Chapter 8

Beautiful Secret

Jong Kook has been quiet during the journey to the photo shoot session. Seems like he’s been thinking a lot on his mind. Gap Jin tries to break the silence.

“Haiih…I thought spending two days two nights with your girlfriend had been enough for you, Kim Jong Kook. What’s on your mind?”

“Huh…I wish it was enough…and you can’t really say that we’re spending the whole days and nights together alone coz there were always someone else in between.”

“Hahahha…it’s only been two days with distraction from other people and you’re already whining. Jong Kook ah, how will you imagine your relationship after this? When you both will be busy with tight schedule?”

“Frankly, I don’t know Gap Jin. But I don’t wanna imagine either. I just want to take one thing at a time.”

“It’ll be much easier if you publicize it. Then you can be with Ji-hyo anytime you want. But if you choose to hide it, that’s when the problems exist.”

“I wish I could reveal it to the public, Gap Jin. But it’s not as easy as being said. Ji-hyo has just made it for her career. And she has many supporters of her and Gary. When she was close with Jong Ki in Running Man, she receives many hatred letters from Monday Couple fans and also Jong Ki’s fans. So I can’t imagine if I blew up about us, what’s gonna happen to her. I don’t mind about myself, coz I’ve been in this line for quite a long time. But for her, it’s just not worth it to risks her career only to make our relationship works. I can’t be selfish about this.”

“If that’s the case, then you will have to be really strong handling your feelings towards her.”

“I know..and I thought I can handle it…but…..”

Jong Kook stops his words.

“What is it, Jong Kook?”

“I am prepared to be secretive about me and Ji-hyo…but to know there are many who have crush at Ji-hyo, make me feel insecure…”

“What do you mean?”

“Gary…..actually likes Ji-hyo..it’s only a matter of time before he confess to Ji-hyo..” Jong Kook said, hopelessly.

“Then, you aren’t gonna tell him about you and Ji-hyo? This will be really hard, JK. You are with Ji-hyo most of the time during Running Man, together with Gary as well. How can you keep it from him?”

“I don’t know…and now not only him, I need to deal with another person.”

“Who?”

“Did you know why Chang Joo was drunk last night? I think it’s because he’s frustrated to hear Ji-hyo is with me now.”

“What?? I didn’t get it..you mean, he doesn’t like you with Ji-hyo?”

“I don’t know if he prefers me or anyone else with Ji-hyo…but all I know he’s also falling for Ji-hyo..not as a manager, not as a brother, but as her lover….”

“Ohhhh….are you sure??”

“That’s what he said, when he’s drunk. It’s not impossible, right? Since he’s been spending his whole time taking care of Ji-hyo.”

“Then what did Ji-hyo said about this?”

“She didn’t know..I didn’t tell her…I don’t want her to be awkward with Chang Joo later on..”

“Jong Kook ah…but it’s really impossible for you to handle this alone…at least if Ji-hyo knew about this, she will be extra careful with her manager.”

“I don’t know what to think right now…maybe in few days I’ll let her know..we’ll see..”

Gap Jin sigh when Jong Kook already look out to the window. He knew Jong Kook has a good heart. Jong Kook will try his very best to make everyone happy and not hurting anyone. That is why he always ended being alone. Coz all he’s been thinking is about other people. He will keep everything within himself and suffer alone.

 

While at Chang Joo’s house, Ji-hyo already prepared to leave.

“Oppa, are you sure you’re okay to stay alone?”

“Haha…I’m okay…I can handle it..I’m much better today than yesterday..”

“Owh…okay…ermm, oppa, do you want to share your problems? To see you being drunk like last night is just unthinkable. You always knew what’s good and what’s bad…but when you choose to be like last night, there must be something that tenses you…”

(I don’t know if I should confess my feelings to you now, Mong Ji..I guess it’s too late..)

“I….it’s nothing…just something trashes my mind, and I can’t handle it anymore…so I try to ease my cramp mind…it’s nothing serious, really..”

“Yahh…but you scared me, still…if it’s not for Jong Kook, I’ll go berserk and don’t know what to do..”

“Kim Jong Kook….yeah, thanks to him…”

Ji-hyo’s face suddenly lighten up when thinking about Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah…you are really happy with Kim Jong Kook now eh?”

Ji-hyo feels like her face blushed.

“N-ne…”

“I thought so…it shows…”

“What? Really?” Ji-hyo dap her face to cover up he shyness.

