Chapter 40

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

The sound of TV filled the wide area. Luhan sipped on the cooling rice drink while Yongguk came back with a bowl of eggs.

 The two of them had contacted an agent for a house near the school, in other words, near Heejin’s house.

‘I would’ve disagreed but I’m backing you up this time.’ Yongguk said while the real estate agent passed them the contract. Luhan smiled at the other male while he signed the papers. With the procedures done, the fastest the agent could pass them the keys was the next day in the afternoon so they have no choice but to make do with the public bathhouse for the night.

‘Why didn’t they have something like that in our time?’ Yongguk asked while munching on the roasted eggs.

‘I’m sure the machines could do that.’ Luhan shrugged and lay down on his back.

‘Are you not gonna eat?’

Luhan shook his head and frowned, ‘I’m going to sleep now.’ Then Yongguk cracked another with his head.

Luhan closed his eyes and concentrated on the sound of the TV nearby. It would be impossible for him to sleep tonight but nonetheless he tried to block the thoughts off his mind.

We’re here for a mission.

He’d repeated that one sentence over and over again but he was more eager to see her again. If the time here was really altered, she wouldn’t remember him. It was a piece of good news to him too. In another sense, she wouldn’t remember the heartaches or the foolish misunderstood news that they were siblings. Technically, they were but the most important fact was that they weren’t blood related.

He smiled a little. The old him wouldn’t even be having this dilemma, which explained his lack of love life. He almost sighed but he knew now the fact that his time travelling changed him. He’d been dying to see her again, wasn’t that all that matters?

‘Then all I have to do is to enter her life once more.’ He said that aloud and the other male jerked his head up in surprise. ‘You said something?’

‘Nothing. Stop eating already.’

______

 

Heejin blinked her eyes opened only to realize both her brother and Chaeri, who lay on his shoulder, were sleeping what looked like a really uncomfortable position on her bedroom sofa.

‘Oppa? Chaeri?’ She got up slowly and rubbed her eyes, but an incoming wave of nauseous hit her and she winced. A damp towel fell from her forehead and she sighed. Her head felt so heavy and her eyes were sore from last night.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol’s eyes flew open, waking Chaeri up in the process and the two of them got up at once and half-ran to the bed. Heejin rubbed her temple in discomfort and tried to drag herself off the bed only to be stopped by Chanyeol’s protective arms. He put a hand on her forehead and heaved a sigh of relieve.

‘The fever’s gone. I’ll go get a new glass of water.’ Then he left after caressing her head briefly but was unable to hide his expression which obviously was still full of worry. Chaeri had rushed back as soon as she could. Nonetheless she hadn’t spoken of what happened to Chanyeol but he would have guess by now. Afterall she was his precious little sister.  

‘PARK-HEE-JIN are you trying to kill me?!’

Chaeri pulled Heejin into her usual tight suffocating embrace when Chanyeol was gone despite Heejin’s effort to calm her poor friend down.

‘I’m sorry.’ She replied and sighed.

‘Are you-’ the other girl pulled away from the hug and regarded her face with a frown, ‘-okay now?’

Heejin nodded slightly and patted Chaeri’s cheeks with a smile. ‘I’m sorry I made you worry.’

‘No more next time, or I’m really gonna have you grounded! Do you even know just how many calls I’ve made?! AISH.’

Her eyes widened at once at the mention of her phone. Right, she’d totally ignore her calls. ‘Can you pass it to me? It’s in my bag.’ She clasped her hands together with puppy eyes. Chaeri rolled her eyes in defeat.

More than a hundred miss calls. Heejin chuckled silently earning an accusing look from her friend. ‘How can you still laugh? I almost had a heart attack.’

It seemed that Daehyun had called her a couple of times too. Chaeri leaned forward and sighed when she saw his name on the missed call log.

‘I’ve already tell Daehyun that you’re having a fever, he said he’ll call you later this afternoon.’

‘Thanks my besssttt friend.’

Heejin gave her half a hug but frowned when she looked at the screen again. Chanyeol came in at the moment while she stared at an unfamiliar number.

‘What is it?’ He noticed the look on her face and bend forward to have a better look.

‘Oppa, did you call me with your colleagues’ phone?’

‘No. I didn’t. Why?’ A frown creased on both Chaeri and Chanyeol’s faces.

‘I’ve never seen that number before.’ Chaeri said and shrugged.

‘Ah, I guess it’s just a wrong number.’ Without thinking much Heejin too, shrugged it off and ignored.

‘Have some rest, I’ll go make breakfast.’ Chanyeol gave both girls a chaste kiss before heading out again and Heejin could only laugh at the blush on her friend’s cheeks.

‘Isn’t it time to stop blushing already?’ She teased making a face, and tucked the phone away without another thought.

‘Aish, I’m going out to help your oppa now!’ Chaeri got up from the bed and half-stomped out of the room leaving Heejin once again, alone.

She sighed at what she’d done to herself the night before. She was selfish to neglect the feelings of the people around her. The real actual living people who loved and cared for her, not some delusional thoughts or dreams of an inexistent memory. Giving her puffy cheeks a hard pat, she exhaled deeply.

‘Park Heejin, get your together. It’s about time to move on.’