Chapter 35

Beautiful Secret

 

It’s been few weeks now that Jong Kook and Ji-hyo had broken up. Ji-hyo makes herself busy with her drama shooting while Jong Kook still couldn’t erase Ji-hyo from his mind. The news about Ji-hyo’s pictures however had cooled down a little bit and that makes both Ji-hyo and Jong Kook relieved.

But reporters are still playing Ji-hyo’s stories in most media especially regarding her love life with her manager, Kim Jong Kook and also Gary. Not only they are chasing Ji-hyo for comments, but now they are chasing Jong Kook and Gary as well.

 

In one of the interview that Jong Kook faced, he had been asked of the reason that he broke up with Ji-hyo. Of course he tries to answer his best in order to protect his name and Ji-hyo’s name as well without giving the real reason why they broke up. But the answers however had been manipulated and published as something that’s totally different.

When Jong Kook read the article in the newspaper, he totally gets angry. The article stated as if he leaves Ji-hyo because he’s ashamed of Ji-hyo’s past and he deserve someone better. Jong Kook throw the newspaper on the floor and try to calm himself. But his peaceful mind was interrupted with a ring at the door bell.

Jong Kook opens the door and surprise to find Gary standing in front of him.

“Owh…Gary ah…what are you doing here?”

Gary suddenly hit Jong Kook’s face making him stumble back and fall down.

“What the hell is your problem???……..” Jong Kook shout to Gary while holding his chin.

“Tell me, hyung…..Is that true in the article??? Did you really left Ji-hyo coz you’re ashamed of her past??”

Jong Kook comes to realized what makes Gary really angry at him. But he chooses not to explain the real facts or fight back coz he feels like it’s no use anymore. Whatever the real fact is, Ji-hyo will not come back to her.

“That’s true! I cannot accept her dark past!!!”

Gary hit Jong Kook’s tummy over and over again till Jong Kook cannot get up anymore and lie on the floor while massaging his tummy.

“Wae??? Why did you leave her, hyung?? I thought you love her, I really believe you love her more than I can love her. But you’re just another selfish jerk. You only wanna be with her during happy times, and you leave her when she’s in huge problems like this.”

“Yah Gary ah…how many mans would accept her past like that? It’s just too bad, and I don’t think many people can accept it, which includes me,” Jong Kook still trying to pissed Gary.

Gary’s anger is boiling up. He sits on Jong Kook who’s lying on the floor and grabs his collar shirt.

“You are such a bastard! I did not let go of Ji-hyo to be hurt by a jerk like you. You better don’t come near her or I’ll kill you!!!”

“Huh….if you wanna be a hero so bad, go on and kiss her …who knows she will finally accept you as a replacement…..”

Jong Kook’s provocation makes Gary hit the right side of his face.

“This is for being a jerk!” Gary hit the left side of Jong Kook’s face. “This is for being an idiot!!” Gary hit the right side of Jong Kook’s face again. “And this is for being an !!!”

Jong Kook’s lips are swollen and bleeding. Gary finally stands up.

“Consider I’m no longer your dongsaeng, nor you’re my hyung anymore….”

And Gary left Jong Kook lying on the floor in pain.

When Jong Kook is sure that Gary had left his house, he laughs alone but then tears drop from his eyes. He purposely punishes himself to make him forget Ji-hyo.

 

Gap Jin who just enter his house is too shocked to find Jong Kook lying on the floor with all the bruises.

“Omo! Jong Kook hyung!!! What happen to you??”

Jong Kook just keep quiet. Gap Jin help him to sit up.

“Hyung, tell me what happened. Have you been robbed?? Or what??” Gap Jin ask in worry.

Jong Kook still ignore Gap Jin and continue to wipe the blood on his lips.

“Hyung, I met Gary outside…….he looks really intense and angry….did he did this to you??”

“Gap Jin ah….gwaenchanh-a…don’t worry….”

“Hyung, please tell me what happen. Or let’s go to the clinic, to check if you suffer internal injuries.”

“Gap Jin ah,…..I am fine….I just need to lie down for a while….”