“Hahaha…I’ve been with you for few years now…I can see even a tiny changes on you..it’s good to see you are happy, so you don’t have to worry with your blushes.”

“Oppa…stop talking about me,..hehe….I’m leaving now..you take care, okay..”

“Okay, I will..don’t worry..So I’ll fetch you tomorrow for Running Man shoots.”

“Errr…I’ll let you know the arrangement for tomorrow…coz Jong Kook’s car is with me…so maybe I’ll be driving or….I’ll let you know later, yah…see you, oppa..”

“N-ne..thanks again..”

Just after Ji-hyo left, Chang Joo lies on the couch with his eyes close. He’s happy for Ji-hyo, but he’s hurting at the same time. Now that Ji-hyo is already with Jong Kook, he already feels the gap between him and Ji-hyo.

 

Ji-hyo text her boyfriend about her departure from Chang Joo’s house. Just so that her boyfriend will stop worrying about her.

  • Oppa, I’m leaving now. So don’t worry okay?

Jong Kook smiles when he received sms from Ji-hyo.

        >   Okay, Jagiya..drive safely and don’t be naughty okay.

  • Yahhh…what’s with Jagiya?? Call me something else, uncommon…anyway, I’ve missed you already…can you be with me right now??

Ji-hyo simply wanna tease Jong Kook.

        >   You know if it wasn’t because of work, I’ve fly for you. I miss you too, babe. Text me when you arrived, k? Love you….

  • K..love you toooo….

Jong Kook had been smiling since receiving the text from Ji-hyo.

“Urghhhh….I don’t know how long I can stand to see you smile like this…I really hope I’m strong enough and won’t get dizzy with your love action,” Gap Jin let out his feeling.

“Hahaha….yah, shouldn’t you be happy? You’ve always wanna see me with someone right?”

“Yess…but not secretly…I hope you’ll be with someone and let everyone knows so that I don’t have to answer the same question over and over again.”

“Hahaha…I’ll try my best not to trouble you so much…”

 

They’ve arrived at the studio to shoot for Fever Green. Kim Jong Kook straight away go to change his clothes and touch up and get ready for the shoot. Though he’s ready in an hour, but his female partner takes a longer time to be ready. While waiting, he keeps on scrolling and tapping his mobile.

Just as Ji-hyo’s name appear on phone screen, he’s already smiling.

“Yoboseyo!” greet Jong Kook, happily.

“Owhhh…you sounds happy..what’s up??” Ji-hyo’s reply.

“Well, my girlfriend is calling me, of course I’m happy. Where are you?” Jong Kook starts whispering.

“I’ve reach my house. Just want to let you know that. Have you started your photo-shoots?”

“Not yet..waiting for my partner to get ready..”

“Partner? He or she??” Ji-hyo asked curiously.

Jong Kook’s already laughing.

“She…but I can assure you, that you’re the winner in my heart.”

“And I am sure, that she’s a pretty lady?” Ji-hyo starting to get worried.

“A-ni..don’t worry..I’m yours, and you’re mine…let’s trust each other okay?” Kim Jong Kook tries to calm Ji-hyo. It’s not really Ji-hyo’s style to easily get jealous. But when it’s related to Kim Jong Kook, she’s automatically jealous when he’s with a girl. It seems that Kim Jong Kook is not the only one who feels insecure. Ji-hyo feels the same.

The director is already calling to start the shoot.

“Ji-hyo ah, I need to go now…we’re starting the shoots now…”

“Ohh…okay…Oppa, I’m going to sleep for a while..need to cover up all my sleeps for the past few days…don’t call me ya..Just text me, and I’ll reply once I wake up.”

“N-ne…don’t skip your lunch as well…I’ll call you probably at night…but let me know if there’s anything okay? You take care of yourself…”

“Okay, my love…Oppa, I love you…”

Kim Jong Kook smiles. Just when he’s about to reply the same, he was surrounding by many people so it’s impossible for him to say “I love you” to Ji-hyo. They will definitely know that he’s in love and the news will spread out.

“Errr….okay…I’ll see you then..”

“Oppa…I want to hear it…”

“What?? Err….the situation is just not okay right now..I’ll repay tonight, okay?” Jong Kook still whispering.

“No! I want to hear it now!” Ji-hyo stresses her words, but at the same time she has been covering not to let Jong Kook know that she’s smiling. She can imagine Jong Kook’s panic face right now.

