Chapter 6

Beautiful Secret

 

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook walks into the restaurant where they plan to meet Jae-suk and Haha.Haha is quite shocked to see both of them coming together.

 

“Omo!Omo! What is this? Coming as a couple?”

“Hiyaaa!!” Jae-suk knock Haha’s cap.

“What?”

“Can you slow down your voice?”

 

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo sit in front of Jae-suk and Haha, acting like nothing weird between them.

“So, what’s the news that you should tell us?”

“Yah Dong Hoon..can you let us order first? I’m starving,” said Ji-hyo. She obviously loves to quarrel with Haha.

“Ji-hyo ah..didn’t you take any breakfast? Knowing Jong Kook, I don’t think he’ll let you skip breakfast.”

“Jae-suk oppa, he prepares breakfast for me, first I’m so touched, but he actually prepared grass for me…it’s all the green, green grass..”

“Wait, it’s not grass okay, it’s healthy food, you should take more salad,” Jong Kook explained.

Jae-suk is already laughing.

“Ji-hyo ah, pity you..I can imagine you’ll be wearing “S” size after this..”

“Hyung, if she’ll be wearing “S” size after this, I’ll never let her go..”

“Wohh, Kim Jong Kook…is that a confession or what?” Haha asked surprisingly.

Among four of them, only Haha didn’t really get the confirmation of their relationship.Though he feels like they will admit it in front of him today, but he will go on wondering until they actually reveal it.

 

After they get their drinks, Kim Jong Kook opens his jacket and put it on his left lap and Ji-hyo’s right lap. Then under the jacket, he grab Ji-hyo’s right hand and hold it. Ji-hyo’s quite surprise but luckily Jae-suk and Haha didn’t notice. While looking secretly at Kim Jong Kook, Ji-hyo talks to herself. (Yah Kim Jong Kook…I never knew you can be this romantic). Ji-hyo just keep on smiling while drinking.

 

“MongJi, why are you smiling since few minutes ago?” Haha asked.

“Aa….nothing…” Ji-hyo keep on stirring her drinks with straw and her left hand.

Jong Kook as usual, pretends like nothing happened between him and Ji-hyo.

 

When the food arrives, they all start to eat their foods. It was quite late for lunch actually, so everyone seems starving. But Ji-hyo finds it difficult to eat with her left hand, since her right hand is with Kim Jong Kook. She whispers to Kim Jong Kook.

“Oppa, I need to use my right hand now, please….”

“Okay…but you’ll have to kiss me in front of Jae-suk and Haha…” Jong Kook whispered back and smile without looking at Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo’s face turned red.

“Oppa, please don’t do this to me..I will kiss you when we’re alone in the car, okay?” Ji-hyo continues whispering.

Jong Kook smiles at Ji-hyo and whispered back “Ani-yo…”

Haha suddenly put down his chopstick and speak up.

“Yah you two!! You can just text each other if you really have secrets that you don’t want us to know…do you know it’s annoying to whisper in front of us?”

“Dong Hoon ah…mianhae..” Jong Kook apologizes to Haha with cutie smiles.

Ji-hyo starts to eat with her left hand.

 

“So, what happened last night?” Jae-suk started their conversation.

“What??” Jong Kook acts like he didn’t understand Jae-suk’s question.

“Jong Kook ah…do we need to start the conversation all over again? You know what I mean.”

Jong Kook just smile at Jae-suk.

“Hyung, I’m waiting…” Haha look seriously to Jong Kook.

“Err….how should I say this yah…err….”

“Ok…to make it easier, let me ask you what I want to know..okay?”

Jong Kook nodded. Ji-hyo continues to eat without focusing on their conversation because she feels like Kim Jong Kook should answer to them, not her.

 

“So..are you both officially couple now?” Haha ask directly.

Jong Kook suddenly feels really shy to admit it and tighten his hand holding Ji-hyo without answering Haha’s question.

“Ouch!” Ji-hyo shouted and look at Jong Kook.

“What? Are you okay?” Jong Kook pretends again like he doesn’t know what he did to Ji-hyo.

Then they both look at each other and speak with their own eyes.

