Chapter 5

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Year 2134

 

The twelve of them glared at Yongguk and his gang of GMIs, especially Himchan who was probably having the time of his life.

‘How was the wonderful discussion going on?’ Full of sarcasm, Yongguk sat down on the chair beside Luhan and shot him a look from the corner of his eyes.

‘To hell with you.’ Sehun scowled rolling his eyes.

Yongguk clapped loudly at the response and elbowed Luhan lightly as though they have a really friendly relationship.

‘So about giving us your EXTRASOLAR-‘

‘NO.’ Luhan interrupted before he could continue. The rest of them moved defensively in response to his harsh tone. Yongguk waved two fingers and they fall back at once.

‘Well, young man, I don’t think you have a choice.’ Yongguk bent over and cracked his knuckles loudly. Behind him, his underlings smirked.

‘We do, and that is to kill you.’ Kai snapped trying to pull his arms out of the latches. Yongguk lifted his head. ‘You might actually break your wrists first.’

On the other hand, Luhan secretly lifted D.O’s wristband off the table top with his telekinesis and with a single motion he threw it at one of the B.A.P. It hit a younger blonde haired boy and he took out a tube from his belt angrily.

‘This is cheating.’ Yongguk stood up and placed a hand on Luhan’s shoulder. ‘See that nice little tube over there on Zelo’s hand?’

‘Colourless.’ Said Chanyeol who was about to use fire but realized how he could burn Baekhyun’s hand beside him. Everyone’s gazes fell on that tube while Luhan gritted his teeth realizing how his actions had jeopardized EXO’s safety once again.

‘No no no don’t give me that look-‘ Yongguk circled his finger around Luhan’s face. ‘We’re nice people and we’re not going to use that. Keep it.’ He turned around and ordered.

‘No more games. If not…’ He warned Luhan as he moved towards Chanyeol and poked his palm. Luhan watched as his eyes widened and then sweat started trickling down his forehead with a pained expression.

‘What did you do!?’ Luhan protested with his whole body but he couldn’t even move an inch.

‘Nothing?’ Yongguk removed his finger leaving only a blackened spot where he touched. ‘I just rebounded his own power.’ He shrugged nonchalantly and walked towards Luhan.

‘Let them go, you can kill me or torture me in any ways you like. Just let them go.’ Luhan begged squeezing his eye shut. He couldn’t bear another second with everyone looking expectantly at him for a solution. In fact, he doesn’t. The only best way he could think about was to give up his own life for theirs.

Yongguk laughed but his laughter stopped abruptly, bending down to face Luhan at eye level.

‘Who knows what they might do if I release them. I’m not an idiot Mr. Telekinesis.’

‘Hyung, let’s just kill them all.’ Himchan suggested.

‘Good idea.’ Yongguk joined with a smirk monitoring Luhan’s darkened expression.

‘We can lock them up?’ Daehyun said suddenly earning a few disbelief glances from the others especially from his comrades. ‘I can build it like these cuffs.’ He points to Luhan and then at the 11 others.

‘Say what? Hyung we’re here for the Energy Generator not to show mercy.’ Zelo added.

‘That’s right.’ One other guy added. ‘Either we go back with it or they shall never live to see it again.’ Another guy beside Zelo said firmly.

‘Youngjae!… not you too Jongup?’ Daehyun whispered and shook his head before he realized that Luhan was staring. He turned his head away immediately.

‘Sorry but I guess you’ll have to kill us then.’ Kris said suddenly. ‘Hyung! What are you talking about!?’ Sehun shouts in disbelief.

‘What other solutions do you have then?!’ Kris shouted back frustratingly.

‘Guys stop!’ Suho ordered next and the atmosphere turned heavy with the quarrels. Luhan lowered his head unable to meet them in the eyes.

‘Daehyun why don’t you come here and give him a punch? Show his stupid friends who’s the boss here.’ Yongguk jerked a chin at Kris.

‘YAH FREAK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DAMMIT YOU SISSY. COME AT ME THEN!’ Kai shouted the loudest.

‘SHUT UP OR YOU’LL BE THE FIRST. TO DIE.’ Yongguk raised his voice seemingly louder and Kai slammed his lips shut, flaring through his nostrils.

Jongup pushed Daehyun forward and he stumbled making his way to Yongguk. ‘Hyung..’ his voice was almost a whisper when he was an arm’s length away.

‘Do. It.’ Every syllable through Yongguk’s mouth was like a slap across his cheeks.

