Chapter 46

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Yongguk’s eyes flew opened and winced at the bright light above him. His ears were ringing and his head spinning. He felt nauseous and there was a sharp pain in his wrist. He tried to sit up but realized he was being tied.

There was another presence in the room and he turned towards the source of the sound. There was a loud beeping somewhere behind him and it was annoying as the seconds tick by.

Blinking his eyes opened, he saw a back view of a lady in full white, dressed like a nurse. Am I in a hospital?

The lady turned and he realized he was wearing a mask that left only her eyes visible.

‘Where am I?’ He asked. But she didn’t reply and moved towards the door.

‘HEY!’ he winced again, his throat felt like acid, ‘Where the hell am I?!’ He continued despite the annoying discomfort.

She didn’t reply or turned back and the door closed with a loud click, leaving him in the room alone.

Yongguk tried to wiggle his hands out but realized they were rather securely latched. The images of Luhan and Heejin getting pulled away came back and he got even more anxious to escape. But no matter how much force he used, there was no use.

‘.’ 

 

-----

 

He said, ‘Come dance, with me.’ There was something in his voice that Heejin couldn’t quite put into words. He doesn’t sound hostile.

Heejin stood frozen to the ground. She could only stare at him with open.

The man walked slowly towards her, with a hand stretched out invitingly. Heejin couldn’t say a word neither did she know how to react. Her lips were trembling, so were her hands. It wasn’t until the man before her laughed, a rather boyish manner, did she snapped back.

He lowered his outstretched hand and clicked his tongue before speaking, ‘Are you that afraid of me?’

Heejin stared into the two holes of the face mask, hoping she could at least catch a glimpse of his eyes. That was when she realized Luhan never exactly showed her how the traitor was supposed to look like. Now how was she even going to compare his eyes to? This is crazy, I must be crazy, and this must be a dream.

She shut her eyes at once hoping to drown the loud echoing classical music playing in the background and that when she opened her eyes again, she will be in class again with Luhan staring at her a few seats away.

3

2

1!

And her eyes flew opened and there he was, the same masked man standing before her. She must be imagining because he looked as if he was smiling at her, like a smile was forming on his mask.

‘This isn’t a dream.’ He answered. Once again there was something in the way he spoke that sounded familiar.  Heejin gasped almost choking on her own saliva.

That was when déjà vu struck her.

She was still trembling from head to toe, she couldn’t even take a step back. In fact, she couldn’t afford it. Her knees felt like they were going to buckle any time so she couldn’t risk embarrassing herself, not in this manner, not in front of an enemy.

‘Who are you?’ She asked, using the remaining of her strength to not stutter.

He laughed, rubbing his nape acting all awkwardly. ‘Do you really want to know?’ He waved a hand at the other people in the room. Words weren’t exchanged, his action was clear enough. They cleared the room at once, leaving only the two of them in the room.

Once he knew the ballroom was empty, he put a hand on his mask. Heejin didn’t shift her gaze, she stared at him, for the moment when he removed his mask. In her mind, she was trying to piece up as much information about this person as she could. The things Luhan said but it was all pointless, futile. There was no way she could fight him off. She was just hoping he doesn’t do anything inhumane. Protectively, she hugged her arms tightly and slowly took a tiny step back. A man and a woman in the room, who know what beastly thoughts he could have.

But she realized no matter how afraid she was, she couldn’t look away. There was something about him, something mature, something more conserved about this person that mystifies her.

‘Re..remove it.’ Heejin said.

His hand moved till he was grabbing the whole of the mask, slowly he removed it from his face. But just at that decisive moment, Heejin squeezed her eyes shut. She was afraid to look and instead buried her face into her violently trembling hands.

‘Heejin.’ He called. Without the mask, she could hear his voice perfectly. The way her name echoed in the big empty room. This familiarity she felt wouldn’t be a bluff so her head jerked up at once and their gazes met finally.

That was when she stumbled back and collapsed. Her knees finally gave up beneath her at the unbelivable sight. He knelt down too, extending a hand towards her but she shifted back, as if her body moved on its own, avoiding him.

'This...No no no no. You..' She couldn’t believe her own eyes. He was him, yet he wasn’t. That was when she finally understood.

‘W..Why?’

 

-----

Tiffany’s phone rang and she picked up on the second ring. Her expression went hard at once. ‘Looks like he got to them already.’

‘What about Heejin?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘The diary?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Let’s go back. He didn’t say we have to hurt her. Why did he get her now?!’ Daehyun raised his voice and Tiffany’s expression remained stoic, remembering a recent conversation.

‘Sir what are your orders?’

‘For now I want you to get Daehyun. Take this too.’

‘Sir, pardon me for asking, why can’t we just tell him?’

‘Not now, not yet. We can't. Not when the fun was just about to begin.’

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Alright. I swear everything is confusing. Forgive me. I totally wrote this story in a very drama-like, movie-like manner OTL. But all the conspiracies will come to light in the next chapter. Stay tuned!!!

xoxo