Chapter 16

Beautiful Secret

 

It’s 5:00am when Jong Kook’s alarm ringing. He gets into the bathroom and gets a shower. After he’s done, he wakes up Ji-hyo who’s sleeping peacefully.

“Babe…..” Jong Kook shake Ji-hyo’s shoulder lightly.

“Hurmmm……” Ji-hyo answered in drowsy.

“Morning, love…wake up, please…”

“Hurmm….what time is it, oppa??”

“It’s 5.30am now…I need to be at the set by 8:30am.”

“Sooo early…..”

“Yes my love..come on…”

“Oppaaa….it’s too cold…” Ji-hyo’s voice sounds tempting.

“Hey sleepyhead..wake up now....you can continue to sleep in the car okay?”

“Hurmm……” Ji-hyo still did not open her eyes.

“If you don’t wake up, I’ll carry you to the bathroom and we’ll shower together. How’s that? I’ve been longing to watch you …” Jong Kook threatens Ji-hyo jokingly.

“Yah!! Fine!! I’ll wake up now…always blackmailing me…huh!!”

 

Jong Kook smile and left Ji-hyo in the room. He went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. He just cooks scramble egg with hotdog and pour some juice for both of them. Just when he finished preparing the breakfast, he heard Ji-hyo screaming. He rushed to his bedroom.

“Hey, babe…what’s wrong??”

Ji-hyo who already wear her jeans and simple t-shirt suddenly throw her towel to Jong Kook’s face.

“Yah, what did I do??”

Ji-hyo come closer to Jong Kook.

“What is this??” Ji-hyo asked Jong Kook while showing her bare silky neck.

Jong Kook laughs pretty loud when he saw the hickeys that he made all around Ji-hyo’s neck. Usually he will place it somewhere that’s not obvious.

“How can you do this all over my neck??”

“Ahahaha…mianhae, yeobo…you smell so delicious last night…I thought I was just kissing you, without leaving any marks…hehehe…”

“You…….I will get revenge later…..” Ji-hyo threatens her boyfriend.

“If you are planning to mark me as well, you’re welcome to do that now, yeobo….”

“Owh really?? How nice of you….in your dream!!”

“Owh come on…it’s not that bad…you can just tell everyone its allergy or something…”

“Yeah right!! I can tell that to the blind people…huh…I don’t know if I have a turtle neck shirt in my bag….”

“You can wear mine, if you want….hehe…”

“Aihh…..I really can’t talk to you right now…”

“Love, I’m sorry…I thought you knew what I did last night..but you don’t even stop me right? So it’s your fault as well…hah..”

Ji-hyo stares at her boyfriend.

“Okay! Okay! It’s my fault. Next time, I’ll do it somewhere else….I’ll do it where people can’t see….like on your chest….”

“Kim Jong Kook!! You really want me to bite you right now is it??”

“Okay, I surrender….ermm, I’ll wait outside k….breakfast is ready, and it’s not grass…come out when you’re done okay, yeobo?? I love you…”

Jong Kook left Ji-hyo to change her clothes.

 

After finished their breakfast, they leave the house. Jong Kook drive to send Ji-hyo at her family’s home before proceed to the Running Man set. The journey to Ji-hyo’s house took about an hour driving.

 

When Ji-hyo arrived at her house, she enters her family house quietly since it’s still early morning. She assume her sister and brother is still sleeping, while her dad may have left to the office. She search for her mom inside the house but she found her brother Ji-won in the kitchen.

“Owh, noona!!” Ji-won hug her sister. “How are you doing? I’m sorry I can’t visit you at the hospital. I have exams and umma and appa didn’t allow me to.”

“Kwaenchan-ha..don’t worry about it. You’re up early surprisingly.”

“I need to be in college to finish my assignment.”

“Owh…Ji-won ah, study smart okay. Make umma and appa and me proud.”

“Of course! Hehehe…noona, I’m so happy to finally meet you. It’s been a long time since you come back home.”

“N-ne! That’s how it is if you’re being an actress like me. So Ji-won, you need to study smart to find a better job than me.”

“Okay, noona! I promise you.”

“My lovely brother….ermm, where’s umma? She’s still sleeping?”

“A-ni! She went to the market.”

“Owh..okay..I’m going to rest Ji-won ah…I’ll see you when you get back okay…”

“Okay, noona!”

 

Ji-hyo went to her room to put her bag. She then checks in the mirror the hickeys that have been all over her neck. “Chih…pabo boyfriend…” she said to herself with smile. She’s not really angry with Jong Kook. She’s just surprise that Jong Kook had not been careful this time. Luckily she has a turtleneck shirt in her bag. While she’s been wondering about her boyfriend, she remembers of her sister, Ji-eun.

