Chapter 19

Beautiful Secret

 

Jong Kook decides to sleep over at Ji-hyo’s house instead of Ji-hyo coming to his house.

“Oppa, you stay here for a while. I’m gonna check on Ji-eun.”

“Owh, she’s here?”

“She’s probably sleeping already. Don’t worry, she won’t mind you staying here.”

Ji-hyo leaves Jong Kook in her room. After few minutes, she came back.

“Okay?”

“Yeah! She’s sleeping. You should surprise her tomorrow morning.”

“Hahah…naughty sister..come here! Let’s take our picture together.”

 

Ji-hyo comes to sit on Jong Kook’s lap on the bed. Kim Jong Kook hugs her waist in one hand while another one holding a camera. After snapping many photos, they look back to the camera screen and check out their pictures.

“Ahh…I look chubby….”

“Really?” Jong Kook looks at Ji-hyo and rubs his hand on Ji-hyo's tummy. “Are you pregnant?”

“Yah Kim Jong Kook!!!!” Ji-hyo screams out loud, but she still can’t hold her smile.

“Ahahahah!! Okay, it was a joke okay!!” Jong Kook tighten his hug.

“Oppa, I still think I’m chubby..”

“No you’re not. Which part that you feel chubby?”

“Look at my cheek.” Ji-hyo blows up her cheeks and shows to Jong Kook her cutie face.

“Ahahahah…stop it…or I can’t hold myself from kissing you…”

But Ji-hyo remains with her blown up cheek. Jong Kook starts to tickle her until she finally surrender. Jong Kook then kiss Ji-hyo’s lips. It was just a short one.

“I love you, girlfriend..”

“I love you, boyfriend..”

“Let’s go to bed…it’s late night already..”

“N-neh…you can use the bathroom, I’ll use Ji-eun’s room.”

 

They both lie on the bed when they’ve change their clothes. Ji-hyo rest her head on Jong Kook’s chest while one hand hug Jong Kook’s waist. Jong Kook starts to play with Ji-hyo’s hair softly.

“Love, did you color your hair?”

“Yes!! Do you like it?”

“You did look different.”

“So you didn’t like it?” Ji-hyo pouted.

“Ahaha…I didn’t say that…I love it…I love everything about you…”

Ji-hyo lay a kiss on her boyfriend’s lips, quite passionate.

“Owh, what’s that for?”

“I haven’t thank you for the dress, the clutch bag and the high heels.”

“Ahh…small matter..”

“Jagiya, what makes you wanna give me the dress? I mean, it’s you, you know…the tough and manly Kim Jong Kook. Even Ji-eun could not believe it.”

“Hurmm….what yach…..Well, when I saw the dress, it directly brings me to think about you. It’s as if I can imagine you wearing it. That’s why I ask the owner to reserve it for you.”

“But your surprise can turn out something else if I didn’t show up at the store.”

“I know, and I’m prepared for it. Even if you didn’t go there, I still want you to have it. I don’t wanna see someone else wearing it. And Sonia’s design is always exclusive and one piece in the world. She didn’t make many pieces for the same design.”

“Wowww!! This is too much for me, jagiya. I don’t know if I deserve all this love from you..”

“Do not question whether you deserve it or not…that’s how I treat my love one…” Jong Kook sounds a little bit stress. But Ji-hyo quickly calm him.

“Okay, I’m sorry..but you should have told me about Sonia-ssi.”

“I plan to…but I believe you’ve met her now..”

“Yes! And she’s very nice…I’m sure I’m gonna come to her store frequently from now on. You don’t mind right?”

“Of course, yeobo! I’d love you to get close to her. She’s my childhood friend. She knows many things about my past.”

“Yes, that’s what she told me. I’m glad you have such a wonderful friend. And I’m glad that you didn’t fall in love with her, since she's pretty…hehehe…”

“Ahahahah…I smell jealousy here…If I fall in love with her, we’ll not be like this now, isn’t it? So stop being quirky..” Jong Kook poke on top of Ji-hyo’s nose.

“N-neh! I won’t be jealous of her. We’re gonna be best friend. Girl thing, you know? Heheh..”

“Yes, and I believe the ‘girl thing’ has started when you both plan to trick me about you not taking the dress.”

