae-suk suddenly appear.

“Well, well, well…what do we have here..sort of personal secrets?”

“Jae-suk hyung..Ji-hyo’s been jealous with Bong-sun.”

“Aihhh…what’s to be jealous with Bong-sun…Ji-hyo is wayyyyyy much beautiful than Bong-sun. How can she feels jealous with someone not her level?”

“Hyung, watch it..if Bong-sun heard you, she’ll never let you go tonight,” Jong Kook warned Jae-suk to slow down his voice.

“Seriously, I never thought Ji-hyo will be some kind of a jealousy girlfriend,” Jae-suk continue.

“Hyung, that’s because, she’s totally in love with Jong Kook hyung,” Haha answered.

“Yahh Kim Jong Kook. How lucky are you eh? Who would have thought you two will be so deeply in love. All people see is only Monday Couple, Gary and Ji-hyo. But the truth is…”

Their conversation were interrupted when Gary suddenly join them.

“Ahh hyung..Ji-hyo is okay..she’s just tired, but she said she will treat me later…”

“Yahhh….you’re happy Gary?” Jae-suk asked.

“Aih of course hyung. I feel like the next time, it will just be me and Ji-hyo. And I will confess to her on that day….haaaah…” Gary make a dreamy face. Jong Kook just look at Gary, then to Haha and Jae-suk.

 

On his way back, Jong Kook tries to call Ji-hyo. But she didn’t answer. Jong Kook then text her.

        > Love, are you okay? Why aren’t you answering my calls?

        > Babe, I miss you so much....

        > Babe, I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way..

Ji-hyo just came out of bathroom and checks her mobile. She’s surprise to receive few missed calls and sms from Kim Jong Kook. She’s still upset with Jong Kook although she knew it was not his fault. But he doesn’t seem to resist whatever Bong-sun did to him. It’s like he’s enjoying every moments of it.

  • Where are you?

Ji-hyo just reply shortly without calling Jong Kook with “oppa” of “jagiya” or “boyfriend” as always. When Jong Kook receives a reply from Ji-hyo, he’s smiling alone. Even from the text it shows Ji-hyo is upset with him.

        > I’m already at home. Ji-hyo ah, can I call you?

No reply. Jong Kook decides to take a bath. After he settle everything and get ready to sleep, he text his girlfriend again.

        > Yeobo, are you asleep?

No answer. Jong Kook assume Ji-hyo has been sleeping. Just when he’s about to close his eyes, he receive a reply.

  • I’m trying to sleep. I’m even under my cutie blanket, but I couldn’t sleep. Because I’m too upset with you.

Jong Kook laugh alone. Ji-hyo can be really cute sometimes. But for him, his girlfriend is always a cutie. He tries to call Ji-hyo but she still refuse to answer.

        >  Love, please answer my calls. I miss you so much. It’s painful if I didn’t hear your voice before I sleep.

Ji-hyo is already smiling in her room. (Yah, sweet talker. Always know what to say…)

  • No need to call. I don’t wanna talk to you.

        > Please, babe..I hardly spoke to you the whole day today…

  • That’s because you’re busy with your new girlfriend..holding her hands, hugging her, touching her..

        > Ahahah…babe, let me explain..at least, let me say goodnight to you..please, yeobo..

 

Jong Kook just try his luck and call Ji-hyo. After few ringings, Ji-hyo pick up the call but didn’t say anything.

“Yeobo…I miss you…”

Silent. But Ji-hyo is actually smiling when hearing Jong Kook’s voice. Of course she miss him badly today.

“Ji-hyo ah..I’m sorry..mianhae, yeobo…”

After few minutes of silent, “Why?” Ji-hyo ask Kim Jong Kook.

“I’m sorry if you’re hurt with my act today. Everything was unplanned, and you also know what Bong-sun is like. She love to flirt with me but it was nothing.”

“But you seems like you enjoyed it very much.”

“A-ni…but how can I push her in front of the camera..I still need to care for her pride, I can’t embarrassed her in front public. After all, she’s our friend right?”

“A-ni..we’re never friend..and I’m not your friend either…”

“Aigoo…I thought I’m the jealousy one, but it seems like you’re more jealous than me..but I’m happy, coz that means you’re so deeply in love with me…”

“I’m not jealous..I’m just dizzy watching both of you touching one another..get a room next time!”

“Ahahahah….yah, if I get a room, it’s you who’s coming with me, not her…ahahah..”

Ji-hyo is trying so hard not to laugh, or at least not to let Jong Kook hear her laughing.

“Oppa, sing for me…” Ji-hyo is already cool from the jealousy.

“Sing? Hurmm…” Jong Kook then start to sing his song titled I Know Her, “Gojidmarhal temyon malkuthul hurijyo imi da dulkhin gotdo morugo, gurohge yeppunde ottohge sarangul chamjyo, gurol suman itdamyon haru onjongil anajugo shiphjyo….” ~translation: She’s hesitating when telling a lie, she doesn’t know that I know her, she’s so lovely and I can’t help loving her, I want to hug her all day long if I’m allowed to do so..~

Ji-hyo feels touched and lovely with that song, especially since it was sung by her boyfriend. She finds her eyes start watery.

“Love, are you okay? You’ve been quiet.”

“N-ne…thank you, jagiya..it’s lovely..”

“I love you, babe..please don’t be upset anymore okay..please trust my love towards you is for real, no one can easily replace it..”

“N-ne yeobo..hehehe..oppa, I need to sleep now. I have early appointment for script reading tomorrow.”

“Owh, okay..tell me about it when you finished okay? Love you.”

“I love you too, boyfriend…sweet dreams k…taaa!”

They both fall asleep peacefully, without any grudge.

 

 

The song I Know Her (with translation) by Kim Jong Kook can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJkQ727Z7g