Chapter 39

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Chanyeol buzzed everybody through the communicator and immediately Luhan knew they were getting news from the Association. Have they finally decided to send him back in time again? Many thoughts ran through his mind as he made his way to Base. 

While waiting for everyone to gather, Baekhyun ran up the same jumbled series of codes to revealed a message sent not too long ago from the almighty Association. 

Luhan stared at the message on screen and finally, nothing could stop him from laughing out loud. Both Sehun and Kai however wasn't exactly glad with this new mission. 

'You're leaving again?' Chen walked in with Xiumin and Lay. 

The fact was, everyone else was skeptical except for the man himself. While the B.A.Ps gathered, Yongguk came to stand beside Luhan and talked with a much lowered voice. At this time, a new message was received and the BaekYeol began decoding it immediately. 

'You're sure about this?' Yongguk rubbed his nape. 

'Absolutely positive.' 

'I know what you're thinking but this is the Association we're talking about, it could get dangerous.' 

'I know.' Luhan crossed his arms. There was no word to describe his feelings at the moment. Probably how he felt when he regained his memory, that one simple thought of just running to her screaming his affections at the top of his voice. 

The new message flashed up and there was gasps from the B.A.Ps. 

'Looks like I'll be joining you.' Yongguk smirked while giving the other grinning male a fist bump. 

'Do you really have to go?' Zelo asked with a deep frown. 

Now that all eighteen of them were here, it couldn't be helped that the rest were obviously more worried than ever. 

'Capture the traitor alive.' Kris read the last line of the first message. 'Wouldn't it be better if we all go?' 

'That would put us in a bigger risk.' Xiumin reasoned, currently the one with the most logical mindset. Both Luhan and Yongguk nodded. 

'So we'll have to lose communications with you again.' Sehun sulked, his back against the wall. 

'Are they not going to explain why?' Youngjae added pointing at the very straightforward message. 

'Luhan to hand over the Watch and prepare for the next Travel. Mission to capture the traitor alive. Yongguk to join him as the first mission of alliance.' Lay repeated the words on the screen agreeing with Youngjae. 

'Be safe.' Xiumin said to the two of them and four hooded personas appeared at the door. Chanyeol stared at the figures on the screen and sighed. 

'Time to go. They're already here.' 

The two males exchanged glances with each other and at the rest with the same assuring smile, but there was only one thought in Luhan's mind. 

 

I'm finally coming to you now. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Heejin tried a smile when she saw Daehyun waiting for her as promised at the front gate. He took over Heejin's reference books and extended an arm which Heejin took without another word. 

'Are you hungry? What do you feel like having? Some italian today?' Daehyun asked. He had changed into brighter colours and was hoping the other girl would notice but instead she was too preoccpied with something else. 

'Heejin?' He asked taking another glance at her. 

She turned to look at him after a while with a puzzled expression. It was obvious nothing he'd said got through her in the few minutes they met. He noticed how pale and weak she looked.

'I'm sorry Dae, I'm having a slight headache can we go home instead?' She said after a while.

Daehyun looked at her and it pained him to see her like that. She was fine this morning, he was sure something had happened. But he wouldn't ask any futher. At least, not now.

 

At the foyer of her apartment, she gave Daehyun a quick hug. He didn't complain and watched as she ascended the stairs. Her small frame seemed even smaller in this manner. He wished that he could make her a meal or tuck her in bed, but he knew she wouldn't want that. He wouldn't want to risk having the trust she finally had of him destroyed again.

Heejin turned the door knob slowly. Even a simple action like that seemed so dreadful. She had spent the whole day thinking about him. Chaeri would've sent her home instead but she had some emergency at home that she had no choice but to leave. 

Her phone continued to buzz and she knew it must be messages and missed calls from her best friend, but had no intention of picking them up. Her brother wasn't home yet, the house was dark but she didn't bothered for lights too. Dropping her tote beside her desk, she dragged herself to bed. And as soon as she lied down, those tears that she was desperately holding in began falling like loose beads. She only wrapped herself up with the blanket in a cocoon-like manner and just sobbed quietly. 

She was confused. 

Confused at how real it felt. How real her heart reacted to the new found memory. How wrecked she was to think that she was killing herself from the inside out over a dream. 

She wanted so much to scream, but there was no sound from . What came out was just desperate breaths of air. She felt like her heart was ripped out. 

Her phone continued to buzz in her bag. The room was quiet and she could hear it. The very sound of it became annoying and she covered her ears with her hands, her body in a fetus-like position. 

Please let it pass. She thought repeatedly and eventually cried herself to sleep. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

A wave hit the banks of the Han River followed by a strong gust of wind. Some passersby were taken aback but none stopped to notice except for the couples who were already enjoying a good night's date. 

Yongguk dusted some invisible dust off his pants and took a deep breath. He regretted immediately and coughed. 

'Seriously how can anyone survive breathing this kind of air.' 

'They did.' Luhan said jerking his head in the direction of a group of people. 

Yongguk shook his head and adjusted his collar. 

'So where do we begin?' 

'Let's begin with a handphone.' Luhan said taking out a stack of notes from the briefcase provided by the Association.

Lucky for them that Time Traveling doesn't require clearing customs, because one thing for sure, they would fail badly for the weapons in that briefcase. But then again, they might just pass with no problem because humans have yet to develop such advance technologies. 

 

Luhan punched in the numbers he remembered again. The connecting line sounded and he waited anxiously for her to pick up. When the line finally got through once again, it was actually the recording message tone. 

'Why isn't she picking up?' He frowned. It only made him ever more anxious. 

'We can try again later. Remember we're here for a mission not your personal dating adventure.' Yongguk said and it worked. Luhan slipped the phone back into his pocket and glanced around. 

'So, where are we going to sleep tonight?' 

'I have an apartment.' 

 

Luhan was surprised when he noticed a pair of woman's heels at his doorstep. Heejin? After a few knocks the door finally opened revealing a younger woman probably in her early twenties. She stared at both males with a puzzled turned bashful expression. 

'Do..Do I know you?' 

'Didn't know you had another woman.' Yongguk whispered teasingly and smiled at the flustered lady. Luhan looked past the lady and realised that the interior design was nothing like his apartment. He frowned. 

'I think something changed here when I disappeared.' He whispered and bowed a simple goodbye to the blushing lady before heading down the stairs. 

'What changed?' 

'That unit used to be my apartment. Don't even start on me not remembering. I could swear it was right because,' he looked up at the opposite building at the window that he was so used to seeing, 'that was where she lives.' 

Yongguk glanced up and frowned. 

'So the time here changed too.' 

'To the point when I don't exist.' Luhan continued with a grave expression. That was what scared him the most. If it was true there was a high possibility that Heejin would never know him. 

'This is bad.' Yongguk added. 'But good too because this Daehyun wouldn't know you existed too.' 

Luhan sighed. The other male had a point, but he couldn't take his eyes off of her apartment. The lights were off. Is she asleep? Or is she not home? 

'Let's find an apartment tomorrow. We'll just have to make do with the park tonight.' Luhan said and left. 

 

What if she doesn't remembers me? Will it do her good to meet me again? Maybe it would be better off if I kept my distance. She will be safer like that.