Chapter 39

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo in the proposal dress & Jong Kook in proposal men's clothes..kekeke..

 

Everyone’s jaw is dropping when seeing Ji-hyo in a wedding dress, especially Kim Jong Kook. The girl who used to be running in Running Man, who used to fight when tearing rival’s tag, is now looking absolutely stunning and gorgeous. Even Haha who suddenly appear at the boutique couldn’t say a word.

“Can I have some personal moments,…..with my loved one?” Jong Kook breaks the silence.

Haha, Byul and Sonia then move to the other side of the boutique. Jong Kook enters the dressing room and closes the curtains. Ji-hyo is still speechless to see Kim Jong Kook in front of her eyes now, looking handsomely.

Jong Kook then kneels on both knees making Ji-hyo surprise.

“Ah oppa…what are you doing....”

“Ssyhh…just let me….”

Ji-hyo stands in front of Jong Kook while Jong Kook holds both her hands.

“Ji-hyo ah, the days without you are making me stop breathing...Every day, every moment that goes by I think of you. My brain tells me to give up, but my heart says I can't stop loving you! I don't know how to stop. I miss the moments we have spent together. I miss you so much.

I can’t believe how badly I ache for you. I miss the sweet you, the sensitive you, the affectionate you, the naughty you. I miss your admiring glances, the tight hugs, the sweet kisses, your touch, your comfort, the feeling of protecting you…I miss watching you sleep, waking up next to you,, your sweet smile, your red lobster cheek when you’re blushing, the way your lips curl when you say I love you, the way you are breathless when I took your breath away, and most importantly, I miss the way you showed me what love is.

I know too many things have happened to you, to us…I do not regret anything about it. The only thing I regret is to hear you say that it's over. It feels as though half of my soul had been ripped from me. I know that it’s not easy for you, but life isn't easy. I know that you don't want to leave. It hurts me to think that you’re badly hurt too. It hurts me day in and day out.

In my heart you are always more than just a sweet memory. I only walked away because you asked me too, because I thought it will make you happy but my heart is never letting you go. That space you filled in will always be there for you.”

Ji-hyo can’t stop crying to hear the sweet words from Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah…I know things are hard on you…I know they have treated you harshly out there…but we can get thru this if we stick together….we will be strong when we are together. I never knew loving someone could hurt this bad. We have hurt each other in ways we promised we never would. I know you still love me. You can keep on denying it; you can keep hiding from it, but trust me you are only lying to yourself.”

“I know I can't give you the whole world, but I can promise you I will always love you. My heart is yours, and even though I know I’ll make mistakes, I will never break your heart…at least not intentionally. I’ll be right beside you when you’re flying, and when you’re falling. All I want to do is spend the rest of my life making you as happy as you have made me. I just want to protect you so much, I wish you would open up to me and let me into your life. I know it wouldn't be easy but I still believe that I could be good for you, if only you allow me. I know I may not be the best man, and I don't have much to offer, all I could offer you is my heart and soul.”

“Ji-hyo ah,…..all I want is you and no one else. You mean everything to me. Not only you are perfect for me, but you also complete me. I could never ask for better than you. I think we should try and make this work. Please……let me cure that pain in your heart….let me protects you…let me comfort you…..” Tears run down Jong Kook’s cheek.

“Jagiya……..please get up….” Ji-hyo lead Jong Kook to get up and Jong Kook follow.

Ji-hyo then embraces Jong Kook tightly.

“Owh….Ji-hyo ah…”

“Jagiya…..please let us stay like this for a while……I’ve missed you so much…….”

“I miss you too, love……I miss you like crazy…..”

They were both hugging each other and let out their tears on each shoulder. But Jong Kook tries to comfort Ji-hyo’s sadness by rubbing her back.

When they were both calm, Ji-hyo step back looking at Jong Kook, but still holding his hands.

“Jagiya,….the love in my heart for you will never change. People say that time heals everything. But the truth is, I still dream of you, I still cry myself to sleep thinking of you, and I still wish on every star that you were here with me. I still love you and want you to have the best of life.

You have the softest, sweetest heart I have ever known. You have spoiled me, made me feel so special with your love. With you, my heart was filled with love and joy. Without you, I am incomplete; there is a great void in me. You didn't just steal my heart; you are my world, my soul, my everything.

