Chapter 17

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Heejin noticed the change in his eyes. The usual glitter was gone, vanished along with his smile. The man before her was in a daze. While onlookers continued to stop and stare, it felt like they were in a world of their own. A rather depressing one actually. 

She stared at the Watch now closed like it was before in his hand. She should be happy now that he was still here. Her feelings didn't do much change over the  past minute, but now there was a suppressed feeling from within. He was still in a daze, trembling slightly as she stood before him, speechless. Nonetheless, she reached out eventually and held him dearly in a warm embrace. 

Luhan eyes fluttered and regained their focus. He could still smell the same strawberry scent from her hair and felt something moist seeping through his thin tee. And he heard it, and felt it. Her tears and slight shudders against his body. Almost immediately, his eyebrows creased deeply. 

'Why are you crying?' That was an innocent question. For it was him who felt every so fearful of the new environment he was now officially stucked in. There was a brush against his chest and that was her shaking her head. So vulnerable and unexpected. 

He raised his hands and wrapped them around her despite the gasps all around them. That was quite a scene actually, in the middle of the school courtyard. 

'Isn't that Park Heejin?' someone said. 

'Who's that guy? He's freaking gorgeous!' said another. 

A giggle escaped Luhan's throat and Heejin finally lifted her head up in embarrassment, avoiding eye contact though. 

'Why are you crying? I should be the one to cry in this situation. We're getting it reversed now aren't we?' the tease in his voice has returned. He was actually beaming again. 

Heejin sniffled in another sob and calmed herself down. But that was a difficult task. Instead she poured all of her thoughts out at the doe-eyed god of love.

'I felt bad. I should be sad for you not be able to return to where you came from. But I was actually really happy. I was happy you stayed. I was happy you can continued to be here, with me. As... my boyfriend.' 

Luhan's eyes widened at the unexpected confession. 'Is that a confession?' He said that out loud unfortunately and watched as her cheeks flushed with reddness. Her eyes were darting everywhere except for where he was. He took a deep long breath. Once again, he didn't know the definition of beautiful. But as of now, it might be the blush on her cheeks or her long silky hair flowing serene along with the wind, or probably the faint scent of strawberries or probably the genuine tears that sparkled from the corner of her eyes. 

She seemed so vulnerable. This might be the first time in his life that he had a strong desire to protect someone other than his comrades. Slowly, gently with delicate fingers, he lifted her chin up and helf her gaze. The red on her cheeks was a deeper shade but he overlooked that. For the glittering tears in her eyes still captured his attention more than anything else. 

Then, he smiled. Dazzling smile. Her heart skipped a beat. 

'Is it difficult to live here?' He asked still holding her gaze. 

She looked away briefly and frowned. 'Not really?' She replied, unable to hide her smile. 

' So...Where do we start?' 

* * * * *

'You're WHAT?!' Chaeri raised her voice. Not like it wasn't nomal, but Heejin nudged her from the sides again and turned to smile briefly at Luhan. He watche, amused yet again at their animated conversation. 

'I'm going too.' Chaeri decided herself. 

'NO!' That was Heejin, and her voice was a few octraves higher than Chaeri's. She blushed at her outburst. 

'But you're going home.... Oppa is...' 

'YAH MISS, CAN YOU STOP HAVING WEIRD THOUGHTS ON MY BROTHER?!' 

Luhan frowned and looked at the two of them who began whispering almost in sync, giving him their best fake smile. He shrugged and continued, almost walking into a pole. He couldn't quite take his eyes off Heejin. That was something he didn't say. He looked up at the clear blue sky and remembered his buddies faces. Maybe Yongguk will do a better job. 

After a long discussion Chaeri stopped and gave Heejin a push against Luhan. Thanks to his fast reflex, he caught her safe and firm in his arms and flashed an odd look at the culprit. Chaeri stuck out her tongue in mere frustration before stomping off in the other direction. 

'YES!' Heejin locked her arm into her waist and flashed a bright teeth showing smile. 

'We might have to explain to my brother...' The smile disappeared almost as immediately as it appeared and she was frowning again. 

Luhan poked the middle of her frowned eyebrows surprising her, but nonetheless her cheeks betrayed her again. 

'Let me do the explaining.' 

Heejin nodded. She was sure her brother would be an understanding person. 

Within minutes, they had arrived at the entrance to her apartment. 'Don't think my brother's home yet.' she mumbled and heard a familiar voice from afar. 

'Heejin?' speak of the... devil? It was her brother dressed in simple hoodie, jeans and converse sneakers. 

'Oppa!' Heejin turned around so did Luhan. 

'This is my brother, oppa, this is Luhan.' Heejin introduced but the male has already frozen on the spot. She glanced up at him and spot nothing but plain surprise and probably amazement in his expression. 

'Hi?' Her brother waved briefly, awkwardly actually and arched an eyebrow at Heejin. 

'So... are you like her boyfriend?' 

Luhan gulped and took his hand, for a moment he was afraid of an intense amount of heat he might give out. But gave himself a mental slap. 

'C...chan...yeol...?' 

The said male turned and look at Heejin. 'So you already told him about me?' 

Heejin couldn't hide her surprise but nodded despite the fact that this was the first time they've met and no, she didn't mention her brother's name. That was really weird. 

'Nice to meet you.' Luhan stared at the taller male. He was the same, they looked the same. except for the fact that this version doesn't give out heat or melt objects at random without warning. Probably more mature too. He returned a smile and released his hand. 

'Nice to meet you. I'm Luhan, her boyfriend and I might have to stay in your apartment for a while.' 

Luhan almost couldn't hold in his laughter when Chanyeol's eyes widened like they were going to pop. At the very least, this, hasn't changed.