Chapter 47

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

‘W..Why?’ Heejin’s mind was a mess, trying to calculate dates, recall clues, but none clicked into place. It almost seemed perfect. If he had planned it all along, then it was a flawless foolproof plan.

The man knelt down before her without saying another word, finding it hard to look into her eyes, he shifted his gaze to a pillar in the corner of the big ballroom. Or maybe he was just trying to hide that disfigured side of his face from her.

‘I couldn’t be sure. I don’t even know if it will work.’ He answered her question but Heejin hadn’t quite recovered.

‘Heejin ah. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.’ The man continued with a lowered head. He seemed so much older and vulnerable compared to when she last remembered, almost like another person. But Heejin realized he is another person now. He’s a traitor, a betrayer, someone heartless.

‘Will you let me explain?’ His voice was almost a whisper now, however still refusing to face her completely.

Heejin was crying, or not. Large beads of tears fell from the corners of her eyes but no sound came from . She felt as if there was a huge lump at the back of , like someone just shoved a big stone down. Her heart ached as though someone had stabbed her multiple times in the same place. She could only clutch her dress tightly, so tightly her hand hurt.

That was when she realized she didn’t understand anything at all. She felt like an idiot, clueless all these years. Striving so hard, yet living a lie. There were so many questions in her mind. Did he get that huge burn scar from that accident? Why didn’t he come back for them? Why he made them believed that he died?

‘Why? Why did you do that? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? ARE YOU REALLY OUR DAD?!’ her cries resonated throughout the room, bouncing off as hollow echoes.

The old man before her didn’t answer. It wasn’t simply the feeling of regret he felt seeing her tears streaked face. The years of her growth he’d missed. The times he could only hid in shadows to watch over his children. He didn’t have much of a choice, he knew even if there’s a way to Time Travel, he would never attempt to change the past.

‘Heejin ah, I’m sorry. Please let me explain.’ He pleaded yet she could stop crying.

There was a loud voice outside and Daehyun burst through the door with Tiffany behind.

‘Sir I-‘ Tiffany lowered her head apologetically. She couldn’t stop Daehyun at all. Not when Heejin was concerned.

Daehyun stared at the crying Heejin then at the older man, removing a retractable blade out from his belt. The huge burnt scar seemed to bother him a lot.

‘WHO ARE YOU?!’ His worried yet guarded eyes darted from Heejin to the man. Tiffany grabbed his wrist stopping him from attempting any attacks. Taken aback he shot her an accusing look.

‘YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS! WHO THE HELL IS HE? WHY IS HE HERE? WHY IS SHE CRYING?!’

‘Daehyun can you please calm down and listen to me?’ She asked without loosening her grip on his wrist.

‘Daehyun.’ The older man spoke from across the room. His voice caught Daehyun’s attention. It was the voice that he’d heard many times. From the time he transferred to this secret facilities, the man before this voice had trained him; the man behind all the secret orders - having to deceive Heejin so as to gain information on her family and the whereabouts of the Diary.

‘Park..Dong…Hoon.? Sir?’ He saw the mask lying on the ground. To his horror he dropped the blade he was gripping so tightly, the edges on the handle already dug into his palm.

‘Tiffany, contact the others.’ The older man ordered and took another glance at Heejin who was still in obvious denial syndrome. ‘Before that, get someone to bring her back into her room.’

‘Yes Sir.’

Then he turned to Daehyun, who straightened up, locking his arms to his sides at once.

‘It’s time I reveal the real mission.’

 

_  _  _  _

 

Luhan’s eyes flew open and found his limbs free from restraints. The loud annoying beeping sound has stopped and all his ears could make out was his own slightly raspy breathing. Sitting up at once, a wave of dizziness hit him while he almost fell back down but an arm held him securely.

‘How are you feeling?’ Yongguk said.

Luhan jerked the other man’s arm away in surprise. ‘How did you? Wait how did you kept so still?!’

