Recall

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

The dinner with Daehyun wasn’t exactly enjoyable. Heejin couldn’t quite shake off the feeling that he was no more than a good friend. Not that his character differed too much from what she’d seen in her dream. But the things he said was freaking her out all over again. At the end of the day, she couldn’t help but suggested that he bring her home.

‘Can I get a hug at the very least?’ He asked with pouted lips.

Contemplating whether to hug him or not, Heejin sighed and decided that this could be the best way. He already had his arms wide open for her embrace so there was only one thought she had in her mind. Just a quick hug, no biggie.

She was no more than arms length away, wrapping her arms awkwardly around Daehyun’s waist when he suddenly leaned down to give her a quite peck on the lips.

Taken aback, her hand reacted faster than her mind. Without warning, she’d landed a slap across his horrified face.

‘Heejin ah..’ his expression was more than just pure pain and his voice was pleading, yet Heejin had a palm on glaring at the male hardheartedly, taking a few wary steps back before running back up her apartment.

 Once home, she dashed straight for the bathroom and rinsed several times. She couldn’t believe what he’d done. Then tears began forming at the brim of her eyes as she stared at her own reflection.

Luhan, are you even real?

_______

 

Luhan read the words he wrote on the old diary again and again. He had seen it, the image of her of everyone he met and remembered that he was half way through a conversation with Daehyun and Joonmyun.

Now that he knew he was adopted, all he wanted so much to do was to go back and tell her.

Almost everyone was in the room, but being unable to hide his happiness and relieve, he grabbed Sehun, who was the nearest to him at the moment, by his shoulders in joy.

‘I remembered! All of it! I… She… Heejin… I have to go back now.’ He was smiling, and in his mind there was nothing else more important than breaking the news to her. Now nobody can ever stop them. They can finally go on a proper date like the couples they saw in Hongdae and-

His thoughts stopped abruptly when he noticed the looks on everyone’s faces. Yongguk’s especially, there was more saddness or pity than glee.

‘Hyung..’ Sehun whispered at the dumbstruck older male.

Luhan raised a hand and collapsed into the arm chair. His eyes was nothing but a dazed, their usual shine has vanished. Then as if on cue, he straightened himself and reverted back to his usual serious self; the Luhan who had a whole load of responsibilities on his shoulders, the Luhan who cared more than just the wellbeing of his fellow comrades.  

‘My memories returned,’ he turned to Baekhyun, ‘and in fact I really do know more than the Association could’ve known.’

 

‘So there was another me in the past?’ Daehyun’s eyes twinkled in curiousity. Luhan nodded with a laugh as he remembered how the two of them differed.

‘Trust me, this version of you is so much better.’

Daehyun nodded with a contented smile.

‘So Park Dong Hoon had found himself a wife and had kids in the past..’ Xiumin said without dropping the serious tone.

‘And hyung had fallen in love with his daughter.’ Kai added. Once again, unneccessarily. Chen nudged him on the sides and turned to Luhan.

‘Damn right I did.’ Luhan said under his breath and exhaled deeply, just right for everyone else to hear.

‘Hey are you guys forgetting I was borned into their family too? I mean the … past…me?’ Chanyeol added quickly to change the atmosphere but frowned at how bizarre it actually sounded.

Luhan managed a laugh and Baekhyun gave him a firm pat on the shoulder with an over dramatic sympathetic look.

‘So the other Daehyun and the other…me… they were agents sent to spy on them?’ Suho too made a face when he said that and Luhan confirmed that piece of information again.

‘Which means whoever sent them could be the traitor in this group.’ Baekhyun tapped at the picture he’d downloaded to his tablet.

Everyone else nodded at the seriousness of this matter. Yet at the moment there was one other important thing in his mind. That one person he couldn’t stop thinking about. That one person he wanted to see the most.

But as of now, he couldn’t risk going back again. The Association was one big hurdle they had to pass.

I’ll return for you. I will, even if it's gonna cost me my life.