Slowly she tiptoes into Ji-eun’s room. Ji-eun is sleeping like a baby. She choose to sister.

“Ji-eun ahhh……” she call softly.

No movement.

“Ji-eun ahhh…Ji-eun….woooo…..”

Still no movement. Ji-hyo sit next to her sister and blow her ears.

“Ji-eun….weeehoooo…..”

Ji-eun rub her ears when she feels wind blow he ears. Ji-hyo laughs softly.

“Ji-eun….”

Getting fed-up, Ji-hyo hit her sister lightly.

“Yahh!! Wake up you!!”

“Unnie, why do you have to be in my dream as well?? Why can’t you let me and Jong Kook oppa alone in my dream? You already have him in real life….” Ji-eun mumble dreamily.

“Aihh this kid….”

Ji-hyo starts to make the bed bouncing. “Wake up! Wake up! Ji-eun wake up!!”

And her sister finally open her eyes.

“Arghhh….unnie!! Stop it!!”

“I won’t stop till you get up….”

“Yahh!! I already open my eyes…so stop it!!” Ji-eun complained while rubbing her eyes.

Ji-hyo finally stop jumping and sit next to her sister.

“Ahhh, you really can’t leave me alone unnie. How’s your honeymoon?”

“What honeymoon? Pabo! Yahh how can you let umma went to market alone, and you sleeping nicely here?“

“She didn’t wake me, which means she don’t mind going alone….unnie, what time is it?” Ji-eun looks at her clock. “Aihhhh, it’s only 7:30am..what are you doing here very early?”

“Jong Kook needs to be on the set by 8:30am. So he send me first.”

“Hurmm…very loving and caring boyfriend.”

“You better stop dreaming about my boyfriend, or I’ll shave your head when you’re sleeping.”

“Aihh, you really need to control your jealousy, unnie…I will not steal him from you…….but if he’s in love with me, I will not resist…hahah!”

“Dream on!”

 

While the two sisters were chatting, their mom came back from the market and has been calling for Ji-hyo, since she saw her shoes. Ji-hyo went out to greet her mom.

“Umma….” Ji-hyo hugs her mom.

“Owh Ji-hyo. How did you come? I don’t see your car outside.”

“Erm…my friend send me…”

“Ahhh, friend…someone from Running Man?”

“Owh…umma, how did you know?”

“Well, motherly instinct. You can’t hide from me forever, Ji-hyo ah.”

“I’m not hiding…hehehe….owh umma, these are lots of groceries…are you planning a party?”

“Owh, Ji-eun said you’re inviting someone special for dinner tonight. So I’ll cook something special for your special one tonight.”

“Mwuh? Tonight?” (I’m gonna kill this girl…)

“Well, she said you’ll be introducing someone, coz earlier at the hospital you’re shy to tell me..so she said you’re planning for a dinner..and since your appa will be leaving for the States tomorrow night, tonight is the only night he’s available…”

“Owh…okay…umma, I’ll go and get change and come down to help you later okay…”

 

Ji-hyo walk into her sister room only to find her continue sleeping.

“Yahhh, sleepyhead!! Get up!!” Ji-hyo shouted to her sister ears.

“Unnie, what else??”

“Did you tell umma to prepare for dinner for my special one tonight??”

Ji-eun suddenly remember about the dinner and sit up. Ji-hyo already grab a pillow to hit her sister.

“Unnie, I can explain.”

“Please do, now!!”

“Okay…last night, when I mentioned about you want to stay at your house, umma and appa have been asking this and that and in order to stop them from talking, I just mention about you will be inviting your special one for dinner at our house. They were surprise, but excited especially appa. But appa is leaving for the States tomorrow night, so that leaves only tonight for the dinner.”

“But you can at least inform me.”

“I don’t wanna interrupt your honeymoon..hehe..”

“Aihhh this crazy kid…now you go and invite Jong Kook yourself and deal with this. I don’t even know if he’s free tonight.”

“Unnie, can you call for me? Then I’ll speak to him.”

 

Ji-hyo start to dial Jong Kook’s number since her sister insists. She assume Jong Kook have not start shooting yet.

“Yeoboseyo!” Jong Kook answer.

“Yeoboseyo, oppa! It’s me.”

“Of course I know when my loved one call. What’s up, love? Missing me already?” Jong Kook ask with smile.

“Chih! Do you think I don’t have better things to do?”

“I know you’d prefer to sleep now. Hahah!!…So when you’re calling me this early, there must be something important. What’s up?”

