Chapter 26

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Dear diary,

A week had past. I was beginning to accept the fact that Luhan was out of my league. He, in fact, was none other than my very own brother. My blood flows in his, and his, mine. It took a while isn't it? To be slapped by the one thing in the world that you had totally no means to deny. Somehow I got it all tossed at the back of my head, for we had more important things to figure out. No use wallowing in my own pathetic sorrow. 

My dad's, or maybe I should be using, our dad's old diary, was in Luhan's possession. He'd been looking for clues trying to figure out all those random calculations, I guess his desire to return to his own Time was far greater than me being his sister. I wouldn't pry into his business and he wouldnt be interested in mine. We both knew clear enough, or I knew clearly that one extra glance or one more unwanted gesture could ignite those cold feelings of mine. Thus, I stayed away. 

But we all had the same doubt. If we had the same dad, that could only mean that he time travelled to the future. Met someone there, remarried, had Luhan. Or He could be more than just my half brother. He could be our real brother. But whether our mom was his mom remained a mystery. It was confusing, trust me. I'm more than aware. Luckily, my brother found him an empty unit just across the street from our apartment. It could be worse if he lived with us. 

School hasn't been great, not when my sketch book was more than 80% empty. Futuristic. I could almost fake a laugh. I'd almost forgotten that I'm a final year student after all these series of less than fortunate events. And to think that my new brother came from the future. I couldn't be more impressed. Keeping a diary wasn't part of my usual habit. But with all these events going on, I could do with unusual. 

Time to go. Not when mister literature teacher is staring daggers at me. 

 

* * * * *

Heejin's phone rang after class and it was Daehyun's name on the caller ID. Of course, she didn't tell him about Luhan because it would mean that one more person would have to know about the time travelling stuff. It had come to their conclusion that this matter wouldn't be known by a fourth person. Not even her best friend not even daehyun. There was just that small easily buried feeling of guilt when she slided the 'Pick Up' icon across her smart phone screen. 

'Hey nerd, drowning in your geekiness?' Daehyun could really need a better introduction. But that lit up her face like a charm. She was glad that he was back. She missed him, just not more than she misses Luhan. Chaeri half hopped from the lockers next to her, arching an eyebrow. 'Daehyun.' Heejin mouthed back earning a wry smile from her friend and she rolled her eyes in return. One thing that surprised her was how easily Chaeri believed that she'd broken up with Luhan due to unforseen reasons she doesn't want to talk about. She was grateful for having her as a friend, she was the best that she could've ever gain.

'Are you really talking to me like that? Because if you are, you'll be hearing the beeps of death in the next second.' 

There was a loud laughter from the other end of the line. 'No you are not, because you miss me too much to do that.' Daehyun's downright humourous, that, was something Heejin misses indefinitely. She chuckled. 

'What is it again? mister casanova?' 

Meanwhile, Chaeri excused herself to the ladies, not without after giving Heejin another teasing nudge. Leaning against the wall, the corridor was clearing up fast as most other students were going to their next classes. Thankfully, the two of them had an empty slot for the next period, they could do some research later in the library. The library.. Heejin was careless to let her thoughts wander and she snapped back the instant she heard Daehyun's voice. 

'I'm flattered m'lady,' he cleared his throat and began again. 'May I ask if perhaps m'lady is free tonight?' 

Heejin held in a laughter at his cheesiness. 'mmm, that'll depend lover boy.' and rolled her eyes. 

'Are you rolling your eyes right now? Because if you are, that's gonna look nasty.' He teased again startling Heejin for a moment and she was checking out corners in all directions in case he was there in the shadows. But of course, she remembered how he'd knew her more than long to know her little habits. She almost heaved a sigh of relieve. 

'Stop it Jung Daehyun. I think there should be no more flirting. Get to the point.' 

'Yes mam, nah, don't you think we should have a better catch up session? Don't you sooooo miss me???'

Heejin could almost visualize his pout and laughed loudly. Just then Chaeri came out and dragged her along with the same old teasing smile but butted into her phone just enough for Daehyun to hear. 'If you want to date her, you'll have to go through me. FIRST!' 

'You heard her.' the girls laughed along in hooked arms making their way to the library. 

'So...?' Daehyun's tone was softer now and Heejin can't help but imagined his disappointment. But of course she needed this. She needed him as much as she needed Chaeri. 'Well then it's a ... nights out with my precious childhoood buddddy! awwwww' She beamed into the speaker and heard the familiar chuckle. 

'See you then. I'll pick you up.' And he hung up. 

'So now you're gonna date your childhood friend?' Chaeri poked her sides arching an eyebrow. Heejin pushed her away making a face. 'He is just a friend! He knows that.' 

'OHHHH. So what if he doesn't? You're gonna date him over Luhan?' Chaeri gasped the moment the words came out like a bullet train. She slapped her forehead in regret. Heejin's expression hardened the moment she heard it. That name. But seeing how her friend was self reproaching, she tried a smile. 

'Don't worry about that, I broke up with him. I'm living well with that.' The words felt like acid as she kept her lie. But the smile must've worked because Chaeri gave her an apologetic look and hooked her arm over hers, bubbly again. It was an unintentional mistake, Heejin knew that. But she didn't know how her heart almost stopped that second the very syllables hit her.

It hurt, a hell lot. 

Chaeri must've forgotten but she'd led Heejin past the staircase near the nurse office. The familiar memories jolted back into her mind once more. She could picture the scene when he held her perfectly still in his strong arms, her books lay scattered all around them. His hair, his eyes, his jaws, his smile... She squeezed her eyes shut at once knowing that another second remembering would jerk her tears. 

She felt Chaeri stiffened beside her and felt apologetic. In fact, she felt weak and hopeless, knowing that her best friend was trying her very best to prevent bringing back unpleasant memories. If only she'd really broken up with him, if only they'd even really dated to begin with. If only...

she in a large intake of breath and opened her eyes, not surprised that a little moisture had built up behind her closed lids. Beside her, Chaeri was forcing a smile. Then the next thing she knew, they've reached the library already. 

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. It was a message from Daehyun. 
 

"Stop thinking of me. See you in a few hours. Don't be too excited! - From the Oh-So-Charming-Mister-Casanova.

PS. Don't worry. I'm not gonna eat you. I'll be bringing a friend and Chanyeol hyung too."

 

Heejin smiled unquestionably at the greatest timing the boy had. What excites her the most was that her brother got to go too. Her mood brightened up again and inhaled the cold-conditioned air in the library before dragging Chaeri to the Arts and Design Section. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Who is mystery guy friend?! Want a clue? --------------------------------------- Someone from.... hahah read on guys read on~~~

AND HOLY SHET IM TOO EXCITED FOR WORDS OKAY. JUST TWO MORE DAYS BEFORE THEIR COMEBACK. I KNOW THERE'S BEEN LEAKED CHOREOGRAPHY EVERYWHERE ONLINE BUT NOU GUYS. NOU. DONT SEE THEM DONT SPOIL THEIR HARDWORK AND THE SUSPENSE. KEEP CALM AND WAIT FOR EXO COMEBACK. WE'VE WAITED FOR A WHOLE YEAR. WE COULD WAIT ANOTHER TWO MORE DAYS RIGHT? :D AND HOLY SHET HIGHLIGHT MEDLEY SO PRECIOUZ. /THROW CONFETTI AND CREY RAINBOWS/