Chapter 14

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Present

It was a quarter to 10. The streets were still peaceful and harmless. A joyful girl half hopping down the stairs to the empty quiet street. Typical? Not when the person she was expecting was someone from the future. 

Heejin took a glance at her wrist watch for the Nth time this morning. She could see the rays of sunlight creeping past the buildings, reflecting off any glass in the premise. She sighed and hid back into the shades. She wasn't a fan of the sun nor summer for she doesn't like to perspire. That makes her look lethargic and unpretty. So she thought. 

Another 5 more minute, if he's on time. 

The expectant feeling in her heart didn't just disappeared over the night. In fact, the few hours of night only increased her eagerness to meet him again. Somehow it was just pretty obvious how she had fallen head over heels for him. And it wasn't a fact that she would deny anyway. Not when Chaeri has been texting her the whole morning about Luhan and his supposed shining inheritance. 

Her phone vibrated in the back pocket of her jeans. There, Chaeri again. There was another concern though, is he going to register as one of our students or? Just as she was deep in thoughts, a pair of sleek black boots appeared into her field of vision. She looked up and there he was, with the same dazzling smile of sunshine, modest yet charming. There was a gasp stucked in and she coughed twice in embarrassment. 

'Right on time.' He said picking up her wrist, taking a peek at her watch. The touch sent yet another wave of butterflies in her stomach. She pulled her hand away and gave him an awkward smile. She tried, but it came out awkward somehow. Glad that he didn't really mind, in fact he thought that her whole over-reacting thing was pretty interesting. 

'So, are you following me to school?' Heejin turned away and started walking while he followed swiftly beside her. 

'I guess I'll start from there?' Luhan answered with a slight tilt of his head. That simple, effortless action caused her heart to skip a beat. Again. She frowned at herself. Perhaps love? 

'I can walk around freely in the school right?' Luhan asked again snapping her back from her fantasies. To which, Heejin nodded quickly. 

'So, do I see you around in school? I'll be sitting on the table right beside the glass wall of the cafeteria. My break is at one-thirty. I'll be there.' As much as she tried to suppress, her inner self has betrayed her completely. She frowned in frustration at her own 'mistake' or so she thought it could become if he wasn't interested in knowing. 

But of course, Luhan laughed loudly and cleared his throat. 'I'll see you there.' 

'You'll be fine?' Heejin, still flushing scarlet, glanced up at the taller male. There was concern in her expression so obvious to not notice. 

He smiled and patted her head lightly as though talking to a kid, an action that creased Heejin's eyebrows again. 'Don't worry and Thankyou.' 

Heejin went silent for a moment or so. This must be the first time she was thinking for the future and the thought itself reminded her of her unfinished year-end project. A sound escaped through her gritted teeth. 

'So you'll go back once you find him?' She asked sadly, making no effort to hide her tone because if he was gone, she would be sad even though the short time they spent together. 

'Of course.' Luhan answered simply not noticing the saddness in her voice. Heejin went silent again, they were just a street away from the university. Something tugged at her heart strings and she wasn't feeling too good to let him away from her sight. She frowned at herself yet again, unsure of her own reactions and behaviour. It was foreign to her under rather special circumstances. True enough, this wasn't a typical everyday situation when you get hot goys popping up from the future.

She slowed down her pace and came to a stop suddenly. The university was no further than 500 metres. Luhan turned around, surprised at her abrupt stop. 

'Is anything the problem?' He asked, quite innocently. 

'There is.' She simply replied and took a step closer to where he stood. 

It could be an impulse or simply her heart playing a trick, neither of them she was sure. She plainly followed what her body wanted or maybe deep down, what her heart wanted. The said male held her gaze with his doe-like eyes, so overwhelming of charm. 

In fact, all these happened in less than a few seconds. When her lips found his, sending a wave of shock and surprise down his very spine. She pulled away immediately and turned her back. Her cheeks flushing even redder than before, and maybe feeling a little lightheaded of what just happened. 

However, he was still rooted to the ground, as though devoid of his soul. Then he blinked twice before looking her in the eyes. 

'W...h..' He was about to say something when she beat him to it. 

'THIS, is nothing but a way of saying goodbye.' 

He stared at her blankly and nodded finally. 'I get it.' he said and gestured to the gates. 'Shall we?' Heejin could only smile, a smile slightly wider than usual.