How I wish I could undo all that has happened. I want nothing more than to love you, to make you happy. I wish there were words to describe how much in love I am with you, but words cannot come close to expressing how I feel.

There have been so many mistakes made, so many wrongs that cannot be undone. I wish I could take away all the pain I have caused you. I’m sorry, jagiya….for being selfish…….mianhae………..…I’m sorry……..”

Now it’s Ji-hyo who’s kneeling while crying.

“Love, please……get up…..”

“No! Let me finish…..I love you so much, jagiya. I can't lose you. I'm not letting you go! Please give me a second chance. I promise I won't give up on us.”

Jong Kook uses his strength to make Ji-hyo stands up. He lifted her chin making her looking at him.

“Love, let’s stop hurting ‘us’ and give ourselves a second chance. But I can’t afford to lose you again…..Song Ji-hyo, will you marry me? Will you love me for the rest of our life?”

“Omo!! Jagiya……..” Ji-hyo couldn’t believe what’s being ask by Jong Kook.

“Please..…..will you be the mother of our child?”

Ji-hyo wipes her tears and tries to smile.

“I will…..but there’s no ring….so how can I accept your proposal?” Ji-hyo tries to joke around.

Jong Kook take out a small box from his pants and open it to Ji-hyo.

“Is this enough for you to be my wife, Song Ji-hyo?”

Ji-hyo cries again and hugs Jong Kook tightly.

“Your love is more than enough for me to say ‘Yes’, pabo!!”

“Mwuh??”

“I love you…..” Ji-hyo kisses Jong Kook’s right cheek.

“I miss you….” Ji-hyo kisses Jong Kook’s left cheek…

“I’m sorry……..” Before Ji-hyo look for Jong Kook’s lips, Jong Kook is already finding her lips and locks them for a while.

When they break it up, Jong Kook starts to tease Ji-hyo.

“You said that my love is enough right…which means I can sell back this ring and use the money for…….”

“Yahh!! It’s been a long time since you give me presents.”

“Hahahaha….that’s my girl……” Jong Kook insert the ring to Ji-hyo’s hand.

“It’s beautiful, jagiya…..”

“Err…I’m actually worried if it doesn’t fit your fat fingers…..hehe…”

“Kim Jong Kook!!!” Ji-hyo tries to kick Jong Kook for teasing her.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo…that kind of attitude, doesn’t suit with this gown you know...”

“But it suit for teaser like you……huh!”

Jong Kook suddenly pull Ji-hyo’s waist leaving no gap between them.

“No matter what, I still love you, Song Ji-hyo….and I have to admit, you are beautiful in this dress…..”

“Thanks, oppa…..” Ji-hyo feeling shy after a long while not being in that situation.

Just when Jong Kook is about to kiss Ji-hyo, Haha interrupts.

“Errr, hello? Are we done yet?? It’s peaceful or war now?”

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo opens the curtains and walk out together, with their hands behind each other’s waist.

“So?? Is there any good news?” Haha ask both of them.

Jong Kook look at Ji-hyo, and then smile to Haha, “The wedding is on the way…….”

“Yeahhhhhh!!! That’s my man!!!” Haha hugs Jong Kook while Byul and Sonia hugs Ji-hyo.

“Congrats, unnie…..I’m so happy for both of you…”

“Thank you, Byul ah..”

“Congrats, Ji-hyo…you have made the right decision…”

“Thank you, Sonia-ssi…..and this dress is really beautiful…you are an awesome designer….”

“I told you, you’re gonna make my dress looks more beautiful…Owh I need to get a picture of you both before you left.”

“Aishh….Sonia-ssi, I don’t think so…beside, my eyes are still soggy from my tears..”

“Aipp….I’m a designer…believe me when I said you’re beautiful…let me get my camera…”

Ji-hyo finally let herself being captured. It turns out all four of them were being snap in wedding gowns and clothes.

After they change to their own clothes, Sonia talks to Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

“Well, I wish both of you happiness forever.”

“Thank you very much, Sonia…you’re a big help…”

“Aish…you know I’ll do anything for you…especially when it involves both of you.”

“N-neh! Ermm….please keep the pictures to yourself….until our announcement yach…” Jong Kook reminds Sonia.

