Chapter 45

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

There were loud beeping sounds echoing in his ears and a heavy smell of metals and chemicals in the air. Luhan could feel his consciousness slowly regaining and he could already feel his numb hands and legs.

While he opened his eyes abruptly only to be blinded by a big white spot light above him. Before his eyes could adjust to the surroundings, he was already struggling to get up and off the hard top he was lying on but only then he realized that his limbs were strapped to the cold metal table top.

Heejin. Heejin where are you. Heejin…

Someone opened the door and there was a loud click when the door closes and he turned his head to the side to have a better look. His ears were ringing and he could hear his own beating heart in the quiet room while the person stood a few feet away, watching, and seemingly observing him. Luhan couldn’t see his face at all; it was hidden behind a black veil. All he knew was that the figure was definitely a man based on his built. However, there was something oddly familiar about this person that Luhan couldn’t quite make out.

A thought came to him at once, possibly the best explanation of what happened and a word escaped his lips before the man could say anything, ‘Traitor.’ His throat felt dry and even that one word felt like acid with sand paper.

He found himself staring intensely at the black cloth or what he believed the person’s eyes would be and heard a laugh escaped from behind the veil.

‘Alas, I’m regretful to not give you the best treatment I could provide.’ The voice wasn’t very deep. Instead it gave off a more cunning and suggestive tone.

Luhan scoffed in response and he heard another laugh. This time there was a dramatic deepening of that person’s voice.

‘If you value her life, show some respect.’

It doesn’t even need an idiot to tell him who the man was referring to. His hands balled into fist at once upon hearing and he tried to raise his hands only to remember how they were still securely strapped, the material cutting into the skin around his wrists at every futile attempt to free his hands. He could almost see the mockery on the man’s face while he struggled.  

‘What have you done to her?!’ His voice broke at the last word and he continued exerting strength to break away from the restrain. There wasn’t anything available in the room and he had no idea whether his Telekinesis would work here or anywhere, if he even knew where he was.

‘Nothing. She’s receiving the best treatment. Surprisingly obedient and adorable.’ The male replied, deliberately speaking with awe and fascination.

That almost drove Luhan crazy as he imagined the worst possible scenario that could’ve happened to Heejin.

‘YOU BASTARD!’ He shouted, feeling the acidic strain on the walls of his throat. Thrashing continuously on the table top, he was hoping that the strap would finally gave way but instead, it was his wrists that failed him first. He could see the red moisture around the black strap and found his consciousness slipping away by the second.

The man turned towards the door and spoke through a speaker. ‘Open up now.’ Then as soon as his words fell, the heavy looking door slid open. The man stepped out without turning back.

‘Meanwhile, have a good sleep before the real fun begins.’ And the door closed with the same loud click.

Luhan didn’t even have time to register what he meant before he slipped back into darkness once again, the beeping of something echoing in his ears.

-----

 

Heejin sat on the comfortable bed in the dress she was asked to wear. The dress was a beautiful white silk evening gown that wrapped around and fit her perfectly. She didn’t know where she was and where Luhan was. Even Yongguk was nowhere to be found. Her feelings were of extremes; either anxiety of Luhan’s wellbeing or fear that something had already happened. But she couldn’t understand why she was kept alive, or rather very well taken care of.

The room was spacious and modern looking, a white and blue themed room that was almost as big as a president suite in a 5-star hotel. No windows, only ventilation vents and air-conditioned at a comfortable temperature. There was nothing that could be used to communicate or receive information, only a built-in ceiling speaker that she could talk to or get her instructions from, nothing that indicated life. She rubbed her arms as the ‘lifeless’ thought gave her chills.

When she first woke up, she’d tried to make a run but was dragged back to bed by two identical looking males stationed right outside the door; seemingly the same ones who kidnapped her. Ever since then nobody came in or out of her room, all that talked to her was a voice from the speaker.

‘Get dressed and eat.’ Was all it said and five ladies in white nurse-like uniforms with masks covering half of their faces walked in, holding a big box that contained the dress and big stainless steel plates of food.