(Oppa, I am your girlfriend and we’re not in Running Man okay. Why did you grip me like the boys?)

(Mianhae, Ji-hyo…I’m just panic and don’t know how to tell Haha..)

And while they are staring, Haha suddenly lift the jacket that has been covering those hands.

“Omo!!”Haha’s shocked with his finding. Jong Kook automatically let go of Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Yahhh, Kim Jong Kook…why are you doing all this quirky thing in front of us?” Jae-suk asked while laughing hardly. Haha is already leaning to Jae-suk and cover his face with his cap while his hand his own chest to calm the heartbeat.

“Jae-sukhyung…I’m so shocked with his Kookie act..I never saw this Tiger’s romantic side.” Haha speak out and act like he’s crying. Jae-suk still continues laughing.

Obviously Jong Kook’s face had turned red. Ji-hyo just smiles and focus on her meal. For Ji-hyo, it was a normal thing as a couple holding hands. But to Jong Kook, he’s always being reserved about his personal love. Although Haha is closed with Jong Kook, but he always just heard about his love story from Jong Kook himself. He never really gets to see Jong Kook’s loving sight.

 

Seeing Jong Kook seems pretty hard and shy to tell Haha the real story, Jae-suk offer to help.

“Here…let me tell the whole story…”

“Aiiii Jae-suk hyung…I want to hear it from himself…I don’t want to listen to appa’s explaination…” Haha joke around calling Jae-suk “appa”.

“Yahh, Haroro!! This appa is pretty famous you know??”

They were all laughing and eating and talking loudly in their own eating room.

 

“Hyung, so it was official now? You two? Ji-hyo, why aren’t you saying anything?” Haha asked.

“What? I’m enjoying my food here. And besides, I’m the ladies side, shouldn’t said many things than a man. My boyfriend should explain, not me.”

“Hwaa…Jae-suk hyung…it’s becoming obvious and more obvious now…”

Jong Kook then make an announcement.

“Okay, I will speak. I will say it in front both of you.”

Everyone was waiting for his announcement.

“Last night, I, Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji-hyo, had officially become a couple…which means, she’s my girlfriend….and I’m his boyfriend, of course the special one..…which also means, whoever tries to make her angry, or annoyed, will be facing me…..” Jong Kook stare right into Haha’s eyes. Haha hide his face behind Jae-suk.

“Waa…Kim Jong Kook..that’s quite a new side of you that I never saw..I’m happy for both of you..really..Throughout the show, I think me and Haha can see it obviously on both faces..”

“Hyung, thanks to you…and Dong Hoon also..”

“Jong Kook hyung…I thought I’m your dongsaeng..but how come you never said anything to me? I have even asked you many times before about your feelings. Why? You don’t trust me is it? So you trust this appa more than me is it??” Haha show his sulky face.

“Hahahah…yahhh, shorty…what’s with you today ah?? Why called me appa??”

“Dong Hoon ah….mianhaeyo..it’s not that I don’t trust you…but I know you are busy with your wedding preparations. I don’t want to burden you more with all my confession, sadness, frustration and so on…you will always be my dongsaeng..my close friend..”

“Okay..that’ll do..heheee…”

“So Jong Kook…where will this relationship go? I mean, how do you plan to handle this? Are you going to make a public confession?” Jae-suk asked.

“Ani! It’s not good for Ji-hyo’s career..” looking at Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, I don’t mind if you want to go public about this. I’m ready to face any consequences.”

“Ji-hyo, you work really hard to be where you are today. I don’t want to trash it just because of our relationship. Many worship you and Gary, not me..” there’s a little sadness in Jong Kook’s voice.

“Speaking about Gary, are you going to tell him?” Jae-suk asked.

“Owh..I don’t think it’s a good idea..Gary likes Ji-hyo a lot,” Haha explained.

“I don’t think Gary would mind..we were only couple during shooting, and that’s because the producer wants it that way. I don’t think Gary’s feeling towards me is real..” Ji-hyo speaks.

Jong Kook, Haha and Jae-suk look to one another.