Jong Kook walks slowly to his room with his hand still massaging his tummy. He did not blame Gary for being angry to him. He knows Gary had misunderstood him. And it could be many more who misunderstood the article just like Gary. But he don't wanna explain anymore. It's just a waste of time.

 

The next day is the shooting day for Running Man. Gap Jin had advised Jong Kook to rest from the shooting since he’s injured but Jong Kook insists to continue the shooting. Everyone except Gary are shocked when looking at Jong Kook’s condition. Even the producers and directors had asked Jong Kook to skip the shooting but Jong Kook still being stubborn. He wants to proceed with the shooting especially when he saw Ji-hyo coming. Ji-hyo looked with sympathy and worry at Jong Kook but she’s holding herself from running to Jong Kook.

As being predicted, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo both couldn’t focus in their game and they both lost the Running Man for that episode. After the shooting is over, Jong Kook take a seat for a while and medicate his injuries. The bruises near his lips are quite bad making him hissing when the medicine touch the bruises.

Out of nowhere, Ji-hyo suddenly come and sit in front of Jong Kook. She grabs the cotton from his hand, and dip in the ointment before rub it on his lips. Jong Kook is surprised with her actions but couldn’t say a word to break the silence.

“What happen to you? Getting into a fight now? Trying to show you’re tough?” Ji-hyo asks while continue rubbing the ointment. There’s sadness in her voice and her eyes. She’s really worry looking at Jong Kook’s injuries.

“Why should you care? This is nothing compared to the pain you left me…..” Jong Kook answered softly.

Ji-hyo stunned hearing Jong Kook’s statement. Before she could answer, Gary suddenly pull her hand and drag her away from Jong Kook.

“Yah Kang Gary!! What are you doing??”

“Ji-hyo ah….how can you still be nice to him when all he did was treating you like ???”

“What?? What are you saying??”

“Ji-hyo ah…I know you love him so much…but please love yourself more…He is a selfish jerk!! He only cares for his happiness, for himself. How can you treat him like that when he left you during your hard times?”

“Wwwhhattt??? Kang Gary please explain directly to me….”

“I read in the article, the reason he left you is because he couldn’t accept your past. He feels like he deserves a better person than you.”

“What?? And you believe the article??” Ji-hyo sounds angry.

“I have got the confirmation from him. He really pissed me off, but he deserved all the pain and bruises that I gave.”

“Wait a second…..did you mean that you did that to him?? You actually hit him, Kang Gary? And he didn’t fight back??”

“Of course!! Whoever loves you like I do will act the same way when you heard what he said!!”

“And you believe that???” Ji-hyo asks in frustration with tears waiting to flow.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

Ji-hyo suddenly starts to attack Gary.

“Yah! Yah! Why are you hitting me when all I’m doing is just defending you, backing you???”

“You pabo!!! He’s just making you pissed so that you’ll hit him. He’s punishing himself for the decision that I made….oh God!!!” Ji-hyo starts to cry while still hitting Gary.

“Mwuh?? What do you mean??”

“I’m the one who decided to breakup with him!! I’m the one who is selfish!! I’m the one who caused all the pain he’s suffering now!! I’m the one who started all this mess!! Blame me, not him!!!”

“What?? But why did he……”

“He just want you to hit him…maybe with all the pain you gave him, will make him endure from the pain that I’ve caused. It’s all because of me….He did nothing but trying to stand by me…He begged me to get thru this together but I refused, I kicked him out!!!”

“Omo!!! What have I done??? Arghhh!!! I’m so stupid!!” Gary feeling upset.

Ji-hyo tell Gary while in tears, “Yes!! You are stupid!” And then Ji-hyo whisper to herself, “He is stupid as well…..why jagiya….”

When Ji-hyo tries to find Jong Kook again, he is nowhere to be seen. It makes her heart breaks even more.

 

Ji-hyo decided to go back to her family’s house. Just as she saw her mom, she cries hard in her arms until she finally laid her head on her mother’s lap. Her mom brushes her hair while trying to coax her sobs.

Ji-eun who just enter her house is surprised to see her sister crying on her mother’s lap.

“Omo! What happened, unnie?”

