Chapter 36

Beautiful Secret

 

Today is the first day Ji-eun will act as Jong Kook’s girlfriend. She’s nervous a little bit, but because she's also crazy, she can act normal whatever character she needs to play.

“Where are you going?” Ji-eun’s mom start asking.

“Erm….I have rehearsal for the fashion show tonight at Sheraton….”

“Owh…you left your car keys here….”

“Aa….I’m going with my friend…..”

“Your friend? Who is it? Didn’t you always drive yourself when you have shows at night?”

“Yeah….but my friend is willing to fetch and send me home..”

“Who’s your friend?”

Just as Ji-eun want to answer, Ji-hyo came out from her room.

“Owh…where are you going this early?” Ji-hyo asked.

“I need to go for rehearsal for tonight. Err….my friend is waiting outside..I gotta go…bye!!”

“Hah? Your friend?” Ji-hyo ask again but Ji-eun already walks out. “Since when did she has a friend fetching her, umma?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t even tell her name….owh I don’t even know if it’s a he or she….”

“Umma, it must be a guy….girls hardly wanna fetch their friends, especially her modeling friends.”

Ji-hyo then tries to peek Ji-eun and her so-called friend.

When the car drove away, Ji-hyo is surprised to see Jong Kook’s car.

“Umma….did…she said who’s fetching and sending her??”

“A-ni! Wae?”

“Nothing…erm…I’m leaving for shooting…”

 

While in Jong Kook’s car, Ji-eun is excited her first plan goes well.

“You look happy…” Jong Kook approach.

“Of course….she saw I got into your car…she must be wondering now..”

Ji-eun then received an sms from Ji-hyo.

“Ahaha….I told you, oppa. See?” Ji-eun show Ji-hyo’s sms to Jong Kook. 

“Wow…you have great instinct. Erm, did she text she missed me? Hehe…”

“Oppa, pleaseeee…..don’t expect too much…this is just the beginning…”

“Well, I’m just trying my luck…who knows…ahh, I really wanna get over this as fast as possible…”

“You missed her, didn’t you?”

“Veryyy much,….especially we were together in Maldives…Those moments are priceless.”

“Oppa, hang in there a little while. I promise I’ll get her back for you.”

“Ahaha….neh! Gomawo, Ji-eun ah. At least I’m not that hopeless now.”

“Aihh…oppa, I bet people never saw this weak side of yours. Everyone must be thinking you’re a tough man, with no feelings. Hahaha…even I can never imagine before this that you’re a romantic guy.”

“Well I’m not. I’m just so in love with your sister, that everything I wanna do comes naturally.”

“Woww…you’re so cheesy…hehe…okay, anyway, you’ll send me home tonight right?”

“Anything you said, boss.”

“Hahah..it’s nice to be someone else boss…and have a personal driver…kekeke…”

“Yah!! Don’t over acting…”

Another text comes in from Ji-hyo.

“Aishh…your jealous girlfriend really can’t leave me alone,” Ji-eun said while replying Ji-hyo’s text.

 

When Jong Kook arrives at the Running Man set, he walks happily to Haha and Jae-suk.

“Owh…somebody’s face is glowing…” Haha hint to Jae-suk.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook…you look happy…are you out of your shabby zone now?” Jae-suk ask.

“Aih…I’m never in any shabby moments. I just need time to heal. But thank God I’ve recover…”

“Owh? Does it involve women?” Haha ask Jong Kook.

“N-neh!” Jong Kook smile answering it, since he’s sure Ji-hyo could hear him.

“Waaa….who’s that lucky girl? She must be special, since she can cure your frustration.”

“N-neh…she is special…She’s been there during my hard time…..” Jong Kook glances at Ji-hyo, but Ji-hyo quickly looks somewhere else.

 

When all the main cast already arrived, they start the shooting. This episode is about Winter Olympic Special which means Running Man team versus Idol Team. Ji-hyo was asked to stand next to Jong Kook during the opening. Although she’s not okay with that, but as soon as the shooting start, she and Jong Kook plays their character professionally like there’s no problems between them.

