Chapter 14

Beautiful Secret

 

Jong Kook choose to sit on the two seater sofa in the living room. Ji-eun who loves to sister, purposely want to sit next to Kim Jong Kook. But Ji-hyo is much faster to push her sister aside.

“Unnie!!”

“Mwuh?? I know what’s your intention, Ji-eun.”

“Aaaah..is this how you’re going to be to your boyfriend, unnie? Keep on tailing him, control him?”

“A-ni! Only with you..hahah!!”

“Chih!....” Ji-eun sit on the other sofa. “Oppa, you are really smart eh? Nobody seems to sense anything about you two. Well except me, of course.”

“Ahahah..it’s not something that I should brag about, isn’t it? It’s too personal, and too many risks to be considered.”

“I see. Oppa, did you know that many of my friends were totally in loves with you? Many of them keep on asking me about you. Just because unnie and you were in Running Man, they thought that I’m close with you as well. Haihh..”

“Really?Arhh….that’s a complement right, when you said many fell in loves with me? Hehe..” Kim Jong Kook blushed.

“Aigoo…look at his red face..yah Kim Jong Kook, you really love it when many girls were falling for you is it?” Ji-hyo start to sound jealous.

Jong Kook laughs and covering his mouth. Then he turns to his girlfriend.

“Are you jealous, yeobo?”

“A-ni! We both know who’s the jealous king here. I was just curious to know.”

“Well, you should be proud then. Coz of all girls that could throw their selves in front of me, I choose you. I admire you, I only see you, I love you…” Jong Kook put his hand on Ji-hyo’s shoulder.

“Aaaaahhhh…this is so sweet…I’ve always imagined that you’re some kind of a gentleman. Now that I see in front of my eyes, I cannot hope for a much better man to be in our family. Unnie, we should tell mom and dad, and Ji-won. They will be excited like me, I’m sure.”

“Yah traitor!! Only few hours ago you said you’re excited if Kang Gary joins our family. Now in front of Jong Kook, you said the same.”

“Ahahah…unnie, I told you..I thought you were with Kang Gary. Being a good sister, of course I will support whoever you picked. That’s why I said that in front of him. But deep inside I am hoping for you to be with Jong Kook oppa. I’m not blind you know to see the chemistry between you two.”

“Yeah, right. I know you pretty well. You can switch votes just in few seconds.”

“Ahahha…okay, I will tell you the truth. Actually, I was hoping that I will be with Jong Kook oppa. The way he treated ladies, that’s what a compulsory quality a man should have.”

“Yah! Yah! You really want to die is it?” Ji-hyo try to strangle her sister jokingly and messed up Ji-eun’s hair. Jong Kook who’s still laughing come to the rescue and pull Ji-hyo on her waist and make her sit next to him.

“Oppaaaa…look at my hair…your girlfriend is really crazzzzzzyyyy!!!”

Ji-hyo still trying to attack her sister with laughter, but Jong Kook quickly stops her.

“Ji-eun ah…that’s why I’m in love with her…she’s…..special..” looking at Ji-hyo.

“Yah! Are you saying I’m crazy as well?”

“A-ni!! I’m saying that you’re different from other girls. Which makes you special and outstanding than others. You’re also smart thinking. But the most important is, no matter what quality you have, I’m so in love with you. Got that, yeobo?”

Jong Kook lean his forehead with Ji-hyo’s forehead.

“Ngeeeeeeeee….I can’t stand it anymore…aigooo…” Ji-eun close her eyes with both her hands.

 

Baek Chang Joo suddenly enter the room.

“Owh, Jong Kook. What a surprise.”

“Annyeong, hyung!”

“How long have you been here?”

“Quite sometimes.I came now since later I need to be in the studio.”

“Owh! So you two have met?” Chang Joo pointed to Jong Kook and Ji-eun.

“N-ne! Oppa, so you’ve been hiding this secret from my family ah?” Ji-eun try to investigate Chang Joo.

“Err…I’m just following Ji-hyo’s order…besides, it’s something too personal for me to get involve. I’d rather Ji-hyo introduce him by herself.” Chang Joo look at Ji-hyo who’s smiling looking at her boyfriend.

“That’s right! Unnie, we need to introduce Jong Kook oppa to our family, before they have hopes on someone else.”

“Wait! Isn’t these too early?” Jong Kook questioned.

“Oppa, nowadays everything goes fast. Introducing you to our family doesn’t mean that you’re getting married pretty soon. It’s just to make things easier for both of you…besides, it’s easier for me to meet you after this..hahah!”

A pillow flew on Ji-eun’s face.

“Unnie!! Do you really think your boyfriend will fall for me?? You’re the most jealousy monster I ever knew.”

“Yah, kiddo. I trust my boyfriend, but I don’t trust you.”

“Hahaha…I never saw you so in love, unnie. Okay, so it’s all set yach! We’ll have family dinner once unnie come back from hospital. Chang Joo oppa, you should join us as well.”