“Ji-hyo ah…Gary has a serious crush on you..it’s not because of the script, or only for Monday Couple…it’s for real..” Jae-suk explain.

“Omo! Really?”

“Then why do you think the Tiger next to you is always burning of jealousy when Gary is always around you?” Haha added.

“Owh really? Owh…pity you..” Ji-hyo played with Jong Kook’s hair, and continues, “…but he’s actually jealous of anyone near me, Dong Hoon. Even with Suk Jin oppa..hehe…”

“Yah!! Stop it you two..before I bite someone…” Jong Kook warned them both.

“So right now, who actually knows about both of you? Beside us?” Jae-suk asked.

“We’ve told our managers, because they will always be around us most of the time. And only to you two..I’m not comfortable for others to know yet…even Kwang Soo, or Joong Ki, or Suk Jin Hyung…not even to PD, though he actually asked me before this.”

“Alright then. Just keep it among the sixth of us. And let us know if anything burst out, or you need any help,” Jae-suk offered.

 

They didn’t realize how long they have been chatting at the restaurant. Just when they were about to leave the restaurant, Jae-suk and Haha plans to go to karaoke centre and asked Jong Kook and Ji-hyo to join them.

“Dong Hoon, aren’t you busy with your preparations?”

“Hyung, I asked Byul to released me for one day today…I wanna partayyy!!!”

Both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo agree to follow and they proceed to the next place.

 

They went to one of their friend’s karaoke centre. It’s much easier so that they will not get ambushed by the fans. They’ve been given a secluded room so they can sing out loud all they want. Jae-suk and Haha were the first one to choose the songs while Jong Kook and Ji-hyo were sitting pretty close at the sofas. Jong Kook even put his hand at the back of Ji-hyo’s waist and pulls Ji-hyo closer to him.

“Oppa, why are you suddenly all romantic? I thought you’ll never show it in front of them.”

“I am romantic…to my loved ones…” Jong Kook speaks slowly to Ji-hyo, don’t want the other two to hear it.

Ji-hyo turn away her face from Jong Kook as she feels like she’s blushing. When Jong Kook starts his romantic act, Ji-hyo will easily blush and melt.

 

Then suddenly Jong Kook hear a familiar music. It was his song “Saying I Love You” which he and Eun Hye act in the video clip. Ji-hyo try to release herself from Jong Kook with a reason she need to go to the ladies, but Jong Kook knew it was because of the video clip, especially there is a part where Eun Hye and him were hugging. Jong Kook tighten his hug.

 

“Yahh you two!! What were you thinking??”

“What? What?” Those two pretend like they don’t know anything.

“Come on!! I’d moved on…didn’t you see my girlfriend here?”

“Owh…is that your girlfriend?? I’m sorry..I simply pick your song, I never know your ex-girlfriend was in it,” Haha teases Jong Kook, then continue, “Jae-suk hyung, the lioness is about to attack us. Change the song now…” Haha hide behind Jae-suk. Ji-hyo can’t help it and already laughing.

“Okay..we dedicate the next song to both of you..”

And they played Beauty & The Beast (sang by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson). Jong Kook jump from his seat and grab those two is his hand. He knew they were trying to say he’s “the beast”. Jae-suk and Haha apologize to Jong Kook and pleaded to be release but Jong Kook tighten his grip. Only after few minutes they let go of them. And he and Ji-hyo choose the songs they wanna sing.

 

And after that all four of them were having their own party in the room, singing, dancing, and laughing. They were having fun just among them. They only stop after Ji-hyo received a call.

“Oppa, Chang Joo is drunk. We need to pick him up.”

“Owh…okay…hyung, we’re leaving..you guys continue ya..we’ll do it again sometimes later..”

“Ne..be careful you two..call us if anything..” Jae-suk remind them.

 

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo went to the club where Chang Joo drinks.

“Oppa, he never drink this much..what is wrong with him?”

“Ji-hyo, don’t worry..did he called you himself?”

“No! The bartender..he’s totally drunk..what’s got into him? He was okay this morning.”

“We’ll find out when we get there, okay? Just relax.”

Deep inside, Jong Kook feels a little bit something with Ji-hyo’s concern.