He doesn’t have a choice he has to but the thing was that hurting Luhan wasn’t part of his plan. He could mold the metallic cuffs as easily as one could imagine because of his amazingly strong fingers. But to hit Luhan with that iron fist might really cost his life.

Daehyun’s hand shook uncontrollably as he raised it before Luhan’s face. ‘It’s alright.’ Luhan said calmly, surprising him.

He took another look at his comrades and at Yongguk then squeezed his eyes shut as he delivered the punch.

But obviously he missed by a scratch.

The rest of EXO heaved such a huge sigh of relieve. Blood oozed out of the cut on Luhan’s lips.

Yongguk stared at Daehyun and facepalmed literally. Waving him away he grabbed Luhan’s collar next, pulling him up towards him.

‘If you don’t give us EXTRASOLAR, then we’ll move here. You know, like an invasion or something. Sounds like a good idea?’ He hissed sarcastically through his teeth. Luhan stared right into his eyes unfaltered by what seemed like a threat.

Yongguk released him and stomped his foot so forcefully that the ground shook as though he’d started an earthquake. Instead of the ground breaking, something fell out of Luhan’s pocket.

Himchan was the first to saw and picked it up at once but his eyebrows creased into a frown at the alien object.

‘What is this?’ He passed the pocket watch to Yongguk, who stared at it for a while too, speechless.

‘Pocket Watch?’ Luhan turned towards Daehyun in surprise. ‘You know what is it?’

‘It’s like the mother of our Timer; the actual form of ancient clocks.’ That earned him a few looks of awe from his own people. Luhan smiled with a nod. Yongguk looked at the rest of EXO with pursed lips. Apparently he was as embarrassed as Himchan.

‘Don’t you guys study on MATO?’ Sehun rolled his eyes again mockingly.

Trying to pluck it open with his bare hands he passed it to Daehyun whose eyes were literally sparkling.

‘Your fingers might be able to open it.’

Daehyun shook his head immediately and put his hands behind his back defensively. ‘Hyung, I won’t touch it.’

Meanwhile Luhan noticed an opening on the Pocket Watch. But it was strange because it seemed like neither Yongguk nor Himchan could feel it.

‘Daehyun!’ Himchan called but none of them dared to force him this time especially if it requires touching his hands.

‘Dae. Hyun.’ Yongguk arched an eyebrow and stared at the Watch for a long while before turning towards Luhan.

‘Why do you have this?’

‘Why do you care?’  

‘You..’

‘I what?’

Yongguk’s eyes widened and in a fit of anger threw it right towards Luhan’s chest. But the next thing that happened left everyone either dumbfounded or horrified.

They didn’t even see impact when a big flash of golden bright light burst out from the Pocket Watch right before it hit Luhan.

Then as though there was an unknown force, Yongguk was into the strange light and within a blink of an eye, they vanished into thin air.

Just like that, leaving nothing but a cuff which was still attached to the floor-mounted chair.

Himchan dropped to the ground punching at the spot Yongguk disappeared while Youngjae and Zelo looked up and down that suspicious looking chair. Jongup was too horrified to even close his mouth.

Daehyun on the other hand seemed the best at controlling his shock. Shaking, he turned his body like a robot towards the rest of EXO and with a snap of his fingers he released everyone.

They crowded around the stunned B.A.P equally as shocked. Especially Sehun and Kai who grabbed Himchan by his arms about to deliver a strong punch to his stomach, but stopped by Xiumin.

‘Where did they go?’ Tao asked Kris while patting the empty chair. Zelo and Jongup stood aside intimidated by their tall heights now that their leader was gone.

‘What do we do now?’ Jongup asked Chanyeol who was nearest to him.

‘Why don’t we fight to death.’ Kai suggested through gritted teeth only to be slapped at the back of his head by Lay.

 ‘Peace?’ Chanyeol and Baekhyun stretched out their hands at the people who were still wanted intruders a moment ago.

‘Peace.’ Daehyun kicked Zelo’s feet who took the hands rather unwillingly.

‘Now can you please release me?’ Himchan whined tiredly while Kai and Sehun still got their firm grips stubbornly on him.

‘How about no?’ Sehun and Kai said in unison but earned themselves a hard knock again on their heads from Lay.

‘We’ll have to wait then.’

The 16 of them stared at the empty spot, their leaders gone without a trace other than a whirlpool of dust beneath their feet. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Double update for today. Next chapter will be up in a few hours. (: 

@j0ngi3s-se0ul-mat3: HAHAH Sorry pal~ that has to wait a while~ (;