In the last game, which is the Rotation Time Chase, the Running Man started to be the chaser. Ji-hyo had team up with Jong Kook to complete the mission while the others spread somewhere else. Both Spartace manage to eliminate L from Infinite and Jonghyun from CN-Blue until they switch task which the Idols are now the chaser.

Jong Kook automatically grab Ji-hyo’s hand and find a place to hide. They get into a filing room and Jong Kook ask Ji-hyo to hide in between the steel filing cabinets. Jong Kook then whispers to both his and Ji-hyo’s VJ, Kim Ki Jin and Sung Gyu to turn off the lights and do him favors to stop recording in the dark and other personal favors.

When the lights are off, the room turns very dark that you cannot see a thing. Jong Kook walks to where Ji-hyo is hiding.

“Ji-hyo ah…..where are you?” Jong Kook talks slowly, afraid the chaser might hear them.

“I’m here…by the wall….”

Jong Kook gets near Ji-hyo step by step, afraid that he will knock something.

“Ji-hyo ah…when there’s only few seconds left, I’m going to lure them to come here. By the time they came, we should have switch roles and they can’t move during pause time to hide. As soon as the pause is off, we’ll grab as many tags as we can and eliminate them. Okay?”

“N-neh!”

“Okay..now let’s just hide here quietly….”

Jong Kook is already standing close to Ji-hyo who’s leaning at the wall.

“Oppa, I think you’re standing too close to me..” Ji-hyo whispers.

“N-neh?” Jong Kook pretends he didn’t know it.

Suddenly Ji-hyo feels someone holding her hand and another hand on her neck. She knew it was Kim Jong Kook.

“Owh…oppa….” Ji-hyo whispers.

“Ssyhhh…….just listen…..” Jong Kook whispers to Ji-hyo’s ears. Ji-hyo is like being spelled that she just keep quiet as instructed.

“I miss you, baby………I can’t live without you…..” Jong Kook whispers again and started to kiss Ji-hyo’s ears.

“………Oppa, please…….” Ji-hyo felt butterflies in her tummy. Obviously she missed Kim Jong Kook so much, but she keep telling herself that they’ve broke up.

“Babe,……..please…..love me again….” Jong Kook still trying to seduce Ji-hyo thru her ears.

“…………….Oppa………”

Just when Ji-hyo tries to answer, Jong Kook is already kissing her lips, making her speechless. In between the kisses, Jong Kook keep on saying “I miss you so much, babe….” and “I love you too much…..”.

Part of Ji-hyo wanted to refuse the kiss but she can’t lie to her own feelings. She missed Jong Kook as much as Jong Kook missed her. Without realized, she actually gives response to Jong Kook’s kisses and they both fight for dominance.

When Jong Kook break the kisses, letting them both catching their breath, he snake out one hand to Ji-hyo’s waist and another still at Ji-hyo’s neck. He laid his head on Ji-hyo’s shoulder, like a baby trying to sleep. 

“……………You missed me too, Babe…….Stop denying…….”

“…………Oppa…………………I……”

Before Ji-hyo could answer, they were interrupted by the the VJ’s walkie talkie.

“Standby for camera!” It said.

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo quickly separate themselves. But Jong Kook gets to sneak kissing Ji-hyo’s cheek just a second before the lights and cameras turn on, making Ji-hyo’s jaw drop, unbelievable.

When the lights turn on, Jong Kook purposely lean against Ji-hyo, making her sandwich in between him and the wall.

“Oppa!!” Ji-hyo push Jong Kook as hard as she can to remove him.

“Owh! Mianhae! Mianhae!” Another pretentious act from Jong Kook.

Right after Jong Kook turn around, Ji-hyo can help but smiling.