“Aaaaa…..that…..is….”

“Who’s idea was that?? Tell me the truth…”

“That…..is ….my…idea…” Ji-hyo talk slowly, unsure if Jong Kook heard her or not.  

“And why is that? Care to share what’s in your mind, lioness?”

“Well….I just….wanna surprise you…”

“But don’t you think it’s gonna make me upset and think wrongly about you? I can’t even believe Sonia agree to be part of it.”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to upset you…I just want to surprise you at the Red Carpet myself. Mianhae, jagiya…please don’t be angry..”

“I’m not angry, love. You know how much I love you right? How can I be angry over small things like this? Maybe I’m just upset with the words that Sonia said to me. But doesn’t matter…I’m just happy to see you in that dress…don’t do that again okay? I understand if you wanna make a surprise, but think of the consequences first. It may ruin our relationship, you know,” Jong Kook brief Ji-hyo.

“Okay boss, understood! But you also make me cry with your surprise…”

“Really? But why?”

“I’m just……..speechless….and touched…with your good did to me…”

“Ahahaha….you deserve it…because you are Song Ji-hyo…and you belong to me, Kim Jong Kook…”

“I belong to you? Really? As what?” Ji-hyo’s excited to hear all the sweet words from Kim Jong Kook.

“You belong to me,….as my lioness…”

“Chih! Only that? Do you think I can be your pet?”

“Ahahaha…you are my girlfriend, darling.” Jong Kook kisses his girlfriend.

“Jagiya, you have been really good to me. I hope I can do anything to repay you back…”

“Really? Anything?”

“Yes! Anything that I could give, or do…” Ji-hyo speaks with enthusiasm.

“Can you give me babies then?”

“Oppppaaaaa!!!! Eeeeee……” Ji-hyo hit Jong Kook really hard.

“Ahahahahah…okay! Okay! I’m sorry, love!! Stop it!” Jong Kook instructs Ji-hyo, and Ji-hyo finally stop it. “You know I love to tease you, love. And you know that I’ll not make love to you until we’re married. Believe me okay?”

“N-neh! Thank you for being patient with me.”

“I understand…………But if you really insist to make love with me, I will not upset you…Hahah!!”

“Oh dear!! I really don’t know what’s got into you. But I think something’s not right in your brain.”

“Ahahahaha….love you, yeobo!!”

 

While they were chatting, Ji-hyo receive an sms.

Gary    : Ji-hyo ah, I forgot to congratulate you for your win tonight. You deserve it. Sleep tight okay? Let’s meet in your dream. Good night!

Ji-hyo’s facial expressions suddenly change. She put back her phone on the bedside table.

“Who is it?” Jong Kook ask.

“Kang Gary….”

“Owh…what did he want at this hour?”

“Nothing. He just wants to congratulate me….” Ji-hyo suddenly keeps quiet.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Ji-hyo look up to Jong Kook with her chin on her boyfriend’s chest.

“I’m not feeling good about Kang Gary…..Love, let’s tell him about us….” Ji-hyo speaks slowly.

Jong Kook sighs.

“Oppa, it’s been quite long that we’ve hide about us from him. We need to tell him, oppa. The longer we keep it, the harder for us to tell him…I just can’t fake it in front of him anymore…” Ji-hyo sound a little bit sad.

Jong Kook kisses Ji-hyo’s head.

“Okay! Let’s tell him….let’s tell him tomorrow, okay? I’m sorry for making you sad….and guilty..”

“I’m not sad because of him…I’m sad thinking what if he couldn’t accept it…I’m sad thinking if your brotherhood with him will ruin because of this…”

“Don’t worry….we’ll try our best to make him understand….and accept us…okay? Let’s sleep..”

Ji-hyo snuggle at Jong Kook’s neck and kiss softly before closing her eyes. Jong Kook rubs her back with one hand, and another hand brushes her hair till she’s finally doze off. That is why they both love to sleepover together. It’s the time they get to talk about almost everything openly, and comfortably.

 

The ringing on Ji-hyo’s mobile awakens Ji-hyo and Jong Kook. Ji-hyo stretches her hand to grab her phone without getting out of Jong Kook’s embrace. While she’s trying to grab her phone, Jong Kook kisses her neck and start marking his spots on her.

