Chapter 54

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

‘Southeast, 7 people.’ Just as Park Dong Hoon’s voice transmission ended Ji Hyun Jin raised a hand at the same time and Baekhyun was back to one again. Dongwoo exchanged glances with Luhan, a smile appeared on his face. ‘Backups are coming!’ he exclaimed.

Baekhyun’s empty soulless eyes scanned the two of them and backed away, with the remaining GMIs on the field, to where Ji Hyun Jin was.

Luhan, can you hear me?

A voice on another frequency came through his ear piece. This voice, to his surprise, belonged to Heejin. She must be using the secured line which only PDH had access to.

Luhan are you okay?

Heejin spoke again, but he cannot answer, not when Dongwoo was right beside him and now everyone else in their party was on standby because nobody knows what JHJ’s next moves were and how will the 7 new GMIs arrive.

Luhan I’m sorry I couldn’t promise you to stay on the tower. I asked my dad for this secure line, please don’t be mad.

Luhan’s hands clenched into tight fists at those words because he couldn’t react or answer. He can’t it will be too obvious to Dongwoo that he was having another conversation secretly.

Don’t worry Luhan you don’t have to answer, I’ll be good here. I promise you I’ll keep myself safe here. But you, promise me please promise me, just give me a nod, just a nod will do, promise me you’ll be safe.

There was a pause. Then she spoke again.

Luhan, I love you.

Luhan bit on his lips and blinked briefly swallowing back the lump in his throat with a slightest nod. I love you too. Wait for me Heejin. Wait for me.

The line came to an end and PDH’s voice came up again, as if none of the previous conversation with Heejin happened.

‘Yongguk, Tiffany, Daehyun, Dongwoo, Hoya and Luhan. Our backup will arrive in 30. They’re a team of 7 people. Meanwhile the enemy’s backup will arrive.. NOW!’

His voice ended abruptly and the 7 figures appeared the same way as JHJ’s party, landing right beside them and PDH’s voice came on again.

‘GOT7. GMIs from JYPLANET. The Association has absolute authority to mobilize any of the GMIs. Looks like he might have other GMIs under his influence.’

There was a strong gust of wind and all the gates from four sides opened up at the same time. Two new members appeared behind Luhan and Dongwoo, three at Yongguk’s West gate, Two at East and then four familiar figures at North.

‘Zelo! Youngjae!’ Yongguk called. Luhan looked over and recognized Chen and Kai at once.

‘Hyung, sorry we got you worried.’ It was Kai’s voice over the transmitter. Luhan almost smiled but realized the two new guys behind him had moved to his sides.

‘BANGTAN BOYS, where are your manners?’ said PDH and the two persons beside Luhan and Dongwoo turned towards them with acknowledging smiles.

‘Jimin.’ One of the boys said. ‘Jungkook.’ Said the other with bigger eyes.

‘V, Jin, Rap Mon, Jhope, Suga.’ Voices came from the transmitters again. They must be the ones from West and East gates.

‘HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Aren’t you guys carefree?’ JHJ’s voice resonated as if on loud speaker. Dongwoo winced beside him. Luhan noticed that one of GOT7 had two fingers tapped at a spot on JHJ’s throat. It could be one of his abilities.

‘Park Dong Hoon. Aren’t you a puny coward? Why? Are you afraid to face me or that you might pee your pants?’

‘Hyung, back at home we were ambushed and injected with his mind-control chip. He doesn’t have to control directly. The chips were all programmed beforehand with the order to eliminate target upon sight.’ Chen said.

‘The target is actually PDH. It is best he doesn’t come out.’ Kai added.

‘Park~ Dong~ HOOON~’ JHJ called again in a sing-song voice. Dongwoo scoffed at the obvious mockery in his voice.

‘Looks like I don’t have a choice now then. He’s right. I shouldn’t hide. I’ve hidden all my years. It’s time for me to stop hiding.’ PDH’s voice came through again, bitter.

‘Sir. Are you sure about this?’ That was Daehyun’s voice.

‘Sir.’ Tiffany added.

But that was just what the others are authorized to hear. He used that separate secured frequency once more. Luhan kept his eyes front, his expression remained unchanged.

Luhan, listen. If something happened to me… Remember. The Plan must be followed through. You shall have no hesitation. Do you understand? And Heejin. Heejin, I’ve sent her away. Somewhere safe. Remember, and don’t make me repeat. There will be no hesitation. This is an order!

Luhan’s jaw tightened at the order. Heejin’s somewhere safe now. Why am I worrying? But PDH’s words rang in his ears. All he could do was to focus his attention on his remaining brothers who were still under control, on the other side.

Coming here to this Timeframe had already distorted certain realities. Heejin especially was the most affected. The last Time Lapse had proved it all. He glanced briefly towards Daehyun and looked away immediately. The fact that his arrival had already changed things here doesn’t make him feel any better. Heejin was supposedly to be together with Daehyun in this Timeframe. That obvious fact pained him even more. But there was nothing but a useless, aching pain in his chest. He swallowed the ache in. 

He doesn’t belong here. He was bound to return to his own future, to his home.

And the time, has come.

 

______

 

Heejin stared at the piece of paper that had fallen from one of her dad’s files. Mathematical formulas, rows and rows of equations, things that she doesn’t understand. But a word circled at the bottom caught her eyes. ‘Reverse’.

Her dad walked in at this time. ‘Didn’t Luhan tell you not to leave the tower?’

Heejin turned around and shifted so her body blocked that piece of paper. ‘I was worried. I thought it was better to be with you..’

In actual fact, she was afraid. She was afraid to be up there, to be able to see so clearly, she can’t bear to watch. She hated the fact that she was nothing but very human. She can’t be like Tiffany. To be able to fight alongside the rest seemed like a faraway dream.

And now the word ‘Reverse’ was bothering her.

‘Can I speak to Luhan?’ She asked.

‘Do you understand what is going on now?’ her dad’s expression hardened. She understood perfectly but she couldn’t help but to feel anxious.

‘But dad please, just once. Once will do. I’ll do whatever you want me to do.’

Park Dong Hoon gave her words a thought and as though remembered something, he pursed his lips and when he met her gaze again. There was a new spark in his eyes.

‘Just once. And you’ll have to leave. Leave this compound. Go back home to your brother. Don’t come back here. Not until this war was over. Luhan needs no more distractions.’

Her face fell at his orders. She didn’t expect him to ask her to leave. But this was the best she could bargain for. I’m sorry Luhan.

She nodded after her dad’s words but why was there a very bad feeling?