When it was announce a minute left before the rotation takes place, Jong Kook start to get out and lure those idols, just as planned. Minho, Yong Hwa and Sulli all came running to him but they couldn’t get to pull him out from the filling cabinet because he’s too strong. The moment Yong Hwa notice Ji-hyo is behind Jong Kook during their pause time, he knew he fall into trap. When the game continue, Yong Hwa getting eliminated in few seconds by Jong Kook, followed by Minho.

Then another rotation takes place. The chasers left are Lee Joon and Sulli while from the Running Man who were hiding are Jong Kook, Ji-hyo and Haha. All three of them decided to hide together and use the same luring operations when they trapped Yong Hwa to Lee Joon and Sulli. They hide in a secret room in the exhibition hall.

While waiting for their victims, Jong Kook turn around and wink at Ji-hyo and said “I love you” in silent, but Haha who’s standing in the middle saw that.

“Owh!! Hyung….I saw that….”

“Ahahahah…..shut up, Dong Hoon!”

Haha’s couldn’t say anything coz he’s shocked with Jong Kook’s act.

When Lee Joon and Sulli found them, they battle among each other since their time is almost over. After Haha’s tag being ripped, Lee Joon and Sulli keeps on attacking Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. But Jong Kook uses his strength to hold Lee Joon until he couldn’t move. Sulli however tries hard to get rid of Ji-hyo. The moment Jong Kook couldn’t hold Lee Joon, Sulli change her target to Jong Kook and partner with Lee Joon to rip Jong Kook’s tag. But Ji-hyo came to protect Jong Kook which makes Sulli fights back with Ji-hyo, while Lee Joon with Jong Kook.

Suddenly Jong Kook manage to get out from that room and lock Ji-hyo with Sulli and Lee Joon when there’s only few seconds left before rotation. Ji-hyo’s surprise that Jong Kook actually leaves her alone at that moment. She’s being eliminated just second before freeze time.

As soon as she gets out of the room during freeze time, Jong Kook is already waiting and apologizes.

“Did you leave me so you could survive?”

“Ji-hyo, I’m sorry. It’s the only way to win.”

“Oppa….you….”

“I’m sorry…it’s the only option I have…”

“Fine….I get it…I’ll trust your decision…you better win….”

“I will…..(for you)…..I’ll win it…”

“Good luck!”

As being promised, the moment Jong Kook being the chaser, he get rid of Lee Joon without sympathy and later on deal with Sulli. Finally the Running Man team won the game.

 

After the shooting ends, Ji-hyo go to Jong Kook while he’s packing his things.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure! What’s up?” Jong Kook sounds serious since Ji-hyo is also serious.

“I know you came by this morning and fetch Ji-eun. I don’t care if you wanna find my replacement but why Ji-eun?”

“And why not her? She’s beautiful, kind hearted, and we both have something in common. We both loves you very much.”

“Oppa….I know you wanna get close to her only to make me jealous. But you’re wasting times coz I’m not jealous at all.”

“Yeah, I know that. Your actions proved that. Since you’re not jealous, then this conversation ends here.”

“Oppa, please…whatever you wanna do, stop using her. Stop playing with her heart. You maybe have your own plans but she could easily falls in love with you and think this is real.”

Jong Kook couldn’t believe Ji-hyo’s accusation. He thought Ji-hyo knew him pretty well that he’s not the type who uses other people for his own benefit and he’s not the type who plays around with people’s feelings.

Their conversation were interrupted when Ji-eun call Jong Kook's mobile. Jong Kook smiles while answering her call.

“Owh, Ji-eun ah….have you finished?”

Ji-hyo’s expressions certainly change.

“Okay, I’ll fetch you now. You haven’t eaten? Fine, we’ll go to your favorite place, okay. Don’t be naughty till I come. Hehe..Bye!”

Ji-hyo can’t stand it and quickly turn around to walk away from Jong Kook. She’s hurt, although she said she’s not jealous, when she obviously is jealous. Jong Kook suddenly grabs her wrist making her turn around. Jong Kook looks deeply into her eyes.

“You should have slapped me when I kiss you just now,” Jong Kook speaks in a serious tone.

