Restarted

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Reversed, Restarted, Recall...

 

The week almost passed like a dream, or not. Everyone around her seemed so different and foreign. Though Chaeri was still the loud and protective one, but her relationship with Chanyeol was something Heejin just couldn’t get use to seeing.

She rolled her eyes again when Chanyeol kissed her best friend goodbye on the cheeks while just giving herself a brotherly loving pat on the head.

‘What?’ Chaeri voiced seeing the look on her face.

She shrugged. ‘Nothing.’

Meanwhile, or all along, she was waiting for that someone to appear. Her so called ‘brother she shouldn’t love’ in her dreams. It felt so real. She just couldn’t be convinced that none of those happened.

Deep in thoughts, she didn’t even noticed Daehyun sneaking up behind. And without any warnings, he lifted her off her feet into a spin. But of course, Heejin screamed, earning the look of all other students in the premise.

‘Woah woah woah, what’s wrong?’ Daehyun looked back and forth between her and Chaeri, to which Chaeri couldn’t only shrug with the same puzzled expression but filled with more worry.

Heejin gestured her hands up and down infront of her torso and then pointed an accusing finger at Daehyun, who, once again, was supposed to be her best friend, in her “dreams”.

After all the needed dramatic actions, she finally spoke not without taking a short step back. ‘You, Me, who said you can do that?!’

Chaeri slapped her arm suddenly and she jumped before glaring at the other girl with a dumbfounded expression.

Chaeri’s worried expression returned and she was speaking in a much lowered voice. ‘You and Daehyun, are lovers.’

Just as the words ended, the headache returned followed by a series of flashbacks of the time she spent and the kisses she shared with the man before her. But the weirdest and most confusing thing was how she’d never remembered doing them. She just saw them, but her body and her heart don’t remember the feelings, those touches, the moments. It was as if the memories were all planted inside her head battling with the ones she had in her dream. Tears flowed uncontrollably as she got more disoriented and lost her footing.

Daehyun held her just when she lost her balance, grabbing her steadily against his chest. But Heejin would only want to fight him off. She doesn’t like the way his hands felt on her skin. She felt as if she was betraying that person. She doesn’t want that person to feel any worst than finding out he was her brother.

But the irony was how nothing seemed to make sense anymore.

What is reality and what isn’t? If her dreams wasn’t real than what is?

 

Some time later Daehyun was all alone while waiting for Heejin to end classes. He was still slightly taken aback by the fact that her memory loss might be permanent. Yet he couldn't help but feel jealous of that dream guy she had. Of all people, she had to forget her own boyfriend. He sighed loudly and then his phone vibrated in his pockets suddenly, startling him. 

A look at the caller ID and he straightened up immediately. His expressions remained solemn as the voice spoke in the phone. 

'Yes Sir. Goodbye Sir.' And he hung up, dropping the seriousness and reverting back to the carefree Daehyun. But this time, there was something more in his mind.  

 

________________________________________________

 

Chanyeol played with Bionic in his big hands while Yongguk and Xiumin talked to Luhan. It wasn’t his turn to speak yet so he remained as quiet as he could be. The fact was everyone was out of it ever since Luhan lost his memories. He couldn’t seem to remember anything that happened in the period he was trapped in the past. He could remember how he sent Yongguk back from 2013, but he couldn’t remember who he met there, what he did there. All he kept saying was seeing a silhouette of what seemed like an angel, to which Kris seemed to keep teasing him on.

Meanwhile Xiumin showed him the old diary left behind by his father. He was just as surprised as everyone initially when shown the message on the last few pages. That was his handwriting, but he doesn’t remember writing them. He didn’t even know why he had to write them.

‘Probably I was just trying to communicate?’ He said and Chanyeol looked up again from his hands.

‘There was this girl I saw when we went to the school.’ Yongguk said while nothing came up in Luhan’s limited memory. He could only shake his head.

‘She had a friend…do you..?’ Yongguk tried again but Luhan shook his head again.

‘I’m sorry,’ He whispered, genuinely apologetic. ‘I don’t even know if I’ve forgotten anything important. Maybe I’ve found out about something and the captured me to erase my memories?’

Xiumin nodded. ‘That could be possible. But whatever we’ve told you are the only limited information we had on hand at the moment.’