Ji-hyo couldn’t say a word. Her mother tries to explain to Ji-eun.

“Your sister said, Jong Kook is trying to make silly things to himself. He’s trying to hurt himself. He let other people hit him until he suffers a lot of injuries…”

“Owh!! Jinja?”

“Ji-eun ah…....he……purposely…..…make Kang Gary…..angry….until…..Kang Gary….hit him……He’s….torturing…himself….Ji-eun ah…….” Ji-hyo talks in sobs.

Ji-eun take a seat facing her sister.

“Then why are you crying?”

“What…..do……you…….mean??”

“You should have expected this to happen right? You know Jong Kook oppa loves you so much…do you think he can endure the pain that you left him??”

“Ji-eun ah…..do…you…think….I’m…happy….with….my…own….decision??....I’m hurt….too....”

“I know you’re hurt…I know you’re both hurt!! In fact many people know you both weren’t happy with what’s happening now…but who made the decision? You, yourself! You’re even stubborn to reconsider your decision!!”

“Ji-eun…I told you…it’s the best…..for everyone…it’s the best…for both of us….”

“If it’s the best, the right decision for both of you…..then why are you crying now?? Why is he in pain now???”

Ji-hyo have no answer for the frustrated Ji-eun. Ji-eun then grab her car keys and trying to leave.

“Ji-eun ah…where are you going?? You just came back!” Her mom asks.

“I’m going to meet Jong Kook oppa…..it seems that all unnie keep doing now is hurting him….and I’m going to cure it…..”

“What…..do…you….mean…..Ji-eun ah??”

“I mean…..I’m gonna try….to make him happy….I’ll stand by him….”

Ji-eun leaves, making Ji-hyo cries harder and leaving her mom speechless.

 

When Jong Kook opens the door and saw Ji-eun standing in front of him, he can’t believe his eyes.

“Oppa, I brought takeout food for you…you must be starving right??” Ji-eun just walk in even before Jong Kook invited her.

“Owh….Ji-eun ah….you came…..alone??”

“Of course……ahhh, if you’re expecting for my sister to come, sorry…not gonna happened….huhu….” Ji-eun then start to eat and making like she's at her own house.

Jong Kook tries to smile though it’s bitter.

“Oppa, how are you feeling?”

“……..I’m good….as you can see……” Jong Kook answered, meaningless.

“This is good?? With your condition like this, you’re saying you feel good?? Haishhh!! You really suit my sister…”

“Well….it doesn’t make any different isn’t it??”

Ji-eun stares at Jong Kook while eating her noodles, trying to study his body language.

“Oppa…what happen to my strong man, my strong heart Kim Jong Kook?? Please return him back to me……”

“…….Ahahah….he’s still here…still strong in front of you…”

“No! This Kim Jong Kook is the weaker one. This Kim Jong Kook seems like has given up in life. Oppa….please regain back your strength…don’t let anything gets onto you…”

Jong Kook smile but looking down to the floor.

“Yahh…why are you quiet?? Oppa, did you hear what I’m saying?”

“………Of course…..I think the whole building can hear you…ahahah….Ji-eun ah, why are you here actually?”

Ji-eun automatically stop eating.

“Erm….oppa….I can’t bear seeing you and unnie like this….”

“Seeing like this?? Well, this is what she wants….I’m just playing along…”

“That’s why….this is what she thought is the best, but we both know she never wanna be separated from you, if she has better option…….Oppa….you still love unnie, right??”

“………….Huh….I think you know the answer better…”

“Okay….you do wanna get her back right??”

“….Of course…but she may already found her best man....with Baek Chang Joo.......”

“Aishhh.....that is just crazy rumours.....Okay….I have a suggestion and plan…but are you willing to do anything I ask in order to make this plan succeed?”

“Well…..if it’s nothing dangerous or could kill anyone, of course….”

“Haihhh….I’m not that crazy, oppa….”

“Ahahaha….so what do you have in mind, Miss Tinkerbell?”

“Okay…starting from today, let’s pretend like we’re together…as if I am now her replacement in your heart….”

“Mwuh??”