‘Where am I? Why am I here?’ She tried to ask, but none of them said anything or even made a sound, even their breathing seemed so quiet and controlled. After putting down the things, they exited the room in a single file professionally trained manner and the door clicked close on her.

She was still wary of hidden cameras in the room and was looking everywhere in the big room for a place to change and just as she’d speculated the voice came from the speakers again, teasing.

‘I was expecting a good show. Looks like I’ll be disappointed.’

‘ERT! JUST GET ME OUT WON’T YOU? WHERE IS THIS PLACE?! WHERE IS LUHAN? WHERE IS YONGGUK?!’ Tears rolled down her cheeks while she screamed at the speaker. She was scared, alone and helpless. There was nothing she could do, there was no way to escape and no way could she find out where the others were.  She could only comply and obey, being monitored and stalked, like a bird in a cage. Rather than rid of freedom, she was more afraid of what the person behind the voice was capable of doing. What if he was torturing them?

The thought of a bleeding, ruined Luhan got her crying into her knees once again. She could’ve imagined, but the voice seemed to soften yet what he said was understood clearly as a threat.

‘Stop searching for cameras for there isn’t any in this room but don’t you think you can try anything funny because I have my way in watching you. Get dressed and eat. If you’re not obedient, I couldn’t promise you nothing will happen to your lover or that other man.’

And she heard a static sound then the speaker when dead.

Now there she was sitting helplessly on the king sized bed hoping the voice could speak again, or give her a sign that they were fine.

‘I’ve eaten and dressed. Now answer my questions!’

There was silence. No indications that the speaker was even . Then suddenly another door at the far end slid open. She could hear soft music playing on the other side. Two ladies and two men were standing by the door, waiting for her.

Slowly, she made her way towards them. Her crystal jeweled heels clicked echoingly. Her heart was racing at every step she took. With every step closer she felt her own fear and anxiety building up.

And when she was out of the room finally, the view before her was none other than breath taking. It was a grand ballroom like those that came out in movies; bright yellow orange lightings, maroon curtains and a big chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She gasped at the sight.

There wasn’t a single person in the room. The dance floor was empty. She made her way to the middle of the floor while the four persons followed behind closely. She felt lost, not knowing what to do. He can’t expect me to dance right? What kind of ertic psychopath is he?!

She took a deep breath as she take in her surroundings the classical music resonated in her ears. Then someone switched on a mic somewhere and she heard the voice again before a person dressed in a full white suit and a black mask covering the whole of his face walked out from behind the stage curtains.

The white suit and her dress almost seemed like a set and she flinched at the very sight.

‘I apologize for my abrupt surprising appearance but I hope my hospitality has been pleasant to your liking.’  

‘Do you really have to go all shakespear mannerism on me or you’re just weird.’ Heejin took a step back, her nails were digging into her palms but she held her ground bravely, hoping that he wouldn’t hear the trembles in her voice.

He laughed. It could be her imaginations but the laugh doesn’t sound the least intimidating.

‘Where are they? Why am I here? Did you torture them? Who are you?’

‘That’s a lot of questions.’

‘Answer them.’ Her voice shook at the last word and she almost swore she would’ve punched herself in the stomach.

‘Who do you think I am?’ The male had cleverly skipped to the last of her question, throwing her question back.

Heejin frowned. Only then she realized how she wasn’t even using her brain while she was locked up in the room behind. There was only one possible candidate that could’ve found them and have they captured. Someone that was afraid to have people compromising the whole great evil plan of his.

‘You. Are you… the traitor?’ There was no need to hide her stutters because she was really afraid now.

He laughed again but there was something about that, she found familiar.

‘Both of you have very great imaginations.’

Heejin’s head snapped up at once. ‘Both? Luhan?!’ she cried. The person took a few steps forward until he’d descended the steps of the stage. Heejin too, took a few defensive steps back almost tripping over the long floor dragging hem of her dress.

The person only laughed again and said the something that she was most afraid of.  

‘Come dance, with me.’