“Of course! Have I not kept your secrets all this while?”

Jong Kook just smiles.

“Ahh, thank you Sonia-ssi…here’s the beautiful dress….”

“Thanks to you also for giving me ideas on what else I can create after this….”

“Aishh….I’m not that perfect….but this is a beautiful dress…”

“It is…..ermm….should I keep it for you then, Ji-hyo? Hah Jong Kook?”

“It’s up to her…do you wanna keep it, love? I’ll buy it for you….”

“Aihh a-ni!! It’s okay…I don’t think I’ll wear that…at least not so soon….”

“Yeah! We probably need new measurement by the time we wanna make our wedding clothes. Her body is not consistent all the time…” Jong Kook starts again.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook!!” Ji-hyo steps on Jong Kook’s toe with her high heels making Jong Kook scream.

“Ouchhh!! That is painful, love!!”

“Serves you right!! We’ll leave then. Bye Sonia-ssi! We’ll surely hire you for our wedding dresses and clothes.”

“N-neh! I’ll be waiting…take care both of you….”

 

From the boutique, they headed in separate cars to an exclusive restaurant where all the Running Man cast had been waiting. But on the way to the restaurant, Ji-hyo seems quiet. Jong Kook holds Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Love, you are quiet. What’s up? Are you not happy?”

“A-ni! I’m stupid if I’m not happy…..it’s just….erm….oppa, what about Ji-eun?”

“Ji-eun? Erm….I don’t know…should we tell her? Or maybe you should tell her….”

“What?? No way!! You’re the one who plays with her heart…you deal with it!!”

“But you’re the one who love me so much, so you tell her that.”

“What??”

“Ahahah…okay…why not we both tell her…now…”

“Now?? Are you crazy??”

But Jong Kook already dials Ji-eun’s number and she already answered.

“Owh oppa…surprisingly to receive your calls…”

“N-neh….Ji-eun ah, your sister would like to speak to you…”

Ji-hyo widen her eyes when Jong Kook pass the calls to her. She refuses to speak but Jong Kook keeps on putting the phone in front of her, making her no choice but to answer it. He even switch on the speaker phone.

“Owh, Ji-eun ah….what are you doing right now?”

“Nothing. I’m just helping umma in the kitchen. Unnie, how come you’re with Jong Kook oppa?”

“N-neh?? Err….he gives me a ride from a boutique…we’re coming home in few hours.”

“Owh….erm….did you two…get back together? Is there anything I should know?”

“N-neh?? A…..a-ni!! Ji-eun ah, we’ll talk to you when we’re home yach….” Ji-hyo just couldn’t break her sister’s heart with the news.

Jong Kook then grabs the phones.

“Aih Ji-eun ah….actually, we are getting back together…..” Jong Kook simply tells Ji-eun the news, like he’s not worried of Ji-eun’s condition at all.

“Owh……..”

And then there’s a long silent from Ji-eun.

“Ji-eun ah…..” Ji-hyo approach.

“Err…..I didn’t hear you…we’ll talk later okay....bye!”

Ji-eun hang up.

“I don’t think she’s accepting it, jagiya…..” Ji-hyo starts to worry.

“Well, I’m sure she’s alright. You’ll see.”

 

When they arrived at the restaurant, there’s a room that has been specifically booked for all of them to get more privacy. Just as Jong Kook and Ji-hyo walks into the room, everyone’s in silent.

“So, how’s the proposal? Did you accept it Ji-hyo?” Jae-suk ask loudly, and everyone is waiting for her answer.

Ji-hyo then show her finger with the ring and smile answering to them, “N-neh!!”

Everyone is cheering and clapping and hugging Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

 

When one person came right in front of Ji-hyo, Ji-hyo’s smile faded.

“Owh,…Ji-eun….I thought….”

“You thought I’m at home helping umma. Unnie, since when did I get into the kitchen for cooking? And since when did I help umma especially in the kitchen?”

“But……”

“Aishhh…..ssyuhhh….now listen to me….I’m happy for both of you….but unnie, never make the same mistake anymore…coz next time, I’m not sure I can keep Jong Kook oppa that long enough…he may have found someone else in the future….”

“What do you mean?? I thought…..”

