Chapter 11

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan walked silently a step behind Heejin, carrying her books. He smiled briefly watching the way she walked. How can someone even trip over their own foot? 

'So,' Heejin slowed down a little letting Luhan catch up. 'Thanks for helping with these books.' She put a hand on the book cover. 

'It's nothing.' Luhan replied while watching her expression. 'I'm sorry for just now, if that surprised you.' 

Heejin turned to look at him. Under the street lights he looked even more charming with his jacket on than he had been, or was it her eyes playing a trick. She rubbed her eyes and shook her head at the same time. Being natural-born clumsy and not watching the road, she tripped over a stone on the pavement, falling forward. But Luhan grabbed her just in time, pulling her back to safety. 

Heejin blinked a few times and realised how Luhan had a hand on her and another lifting the books effortlessly. Skipping a step back from being too close to him, she almost fell again but this time Luhan let her maintain her own balance.

'How did you do that? Aren't they heavy? Or are you just pretending to be strong?' She asked pointing at his hand as though it was just lifting empty cups. 

Luhan shrugged and carried the books with both hands again, his strength could be due to his modified genes but it haven't struck him as to why he could lift these books that holds no drastic weight on his hand, for he thought it was natural among EXO. 'How about you?' 

'What about me?' Heejin asked with a pout, but keeping a relatively safe distance from him. Afterall, he was just someone she just met. 

'Tripping and falling when you have the chance. Are you pretending to be vulnerable so I could catch you every time?' He continued wittily and watched as she became flustered at his question and almost losing her balance again. 

'See, you're doing it again.' Luhan said with a playful smile. 

'YAH! Ehem. Anyway, why did you say that I am your.... ehem...gur... girlfriend?' Heejin lifted her chin to question him despite the obvious stutter in her voice. The playful smile disappeared from his face and he was suddenly serious. 

'If you believed me, you knew I could travel through time, with this.' He transferred the books effortlessly to one hand again and took out his Watch with the other, passing it to Heejin. 

Heejin looked at it again, or rather she examined it this time. 

'It looked so antique and precious.' She said aloud. 

'My father left me this.' Luhan began and looked towards a distance. However Heejin knew his thoughts was further away. 

'I lost my parents too, but luckily I have an older brother.' Heejin said with a warm smile remembering the way her brother ruffled her hair. 

Luhan kept his eyes on her for a while, sympathatic might be the most suitable word.

'Someone invaded the planet I was living in, but he disappeared together with me when he threw this at me. I went back just now, but he didn't. The only explanation would be that he was lost in this Time and Space. I came back to find him and bring him back to his comrades.' Luhan continued, his gaze still focused far away. 

A frown creased on Heejin's forehead and she picked up her pace and turned around infront of Luhan, hands on her hips. 

'Didn't you say he invade your planet? Isn't he your enemy? Why are you helping an enemy then?' Luhan's surprised gaze bore into her eyes and she looked away at once, clearing awkwardly. 'N...Not..Not that I believe what you say. Hmph.' Then she turned around and continued walking. 

Luhan chuckled behind her. 

'They have their own reasons for invading us. Now that their leader has gone missing, they are just as helpless and lost. Afterall, my own comrades felt the same when I was gone.' 

'So what has it got to do with me being your girlfriend?' Heejin reasoned but not turning around to face him, she was actually still embarrassed. 

'I thought you could help me cope with living here on Earth and I figured it was the only other way to convince your friend then.' 

Heejin noticed the way he said 'Earth' and flinched a little. Even though they're both human beings but she didn't dare have any thoughts of what this home planet would become in the future. Not that it was going to affect her since it's gonna be another 100 years. I couldn't even live that long anyway. But then again, she was forgetting the fact that he was from a hundred over years ago. 

But Heejin turned around abruptly this time. 'ME? YOU? YOU'RE LIVING HERE?' 

Luhan chuckled again at her comical reaction, especially those widened eyes reminded him of Chanyeol. He simply shrugged, devising a plan in his mind. 

'H...HOW... H... okay. can. Erm. Do you have any money? You need to get an apartment to live in, and maybe you need to get a job... and maybe...' 

'How about selling this?' Luhan pointed at the Watch in her hand. 

'This?! Isn't this like the only 'key' for you to return to the future?' Heejin stared at the shiny gold Pocket Watch in her hand. It was without a doubt this could fetch some money. 

'But, not like this could be enough to rent an apartment!' Heejin raised her voice frustratingly. Thankfully there wasn't a soul around. Heejin almost face palmed herself. The man infront of her was only a year older than she was, but knowing nothing about living here made him seemed more like a lost kid. So much for all his witty teases earlier. 

She sighed seeing that they were already in her neighbourhood. 

'I guess, you could stay in my house for now?' That was a question for herself. How should she explain to her brother? Bringing a guy home doesn't sound very promising. 

'It's okay. You could just throw the Watch at me and I would return to where I could have been. How far is your home from school?' 

Heejin stared at him for a while and almost heaved a sigh of relieve. But somehow, she was actually disappointed. No No No No No.

'Less than 5km? You can see the school building from here too. There.' She pointed in a distance. Luhan smiled. 'Then that wouldn't be a problem.' 

'You sure about that?' Heejin asked while they continued walking, seemingly slower this time. She slowed down on purpose for she felt a little reluctant. 

'Yes. I'll be fine.' Luhan replied confidently. 

Seeing that her apartment block was right there within sight, her heart raced nervously. It could have been the first time she has ever felt like that. Having butterflies in her stomach, forgetting to breathe, mesmerized. So she said the least expected she'll ever say in this lifetime. Probably. 

'We'll meet here again tomorrow. See, my house is just right there,' she pointed to an apartment infront. 'Tomorrow here, at 10am.' Heejin stomp her foot lightly on the ground beneath. 

Luhan held her gaze for a while. He was thankful she offered to help to such an extend. With another dazzling smile, he placed her books by her feet. 

'I'll be here, then, it's a date.' 

Heat rose to her cheeks at once at the mention of the word 'date'. But apparently Luhan has meant something else, something more literal. 

Lifting the Watch in her palm, she didn't close her eyes this time. Mustering her courage, she looked into his eyes earnestly and watched as the Gold Piece flew from her hand and vanished into thin air together with him. 

'Luhan.' She whispered his name softly under her breath and picked up her books. 

'This is so heavy...how did he...even....' 

'Heejin?' A familiar voice came from a distance behind her. She turned around and a wide grin formed on her lips at once. 

'OPPA! Come and help me with these!'