“What? I…don’t think so.” Chang Joo has been quite since they were discussing about family meeting. It’s hard for him to pretend like he didn’t hear anything. But he need to be happy for Ji-hyo.

“Oppa, come and join us. You have been close with our family all this while. You took care of me like a brother to a sister. You should be there as well,” Ji-hyo inviting Chang Joo.

(So that’s how she sees me all this time….as a brother..) Chang Joo talking to himself.

“Hyung, please accompany me. It will be awkward for me to meet her family for the first time.” Jong Kook added and looking straight in Chang Joo’s eyes. (I’m sorry, hyung. I know it’s hard for you to see us together. But if Ji-hyo wants you to be there, that’s what I want as well. Anything for her.)

“I’ll….I’ll confirm later. If I don’t have any plans, then I will join you.”

“Yeay!! Unnie, please be healthy as soon as possible…so I can start planning and make preparation. Wuhuuu…”

“Yahhh!! You realize it’s a family dinner right? Why are you all excited like you’re preparing for my wedding day?”

“Song Ji-hyo…..I am always excited…when it comes to Jong Kook oppa…mmuahhh!!”

“Song Ji-eun…you are always crazy!!”

Jong Kook can only laugh. He chooses not to get involve with those two or he will be the victims later.

 

After almost an hour visiting, Jong Kook needs to go to his studio. Chang Joo walks him out till lobby. Jong Kook knows there must be something that Chang Joo wants to talk to him.

“I thought I told you not to come until the news goes away.”

“But they have no idea who’s that person. I came here early to avoid anymore suspicious. I came as a friend from Running Man. I don’t see anything wrong with that. And I don’t think anyone will suspect anything. Besides, Gary already came. Haha and Gap Jin as well.”

“And you were there as well isn’t it? You were the one who left the paper bag outside the door? Why didn’t you come in and meet Ji-hyo’s mom? Afraid of Gary?”

“I just don’t want to make Ji-hyo uncomfortable. I’m sure you’ll do the same if you were in my place.”

“I will surely tell Gary if I’m in your place.”

“I bet you will…if Gary is not your dongsaeng, and he didn’t tell you anything about his feelings towards Ji-hyo. Hyung, don’t you think that I want to tell Gary about this? I’ve been screaming inside. But I can’t just blow it to his face.”

“Sooner or later he will need to face it. But the later you keep it, it’s gonna be more hurtful for him to accept, he will feel more betrayed. Now that Ji-hyo’s mother seems to like him, his hope has rise more.”

“I know. I will try to find the best time to reveal everything. Thanks for the advice, hyung. I know I’ve troubled you with all this.”

“I’d do the best I can, as long Ji-hyo is happy..”(Although that means I need to see her in other man’s arm)

“And I’ll make sure she’s happy with me…see you, hyung. Please contact me if anything, especially about Ji-hyo’s condition.”

“Will do..drive safely…”

With that, Baek Chang Joo went back to Ji-hyo’s room and Jong Kook left the hospital.

 

The next day, Ji-hyo is allowed to go back, but she’s still not allowed to work until she finished her medicines which are for another four days. After settling the hospital bills and documentation in the afternoon, Ji-eun drives her sister home since Chang Joo has other appointment to attend.

On the way home, as being known talkative, Ji-eun keep on digging infos from her sister about Kim Jong Kook.

“Unnie, so tell me about Jong Kook oppa.”

“What is it now, Ji-eun? Let me rest.”

“Aihhh…you’re not fun at all…come on! What kind of a man is he?”

“I thought you said you already saw his quality yesterday.”

“Well, that is just a little bit. Besides, I wanna know what you see in him. Coz I never saw you crazily in love like this.”

“Huhuhu…is it so obvious, Ji-eun ah? Do you think Umma will notice it?”

“It’s obvious you’re happy. Your face is always glittering. But I don’t know if umma and appa will actually believe you have met someone.”

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to introduce Jong Kook oppa to our family? Umma seems happy to meet Kang Gary, and appa is expecting to meet Kang Gary. Haishhh!!” Ji-hyo look out to the window.

“Unnie, that is why I asked you to introduce your boyfriend. As far as I can see, it’s not hard to make them love Jong Kook oppa. He’s very gentleman, and a very nice guy. He has a good heart, I’m sure umma and appa will fall for him easily.”

“You think so?”

“Don’t worry, Unnie. I will be cheering for both of you, and make sure umma and appa love him. Okay?”

“Yahh…you are pretty good being my sister today ha..and more calm..”

“Unnie, I know when to be crazy, and when to be ladylike. Hehe. So tell me. What makes you like him?”

“Aihh, are we still talking about him?”

“Of course. There’s no way you can skip.”

“Fine! I can’t elaborate in details the exact fact I’m falling in love with him. But with him, I feel, safe. I feel happy. He’s always trying to cover his shyness, but that just makes me happier to see him blushed. He is a gentleman, but he is also funny. And he’s cheeky with words. Hahah..”

“Okay enough…before I’m falling in love with him more..hehee..”

