Chapter 6

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

During lunch, Chaeri had chosen their usual table. It was actually strange how nobody ever sat on ‘their’ table for meals. Probably thanks to Chaeri of course, she’d literally claimed it hers since day 1, this table does bring back some memories.

‘Whot are woo goyaeng puu droow?’Chaeri spoke with food in earning the usual disgusted glance from Heejin.

‘Please chew and swallow before you open your mouth!’ Heejin warned while shaking her head in defeat. ‘I don’t know yet.’

Chaeri took a sip of water and scooped a mouthful from her plate again. ‘Futuristic… why do we get this theme instead…’ said Chaeri rhetorically.  

Heejin shrugged and started poking her rice with the fork. Previous themes like ‘Memories’ or ‘Happiness’ doesn’t even pose a challenge to her superior skill in drawing. Those two canvases even made it to the Uni’s very own student art gallery, somehow or rather earned her that little bit of fame. But this time it was different, she hasn’t had any idea. She could always draw it like one of those Sci-Fi movies out there but it wouldn’t be based on originality; and apparently she doesn’t like the idea of it.

Ambitious.

Already sulking, she placed her fork down. ‘I’ll go flip through the references again.’ Heejin stood up quickly catching Chaeri, who obviously still have a lot in those puffy cheeks, by surprise.

‘Don’t worry, you continue to eat while I’ll be in the classroom.’ Heejin persuaded and smiled when her friend finally nodded after a short second of intense eye contact.

‘See you sooooon~’ Heejin sang and half-hopped out of the cafeteria.

She was either too clumsy or walking without her eyes; she bumped into someone again while heading up the darker stairs back to the classroom which was at the highest level. And to her horror it was a rather strong impact, like she probably hit hulk or something. This time losing her balance, she fell.

‘Owww..’ Heejin winced and patted her face repeatedly while sitting on the floor. ‘If my nose broke you’re going to die!’ Someone bent down infront yet keeping a safe distance away.

‘I’m sorry.’ Said a male voice softly.

Heejin looked up from her pain but she was in fact a little dizzy from the impact moments ago. Tousled brown hair and wore sparkles? Heejin blinked a few more times before the fuzzy view recovered.

‘Who…?’ actor? Heejin mumbled.

‘Sorry but it must have hurt a lot.’ He started with an apologetic expression.

‘You bet.’ Heejin rubbed her sore nose a few more times before she struggled to stand up. He reached out and held onto her elbows delicately as if she was a treasure of some sort. It was strange because Heejin stood up effortlessly, like he lifted her off the ground easily.

‘Thankyou?’

The person took a big step back and watched her carefully in silence. Heejin dusted her jeans and glanced back with a rather loud gasp.

Tousled brown, silky looking hair, clear bright hazel eyes, a rather perfect nose and a small cut on his lips. Other than that he wore a full black-silver out of the ordinary outfit and a wristband that kind of sparkle diamonds magically against the afternoon sunlight.

Performer? One of our art student? Idol? ‘Who are you?’ Heejin asked aloud. Blood rose to her cheeks almost immediately as he looked her in the eyes. She could almost convince herself that this was the best day of her life until he spoke finally.

‘Where am I?’

Heejin stared at him with a blank look. Foreigner?

‘You’re in…Seoul University…so…apparently…Seoul?’

The guy looked around and fixated his gaze at the campus beyond the stairs with an unreadable expression. ‘And sorry but…where is Seoul?’

Heejin frowned. Obviously not our student but did he not go to school? ‘You mean Seoul?’ He nodded turning back to face her. ‘Isn’t it…Korea?’

‘Where is Korea?’ He glance back at her with a puzzled expression, his bright widened eyes seemed to dazzle though.

‘Huh? Are you serious?’ Heejin took a few steps back defensively but he stood grounded at the same spot unmoving. She slowly reached into her back pocket for her cellphone and watched as he squeezed his eye shut and took a long deep breath.

‘What year is it?’

That did it. Heejin convinced herself that he was an actor and this was nothing but a prank. Her thoughts flickered to Chaeri at once and cussed inaudibly.

‘2013? Is this a hidden camera joke? This is all a prank right?’ She gulped and scanned the area quickly for cameras but instead to only be returned with another blank look. He inhaled again and tapped continuously on his sparkly wristband. Heejin watched suspiciously as if something was supposed to happen. Is he a stalker?!

‘Who are you?’ He gave up eventually and held her gaze for a while.

‘Why do you care? …Weird.’ Heejin took a deep breath and felt the cellphone on her fingertips but before she could even pull it out the guy unexpectedly dropped to the ground, his eyes closed.

‘Hey…? Hey… hello? Are… are you okay?’ Heejin took a tiny step forward and poked his arm with the tip of her sneakers. But he wasn’t moving. She bent down immediately and felt for his breath, totally forgetting the fact that he had just asked her a series of weirdest questions ever. Thank everything, he was alive.

‘Omo.. how… what…omg how…’ She shook him again and watched his eyelids fluttered slightly. Heejin waited while he slowly opened them and sat back up with much difficulty as though suddenly drained of energy. He rubbed his temple with his wrist with a pained expression.

‘Are you.. okay?’ okay, obviously not. She asked with concern written all over her face and maybe even in her actions as she reached out and brushed away the dust speckle on his cheek. He flinched at her touch and stood up at once only to fell sideways against the wall strength-less.

Taking a deep breath, Heejin walked over bravely and wrapped his arm over her neck. He didn’t actually felt heavy; it was like he intentionally shifted his weight to not cause her trouble.

‘Whoever you are, you need a place to rest. For now.’ Heejin said holding his arm and waist firmly. This wasn’t the time to be embarrassed by his awesome abs or anything; she made a mental note.

Descending the stairs carefully, they headed towards the Nurse Room right around the corner.

‘Thankyou.’ He whispered softly while they walked.

‘You’re welcomed.’ Still embarrassed nonetheless, Heejin replied without stuttering and realised that he was actually walking with eyes closed. Unable to pull her eyes away from his oddly dashing side profile and long lashes, her heart skipped a frantic beat. A bashful smile formed on her lips as she felt the warmth from the closeness of his face. 

...Who are you?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Thankyou new subscribers! (: 2nd update of the day!