“Ja…gi…ya……” Ji-hyo’s enjoying the pleasure.

“Good morning, love…” Jong Kook continue his kiss.

“Don’t you think it’s too early for your marks?”

“It’s never too early, or too late, when you’re in love…”

 

When Ji-hyo finally reaches her phone, she looks at the screen and surprise to see Gary’s name on it. She quickly sit up and answer the phone while giving sign to Jong Kook to keep quiet. Well it’s not like Jong Kook love to interrupt her conversation all this while.

“Yoboseyo!”

“Owh, good morning Ji-hyo ah…did I wake you up? Anyway it’s a beautiful day today, you should wake up and enjoy the day now…”

“I’m already awake, Kang Gary. Why did you call me this early morning?”

“Owh, Ji-hyo ah, I brought breakfast for you..”

“What do you mean you brought breakfast?”

“I’m in front of your house. I know you don’t like people coming to your house. But I don’t know why I feel like I wanna treat you this morning. Ppaleun come out!”

“N-neh! Give me 10 minutes….”

 

When the line disconnected, Ji-hyo look at Jong Kook with her pale face.

“What’s wrong?”

“Kang Gary is in front.”

“What?? In front….you mean here???”

“Yes!! I should go out now, before he notices your car…”

“Aishh!! Okay…I really hope this is not the way he finds out about us….”

Ji-hyo gets into bathroom and cleans her face before going out and meet Gary.

 

“Yah Kang Gary! This is totally a surprise…”

“Ahhh…Ji-hyo ah…good morning…I see that you have just wake up..”

Ji-hyo smile. “Well it’s not like you are normally awake at this time also.”

“Ahaha..ya, you really know me well, Ji-hyo ah…owh, here’s your breakfast..”

“Waaa….this is really tempting…It smells good..What is it?”

“Ermm…just English breakfast…I was having with a friend this morning…but I saw your face on the plate..so I can’t help it…I know I need to buy it for you..hehehe..”

“Owh,…thanks then…erm, sorry I can’t let you in…I need to go and get ready now Kang Gary..I have appointment today…”

“Ahh, okay! Okay! Enjoy your breakfast…keep me in your mind ah..hehehe…”

“Very funny! Drive carefully, oppa!”

 

Gary walks out to his car. But just before he enter his car, he notice a familiar car parked not so far away. He walks to the car to confirm it.

“This is Jong Kook hyung’s car…but why is it here early morning?” Gary talks to himself. He starts to feel uneasy. He walks back to his car and start to think about all his curiosity.

 

While in Ji-hyo’s house, Ji-hyo walks to her boyfriend after putting the breakfast in the kitchen. Jong Kook already showered and all dress up.

“Owh, you already showered.”

“Yes! It’s better if I leave early before Gary start looking for me…..” Jong Kook wears his watch and grabs his phone, to find there’s a text from Gary. “…..which he already did…”

“He text you?”

“Yes! I need to reply this…”

Gary    : Hyung, where are you? I don’t know if I’m mistakenly seen your car outside Ji-hyo’s house.

KJK     : I’m somewhere outside. My car? I left it since I go back with Gap Jin last night. Gary, let’s meet today. I’ll confirm the time again with you later.

Gary    : Sure! I have many things to ask.

 

Jong Kook throws his mobile phone on the bed after finished texting Gary. He sit on the bed side, covering his face with both his hands, then brush through his hair. His hand is now holding his neck, while he stares the floor. Ji-hyo sit next to Jong Kook and hug him from his side.

“You okay?” Ji-hyo whispers, soothing her boyfriend.

“…………….I’m a bad person….how can I do this to Gary?”

“Don’t say that….we’ll clear all this at once, and let it go…okay?”

“I really hope he’ll forgive me, and accept this news calmly..”

“He will…coz you’re his hyung…he loves you like a brother..”

 

After few minutes of talking and Ji-hyo finished taking bath, they went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Ji-eun who just wakes up went into the kitchen with a messy look, not fully awake. She simply hop on one of the bar stool.

“Unnie, what’s for breakfast?” Ji-eun asks her sister, then yawning.

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook smile to each other.

“Good morning, princess!” Jong Kook greet happily.