“This crazy kid have something to ask you. Hang on.”

“Oppa….” Ji-eun speak to Kim Jong Kook in a very sweet voice.

Ji-hyo look disgusted.

“Owh, Ji-eun ah…what’s up?”

“Oppa,….ermm….are you free tonight??”

“Tonight? I only have Running Man shooting for today. But I don’t know what time I’ll finish. Why? Wanna ask me for a date? Hehe..”

“Owhhh….oppa, you better be careful. The lioness beside me is waiting to pounce me. Hahak! Oppa…ermm, can you come for dinner at our house tonight? Umma and appa wanna meet you..”

“Omo…tonight?? This is really fast…but why so sudden, Ji-eun? Your sister didn’t say anything yesterday…”

“That’s because she only knew this morning..hehe…I forgot to text her yesterday….so can you make it, oppa?”

“Well, I can’t really promise you, Ji-eun..like I said, I don’t know what time I’ll finish shooting. I’m afraid I’ll be late.”

“It’s okay, oppa. As long you come tonight. My appa is leaving for outstation tomorrow, so he wants to meet you tonight.”

“So you mean he already know about me?”

“He doesn’t really know who…but he know tonight unnie’s boyfriend will come…please, oppa…”

“Tell you what. I’ll check with PD and text you the updates okay?”

“Yeay! I’ll be waiting for you, oppa. Thank you!”

Ji-eun then pass the phone to her sister.

“It’s me…oppa, sorry for this kid..”

“It’s okay, Ji-hyo ah. I’m just afraid I couldn’t make it tonight. It’s not good for first impression if I come late right?”

“I know…blame this fella..She simply plan it without even asking me…mianhae, oppa..but if you really can’t make it, don’t feel guilty..It’s not your fault anyway..”

“It’s okay, love..don’t be mad at your sister..I’m sure she only thinks the best for you. I’ll get back to you for the updates, okay? I love you..”

“Okay! Thanks, oppa.”

“Is that all? No ‘I love you’? No kiss?”

“Oppa…please…not in front of this kid…”

“Why? She already know we’re deeply in love…why being shy now?” Jong Kook teases Ji-hyo.

“Don’t make me do this in front of her, oppa…” Ji-hyo whispering.

“Yah!! It’s not like I never saw or hear anything before this..just say it will you?? I love you, Kim Jong Kook!!” Ji-eun shouts from behind.

Ji-hyo quickly run from her sister. “Okay oppa. I love you! I gotta go…and kill this kid..bye!” Ji-hyo disconnects the line.

“Yahh, pabo! Wait until I get revenge on you.” Ji-hyo threatens with laughs.

“Hahahah….I love you, oppa….auuwww…”

Ji-hyo hurried get out of Ji-eun’s room and help her mother in the kitchen.

 

Luckily the shoots finished around 7:00pm. Jong Kook rush and change his clothes and proceed to Ji-hyo family’s house. He stop by some wine shop and bought a bottle for Ji-hyo’s dad. He also bring some meat for Ji-hyo’s mother.

When he arrives, he sits for a little while inside his car, calming himself. When he’s ready, he walks out to the door. He’s happy to be greeted by Ji-hyo, same as Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo invites him to come inside and introduce to her parents.

“Umma, appa, meet Kim Jong Kook…”

“Owh….I thought…” Ji-hyo’s mom seems surprise to see Kim Jong Kook. She’s expecting someone else.

“Owh Kim Jong Kook…did you come alone?” Ji-hyo’s dad start his conversation.

“Yes, sir. I come alone…”

“Umma, are you okay? You seem surprise?”

“Err….please have a seat, Jong Kook ah….”

And there goes the bell at the door. Ji-eun get the door but too surprise to see Gary at the door.

“Owh, Kang Gary…”

“Ahh hello Ji-eun ah….surprise!!” Gary looks excited.

“What are you doing here? This is a total surprise.”

“Well of course. Your mom wanna make a surprise for your sister. I think she’s gonna jump when she saw me…your mom is brilliant.”

“Owhh….please….come in…” Ji-eun has no words to say. She’s more to shock than surprise.

 

When Gary enters the living room, he’s surprise to see Kim Jong Kook, as well as Jong Kook and Ji-hyo surprise to see him.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Gary greeted.

“Owh, Gary…please, come! Come!” Ji-hyo’s mother invites Gary.

“N-ne, thank you. Owh Kim Jong Kook, what are you doing here?”

“Err….me? Err…..” Jong Kook have no words to fill in his blank mind.

“Jong Kook oppa come here for me…..I invited  him…..” Ji-eun come to the rescue.