“That was a mistake!”

“Your heart will never lie!! Stop teaching your mouth saying things different than your heart.”

“Then my heart forgets to remind me that we broke up! That kisses means nothing!! It’s just another stupid mistake!”

Jong Kook is disbelief with Ji-hyo’s statement. He knew for sure that Ji-hyo kiss him back and it’s not because of lust. It was purely love between them. When Ji-hyo still denies her true feelings, Jong Kook couldn’t hold her anymore. He let go of Ji-hyo’s wrist.

“Stop…..making your feelings confuse….by living in denial…….”

“Then stop…seeing my sister….for her own good…..”

“Huh!! I’m sorry……but we didn’t have any relations right? You and me? So I don’t see why I should listen to you. Maybe you can tell that to your sister. But if she keeps on coming to me, what else can I do but making her happy.”

Ji-hyo had lost words. She knew her eyes are full with tears now. She quickly walks away from Jong Kook and Jong Kook has no intention to go after her although it breaks his heart to see Ji-hyo’s in tears.

Then comes Gary.

“Hyung!”

 Jong Kook looks at him without smile.

“I’m not your hyung, in case you forgot.”

“Hyung, I’m sorry for what I’ve said, for what I did. I thought…”

“I don’t have time for this. Sorry!”

Jong Kook leaves Gary bewildered and went to fetch Ji-eun.

 

When Ji-eun enters his car, Jong Kook look lost.

“Hello!! Anybody here??”

“N-neh?? Aishh…of course!!”

“Hurm….tell me…you know you can count on me…..”

“It’s…nothing huge…I’m just getting frustrated with your sister. She’s confused with her own feelings.”

“Owh….did something happened?”

“She asks me to stop seeing you, saying that I’m just playing your heart…”

“Jinja? She said that?? Owh, how sweet…but I know she’s just jealous…hahah!! I know my sister…”

“That’s why. She keeps on saying that I’m using you to make her jealous, which she said she’s not jealous at all. Still live in denial. I can feel from the kiss that she still loves me and want me….”

“Omo!!! You did what??”

When Jong Kook realizes he coincidently told Ji-eun about the kiss, he knew he can’t hide it from her anymore.

“You actually kiss her?? Woww….this is interesting…tell me about it.”

“Aishh…you’re still under age!”

“Yah!! Oppa, if I’m under age, then what am I doing in between you and my sister hah??”

“Hahahah…you always have your answer right?? Aihh….let’s continue during dinner.”

 

They went for dinner and then Jong Kook sends Ji-eun back. But they spend sometimes in the car before Ji-eun enters her house.

“Oppa, thank you very much for the ride. I’ll think of another plan to make sure my sister couldn’t hide her true feelings to you anymore.”

“N-neh! And as a gift for your kindness, I present this to you.”

Jong Kook hands out Minho’s name tag that he ripped off from today’s episode to Ji-eun, making her scream crazily.

“Aaaaaaaa!!!! Oppa!!!”

While they were happy in the car, Ji-hyo peek from the house entrance and Jong Kook notice that.

“Okay! ‘Miss jealousy in denial’ is peeking at the door.” Jong Kook tells Ji-eun.

“Aaa….then the acts continue…”

Ji-eun hugs Jong Kook to show her happiness for getting Minho’s name tag and making her sister jealous at the same time.

“Yahh! Don’t take advantage of me…” Jong Kook joke to Ji-eun while hugging her back.

“You wish!! Dream on, oppa!! Did she saw us?”

“Of course! I can see her lioness face now…”

“Okay that’s enough.” Ji-eun let go of Jong Kook. “I’m saving the rest for Minho….hahah!”

“Yeah! I really hope you sleep well tonight…”

“Definitely….unless someone attacks me tonight….”

“Hahah…whatever it is, don’t hurt her please….”

“As if I didn’t know that, Mr Loverboy…okay..I’ll update you if there’s any drama tonight. See ya. Drive carefully, oppa.”

“N-neh! Annyeoung!!”