“I know it sounds crazy. But I told you I’m not that crazy…haha! Oppa, I know very well that unnie cannot handle her jealousy when it comes to you…especially if that person related is me…so I think, this is the best way to show her that she actually can’t live without you…You’re her happiness….this plan is just to make her realized what she’s losing…”

“But do you think it’s gonna work? She can just ignore everything and keep on being stubborn.”

“I know for sure that she still loves you. Oppa, when I came home today, she’s crying at my mom’s worrying to death about you. She’s not ready to lose you, oppa. She just need something to wake her up. And this could be it. You know how good my acting could be….hehe…”

“Yeah…I have no doubt about that…but…I’m just afraid this is gonna hurt her more…I don’t want anything bad happen to her, Ji-eun ah….”

“Trust me, oppa…I know what I’m doing…it’s much easier if I’m the one who acts rather than we hire other actress right? That actress could fall in love with you in real life, and that will cause us trouble.”

“Ahaha…so are you saying you’re not going to fall in love with me?” Jong Kook tries to test Ji-eun.

“I cannot confirm that, but I hope not….you may have almost the complete character that I want, oppa….but my complete idol man is Minho….ahhh”

“Minho?? As in Lee Minho??”

“A-ni!! Choi Minho, from Shinee……”

“Mwuh rah goo?? Ahahahahah……”

“Yahh!! Why are you laughing?? He may not seem tough like you, but he is charming.”

“He’s like a baby…..oh dear….”

“Oppa…even if he’s a baby, he still has the quality I’m looking for……aihhh!”

“Ahaha…okay…If your plan succeed, I will introduce you to him, deal?”

“Jinja??? 200% deal!!!”

“But….I can recommend my brother as well if you want….He is a plastic surgery specialist.”

“Yah!! It’s okay. I’m phobia with a doctor.”

“Hahaha…..why?”

“I don’t know. But I feel like a doctor doesn’t have a life, coz they need to memorize many things in med. I’m afraid I could be a distraction that will affect their surgery on their patients. Hehe…”

“Ahahaha…you are definitely silly, you know that?”

“Yah!! This silly girl is doing everything to make you get back the love of your life, you know?”

“Ahahaha…okay, okay, sorry…I’m glad to have a sister in law like you…”

“Omo?? Echecheche….can’t hide your excitement anymore is it?”

“Erm…well….you are another happy moments I had, beside your sister….”

“Owh, I’m touched! Hehe…”

“But Ji-eun ah….why are you doing all this for us?”

“Because….unnie is my greatest friend..she understand me more than anyone else…although we may seem fighting a lots, but I love her so much. I can’t bear seeing her in tears, or hurt. And in the past, when she started ‘that movie’, it’s actually because of my parents paying more attention to me and neglecting her…So after that moments, when we one family get closer than before, I promise myself that I will try to bring her happiness as much as I can. And I know her happiness is you. I never saw her that happy when she’s with her ex-boyfriends.”

“Wow….you are a good person at heart…”

“I know! Haha! Anyway, I’m leaving…just wait for my further instruction okay?”

“Yes, boss!”

“Good boy! Hehe…see ya…oh oppa, please take care of yourself, and don’t do crazy things like this anymore…”

“Al get seub ni da!”

Jong Kook send Ji-eun until the door, and co-incidentally meets with Gap Jin.

“Omo! What are you doing here, Ji-eun ah??........Wait a second…what are you both doing inside, alone??”

“Yahh!! It’s not what you think, Gap Jin ah…” Jong Kook burst in anger.

“Aih, Gap Jin oppa….there’s nothing I want to do with Jong Kook oppa…oh no…there’s nothing he can do for me..hahaha….talk to you later, boys…bye!”

After Ji-eun left, Gap Jin just staring at Jong Kook who can’t stop smiling while looking at Ji-eun till she no longer can be seen.

“What??” Jong Kook screams at Gap Jin.

“You look fishy….and naughty….”

“Haha! I better keep it to myself, then!!” Jong Kook walks to his room.

“Yahh! Don’t leave me with big question mark here!!” Gap Jin shouted to Jong Kook but he just ignores Gap Jin.