Chapter 15

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan went to the library first. He has a good memory so he already spent some time exploring the school structure and short cuts. It was only a little past noon. He thought about Heejin. 'Probably still in class.' He said to himself and made his way round a corner and through the sliding glass doors. 

The thing was. Nothing was really of surprise to him. Be it the cars on the streets or mobile devices people held in their palms. In fact he actually made a face when he realised how troublesome it was when technology was so mundane at this era. What about cars? It seemed really slow. 

I'm from the future afterall, good to be even alive here. He shrugged to himself at the thought as he made his way to the Reference section. 

Good to see books. Not that they don't read in their time. Just that there wasn't even a need to keep a library. He was lost for a moment, didn't know where to start. His eyebrows creased into a frown again as he leaned against one of the shelves. 

Suddenly in the corner of his eyes, someone familiar walked past. He turned immediately but only caught the back view. But conincidentally, the figure stopped in his track too and there was a sudden tension that filled the air around the two individuals. 

The latter turned around slowly. Luhan swallowed but a feeling of relieve washed over. 

'YONGGUK!' That was uncalled for. Startling a few rather focused individuals and attracted more than a dozens of odd/irritated/alarmed/shocked looks. Whatever that was. A library wasn't the best place for a great reunion.

'LU....' Before the shocked male could react, Luhan guestured him out of the library to the corridors. 

'WHAT THE... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! I'M DEFINITELY NOT THROUGH WITH YOU!' Flaring his nostrils the angry male almost made a move, aiming for his face. He didn't even blink though. 

'Your comrades has been missing you.' Luhan began but was once again interrupted.

'OF COURSE THEY ARE!' Yongguk took a deep breath and closed his eyes briefly, making an effort to control his rage. 'All these years.' with that he went silent, leaving Luhan dumbfounded. 

'Years? We're only gone for two days?' He asked and Yongguk gave him another is-that-even-you-trying-to-joke face. 

'2 years. 2 damn years I was here. And now, fitting in so well like the usual university student. Even my graduation was due in like a few months.' He rolled his eyes while Luhan inhaled deeply processing the information. 

'So this,' he took out his watch, 'sent you even further in time.' Both males eyed the shiny old piece silently. 

'Yea thank god this random girl I met on the streets brought me home thinking that I was their long lost brother. Literally. The whole family could be nuts but oh well, I'm having a good life. They even have good private stylists.' A smile lifted in the corner of his lips and Luhan stared at him with the same speak-human look. 

'I'm not actually following you..' Luhan muttered and Yongguk cleared his throat. 

'I was shocked at first. As much as I wanted to go back home,'' there was a slight hint of hesitation when he said that. Now that his definition of home seemed rather.. far away and foreign-weird. 'They are good people.' He rubbed his chin with two fingers and frowned, remembering something. 

'I ran through their family album.' He paused again, there was a tint of horror in his eyes. Luhan noticed. 'I actually looked like him. Their presumed to be dead son, who was actually lost at sea during a raid. He was a marine.' 

Luhan's mouth hang open, unable to speak. As easy as Yongguk explained. Someone who looked like themselves. Does it mean that, there will be another Luhan somewhere? He flinched at the thought. So much for not believing in aliens. Yongguk must've looked like an alien somehow. 

'So,' Yongguk interrupted his thoughts. 'You can return freely, with that.' He pointed at the item now clutched tightly in Luhan's palm. He nodded at the question but not raising his head. 

'How are my men?' There was obvious relieve and concern in his voice. A smile formed on Luhan's face. 'They're fine. Daehyun in fact, had gave me a good proposition to consider.' There was a hint of challenge in his voice. He waited and raised his head to observe Yongguk's expression. As he has expected, the leader eyes' widened in surprise. 

'He did what?!' He raised his voice, surprising an innocent student who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. The student half-ran away quickly taking a few odd glances at the both of them. 

'The fact is, with you gone, they seemed to bond well with my people.' Luhan challenged yet again. Pissing challenge sent. But Yongguk's eyes changed, then he squeezed them shut. When he opened them again, they were softer. 

'What was the proposition? Moving to your planet I suppose?' 

Luhan grinned and nodded twice. Yongguk let out a sigh and rested his arms on the railings, overlooking the school courtyard. He didn't speak. Of course he couldn't. He has pride and ego too, an obstacle he needed to pass inorder to say the words. 

'I wouldn't mind. The more the merrier so they say.' Luhan seemed to read his expression well. A flicker of glee glowed in Yongguk's eyes. But he swallowed back his excitement. 

'I'll have to bid my stand-in family farewell.' He continued. His emotions wasn't something Luhan didn't understand. As GMIs, they were either abandoned or sent away by their parents for experiment. In his case, the latter. 

'Shall we?' Luhan jerked a thumb at the stairs behind. 

'Let's go. Home.'