Ji-eun who is surprise to hear that voice quickly opens her eyes wider.

“Aahhhh…oppa, what are you doing here??”

“Hurm…let see………checking on you, beautiful…” Jong Kook teases Ji-eun.

“Ahhh oppa, you’re such a sweet talker. Unnie, how can you let your boyfriend look at my messy face?? This is so shameful…aihhh!!” Ji-eun lands her head on the bar.

“Yah!! It’s no different if Jong Kook saw you now or then…you’re still ugly..hahaha!!”

“Arhhhh….you are very meannn, unnie…Oppa, I’ll go shower first. You guys enjoy your breakfast………….and please ah….no smooching in public….hahahahh…taaaa!!” Ji-eun walks to her room.

 

After Jong Kook finished his breakfast, he makes his way to leave the house. Just when he walks to the door, Ji-eun approaches.

“Omo! You’re leaving now, oppa??”

“Yes! I have an appointment later on…”

“I see!! Too bad I can’t spend times with my ‘idol’.”

“Ahahahha…I’m not an idol, Ji-eun.”

“You are, to me….hurm, can’t you stay for another half an hour? I’d love to chat with you..” Ji-eun ask while drying her hair.

“Yahhh!! Do you think he has all his life to wait for you? You always spend so much time in the bathroom..”

“Well, I need to always look good though I’m not a celebrity.”

“Aishhh this kid….believe me, Ji-eun. You still look the same everyday…so don’t waste your time anymore.” Ji-hyo purposely wanna make Ji-eun angry.

“Ahhhh!! Oppa, look at your girlfriend.”

“Ahahahah..be good, Ji-eun ah…we’ll meet again and chat when I’m free. Okay? Take care of yourself and your sister ah….”

Jong Kook hugs and kiss Ji-hyo before he leave.

“Eeeuhhhhhhhh!!! Not in front kids, weirdo!!!” Ji-eun shouted.

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo just smile, ignoring Ji-eun. Jong Kook then walks out of the door alone.

 

Gary is still sitting in his car in front of Ji-hyo’s house. He suddenly recall back about his conversation with Kwang Soo last night on his way sending him home.

“Ji-hyo is so pretty tonight…too bad I’m not there….”

“Gary hyung, I don’t know if I should tell you this….but Jong Kook hyung and Ji-hyo noona looks really close tonight…”

“Close? Of course they are, we’re all close to one another…”

“No, hyung! They look like a loving couple. I don’t know if others think the same, but that’s how I see it tonight. They were always on one another, whispering, smiling, staring…”

“Aih Kwang Soo…that’s impossible…I don’t think Jong Kook is Ji-hyo’s taste. They were always fighting, and Jong Kook hyung never protects Ji-hyo during the game. Besides, Jong Kook hyung knows my feelings toward Ji-hyo. He will never stab me behind my back. He’s not that kind of person…….but if it’s you, I believe 100%.......You are professional in stabbing...hahaha!”

“Aih hyung…don’t say like that..I’m just in character…But I’m telling you, they look different tonight. If you don’t believe me, you can ask Suk Jin hyung or the others.”

“Kwang Soo ah, don’t simply assume things. It can ruin the friendship.”

“Gary hyung, I know many people will not believe me, because of my character in Running Man. But do you think I will speak to you seriously like this if I’m not sure with what I saw? Especially when I know your strong feelings towards Ji-hyo noona…I’m not asking you to jump into conclusion. But at least, beware of the probable outcomes.”

“Yahhh!! You are matured nowadays, Kwang Soo ah….good for you..”

“Hyung, I will be serious when I have to.”

 

Gary suddenly snapped back to reality. “Is this really true? Were they together? But most hints did showed they were acting weirdly………" Just while he thinks further, ".....Omo….what is this??” Gary saw Kim Jong Kook walk out of Ji-hyo’s house with his own eyes. There is no way Jong Kook will have a special reason to be at Ji-hyo's house that early, unless............

 

Jong Kook quickly rush to his car. He’s afraid the neighbours or someone else will saw him coming out of Ji-hyo’s house. Just when he opens the door, he heard someone call him.

“Kim Jong Kook!!!”

Without turning around, he knows that voice belong to whom. He gather all his strength to face that person although he know his face turn white right now.