“Yahh! Keep your mind on the road!!”

 

The two sisters did not go back straight to their family’s house. Since Ji-hyo has been in the hospital for few days, they wander at the mall and having late lunch at one of the restaurant inside.

After lunch, they continue their way home. But just after they left the mall, Ji-hyo ask a favor from Ji-eun.

“Ji-eun ah…you are a good sister right?”

“Wae?....Ahhh, why did I feel like you need something from me??”

“Ermm….I was thinking….ermm….I was thinking to meet Jong Kook oppa.”

“Mwuh?”

“He’s been upset since I’ve been admitted to the hospital. So I thought I want to spend some times with him tonight.”

“You mean, you wanna sleep over at his house? Are you crazy??!!?? What will umma said??? What should I tell umma and appa?? They are expecting you to come home!!”

“Yahhh!! You don’t have to shout..I can still hear you..” Ji-hyo said while touching her ears.

“Owh, sorry. I’m just surprise to hear this from you. Do you really have to do this?”

“It’s not like I wanna make love with him. I just want to spend times with him. Do you know before I fainted, it’s been few months that we have not seen each other. We just communicate thru calls and sms. He’s been busy as well as myself. If I go back to our house, there’s no way I can spend times with him coz we can’t simply hang out in public. And there’s no way umma will let me leave the house. And when I continue my shooting after this, we’ll get stuck with the schedule again.”

Ji-eun look at her sister with sympathy. She knows how much her sister missed her boyfriend. Being in the hospital, there’s no way they can be together alone, since Baek Chang Joo and the staffs are always monitoring Ji-hyo’s condition. She then agree to send her sister to Jong Kook’s house.

“So what do I tell umma?”

“Just tell them that I want to stay at my house tonight, and I’ll be there tomorrow.”

“In other words, you’re asking me to lie for you?”

“In other words, it’s not like you never lie all this while. You are the trickiest person in our family. So don’t act like you’re feeling guilty and this is your first time.”

“Haihhh, you got me there! Hehe…okay, I will do you a favor, but in one condition.”

“In case you forget, your naughty secrets are all in my hand. There’s no way you can play a game with me. Hahah!”

“Arghhh, unnie…this is sooo stressful…fine! But I will surely get something from your boyfriend later. Huh!!”

Ji-hyo simply laughs at her sister.

 

Ji-eun drop her sister at Jong Kook’s house. “Do you want me to wait for you? In case he’s not at home?”

“It’s okay. I already call Gap Jin oppa. Besides it’s a surprise, so he shouldn’t know.”

“Okay then. I’m leaving. Call me if anything, & please take care of yourself, Unnie.”

“N-ne. Thank you my lovely sister!”

“Bye……unnie, don’t get pregnant! Hahah!!!”

“Yahhh!! Pabo!!”

Ji-eun left with laughter.

 

Ji-hyo rings the bell in front of Jong Kook’s house. Gap Jin opens the door and let her in.

“Please have a sit, Ji-hyo. Jong Kook is still shooting for Running Man.”

“Owh, okay. Oppa, but you didn’t tell him that I’m coming right?”

“No! He doesn’t even answer his phone. So don’t worry.”

Gap Jin receives a call and then get ready to leave the house.

“Ji-hyo ah. I have to go out for a while. You don’t mind waiting alone?”

“Ah, it’s okay oppa. I’m fine. I’ll help clean up your house. Hehe!”

“Aihh, please don’t. Jong Kook will go mad at me. Hahah!! Just make yourself at home. Eat, drink anything you want in the kitchen. I think Jong Kook should finish his work pretty soon.”

“N-ne, don’t worry oppa. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay! Just don’t open the door for anyone else okay.”

“Alright!”

 

After Gap Jin left, Ji-hyo starts to wander in the house. This is the first time she’s been there. For two single men living there, the house is not that untidy or dirty. Maybe because Jong Kook himself is a very clean person.

When Ji-hyo sits in the living room, she suddenly heard a sound of keys and someone opening the door. She runs to get her shoes and stuffs and hide in Jong Kook’s room.

Jong Kook throw his keys and put his watch on the coffee table in the living room. It’s been a tiring day for him today since he finished his song recording late morning and continue with Running Man shooting. He lay himself on the comfy couch in the living room and almost fall asleep in few seconds.  

When Ji-hyo is sure Jong Kook already slept, she tiptoe out from the room and crawl quietly behind the couch. She already feels naughty to tease Jong Kook. She quickly peck Jong Kook’s forehead and hide behind the couch.

Jong Kook is surprised to feel someone’s kissing his forehead. But when he looks around, he find nobody in front of him. He then thinks to himself, whether he really feels it or he’s just dreaming. He try to close his eyes again, and another kiss landing on his forehead. But this time when he open his eyes, he met with Ji-hyo’s eyes above him.

“I missed you, love!” Ji-hyo said with a smile.

“Owh!!!” Jong Kook quickly wakes up and sit on the couch, looking at his girlfriend with surprise.