Love from the Future

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan was back exactly where he wished to be. The Watch still clutched tightly in his hand, the edge digging into his palm. He took in his surroundings, almost smiling. Somewhere near there was footsteps, someone coming up. Swiftly, he ducked behind a pillar near the flight of stairs. That very flight of stairs where their worlds collided. He hid himself well in the shadows. The lights were dim just like how they should be.

When the footsteps got closer, he could hear his own heart beating faster against his ribs.

She was humming a happy tune of her favourite band. He recognized the song. It was the song she always sang when they were together. Now it will become a memory exclusive to him.

She half hopped past and didn’t even notice he was there. Luhan caught a glimpse of the smile on her face. Something good must’ve happened. Of course, everything will be good without meeting him.

He’d done it. She went back to class without any accidents. Their worlds didn’t collide, she didn’t know him.

He smiled, holding back the tears in his eyes. He knew he’d finally done something right.

His index finger brushed the latch on his Watch, and whispered softly as if hoping she would hear.

‘I love you.’ Now, and into the future.

------

Listen for more more more feels~~~ haha up to you guys~ ^^

‘Heejin ah, how’s your sketch coming along?’ Chaeri asked twirling a pencil in her fingers. Heejin grabbed her hand suddenly and the pencil dropped.

‘You’re distracting me with all the twirling.’

Chaeri wrinkled her nose and lean forward to look at Heejin’s final touch up to what she’d drawn.

‘How does it look?’ Heejin hold up the canvas in Chaeri’s direction. It was a water colour of a man wearing a silver hexagon patterned jacket against a galaxy-like background and above his opened palm hovered a globe, as if he was holding the planet in his hand.

‘Are you sure you’re submitting this?’ Chaeri asked point a finger at the man’s cheeks.

‘Are you sure you’re not drawing my brother?’ Heejin pointed a finger back at Chaeri’s canvas and stuck out her tongue playfully. ‘It fits the futuristic title anyway.’ She added contentedly taking another look at the manhwa-boy she’d drawn; doe-eyes, soft features, unsmiling but mysterious.

‘And you say you kind of just drew him out of the blue.’ Chaeri asked raising an eyebrow. ‘You sure this isn’t a guy you’re secretly dating?’

Heejin poked her friend with the end of her brush and frowned unbelievably. ‘If only such a perfect man exists.’

She flipped the canvas back to herself to have a better look. ‘I have really created a perfect man haven’t I?’ Then she planted a chaste kiss on his forehead, grinning delightfully.

Our brains can’t create faces, so I must’ve seen you before somewhere. I just haven’t really met you yet.

The bell rang, signaling the end of their free period. She gasped suddenly, remembered that she’d left her remaining portfolio sketches at home. But their art teacher was coming in next.

‘Aren’t you staying to complete this? Mrs Lee is coming soon.’ Chaeri asked when Heejin was heading for the door.

‘I had forgotten my portfolio. Without it I can’t hand up my canvas!’ She jumped anxiously on the spot.

Chaeri gasped too. She’d obviously forgotten to remind her while they were eating breakfast together. Chanyeol was too distracting as usual. She almost blushed but seeing the look on Heejin’s face, she snapped herself back together from pointlessly spazzing about her boyfriend. 

‘Go go go! I’ll make something up to cover you.’

And Heejin dashed out, her heart beating in . How can I forget something this important?

*****

 

‘Are you sure he is the last one left?’ Baekhyun looked around for the Nth time, a boy struggling in his arms. Baekhyun slapped his head so he’ll stop fidgeting.

‘According to the info we have, this is the last one.’ Luhan said with a nonchalant shrug. He was so used to this place and thus Park Dong Hoon, the new Head of the Association had ordered separate missions to this Time to catch any other illegal time travelers. This boy in Baekhyun’s grip was the last one left of Ji’s army.

But of course, this particular place held too many memories. Only a year had passed since the day he swore to himself, to forget her. Her smile still etched deeply in his memories. They were walking into the alley when he realized this was where she lived.

‘Are we done?’ Baekhyun asked snapping Luhan out of his thoughts. He took out the Watch in his silver jacket and was about to press the latch when they heard a sound of someone running in their directions. He looked up and a person was running right in their direction.

‘Hug him.’ He said to Baekhyun who gave him a horrified look.

‘Quick! If you don’t want to look very suspicious especially with him handcuffed.’ Luhan shout-whispered to Baekhyun who had no choice but to comply. Meanwhile the boy fidgeted even more in his arms and he had to knock him unconscious but without releasing his hold.

‘You’re so dead when we get home.’ Baekhyun said through gritted teeth before the person stopped a few feet before them. Back facing, Baekhyun could only focus on Luhan’s expressions. But he was even more surprised when his hyung froze right on the spot.

 

Luhan stared at the person before him. His previous calm composure vanished in a second.

Heejin was mad how someone would want to block her fastest way back home and was that some couple making out she saw?

The sun was almost setting thus making the alley dimmer but when her eyes moved to the one unmoving figure beside the couple, her eyes widened.

That particular face, she’d been drawing so diligently. That particular black and silver jacket she’d remembered from her dreams, all too vivid as if her eyes were playing tricks. She thought she’d gone officially crazy from being too obsessed with her project.

Heejin wanted to say something to him, but couldn’t. So she pinched an area on her thigh.

It hurt. A lot.

A miracle must’ve happened.

She looked into those eyes that were looking right back at her. And there was a feeling like déjà vu. She felt like she’d known him for a long long time. Her heart even skipped a beat.

 

Time seemed to have stopped in this particular dark alley. And as if fate was playing a joke on him, their worlds collided eventually. She took a wary step forward as if testing his limits. He stood rooted to the ground despite a particular dumbfounded stare beside him.

‘Have we met?’ Her voice sounded like music to his ears. He almost stopped breathing.

‘Who are you?’ She asked again.

Baekhyun frowned and he was about to make a move but the weight of the boy in his arms greatly affected his movements at the moment. DON’T DO ANYTHING STUPID. He mouthed at Luhan but the latter had completely treated him as an invisible entity.

There was a voice in Luhan’s head. The image of her in his arms flashed across his mind. When she took another step forward, he began to panic.

‘My future will never be complete without you.’

But he smiled instead and watched a frown creased on her forehead. He knew that whatever he was about to do could change things once again. But the voice in his heart urged him on.

My future will never be complete without you.’

Slowly, he took a few steps closer until he was just an arm’s length with her. His legs seemed to move on their own now. He could hear his own heart beating in his ears.

‘Hi, I am Luhan.’

 

 

-THE END-

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Tadah! It has officially really ended. My actual intention was to end the fic right there after Heejin’s thoughts but I realize how I liked the idea of fate. If their lives were meant to collide there was nothing they can do to stop it. So….hahaha thankyou all so so much so so so much. Words cant explain how I feel when I typed THE END at the last sentence. And I really Liked Give My Love. So if you guys listened to it. I hope it brought more feelings to the ending?