“You thought I’m with Jong Kook oppa. Unnie, wake up. Do you really think he would purposely pick me when he know that’s gonna hurt you the most? Even though you’re not together, he cares for you so much. Everything I plan, everything I wanna do, he’ll make sure it’s not gonna hurt you badly. He loves you too much….”

Jong Kook then join the two sisters.

“So, are we good?”

“I am…I don’t know about both of you….” Ji-eun answered.

“What? What have I done?”

“Jagiya, so all this while, you and Ji-eun just pretend that you were together?”

“You’re right. Coz you’re that stubborn girl who needs a little shaker to make you realizes things."

“So all this while, I’m the one who’s being played? Not Ji-eun?”

“Well I’m sorry if you think that way. But all the plans come from Ji-eun. So be angry with her.”

“What?? Oppa!! How can you blame all on me? But unnie, it’s all for your own good….just imagine if it was someone else who tries to seduce oppa….you’ll be sorry forever….”

“Come here you!!”

Ji-hyo suddenly pulls Ji-eun into her hug.

“Owh, unnie!”

“Thank you so much, Ji-eun…..I never know that you love me this much….thank you so much…and you getting slapped by appa, only for this….I’m touched…..”

“It’s okay, unnie. I did everything for you. Coz I know, your happiness is with Jong Kook oppa…”

“Thank you…..”

“Ehemm! Ehemm!! Shouldn’t I get any share?” Jong Kook hint to Ji-hyo.

“Let me reward you, oppa…for being manly enough to propose to unnie…even though it’s risky since she’s been nothing but stubborn all this while…” Ji-eun tries to hug Jong Kook when Ji-hyo suddenly pulls her away.

“Yahh!! Your acting stops the second we’re engage!!”

“Hahahah…that jealousy lioness is back, oppa!! But I will still love you no matter what..remember our secrets…” Ji-eun purposely wanna test Ji-hyo’s patience.

“What secret? Jagiya, you better stop being naughty behind my back….” Ji-hyo warns Jong Kook due to jealousy.

“Ahahaha…stop it girls! I’ll try to be fair to both of you okay?”

“Try me!” Ji-hyo pulls Jong Kook’s ears making him shout in silent since there were so many people there. He didn’t wanna create a scene.

 

Then comes Gary congratulating them.

“Hyung, congratulations! I really need to learn a lot from you.”

“Thank you, Gary ah…I’m sorry for everything that happened between us.”

“Aih, hyung! I’m the one who’s supposed to apologize….for hitting you last time….”

“Yeah! That’s a strong one…but I ask for it…”

“Yah Kang Gary! Next time you touch him, you will face me ah!!” Ji-hyo warns Gary with smile.

“A-ni!! I’m scared to face you more than Jong Kook hyung. I will not mess up anymore!!”

“Hahaha…good for you, oppa…”

“But hyung…if you need part time actor, I can hit you again..heheheh….”

“N-neh! I surely know where to find you, Gary ah….”

“Gary oppa, be my partner for today…since my co-star has been kidnapped!” Ji-eun ask from Gary.

“Ahhh….no problem, Ji-eun ah…let’s accompany each other every time we feels lonely..hehehe…let’s eat, yeobo!”

Ji-eun and Gary left Jong Kook with Ji-hyo for the buffet.

Jong Kook grabs Ji-hyo’s waist and whisper, “Love, spend the night with me…..” making her blush.

“Erm….I’d love to…but I don’t think umma and appa will be delighted…especially when they don’t know our current situation….”

“Then we shall meet them and let them know this happy news…or will they hate me for messing around with Ji-eun?”

“They still love you no matter what…and I’m sure they will cry of happiness when they know that you proposed to me..”

“I hope so……...I love you, Song Ji-hyo….”

“I love you too, Kim Jong Kook!....”

 

 

THE PROMISE RING

 

 

WHERE THE PROPOSAL TAKE PLACE...(IMAGINE WITH CURTAINS YACH..HEHE!)

 

*The confessions/words by KJK & SJH weren't 100% my ideas...it was mix & match from few sources...but I just love it, therefore I need to use it coz that's exactly how I imagine their expressions of words/feelings. Sorry if you're not happy!

 

But I still hope everyone's happy with this updates! Enjoy!!