Luhan took another glance at the Pocket Watch and sighed deeply. He took the ‘adopting’ part well, just pretty much taken aback at the fact that he actually doesn’t even have a parent to begin with. Then the silhouette of that person appeared in his mind again. He squeezed his eyes shut tried to recall.

This time, everything was fuzzy; he still couldn’t see her face. But his heart seemed to react to the one piece of image etched in his mind; that person’s smile. It was as though he was looking through tinted glass, the lights were overly bright and blinding, the colors were all wrong and distorted. Yet the only thing that focused was a simple upward curve of the lips. Was it an angel he saw when he Travelled? He couldn’t even know for sure but one thing he knew was the fact that he must’ve fallen in love with that angel.

Their communicators blinked crazily on their wrists and the same image of Baekhyun popped up on their small screens. He seemed slightly more excited than ever and somehow the message was more subjected to Chanyeol’s understanding. It was a research both of them participated in.

‘Luhan hyung! I’ve found out something important. Not safe to talk here but please come to the Base!’

Everyone in the room exchanged curious glances. Then without another word, they were already out of the door.

 

Baekhyun was seated in his arm chair typing like a maniac. A series of codes of alphabets and numbers appeared on the big screen. While the rest of the big group watched patiently, he stopped with the final punch of keys.

An old sepia photo appeared on the screen and Luhan immediately recognized his dad among the people, or maybe not exactly his dad anymore.

He inhaled loud breath and gestured for both Kai and Sehun to his side. ‘So just hours ago we received a series of codes from the Planetory Association of GMIs. Apparently they’re coming to bring hyung back for questioning.’

The room was silent except for the constant beeping of machines around them. There was only horror and more horrified expressions from almost everyone except for the person that message was directed to.

‘I guess I’ll have to go…’ He mumbled.

‘How the hell..’ Yongguk was about to speak but Kai cut him half way like always.

‘Apparently they’ve already knew about Time Travelling and that his father was working for them on a secret project. So they’ve noticed a disturbance in the whatever, Time Space I don’t know, frequencies? and thus led them here.’ He pointed a finger at his feet.

‘And they’ve told you all that? If it’s all supposed to be in secret then…’ Himchan continued but Sehun stepped forward raising a hand.

‘I told them about Hyung’s recently time travel and that we’ll exchange information if they do the same.’

Now even Luhan was glaring right down the younger male’s very spine.

‘You did what?! Do you know that they could just terminate you? Are you tired of living? Playing with your entire existence?!’ That was Chanyeol surprisingly.

‘I know but hyung-‘

‘It would’ve hurt me even more if they decided to terminate you. And by terminate I’m sure you know what it meant.’ Luhan raised his voice with clenched fists.

Sehun lowered his head and Luhan sighed.

‘So we’ve brought ourselves some time,’ Baekhyun glanced at Luhan and then at the two younger males beside him, ‘and they gave me this.’ He jerked a thumb back at the screen.

‘This group of people was in the same project team as hyung’s, foster dad.’ He took another glance at Luhan and got a nod in returned. ‘Some of them, stayed in the past but this,’ he pointed at the man beside Luhan’s father, ‘he kind of betrayed the whole team.’

‘Greed huh.’ Kris mumbled in a corner.

‘Exactly how, I didn’t know for sure. Maybe when hyung’s memories returned things could be clearer, after all he spent an amount of time there and I couldn’t be more sure that he must’ve found out more than we knew or they could disclose.’ Baekhyun reasoned and took another glance at Luhan.

Then it was that last sentence he said which triggered something more in Luhan’s mind.

‘Your dad was the first person to successfully Time Traveled to the past.’

Then there was a sharp gasp from Luhan after what seemed like forever for the information to sink in. The next moment, he was running back to retrieve the old diary.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So things are really really really very confusing right now. All the conspiracies are finally coming together. So as of now you guys knew that Luhan and Heejin aren’t siblings. And I know many are confused like what the hell going on here, so probably you guys might have already guess that in this NEW 2013, everything reversed and restarted to the time frame that Luhan didn’t exist after Heejin’s accident, so that explains why nobody knew about him. But I want to mention something more, and that is the fact that even in this new time frame Daehyun and Heejin sort of was a pair, he was still the Agent with his special mission. And all these will be revealed in the next following chapters.