Yongguk smirked, an expression that suggested something more. ‘B.A.P’s ‘Stealth’. Remember?’

Grasping the situation immediately, Luhan extended a hand towards a syringe on a small desk at the furthest corner of the room, which was the only item he could find at the moment. He felt the familiar rush of adrenaline in his veins and the surge of energy that flowed right to his fingertips. He directed the energy right at the syringe and to his amazement he watched it levitate then landed right in his palms.

‘Did you see that?!’ He elbowed Yongguk, who snapped his fingers matter-of-factly, ‘Apparently, that happened and I’m able to use all my powers now.’ He then picked up the syringe and spun it right on the tip of his index finger.

Heejin! ‘Let’s get out of here.’ Luhan stood up and the heavy looking door clicked opened.

‘That won’t be needed,’ Tiffany, already changed into a white & silver one piece, said. ‘Sir wants to see the both of you.’ She noticed the worried and guarded looks they gave thus adding the piece of information they wanted most to hear, ‘Heejin’s fine. Follow me and you’ll see her in no time.’

The two men exchanged skeptical glances. Nonetheless, they could only follow the mysterious lady and since their powers were usable here in this place – which they have no idea where, they could only react on the spot.

 _  _  _  _

 

‘Where is Luhan?’ Heejin had been repeated the same questions over and over again. The whole ordeal had been too ridiculous for her to accept. Her father could only sit quietly. From time to time identical men in blacks will appear and whisper in his ears. She could only direct her fury to worrying about Luhan’s safety.

Daehyun had tried to calm her down, but was pushed away harshly and glared at. To Heejin, Daehyun was another big fat liar, no matter how much he tried to explain, she refused to listen.

It wasn’t until Tiffany brought Luhan and Yongguk back from their rooms, she finally stopped pacing and ran into Luhan’s arms immediately. All these while, the tears she’d been holding back, the fear, anxiety and of course the feeling of being betrayed and lied to by her own kin, came surging up at once. She was too shaken for speech, Luhan could only wrapped his arms tightly around her and kissed her temple, his slightly trembling lips lingered longer than usual despite the looks everyone was giving. Especially Daehyun, who looked away at once, the sight was just too unbearable even for him, someone who had received intense training for concealing emotions.

Yongguk had already gone into defensive mode at the sight of the scarred man. Luhan only noticed Park Dong Hoon when the older man cleared his throat. His reactions were no different of Yongguk’s, at once he spun Heejin around till she was safely behind him and the three of them backed up to the walls.

Heejin squeezed his arm lightly. ‘Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you. Ours powers can be used here, we can get you out.’ Luhan said and Heejin gasped at the news. ‘Your powers?!’

‘I am the person who made that happened.’ The older man said and shot Heejin a worried glance from the corner of his eye.

Slowly, he spun around in that leather seat and the recognition was immediate for Luhan too.

‘Dad?’ the word came naturally and he dropped the glass he’d been levitating instinctively for defense purpose.

Tiffany extended a leg and the glass landed right on the tip of her leather boots, with one kick she caught it while it’s still in the air and placed it on the table. Yongguk almost heaved a sigh of relieve and shot Tiffany an impressed look before turning his attention back on the reunited father and son.

‘Aren’t you..’

‘Dead?’ The older man completed his sentence with a bitter smile.

‘I see how the two of you have been getting along.’ He raised an eyebrow at their interlocked fingers and made a face that should have been a smile.

‘We aren’t exactly blood related. You know that.’ Heejin explained taking a wary step forward, her tone still angst. The old man coughed a laugh at his daughter’s reaction.

‘I know. I know. I know it all, everything.’

Both Luhan and Heejin frowned at his reply which seemed to suggest a whole lot more than what they’ve experienced so far.

‘Sir-‘ Daehyun began, but he raised a hand.

‘Your.. face…’ Yongguk butted in and Park gestured to the seats before him along the long meeting table. He himself without a doubt, seated at the short end.

‘That is what I am going to talk about.’