Chapter 42

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

‘I missed you.’ She mumbled into his shirt, but she was sure he’d heard it perfectly.

He tightened his embrace around her, she did the same and felt his chest vibrated slightly along with his voice.

‘Me too.’

‘HEE JIN AH!’

Daehyun’s voice broke their bubble while Yongguk dropped his arms that were holding the angered male back. It was quick but there was another reason why he stepped away from Daehyun. Meanwhile he only moved to Luhan’s side without another word or another glance at the hot-headed man.

Luhan grabbed Heejin’s hand protectively, pulling her behind himself.

‘What is the meaning of this?’ Daehyun stared past Luhan at the girl. He felt betrayed. Did Chaeri and Chanyeol know too? Were they acting too?

He was hoping she could say something, maybe lie or say anything whatever to convince him but she remained silent. His knuckles were turning white from the tightly clenched fists. He could’ve sworn he’d never wanted to kill someone as much as he wanted the blonde haired dude to vanish.

Heejin’s hand trembled slightly from the rage she saw in his eyes. Her lips parted slightly as if to say something but she held them back. This was all beyond her control. Never in her dreams did she know Luhan would appear before her again. It was a miracle he returned, but it was now a problem.

A big one.

Luhan glanced at her briefly and was about to take a step forward, ‘He’s Luhan,’ she said after giving his hand a squeeze stopping him.

‘Tell me something I don’t know.’ Daehyun voice was cold. His gaze was as cold as ice, boring into her. She turned her gaze away, but decided to face him again. She was sorry, but she could only foolishly and helplessly follow what her heart tells her to do.

‘He’s not a dream I had, those memories… they were real.’ Heejin began and Daehyun’s expression remained unreadable. Luhan’s firm grip on her kept her rooted to the ground. The very warmth she felt from his skin gave her enough courage to face what she herself couldn’t quite put into words.

Then Daehyun took a deep breath and was about to say something when his phone rang. He took a quick look at the caller ID and picked it up immediately but his gaze never once left hers.

‘Am I not here? I feel offended.’ Luhan whispered to Yongguk while Heejin shot him a glance that would’ve sounded something like ‘are you serious.’ But she caught that quick exchange of looks between the two of them and knew there was something else to this. She didn’t ask for Daehyun was still talking on the phone with the same serious look locked on herself.

‘Yes Sir.’ He replied monotonously and hung up right away.

Yongguk raised an eyebrow at Luhan and he returned with a very slight nod. This time Heejin didn’t notice. She was too focused on whatever Daehyun was going to say but instead Luhan spoke first to her surprise.

‘Who called?’

‘None of your business.’

Luhan simply shrugged and tugged on Heejin’s hand lightly before pulling her in the opposite direction.

‘We’re not done here.’ Daehyun said simply his expression nothing but a poker face now. Heejin had never seen him like that before. This Daehyun is a different Daehyun. This Daehyun was cold and almost capable of taking a life without much hesitation. She flinched and noticed his expression softened significantly when their gazes met. She was sure she didn’t imagine it.

‘I think we’re done here. I’m taking her.’

‘You’re saying I should let you, a stranger, take her?’ Daehyun scoffed sarcastically while Luhan smirked and shook his head.

‘I don’t think you are interested in fostering a friendship with me,’ he glanced at Heejin who looked as lost as a puppy. ‘But I’m not a stranger, at least not to her.’ He smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders steering her away from the other male.

Yongguk sniffed in a laughter and cleared his throat.

‘Time to go, sister-in-law,’ followed by another mocking smirk at Daehyun.

His palms hurt and he swore he would’ve stopped them if not for the amount of onlookers in the area. No matter how much he was hurting, how much his heart was actually hurting as if they were bleeding, there wasn’t a need to harm anyone now. There wasn’t a need to anymore, because that phone call earlier was far more important to be worried about getting his girl snatched. Fact was, she was never his to begin with ever since she woke up from her coma.

His phone beeped once signaling a message received but he ignored it.

‘There you are.’ A female voice called out to him in a distance and he jerked his head in the direction at once, taking a defensive step back.

Straight long black hair, sharp charismatic eyes that form into beautiful mesmerizing eye smiles and her lush lips that seemed so inviting; Daehyun relaxed immediately in relieve and smiled at the female who was twirling her shades carelessly in one hand.

‘Yah idiot, don’t you recognize Noona’s voice?!’ The girl gave Daehyun’s forehead a hard tap with the shades and he winced in defeat.

‘Of course I do Noona how can I not, I wasn’t paying attention. Which guy in the right mind would forget such a beautiful woman? The allllllmighty male killer in our department, Tiffany. I must be courting my own death.’

Tiffany smiled contentedly but gave him another light tap on his forehead. ‘Enough with the exaggeration.’

‘But Noona what brings you here?’

Her face fell into seriousness once again, those soft innocent eyes turning into those like a hawk’s.

He sent me here for a mission. He said I would be of help to you and indeed I see why I will be.’ She jerked a finger at the empty area where Heejin was with the two males just moments ago.

Daehyun sighed and walked towards the gate, his fists clenched again. Tiffany followed with a smile right behind him, her knee-high black sleek leather boots clicking away. She wasn’t even trying to be reserved. She was without a doubt enjoying the eye-boggling looks the male students gave her on the way out.

‘Did you check the message I sent you earlier?’

Daehyun immediately took out his phone and opened the attachment sent to him from her. And then almost instantly, his face lit up in plain delight, his knuckles relaxed.

‘Where did you get this?’

Tiffany had known he would ask and returned with a smirk. ‘From him.’

He frowned slightly. Why had he decided to help him now? The phone call earlier only mentioned that Tiffany was arriving soon.

They were now out on the streets when Daehyun caught sight of her BMW parked boldly along the strictly no-parking university street. A traffic officer was about to take down her car plate number when she crossed her long slender legs before him. He looked up immediately and ended up with his jaws hung open.

‘Can you let me off this time?’ She asked blinking a few times. Daehyun chuckled. No one could withstand those innocent eyes. Except him because… He shook the thought off. No use thinking about her now. Not now.

He watched at the poor helpless officer straightened up, tried to regain his composure but of course end up failing badly. Well, he tried. A+ for effort.  The poor officer only smiled awkwardly at them while they drove off in to the main street.

‘I swear that poor man is gonna think about you all day.’

‘I think so too.’ She replied and he rolled his eyes.

‘So how do you like the new helpful information?’

Daehyun smirked twirling his sleek phone between his thumb and middle finger like a Ferris wheel.

‘Lu Han or should I say Head in Command, Luhan of the Secret Service Department**?’ Daehyun slipped his phone back into his bikers’ jacket and returned Tiffany with another grin.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**(Chapter 32)

And Yes, it’s Tiffany Hwang from SNSD. Hahaha. I thought she fit well. But I wasn’t trying to make her ty. She is y and that most of her iness comes from her strong gaze not the way she dress of walks or anything you guys wanna think about. HAHAHA well I can’t stop your imaginations… so… HAHAHA 

And btw more airtime for Daehyun this chapter. HAHAHAHA :D