Chapter 24

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan wanted so much to scream. That would sound like a girl but he couldn’t help but stare anxiously into space, mumbling random inaudible phrases.

Daehyun had excused himself earlier much to Heejin’s disappointment. He’d only just arrived and now he had to leave for a while again. But to Luhan, it was more than assuring. He was finding it hard looking at someone with the same face but a different character. Not when the Daehyun he knew was no other than a boy with a kind heart, while this Daehyun was glaring into his very bones right from the start.

He’d choose to wait outside rather than in the ward. Better to be alone than face the girl he once saw romantically. His very mind was in a confused state, he was even keener to prove that they weren’t sharing the same damned father.

He touched the communicator on his wrist. It had malfunctioned probably due to the fact that his very entity wasn’t part of the future anymore. It was now none other than a rubber wrist band.

Fear. The word crossed his mind once again. But he wasn’t sure if it was the right emotion anymore. That was when a photo album came within sight. Chanyeol returned with the photo album in one hand and threw it into Luhan’s lap.

‘What is it that you’re not saying?’ Chanyeol asked taking the seat beside the now solemn male. He wasn’t expecting the other guy to reply immediately. Instead he observed the change in Luhan’s expression as he flipped through the pages slowly.

Then a gasp escaped Luhan’s lips and he closed the album without another word.

* * * * *

 

Heejin switched on the TV browsing through random channels absentmindedly. The look on Luhan’s face still lingered at the back of her mind. His eyes were wide but not in shock but he hasn’t said another word to her before he exited the room with a half hearted smile.

He is my brother.Even if he’s just half a brother, he is still my brother.

She’d been repeating the words like a mantra in her mind. But clearly, it wasn’t doing any good. For her heart wrenched the moment she remembered the day she first saw him; his dark hazel eyes ever mesmerizing. For once she stopped to think if there’s any resemblance of her to him. But she gave that up, for the thought itself was more than just heartbreaking.

She picked up her phone and typed a message to her best friend. At times like this, she wished that Chaeri was here to accompany no matter how annoying she’ll be once Chanyeol was to appear. But the last thing she wanted to do was to involve her into this ‘man from future is my boyfriend but actually my brother’ ordeal.

With an angry click, she switched off the TV and buried herself back under the blankets; an angry sob escaped . She was mad. Mad to fall in love so easily, now that this love was nothing but unrequited.

 Just then the door slide open loudly.

‘Heejin?’ She heard Chanyeol’s concerned voice and footsteps towards her. Shocked, she wiped away her suddenly appearing tears from the brim of her eyes and stopped moving. She felt a hand on her shoulders, the warmth slowly seeping through the blanket to her skin. She squeezed her eyes shut and breathed slower.

‘Is she asleep?’ That was Luhan’s. Her heart did an unwanted somersault upon hearing it. And she was mad again at herself for her useless inability to ignore that wonderful voice.

She breathed slowly, straining her ears to hear their soft conversations. And she was regretting having hid under the blankets. But again, she refused to reveal herself for they would know she’d been crying.

‘Are you a hundred percent sure now?’ Chanyeol’s voice was much softer, but there was seriousness to his voice that scared Heejin. She was afraid of any more that she’ll be hearing. That question didn’t get a verbal reply.

Then she heard the sound of the door closing and silence fell once again into this empty ward. She could only hear her own breathing echoing in her ears. Her heart was beating faster by the second. Slowly, she peeked from the blanket and gasped. 

 

 

I'm so sorry, this update took so long... >.< and thankyou! new subscribers~! <3