* * * * *

Dreading. Yes. Dreading might just be the word for what she was feeling. Ever had someone running wild in your thoughts the whole day? Heejin shook her head in embarrasment yet again when the teacher called her name. Daydreaming in action, busted. 

'Yah! What happened with your gorgeous boyfriend from heaven?' Chaeri whispered across. Lucky that they were seated at the last row in class. From heavens huh? Right. He might just be that, and then poof, he would be gone before she even knew it. 

She shrugged half-heartedly, but of course suspicious Chaeri forever suspicious. One shrug like that wasn't going to stop her burning curiously. Something, Heejin feared but again, forgotten amongst the thoughts of him. 

She took another glance at the clock about the white board. The bell rang just on time and she grabbed her books and stuffed them into her backpack in a rush. 

'Park. Hee. Jin. Surely you're not that hungry right?' Chaeri arched an eyebrow but of course she knew otherwise. 

'I am. Very.' And she dashed for the door with surprised Chaeri running after her. 

 

As usual, their table was unoccupied. Heejin glanced around, trying hard to hide the anxious in her movements which totally made her all more clumsier. But who cares. But then again, soon enough, her face fell at once and sighed before making her way to their seats. He was of course, nowhere to be found. 

She sat down sadly earning another curious look from her friend. 

'Heejin is there something you're not telling me?' She tried but Heejin doesn't respond. A long rather exaggerated gasp escaped . 

'DID YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM?!' That did it. Chaeri's voice was loud enough for the whole cafeteria to turn around in their direction. Heejin stared at her friend eye wide and slapped Chaeri's arm rather frustratingly putting a finger to her lips. 

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING.' She whispered loudly to her still shocked friend. Casting awkward smiles to the people around, she dropped her guard again, her shoulders slumped forward and then buried her head into her arms across the table. 

'Yah Heejin ah, did he really dumped you? or the other way round? Figured so. Such a beautiful man, he could turn out ot be a playboy. And he's rich and all and he has no parents...' Chaeri blabbered on senselessly. 

There was a sting at the back of Heejin eyes, and she knew if he'd really left, she might really cry. Though a part of her held on to the fact that he would meet her here eventually, he could just be lost. Afterall, he was punctual for their so called date earlier this morning. 

'Heejin?' A familiar voice, all too familar. She jerked her head up at once to meet the insanly beautiful creature infront. She noticed the other male standing behind him. 

'You!' Heejin called and stood up, in fact, Chaeri did too. 

'Oh library girl.' Yongguk said and managed a smile. The fact was he'd found her rather cute at that time, fumbling with the books and hiding under the desks and almost dropping them. 

'Is he...' Heejin was herself again. All her miserable imaginations vanished like POOF. 

Luhan nodded and Heejin nodded too with an 'oh'. She smiled back at him and extended a hand only to be slapped back down by Chaeri. 

What? She mouthed at her friend who took a step nearer to Luhan. 

'What did you do to her? Why was she going all flustered and sad and blank all morning?' Here goes commander Chaeri. Luhan widened his eyes at the said girl. Yongguk did the same too. So they knew each other already? 

'You were sad?' That sounded almost like a tease. Heejin flushed and shook her head. Luhan though, placed a hand on her head and ruffled lightly before whispering into her ear. 'I'll bid you farewell even if I leave.' That was supposed to sound sincere and probably saddening for Heejin. But her breath went all ragged and hitched with his so close to her. She squeezed her eyes shut till Yongguk cleared his throat. 

'In a hurry?' He said, slightly annoyed and impatient at their display of unwanted affection, or so he assumed. 

'I gotta go.' Luhan said removing his hand on the top of her head and she glanced up at him almost pleading. 'You're leaving?' She meant it exactly it sounded. 

Luhan paused and held her gaze. He'd never noticed she had such beautiful eyes. Big and full of life, but now maybe a little more of saddness. 

'5. Outside your house.' He said and gave Chaeri his usual gentleman smile before leaving after Yongguk, who was already half way out of the doors. He didn't turn back again. Heejin slumped back down into the chair and sigh again. Chaeri frowned. 

'Aren't you happy he's here? How sweet can that be. And wait a minute, why is he here? Is he here to catch some secret government wanted criminals?' As she continued with her very lively imaginations, her eyes darted from tables to tables, scrutinizing the people. 

Heejin rolled her eyes and leaned back against the chair. 'Chaeri ah, I'm hungry.' 

'Alright. The usual?' Her friend rose from the seat. 

'Thanks.' She managed a smile at her. A smile that looked rather genuine. 

Watching her friend go, she buried her head into her arms again. Do you really want him gone? Park Heejin ah, wake up. The both of you are from whole different worlds. Literally. Let it go. It's useless to dwell. Wake up ah wake up. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Finally a chapter long enough after the week. :D