“Err…I really have to go….pleaseeeee…” Jong Kook whispers again.

“Bwahahaa….Oppa, I bet your eyes are really small right now…hahah…okay, got it..talk to you later, k…”

“Alright. Bye!”

They hung up.

 

The shoot goes on for about three hours. Although it’s been a long day, but Kim Jong Kook is still in a happy mood and always smiling.

“Well, someone’s in a good mood today,” said the Director to Kim Jong Kook.

“What? It’s good to be happy for the shoot isn’t it?” Jong Kook answered.

“But this is different, JK. Your face seems glowing and fresh and…I don’t know…but you look really happy…or perhaps you’re in love right now??” the Director simply guesses.

“Ahahahah…what is this? First glowing, then I’m in love? Ahahah…you can’t simply guess just from how someone looks like, isn’t it?”

“Jong Kook ah…it’s not only that…we saw you speaking with someone on the phone secretly…but I don’t want to ask before the shoots, afraid that it’s gonna effect the work today….come on…just let me know…I’m happy if you’re seeing someone now…”

“Ahhaha…hyung, I better leave now before you start predicting all my body reaction. Anyway, I’ll see you again when the picture’s & editing is okay yach? Thanks, hyung…”

“Alright….Jong Kook ah, share us the news okay??”

Jong Kook just wave goodbye and left with smiles.

 

“Feuhhh! That was close,” Jong Kook talk to himself.

“You know sooner or later people will start noticing things. So you’ve got to be all prepared,” Gap Jin adviced.

Kim Jong Kook understands what Gap Jin’s trying to tell him.

 

Just when he arrived home, he cleans himself and get ready to sleep. He need to rest before continue the Running Man shoot for tomorrow. But before entering the dreamy land, he text his girlfriend.

        >   Hi, Lioness…are you awake? Or did you continue to sleep till tomorrow?

After few seconds, he received a reply.

  • Hi, boyfriend. I’m awake waiting for someone before I can go back to sleep.

        >   Waiting for someone? Who is it?

  • Waiting for my boyfriend, silly...who else. Are you at home now?

Jong Kook directly calls Ji-hyo.

“Yoboseyo!” Ji-hyo answered, happily.

“Hi, girlfriend. Did I disturb your sweet time?”

“A-ni…oppa, are you at home already?”

“Why? Owh….someone seems curious to know...someone looks like making a spot check if I’m out having fun with my shooting partner.”

“Excuse me! That was just a general question. And why is it that you didn’t answer my question?”

“Ahahah, don’t be angry, dear. Yes I’m at home, in my room, on my bed.”

“Owh..you must be tired then. Just take a rest and go to sleep okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Wait! I still wanna talk to you.”

“Sure! But tomorrow is gonna be another long day. Don’t you wanna recharge your energy?”

“I am recharging…when I hear your voice…” Jong Kook speaks softly, sort of in a seducing tone.

Ji-hyo feels like she’s deeply in love with Jong Kook. Whatever he said sounds perfect in her ears. His words can simply melt her in a second.

“Oppa, you’re such a sweet talker. Have you take your dinner?”

“Already, how about you?”

“I actually woke up because I’m hungry. Hehehe…”

“Yah, Ji-hyo ahh…try to control a little bit..or I won’t be able to carry you in the future.”

“Well, I can ask someone else to carry me then…” Ji-hyo tease Jong Kook.

“What? If it’s in the game, I can do nothing about it. But outside the shoots, don’t you dare let anyone else carry you. And besides, do you really think there’s anyone else who’s willing to carry you? I’m the only tough guy among others.”

“My manager can carry me. He did once when I had an injury and couldn’t walk.”

Kim Jong Kook suddenly goes silent to heard Ji-hyo mentioning her manager.

“Oppa…are you still there? Owh, are you angry at me? Oppa, mianhae…you know I love to tease you….I’m sorry, oppa…”

“I’m fine..don’t worry. I know my girlfriend is quite naughty especially when she’s with me..hehe…Ji-hyo ah, let’s sleep now. I’ll see you tomorrow okay. Owh, and I’ll get my car after the shoots. You come with Chang Joo tomorrow yach?”

“Okay, boss….hehe..I’ll see you tomorrow…ermm, I love you, Kim Jong Kook…” Ji-hyo tries to express her love in a very romantic tone.

“I love you, Song Ji Hyo…go to sleep okay? Good nite!”

“N-ne…good nite, love!”

And they both hang up with a smiling faces.